Dr. Doom versus the Void

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
The Void has returned since his death during "Siege" and is about to begin laying waste to Earth. Only one force on the planet can hope to oppose him: Doom.

Scenario #1: Dr. Doom has had 72 hours worth of prep time to deal with Void. Can he stop or defeat him? After 72 hours, Void arrives in New York City and Dr. Doom is within Latveria. If not, how much prep time does Doom need to beat Void for the majority? Or is 72 hours too much time for Doom to orchestrate his defeat?

Scenario #2: Dr. Doom at his best versus the Void/Sentry/Robert Reynolds at his best.

rotiart
Scenario one doom possibly loses unless he somehow comes across a major magical artifact like the wands of wattomb or eye of agamotto,

Scenario two: victor for the victory

bbrem123
void

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bbrem123
void

Can you explain?

Enzeru
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Can you explain?

Doom already had few encounters with Sentry. In every single of them he failed to actually defend himself.
I'm pretty sure, that Doctor Doom is smart enough to try to find a way to get past Sentry's advantages, yet he was nearly always in disadvantage.
Even in a What If, written by Stan Lee Void killed Doctor Doom, including with everyone else.

While a What If does not matter much I still mentioned it, because it was Stan Lee who wrote it, who came up with the Doom character.

Doctor Doom is paranoid. He thinks that everyone is there to bust him up, so Doctor Doom is always prepared, when he leaves his castle. Hell, because of his tech and abilities he can go toe on toe with Silver Surfer and win more often then lose, yet he always had massive problems with Sentry.

I don't think Doom can actually defend him self against someone like the Void, who would basically use his powerful, raw molecule manipulation and simply attack him past the shields. I'm not even sure if Doom's shields would help him much at all, since Voidsentry already destroyed Kree-tech and the Kree have some sick gadgets.

I'm not sure if Doctor Doom would be able to find a way to steal Sentry's powers. Tech already managed to drain Sentry and revert him back to Robert Reynolds, but actually stealing it? I'm not sure.
I don't even know what to think about the weird energy drain by tech. To me personally it looked more like PIS, judging by other instances, where he was dishing out enough energy and stayed just fine for the longest time.

But if it's valid and not a plot device (and it was a plot device, to depower him and leave him useless once again on the battlefield), then yeah, Doctor Doom could come up with something like that, drain him and maybe kill Robert Reynolds, who would probably need more than 10 seconds to return.

The other way to defeat him, would to attack the Void with as much damage as possible and that amount of damage would have to be freakin' ridiculous. If he would manage to wear the Void down, so that he reverts to Robert Reynolds and if Doctor Doom would also maybe sacrifice a town or something in the process, Robert would maybe ask if he did it and then we would have the same outcome from Siege.

LordofBrooklyn
DOOM would win in scenario one because I think he would've sought some mystical means of bringing down the Void.

Scenario 2- ANNIHILATION by Void. There is nothing DOOM can do against a prime Void as he has almost a limitless array of offensive tactics at his disposal.

the ninjak
1. Doom. Time Travel + Mystic artifacts = win.

2. Sentry.

JakeTheBank
So in the opinion of those voting for Void in scenario two, Doom would lose even with his various amps he's had over the years with various levels of "omnipotence"? due to the Power Cosmic, the Beyonder's power, Marquis of Death, Vibranium, Scarlet Witch, etc?

the ninjak
So in the opinion of those voting for Void in scenario two, Doom would lose even with his various amps he's had over the years with various levels of "omnipotence"? due to the Power Cosmic, the Beyonder's power, Marquis of Death, Vibranium, Scarlet Witch, etc?

Woops my mistake I assumed fight 2 was average Doom but with no prep. Should've read the OP better.

Change my above answer to Doom wins both.

JakeTheBank
And for the record, I didn't mean Doom with all his amps combined or anything. Just whatever a poster thinks Doom at "his best" equals.

LordofBrooklyn
I think that there is an implied distinction about DOOM in option 2 not being aided by prep.

I think the best DOOM is always the one with prep. He planned meticulously to take the power cosmic from the Surfer and succeded. He studied the Beyonder and was able to do the unthinkable and conquer him as well. With the caveat of course that the Beyonder allowed it. He defeated Mephisto in his own realm to save hos mother's soul.

DOOM without prep is impressive but he gets demolished by the Void.

