Another Jedi mistake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Charlie512
I read somewhere that the Jedi didn't think Palpatine was Sidious because supposedly he was already in control of the galaxy and hadn't moved to kill the Jedi. Is this true? Does anyone have the source? Is it EU? Novelization? Can anyone explain this more thoroughly.

If this is true, this only makes the Jedi seem even more completely stupid, if that was even possible.

"Oh, sure yeah, it could be Palpatine who is behind it all, but he already controlls the galaxy. Nah it couldn't be him".

laughing out loud

Charlie

Jaeh
Always thought that "The Dark Side clouds everything" kinda summed up the whole bit.

Kazenji
This user reminds me of C-3POTheClever...

Charlie512
Originally posted by Jaeh
Always thought that "The Dark Side clouds everything" kinda summed up the whole bit.
How exactly does this work? So was is the dark side of the force itself that 'clouded everything'? Not some dark side power from Palpatine? Was this also the reason why the Jedi's 'ability to use the force had diminished'? And if yes, why did it only affect the mental and not the physical use of the force? The Jedi seemed to be able to use their force powers just fine.

Also what exactly does it mean by 'clouds everything'? Does that mean that the Jedi cannot use the force to find clarity in the situation? Or does it mean that the it makes the Jedi themselves lose the capability to use logic and reason?

Also, isn't that quote just a way to cover for lazy writing? I mean if anything can be explained away by "The Dark Side clouds everything", then there is no point in ever debating these topics. Regardless, though even if the dark side does cloud the judgement of the Jedi in regards to using the force why do the Jedi make this unreasonable mistakes that don't really require to force to make better choices?

@Kazenji
What do you mean?

JuicyJ
I like your thought process, but I think sometimes (and I am guilty of this too) we overthink Star Wars. "The Dark Side clouds everything" simply means there is deception everywhere. The Jedi are many, remember the council. They all must agree before proceeding; so if I think there is a great plot against the Jedi, but two disagree then they win. All the Sith have to do is create enough uncertainty to keep the Jedi from reacting. All IMO, of course.

queeq
The only thing that that concept told me: these Jdei sit around all day and can't see a whole lot that happens right under their noses? Why was it again that Lucas wanted to show us the Jedi in their prime again???

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Kazenji
This user reminds me of C-3POTheClever... Does it now?

steverules_2
Well isn't someone the popular member

JuicyJ
Originally posted by queeq
The only thing that that concept told me: these Jdei sit around all day and can't see a whole lot that happens right under their noses? Why was it again that Lucas wanted to show us the Jedi in their prime again???

IMO this wasn't the Jedi in their prime. Just Anakin and Obi Wan in their prime.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Charlie512
I read somewhere that the Jedi didn't think Palpatine was Sidious because supposedly he was already in control of the galaxy and hadn't moved to kill the Jedi. Is this true? Does anyone have the source? Is it EU? Novelization? Can anyone explain this more thoroughly.

If this is true, this only makes the Jedi seem even more completely stupid, if that was even possible.

"Oh, sure yeah, it could be Palpatine who is behind it all, but he already controlls the galaxy. Nah it couldn't be him".

laughing out loud

Charlie

Was stated in the ROTS novel. Mace Windu says that the only reason Palapatine is not a suspect is because he already controls the galaxy.

Originally posted by Jaeh

thumb up

queeq
Originally posted by JuicyJ
IMO this wasn't the Jedi in their prime. Just Anakin and Obi Wan in their prime.

That's not what Lucas said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.