Spartacus: Vengeance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The next series that will follow on from 'Blood & Sand'

GObQ_VCGu6w

and a preview

http://www.starz.com/#/premieres-on-starz-january-27

Mindset
Seeing this makes me sad about Andy. sad

-Pr-
Sad, but also happy that the show is continuing.

Robtard
Looking forward to it.

Galan007
Is that Gannicus at 1:21?

Kazenji
Yep, it Looks like it.

marwash22
i'm glad Gannicus is coming back, i liked him way more than i did Crixus.

Robtard
He won his freedom though, so I can't see him joining Spartacus' slave-revolt.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
Is that Gannicus at 1:21?

I'm not surprised in the slightest; man did way too much not to be brought back imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by Robtard
He won his freedom though, so I can't see him joining Spartacus' slave-revolt. What's stopping the Romans from recapturing/enslaving Gannicus and forcing him to fight in the arena again? After all, that'd be quite a demoralizing 'symbol' to hit Spartacus (and co.) with... Show them that not even free men are free.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'm not surprised in the slightest; man did way too much not to be brought back imo. Couldn't agree more.

Mindset
Gannicus was the best thing about Spartacus imo.

Robtard
What's stopping the Romans from recapturing/enslaving Gannicus and forcing him to fight in the arena again? After all, that'd be quite a demoralizing 'symbol' to hit Spartacus (and co.) with... Show them that not even free men are free.

Freed slaves usually remained free under Roman law, barring they didn't commit a crime.

Not saying your angle wouldn't happen, it just wouldn't follow historical aspects of Roman society accurately, but that's ever stopped television before.

marwash22
i could be wrong but i don't believe plastic surgery was an option during the time period, but there were plenty of chicks rocking fake bitties throughout the show... historical accuracy isn't exactly a priority.

Robtard
But, but, but the very opening says this show depicts an accurate portrayal of ancient Roman society!?

Robtard
Decent opening episode, the new Spartacus works well enough.

Hope they tone down the slow-mo camera-work in the future.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
i could be wrong but i don't believe plastic surgery was an option during the time period, but there were plenty of chicks rocking fake bitties throughout the show... historical accuracy isn't exactly a priority.

Screw historical accuracy

if you want that go read a book.

marwash22
first episode was good and i didn't mind Liam. I agree with Rob on the slow-mo...

Really hope they wrap this search for Naevia up in the next episode or two so i don't get flashbacks of The Walking Dead.

Robtard
Episode 12, the search for Naevia continues...

marwash22
YEAAAAAH! THEY FOUND NAEVIA! smile

oh, they lost Crixus. ffffffffffuuuuuu. no expression

BruceSkywalker
this show has been surprisingly done well..

shame about Crixus though.. I guess Spartacus will be getting lots of loving.. hahaha

Galan007
Glad to see Gannicus return. Bar none the best character in the story thus far, imo.

marwash22
yup. too bad he's probably gonna die soon.

Mindset
Shut your phucking mouth, pig.

marwash22
eat me.

Robtard
When Gannicus dies, you can be assured he'll go out like a bad-ass.

They'll likely do two more seasons, covering the three year slave rebellion/war. Gannicus being very popular with homos like you people, he'll likely be on for at least another season; if not two.

Mindset
Now that Spartacus sucks Gannicus will have to carry the show

Galan007
^ thumb up

On another note: I didn't realize HOW badass of a swordsman Gannicus was until he schooled Oenomaus. I'd be SHOCKED if Spartacus could do the same.

Robtard
Dude was chained and had a shitty rusty sword,

But yeah, Gannicus fought blind-folded and won, he's definitely one of the top 3 fighters on the show.

Galan007
Dude was chained and had a shitty rusty sword,

But yeah, Gannicus fought blind-folded and won, he's definitely one of the top 3 fighters on the show. Yeah, but hands chained or not, Oenomaus would still be ridiculously good, me thinks--this is the same guy who dominated both Spartacus and Crixus like they were children.... And Gannicus didn't look like he had to exert himself too much in order to win. /shrug

Regardless, I'm sure their feud isn't over.

Robtard
For sure; I'm still of the opinion it's:

Oenomaus
Gannicus
Spartacus
Crixus

I think Oenamaus is on top cos not only does he have raw skill like the rest, he's the most level-headed in a fight, barring when he went berserk on Gannicus for screwing his wife.

