Mystique vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Standard gear for each.

Who wins?

DarkSaint85
Does mystique have any other powers/equipment beyond being a highly trained human (I'm thinking the Chameleon, as an analogue)?

Parmaniac
What's Mystique's standard gear?

carver9
Whatever she mainly shows on panel which is guns basically.

Sin I AM
knives and pistols...nothing that will sway the fight much

cdtm
Spite?

A well written Spidey could/should beat the entire Bat family at the same time, sans prep...

BUSTER1
Spiderman should crush her.

DarkSaint85
Surely then, Spiderman should win? Barring of course any speed/strength feats of Mystique I am unaware about. Spidey deals with the Chameleon just fine, after all....

Konton
Mystique should fare as well as Wolverine would, substituting his healing factor for morph-rated damage soak/grit and compensating for his skeleton with super morphing that certainly makes her a physical threat up close.

Idk if she can overcome the speed gap, but neither is likely to one-hit KO the other in direct combat without a long fight. Mystique is a pretty sturdy tank these days. Her ongoing was a very solid read and expanded on her post-Toad incident power levels nicely.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Konton
Mystique should fare as well as Wolverine would, substituting his healing factor for morph-rated damage soak/grit and compensating for his skeleton with super morphing that certainly makes her a physical threat up close.

Idk if she can overcome the speed gap, but neither is likely to one-hit KO the other in direct combat without a long fight. Mystique is a pretty sturdy tank these days. Her ongoing was a very solid read and expanded on her post-Toad incident power levels nicely.

thats what i was thinking....she's ferocious enough to will by sheer will even though by stats peter should trump her. Id give her the nod for the majority

SamZED
Sheer will is something Spider-man has plenty of himself.

abhilegend
Spidey 10/10. Lulz at someone trying to play more will than blah, blah card on spidey.

BUSTER1
Originally posted by abhilegend
Spidey 10/10. Lulz at someone trying to play more will than blah, blah card on spidey.

Absolutely agreed. Over the decades Spiderman has shown he never gives up in a fight. With PIS removed Mystique is toast.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Spite?

A well written Spidey could/should beat the entire Bat family at the same time, sans prep...

I SHALL BECOME A BAT

Sin I AM
Originally posted by abhilegend

Originally posted by BUSTER1
Absolutely agreed. Over the decades Spiderman has shown he never gives up in a fight. With PIS removed Mystique is toast.

more will does not prevent him from getting his ass handed to him often enough, i think your greatly underestimating mystique if u believe this is a stomp...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
more will does not prevent him from getting his ass handed to him often enough Neither will it prevent Mystique

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Neither will it prevent Mystique

walk me thru a fight between the two..im curious how the fight goes

Parmaniac
I'm willing to start a feat war with you as long as you start.

Mindship
Spider-Man gets knocked about for a while (cuz he doesn't want to hit a girl), is genuinely surprised by the fight Mystique can bring, but then gets pissed and ends the fight quickly and decisively. My impression is that many mistake spider-jobbery for lack of power/ability.

Scoobless
webbing ftw, she can't break it and if she takes time to try to cut it she'll get smacked in the head for a KO.

basilisk
Originally posted by Sin I AM
walk me thru a fight between the two..im curious how the fight goes
Mystique turns into Spider-Man and attacks. In the ensuing battle, Spider-Man loses track of who is the real Spider-Man. His spider-sense is going crazy, but is it telling him that his opponent is the imposter, or that he is? Old insecurities about possibly being a clone come back to haunt him, badly shaking his confidence. Mystique kicks him in the nuts.

Scoobless
Um, no. Sidey will quickly realise his opponent has neither his powers nor his knowledge, then he webs her up and KOs her for pissing him off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by basilisk
Mystique turns into Spider-Man and attacks. In the ensuing battle, Spider-Man loses track of who is the real Spider-Man. His spider-sense is going crazy, but is it telling him that his opponent is the imposter, or that he is? Old insecurities about possibly being a clone come back to haunt him, badly shaking his confidence. Mystique kicks him in the nuts.
Or spidey jokes about how much of a skank Rogue is, causing Raven to break down and surrender herself. Or he can always use solution of every problem in life :COMBO-TO-KO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.