Parmaniac
And for the record, I didn't mean Doom with all his amps combined or anything. Just whatever a poster thinks Doom at "his best" equals. So Doom with Pre-Retcon Beyonders powers?

quanchi112
Void wins.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Parmaniac
So Doom with Pre-Retcon Beyonders powers?

Depends if you think what he did on panel qualifies as his best.

Space M ummy
Doom has *72 hours* of prep time?

Doom has Power Stealing, Time Travel, and Ovoid mind switch powers at his disposal.

I have a harder time thinking of ways he can LOSE with 3 days prep.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Doom has *72 hours* of prep time?

Doom has Power Stealing, Time Travel, and Ovoid mind switch powers at his disposal.

I have a harder time thinking of ways he can LOSE with 3 days prep.

1. Power Stealing- Void rearranges his molecules and that of the tech DOOM is using to steal his powers.

Void 1 DOOM 0

2. Time Travel- Void is somehow outside of the Time Stream to an extent that allows him to pull off most of his feats. How is DOOM going to get outside of the time stream while simultaneously affecting the Void within it?

Void 2 DOOM 0

3. Mind Switch- If DOOM enters the mind of the Void he most likely will never come out. Xavier and Frost proved that you don't want to go there.

Void 3 DOOM 0

Mindset
Originally posted by Enzeru
Doom already had few encounters with Sentry. In every single of them he failed to actually defend himself.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsAvengers09.jpg

Space M ummy
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
1. Power Stealing- Void rearranges his molecules and that of the tech DOOM is using to steal his powers.

except the power stealing isn't that easy to avoid. There's a "what if" where a doombot shows up with the power stealing gun that robs the uni-power from spider man. what if you had 15 of these guns? 100? 1000? Any doom or doombot can use it. I don't give the void good odds of taking them all on at once.

since when is the void outside of the timestream? Either way, it's irrelevant. Time manipulation would allow doom to retrieve items and powers from past points in history that no longer exist (serpent crown, cosmic cubes, the dreaming celestial, the super adaptoid) or to create chronal duplicates of himself. This is hard to get around.

the mind switch power doesn't work that way. Non psionics can use it (doom and she-hulk both have, neither are psi's) without making their own minds vulnerable. It also allows doom to switch his mind with a different body that's NOT the void- say for instance doom switches his body with the absorbing man or super adaptoid. He then has the ability to replicate ALL of the void's powers when they come in contact. What if he switches with franklin richards? that dude creates universes at will.

Far fetched? nah, you're talking about the smartest man on the planet.

Doom wins in all three scenarios here, with ease.

Stoic
In scenario 2 Doom at his best possessed the power of the Beyonder. Is this allowed or can this be considered Doom at his best?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Stoic
In scenario 2 Doom at his best possessed the power of the Beyonder. Is this allowed or can this be considered Doom at his best?

Yes.

Enzeru
Originally posted by Mindset
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsAvengers09.jpg

What exactly do you want to prove with that scan?

Doctor Doom used a "SPIRIT-REVERSAL-SPELL" and confronted the Sentry with the Void, something he doesn't like all too much. Doom had few seconds of free time, maybe something he could use to run away, but since it's ... DOOM. DOES. NOT. RUN.
... he would be there, after Sentry would snap and that would happen, what Iron Man said.

"Doom, stop it! He'll kill you! Do you hear me?".

Lord Feron
Well Doom in both.

Doom will find artifacts and tech to contain or KO maybe even erase Void/sentry.

Doom with beyonder powers would ****ing wreck Void.

Mindset
What exactly do you want to prove with that scan?

Doctor Doom used a "SPIRIT-REVERSAL-SPELL" and confronted the Sentry with the Void, something he doesn't like all too much. Doom had few seconds of free time, maybe something he could use to run away, but since it's ... DOOM. DOES. NOT. RUN.
... he would be there, after Sentry would snap and that would happen, what Iron Man said.

"Doom, stop it! He'll kill you! Do you hear me?". He had a few seconds of free time because IM convinced Doom to stop attacking Sentry. IM didn't even know what Doom was doing to Sentry, it's hilarious to think that IM knew Sentry would kill Doom because of that attack. What Doom said, "It doesn't seem that he is able to do anything.", and he was right.

He casually used a spell that incapacitated Sentry.

In your post you said he was never able to defend himself from Sentry.