Galan007
I could agree with that for now... Though I'd like to think that the 'skill-gap' between Oenomaus and Gannicus is much smaller than the 'skill-gap' between Gannicus and Spartacus.

Robtard
I could agree with that for now... Though I'd like to think that the 'skill-gap' between Oenomaus and Gannicus is much smaller than the 'skill-gap' between Gannicus and Spartacus.

Sounds reasonable from what we've seen. Though I don't think they're all very far apart now.

Both Sparatacus and Crixus have improved since the days when Oenamaus spanked them while they trained to fight Theokoles (The Shadow of Death).

I'm sure we'll see though, as the preview hinted that Spartacus and Gannicus clash a bit.

Galan007
True. Spartacus does seemed to have improved substantially since his rebellion began.

marwash22
I'm thinking that Spartacus/Gannicus fight we saw in the trailer for the upcoming episode is just a dick measuring type of deal... probably not a fight to the death, but a fight to see who's top dog. it'll serve to answer the very question you two are asking.

My guess is that it'll be a draw with both scoring some superficial hit/cuts.

Robtard
Not feeling the "top dog" angle, as the group clearly follows Spartcus and Crixus and Gannicus is some ex-slave.

I see it as more of Spartacus testing and egging on Gannicus, as he has no were to go now that he's lost his rudis.

But hey, you could be 100% correct, it's bound to happen sometime.

Mindset
Hopefully, Gannicus beats Spartacus and takes his woman.

marwash22
Not feeling the "top dog" angle, as the group clearly follows Spartcus and Crixus and Gannicus is some ex-slave.

I see it as more of Spartacus testing and egging on Gannicus, as he has no were to go now that he's lost his rudis.
hm

seems logical. Maybe Gannicus tries to leave before Oenomaus recovers and Spartacus tries to stop him because they need the extra fighter.Originally posted by Mindset
Hopefully, Gannicus beats Spartacus and takes his woman. get off Gannicus's dick, bruh.

Mindset
Get off mine, bro!

marwash22
i refuse.

Robtard
Is there some reason why whether it's night or day, more than half the dudes are always walking around in nothing except little loin-cloths?

They clearly have access to clothes with how many Romans they've killed and looted.

marwash22
Is there some reason why whether it's night or day, more than half the dudes are always walking around in nothing except little loin-cloths?

They clearly have access to clothes with how many Romans they've killed and looted. the 2 or 3 women who watch this show, and Mindset, need something to drool over.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Get off mine, bro! Originally posted by marwash22
i refuse. Gay.

marwash22
you wanting it to be true wont make it so. I'm sure you will find that special someone, but i'm afraid it's not me.

Robtard
Can you two please stop talking about gay-stuff and get back to muscular shaved oiled men walking around in nothing but loinc-lothes? Damn, you two.

marwash22
you like the new chick they cast as Naevia?

I didn't know they were gonna replace Lesley, so i was immediately turned off when i saw the replacement chick the first time.

Mindset
When did that German guy turn gay?

marwash22
when he saw Gannicus. dustereek

but yeah, that was weird and kinda came outta nowhere.

Robtard
you like the new chick they cast as Naevia?

I didn't know they were gonna replace Lesley, so i was immediately turned off when i saw the replacement chick the first time.

I don't like her, she's not nearly as hot as the other Naevia and she's already way too ****ing whiny.

I am liking the new blonde though, me thinks she'll be making a move for Spartacus, she want's to be sucking whomever is on the top.

Galan007
I am liking the new blonde though, me thinks she'll be making a move for Spartacus, she want's to be sucking whomever is on the top. She dead. vin

And the Spartacus/Gannicus 'battle' was decent, I guess. They seemed pretty evenly matched for the most part.

Mindset
And Gannicus hasn't fought in years.

He's a boss.

Galan007
Fanboy.

marwash22
for some reason i thought Gannicus was taller than Spartacus.

Mindset
This is the first ep I actually enjoyed.

Liam still isn't a good Spartacus, but he's getting better.

marwash22
Liam needs to hit the gym and put on a little mass, he's not nearly as cut as Andy. (no homo)

Robtard
Liam needs to hit the gym and put on a little mass, he's not nearly as cut as Andy. (no homo)

His body probably looks closer to a real ancient gladiator than the others though.

marwash22
don't care, bro. He needs to be more buff, for my personal enjoyment the sake of looking more believable as a badass.

Robtard
Fair enough and I wouldn't be surprised if it's in his contract to get more bulked and lean out.

Robtard
Giant German got his ass Equilibriumed, yo.

Galan007
^ Wurd.

Spartacus certainly promoted to 'boss-level' this week.

marwash22
i liked the big German dude, he would have been a valuable asset to the team the way he was throwing people around. i also like the new Blonde chick, she's got spunk.Originally posted by Robtard
Giant German got his ass Equilibriumed, yo. thumb up

that was the first thing that came to mind. Top 5 kill nominee for certain.

Robtard
i also like the new Blonde chick, she's got spunk. thumb up

She also most likely does A2M.

marwash22
well, she's German, so yeah...

Mindset
Spartacus went beast mode.

Gannicus showed he was still a pimp.

New german chick is dtf.

thumb up

Mindset
That old man sucks at shooting arrows.

marwash22
heh, no way they were gonna kill that Egyptian dude yet after they pumped him up as being such a badass that he was put in his own inescapable pit. He especially wasn't going to be taken out by an irrelevant character.

Mindset
Still, at least take an ear off or something.

Damn...he was like 5 feet away.

Robtard
Old man wasn't horrible, he got three hits. Just happens Egyptians are immune to arrows.

marwash22
old man should have shot him the knee.

Robtard
old man should have shot him the knee.

Old people aren't as keen to memes though.

Mindset
Old man wasn't horrible, he got three hits. Just happens Egyptians are immune to arrows. Only one shot had any possibility of stopping him.

He sucks, get off his nuts, you old man lover.

Robtard
Only one shot had any possibility of stopping him.

He sucks, get off his nuts, you old man lover.

He wan an hero; he died an hero.

Galan007
Just watched a few episodes of Blood and Sand again. Andy was the perfect Spartacus. Tbh, I'd forgotten HOW good he was in that role.

Liam (the new Spartacus) doesn't even compare... And I'm not just saying that because Andy is dead.

Galan007
Good episode. Not enough nudity, though.

Mindset
Gannicus > Crixus

Looks like they are keeping it as Gannicus and Oenomaus as the top dogs.

Robtard
Looks like they are keeping it as Gannicus and Oenomaus as the top dogs.

Welcome to 2/28/2012 of Page 2, pft.

Mindset
Welcome to 2/28/2012 of Page 2, pft. The only evidence that had been shown that they were still superior just happened, you old man lover.

marwash22
Oenomaus is lost an eye...

Mindset
If he loses the other eye he will become the greatest fighter in the series.

marwash22
that Egyptian dude is gonna have a squishy souvenir at the end of the season finale, courtesy of Oenomaus. deal with it.

Mindset
Oenomaus will feed the egyptian his own heart, I agree.

marwash22
Oenomaus will feed the egyptian his own heart, I agree. http://i43.tinypic.com/2ugpges.jpg

Mindset
Oenomaus is gonna style on this mark ass *****.

http://i40.tinypic.com/or49dd.gif

marwash22
The Egyptian is gonna phuck Oenomaus' eye socket harder than Gannicus phucked his wife.

Mindset
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/Bluecoins/thswde68.gif

Robtard
The only evidence that had been shown that they were still superior just happened, you old man lover.

Only cos you didn't pay attention to 'Blood and Sand' and 'Gods of the Arena', too busy bating over the half-naked men. Not judging.

Robtard
Edit, DP.

Mindset
Only cos you didn't pay attention to 'Blood and Sand' and 'Gods of the Arena', too busy bating over the half-naked men. Not judging. Neither one of those are current continuity.

Go back to jacking off to geriatrics.

Robtard
Neither one of those are current continuity.

Go back to jacking off to geriatrics.

You mad cos you didn't pay attention to the obvious.

marwash22
you two should just phuck and be done with it.

Mindset
Marwash, dont make me have to bring brucey in here so he can school you in two threads.

marwash22
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/jollyandruwhw2wi9uj7.gif

Mindset
Hide your fear with laughter.

Galan007
Do you guys think Spartacus is skilled enough now to beat Theocles one on one?

marwash22
no.

By all accounts, Oenomaus is still above Spartacus and i doubt Oenomaus is any better now than he was when he was Champion.

Galan007
Good point.

marwash22
Awwww, they killed Mindset's boyfriend.

called it. get mad, bro.

didn't expect them to off Mira, though; that was... harsh.