What I proved is that you're wrong.

I can't think of a time where Sentry attacked Doom while Doom was either aware of his presence or wasn't busy fighting someone else.

Enzeru
He had a few seconds of free time because IM convinced Doom to stop attacking Sentry. IM didn't even know what Doom was doing to Sentry, it's hilarious to think that IM knew Sentry would kill Doom because of that attack. What Doom said, "It doesn't seem that he is able to do anything.", and he was right.

Sigh ... here we go again ...

Iron Man saw that Sentry was struggeling with something Doom was doing to him and he told Doom to stop, otherwise Sentry would have killed Doom.
Sentry is the one with the power level which can't be measured by Iron Man, Reed Richards, S.H.I.E.L.D. and so on. Not Doctor Doom.

I never said that Iron Man knew what Doctor Doom was doing there. I simply said that Doctor Doom was using a spirit-reversal-spell, which was stated on the next page. Either you don't know about that, since you simply took that scan out of nothing to prove a false point, or you know it exactly and wanted to skip it out.

Fact is: that spell did something to the unstable Sentry, who then started struggeling and fading away, the reason why Iron Man said that Sentry would kill Doom and not even know that he did it, because usually then the Void takes over and if Sentry sees the Void and is scared of him, the Void has an easy game.

He casually used a spell that incapacitated Sentry.

No, he had luck that he was using basically the only spell in his book which was capable of holding the Sentry off for few seconds.
Sentry already faced magic, especially black magic in the past and he did just fine. Doctor Strange, who is a better sorcerer than Doom also said that Sentry was always too powerful for black magic, mind cancer magic.

As I mentioned it above, Sentry was unstable when Doom attacked him with his spell, the reason why it affected Sentry in the first place. Let Doom face in a moment where Sentry is clear minded and Doom is history, like already shown in the past.

In your post you said he was never able to defend himself from Sentry.

He was not. He was never able to. Do you call it defending if you get rid of the opponent for few seconds without actually doing much to him and he then kills you afterwards? I don't call that self-defense, I call that not using the opportunity to run away.

Additionally to that I'm not even sure if he could really escape the Sentry, since the Sentry can teleport and track people by their "aura". He did it to Noah-Varr, but I guess because of Noah-Varr's tech he wasn't able to detect him later on, so chances are there that Doom could also avoid a further detection.

What I proved is that you're wrong.

No, you didn't prove anything, but listen. I think that Doctor Doom is an awesome character. In fact he is probably like my only, only, only favorite villain in the comic books.
I like bad guys, but most of them are not appealing, yet Doctor Doom is miles above them and I'm the first one who would argue for Doom in his battles, yet when it comes to the Sentry, Doom's track is far than worse.

I can't think of a time where Sentry attacked Doom while Doom was either aware of his presence or wasn't busy fighting someone else.

That's not the point.
Doom is not a uber-duber-superhuman, who can do much against it. He does not have the movement speed, nor the reaction speed to react to the Sentry, someone who kills Morgana by simply flying behind her and ripping her head off, before she can react.

Doom is a great sorcerer and he is a genius. He builds tech and he awaits from that tech to protect him, but that tech which gave him few wins over the Silver Surfer, took a blast from the Infinity Gauntlet, protected him from being thrown away by Galactus was not enough to keep the Sentry away from him ... TWICE.

Sentry broke through Doom's shields which were at 100% of their capacity, ripped apart Doom's armor and left everyone around him impressed, even Doom. He impressed Doctor Doom.

The second time he also walked yet again through Doom's shields, after Ms. Marvel told him too, since the entire Avengers were not able to help Iron Man out, who was overwhelmed by Doom who was wielding the Crimson Bands Of Cyttorak and in the end Sentry took him down once again.

In a different encounter the Void one-shotted a Doombot (and Doombots also have their awesome showings), while Sentry later on also ripped apart the Doombot and destroyed all of the flying weapon thingys from Doom.

And then we also have your scan, where Doom gets rid of the Sentry for a moment and then Iron Man yells at him and tells him to stop, if he wants to live.

In What If? 200, written by Stan Lee, the creator of Doctor Doom we see Void one-shotting Doom, in Siege we see Loki, yet another powerful sorcerer saying that he didn't know Void was that all-powerful.

No matter who was writing the stories, they all saw Sentry being superior to Doom, so yeah ... Doom does not really have a chance to take Sentry down in a random encounter. If he has prep-time he would find a way. A prep-genius always finds a way.