Mindset
Actually, Gannicus is my boy, and he went beastmode on that mark ass *****.

Only death I cared about was Asher.

Galan007
Christ that was a brutal episode... Couldn't believe she actually killed that newborn. Too bad Oen had to die, but I think it was his time... That missing eye creeped me out.

Great finale, imo.

marwash22
the scar made him look more badass tho.

Robtard
Actually, Gannicus is my boy, and he went beastmode on that mark ass *****.

The Egyptian gaysexual punked the fvck out of Gannicus, if Oenemous didn't interfere, he would have died.

BackFire
They made that Egyption too powerful, it never felt earned. Just some random guy who was powerful for some reason. Poorly done season.

marwash22
the dude was kept at the bottom of a friggin' pit... his badassedness seemed to be at the appropriate level.

Mindset
The Egyptian gaysexual punked the fvck out of Gannicus, if Oenemous didn't interfere, he would have died. Spartacus punked the Egyptian and would have easily killed him earlier in the episode.

Anyway, all that happened to Gannicus was that he was knocked down and was already rolling away from the Egyptian's attack before Oenomaous came, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Gannicus pushed his shit in, deal with it.

Robtard
Spartacus punked the Egyptian and would have easily killed him earlier in the episode.

Anyway, all that happened to Gannicus was that he was knocked down and was already rolling away from the Egyptian's attack before Oenomaous came, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Gannicus pushed his shit in, deal with it.

Your Gaynicus fanboyism is getting in the way of your objective viewing, the Egyptian had him; Oenemous saved him.

Galan007
the dude was kept at the bottom of a friggin' pit... his badassedness seemed to be at the appropriate level. I hated that they had him use those ghey daggers almost exclusively. It dropped his badassness by 3, maybe even 4 points.

Robtard
I hated that they had him use those ghey daggers almost exclusively. It dropped his badassness by 3, maybe even 4 points.

IMO, made him more of a bad-ass, as he had to get in close to fvck people up; which he so readily did.

marwash22
IMO, made him more of a bad-ass, as he had to get in close to fvck people up; which he so readily did. thumb up

Mindset
Your Gaynicus fanboyism is getting in the way of your objective viewing, the Egyptian had him; Oenemous saved him. No, he didn't, watch it again.

You are obviously jealous of Gannicus.

Robtard
No, he didn't, watch it again.

You are obviously jealous of Gannicus.

Oenemous stepped in to save his ass; he sacrificed himself essentially to save your boy-toy.

Jealous of Gannicus? LoL. Spartacus is clearly the top-dog now in terms of skillz, he stepped it up a few notches last 2-3 shows. He does with one shorter sword what Gannicus can barely do with two longer ones.

Galan007
IMO, made him more of a bad-ass, as he had to get in close to fvck people up; which he so readily did. His skillset was certainly top-notch... But aesthetically-speaking, his twin daggers looked pretty ghey, imo:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11416311_e1.jpg

His curved sword, on the other hand, made him look like the badass he truly was.

Robtard
That's an khopesh, one of the worst designed swords in history, does look good though.

Galan007
Only talking about looks, you geek. uhuh

Robtard
Only talking about looks, you geek. uhuh

Sorry, I enjoy ancient history a lot.

But now you know and can impress your friends and all the girls with your new knowledge.

marwash22
girls get wet when you bring up ancient weaponry... Rob knows what's up.

Galan007
Sorry, I enjoy ancient history a lot.

But now you know and can impress your friends and all the girls with your new knowledge. http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/supermagz18/tumblr_lmfusjIZaN1qcbabl.gif

Mindset
Oenemous stepped in to save his ass; he sacrificed himself essentially to save your boy-toy.

Jealous of Gannicus? LoL. Spartacus is clearly the top-dog now in terms of skillz, he stepped it up a few notches last 2-3 shows. He does with one shorter sword what Gannicus can barely do with two longer ones. It's easier to maneuver with shorter swords.

It's easier to fight with one sword and a shield than two swords.

Gannicus stalemated Spartacus.

Gannicus raped the Egyptian.

You're jealous.

Robtard
It's easier to maneuver with shorter swords.

It's easier to fight with one sword and a shield than two swords.

Gannicus stalemated Spartacus.

Gannicus raped the Egyptian.

You're jealous.

Spartacus > Gannicus now, deal.

Spartacus could pwn Gannicus with one of his frequent and oddly timed monologues.

Mindset
Gannicus would beat Spartacus while blindfolded and drunk.

Galan007
Giving Gannicus wine is like giving Popeye spinach. I think that was his problem vs. the Egyptian... He was sober.

Robtard
Gannicus would beat Spartacus while blindfolded and drunk.

It's good to dream.

Mindset
Giving Gannicus wine is like giving Popeye spinach. I think that was his problem vs. the Egyptian... He was sober. Could be...Originally posted by Robtard
It's good to dream. Did you dream Gannicus didn't brutally rape the Egyptian?

Robtard
Did you dream Gannicus didn't brutally rape the Egyptian?

If by "brutally rape" you mean "had to be saved by Oenemous and then came back after to win", yes.

Mindset
Who got lhk'd then got a sword in their head?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13itmawCR1qizv3vo1_500.gif

Robtard
Who got punked and had to be saved by "daddy" before they came back to put said sword in head?

I'll give you a hint, name has eight letters and contains the letters to spell anus.

Mindset
Gannicus let One get his revenge for losing an eye.

Then he easily dispatched the Egyptian like he was swatting a fly.

marwash22
Who got lhk'd then got a sword in their head?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13itmawCR1qizv3vo1_500.gif where, where... is his penis? (no homo)

Mindset
Come on, marwash...

marwash22
oh

Mindset
He's getting his own show on AS.

marwash22
i heard the first episode sucked, but the dude who said it is a known homosex so his word is garbage.

juggernaut94
Spartacus: Vengeance... is different in the sense that it's a bit off-putting as Andy Whitfield (R.I.P.) is no longer playing Spartacus. And why did they change the actress for Naevia? sad I loved the original chick, she was amazing.

The new guy is alright, and I'd say he's actually quite good as Spartacus but when you compare the actor to someone like Andy Whitfield, new guy has some very big shoes to fill.

I've only seen the first four episodes. So far, I'm kind of liking it except for that last bit at the end of Episode 3 where I nearly had a heart attack -_-

Dr Mystery
Overall this season was a LOT weaker than the others. No Battiatus and no arena make Spartacus a dull show. Hope it gets renewed though, it deserves the chance to tell the full story. New guy is nowhere near as good as Andy, he looks like he should be on Emmerdale.

Mindset
Did One die so he could be in True Blood?

Robtard
Did One die so he could be in True Blood?

No, he died cos Gannicus embarrassed himself with the Egyptian.

Mindset
No, he died cos Gannicus embarrassed himself with the Egyptian. Nah, Gannicus raped the Egyptian.

Robtard
You should try re-watching that fight without the donkey dick slapping you in the face. Dude needed a second chance.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpt3ql_egyptian-falls_shortfilms

Mindset
No need to rewatch it.

Gannicus split his coconut.

Deal with it.

Robtard
Guess someone likes donkey dicks slapping them in the face. No worries, brozilla.

Mindset
You're wrong, accept it and move on.

It's not like it isn't a daily occurrence.

Robtard
Says the guy too scared to click the link. He was saved and needed a second chance; those the facts, deal.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/671/ganni.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/4439/ganni2.png
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2180/ganni3.jpg

Mindset
Gannicus + sword = dead egyptian + robtard tears

Robtard
Gannicus + sword = dead egyptian + robtard tears

Incorrect calculations, to achieve a dead Egytpian the math is:

Oenomaus jumps in to save a fallen Gannicus about to get slaughtered + Oenomaus wounds The Egyptian + Gannicus steps in + sword = dead Egyptian & Mindset masturbation

Mindset
Gannicus > Egyptian

Gannicus' sword > Egyptians head

He got styled on.

Robtard
Gannicus > Egyptian

Gannicus' sword > Egyptians head

He got styled on.

Incorrect

Correct

Incorrect

Robtard
Premiere of S3 was decent enough.

Lord Lucien
That orgy with Gannicus didn't show enough junk. Show instantly fails.

Robtard
Found that odd too, when before the show had no problem blatantly depicting sex.

Mindset
Are they ever gonna have this Spartacus guy workout?

no homo

Robtard
He has a bit, his arms and shoulders have some bulk and definition compared to last season.

Also oddly enough, Crixus has let himself go somewhat. Probably was like "show's been cancelled; this is the last season, **** it, I'm going to Burger King".

Mindset
laughing out loud

Gannicus did too, but he's still ripped.

What happened to that one hot chick Spartacus was banging, did she die?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>