Doom at his peak would also take down the Sentry, since then it would be basically Sentry VS Beyonder and Sentry would lose most of his fights against reality warpers, if you ask me, since he is limited to powerful, raw molecule manipulation, while reality warping is simply a higher scale.

quanchi112
@ Enzeru

You stated he failed to defend himself in every encounter. He proved you wrong. You then tried to change the issue. You're wrong. The scan proved it.

Enzeru
Originally posted by quanchi112
@ Enzeru

You stated he failed to defend himself in every encounter. He proved you wrong. You then tried to change the issue. You're wrong. The scan proved it.

I fail to realize where the defending in that one is?
He is distracting Sentry for a moment while messing with his mind and risking to die afterwards.
That's not defending, that's playing with fire.

quanchi112
He is distracting Sentry for a moment while messing with his mind and risking to die afterwards.
That's not defending, that's playing with fire. That's called defending yourself. You said he didn't he clearly did. Iron Man defeated him one on one. The guy's mind is easy to unravel. Doom's mind isn't. Just saying you're wrong but at least you are consistent.

Enzeru
That's called defending yourself. You said he didn't he clearly did. Iron Man defeated him one on one. The guy's mind is easy to unravel. Doom's mind isn't. Just saying you're wrong but at least you are consistent.

1. Once again, that doesn't make any sense. Doctor Doom was defending himself, when he faced the Silver Surfer and took on Silver Surfer's attacks thanks to his force fields, so that Silver Surfer stated they would be equals later on.

Doctor Doom was not defending himself, when Sentry simply bullrushed through the shields and took Doom down by ripping apart Doom's armor, something that took a IG blast from your beloved Thanos.
Doctor Doom DISTRACTING Sentry with a SPIRIT-REVERSAL-SPELL is not the same thing as defending himself and having a fighting chance.

Doctor Strange was also able to distract the Sentry by showing him an illusion of the Void and then flee. In their earlier encounter Sentry resisted Strange's magic and one-punched him.

2. Iron Man never defeated him one on one, that's just you trying to use a plot device to downgrade the Sentry. Iron Man could not flee from Sentry, because he is too slow, he could not harm the Sentry, because he is too weak, he didn't have a fighting chance.

Then he had an idea and hacked CLOC, a living programm coded by Reed Richards. He also said that he knew Reed's firewalls would have been bad and then he overloaded the Sentry with tons and tons of all kind of various catastrophes which were taking place all over the world. Sentry wanted to help, but he couldn't make the decision. Who decides who can live and who has to die? He is not God. He has godlike powers, but even he has limits.

So if at all, you can give this instance as a feat for Tony in terms of having better hacking skills than Reed Richards, wohoooo what a biggie!

3. When it comes to the Sentry I'm never wrong. I know the character better than you know Thanos, but at least I'm not going to argue for Sentry when it comes to a fight with a fully fed Galactus, while you would instantly keep posting all kinds of stupid theories for Thanos.

quanchi112
1. Once again, that doesn't make any sense. Doctor Doom was defending himself, when he faced the Silver Surfer and took on Silver Surfer's attacks thanks to his force fields, so that Silver Surfer stated they would be equals later on.

Doctor Doom was not defending himself, when Sentry simply bullrushed through the shields and took Doom down by ripping apart Doom's armor, something that took a IG blast from your beloved Thanos.
Doctor Doom DISTRACTING Sentry with a SPIRIT-REVERSAL-SPELL is not the same thing as defending himself and having a fighting chance.

Doctor Strange was also able to distract the Sentry by showing him an illusion of the Void and then flee. In their earlier encounter Sentry resisted Strange's magic and one-punched him.

2. Iron Man never defeated him one on one, that's just you trying to use a plot device to downgrade the Sentry. Iron Man could not flee from Sentry, because he is too slow, he could not harm the Sentry, because he is too weak, he didn't have a fighting chance.

Then he had an idea and hacked CLOC, a living programm coded by Reed Richards. He also said that he knew Reed's firewalls would have been bad and then he overloaded the Sentry with tons and tons of all kind of various catastrophes which were taking place all over the world. Sentry wanted to help, but he couldn't make the decision. Who decides who can live and who has to die? He is not God. He has godlike powers, but even he has limits.

So if at all, you can give this instance as a feat for Tony in terms of having better hacking skills than Reed Richards, wohoooo what a biggie!

3. When it comes to the Sentry I'm never wrong. I know the character better than you know Thanos, but at least I'm not going to argue for Sentry when it comes to a fight with a fully fed Galactus, while you would instantly keep posting all kinds of stupid theories for Thanos. 1. Doom defended himself when he put his hands on Doom. You said he never defended himself. Then you tried to change the subject into he can't beat the Sentry which he never stated. He corrected your lie that Doom has never defended himself.

The rest is meaningless drivel which has nothing to do with his claim. These long winded rants show your inability to have a level headed discussion and to simply understand what it is people are saying.

2.Iron Man defeated him. Iron Man's armor can be used as a plot device just as the Sentry's powers can be used as a plot device. The point is Sentry's character has always been consistently shown to be afraid of his own powers and the repercussions as his actions because he's nuts and he knows it.

Iron Man is clearly not in the same league power wise but can still last long enough against the Sentry to capitalize on his own guilt and paranoia to render him helpless. People have talked to the Sentry as a child at times because he's that nuts.

3.You avoid the issue at all costs when it comes to the sentry. Mindset called your bluff with a scan showing you're wrong. You were wrong about pretty much every single thing I can recall and just rant about things that don't even pertain to the discussion at hand.

Enzeru
@ Quanchi

I'm not going to go with you through the entire shit once again and because of that I didn't pay all too much attention at your last post. I already realized that everything you come across challanges you mentally pretty hard.

I already made my position clear in terms of that scan and everything is perfectly understandable, so that I'm sure that the normal people on this board won't have any problems with actually understanding and accepting that.

I'm aware that these rules don't apply for you, so you can believe what you want, which was false in the past, is false now and will be false in the future.

quanchi112
@ Quanchi

I'm not going to go with you through the entire shit once again and because of that I didn't pay all too much attention at your last post. I already realized that everything you come across challanges you mentally pretty hard.

I already made my position clear in terms of that scan and everything is perfectly understandable, so that I'm sure that the normal people on this board won't have any problems with actually understanding and accepting that.

I'm aware that these rules don't apply for you, so you can believe what you want, which was false in the past, is false now and will be false in the future. You stated Doom never defended himself against the Sentry. The scan proved you lied. End of story.

Mindset
Lol at trying to argue with a scan of Doom clearly defending himself.

Sentry was writhing in pain from one casual spell from Doom.

Enzeru
Lol at trying to argue with a scan of Doom clearly defending himself.
Sentry was writhing in pain from one casual spell from Doom.

Once again, where the hell do you see Doctor Doom defending himself in that one? He was lucky that he used the needed spell to distract the Sentry for a moment. It's all about the "spirit-reversal-spell", which affects the Sentry hugely because it invades his mind and even Doctor Doom himself said it: "HE REACTED TO THAT SPIRIT REVERSAL SPELL TOO STRONGLY".

Read the full "fight" and actually think about it for a moment. Sentry was never threatened in that one, while Doom was. His life was threatened:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/755/mightyavengers10009.jpg
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9116/mightyavengers10010.jpg
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/319/mightyavengers10011012.jpg

Then you have other instances, where Sentry overpowers Doom easily:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2173/mightyavengers011thebas.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2173/mightyavengers011thebas.jpg

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/9500/mightyavengers9020.jpg
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8085/mightyavengers9021.jpg

In the third instance it was a Doombot and that Doombot got one-shotted by the Void and additionally ripped apart by the Sentry.

Mindset
When someone attacks you, and you stop them when your own attack, that is defending yourself.

I assume you are not a complete idiot, so why are you trying to post like one?

I have read the full fight, the full fight shows a pissed off Sentry attacking Doom then being mystically ***** slapped in return.

Those other instances are Sentry facing Doom while Doom is unprepared and unaware; they are also completely irrelevant to your wrong statement of Doom never being able to defend himself against Sentry.

Raptor22
That's not defending, that's playing with fire. did sentry attack him? Yes. did doom get hit or successfuly defend himself? I think its pretty obvious. Just because he probably would have got whooped after doesnt change the fact that he defended himself against sentry's attack.

DarkSaint85
Exactly. The point being debated wasn't whether the defence took the Sentry out, it was whether Doom defended himself at all.

Example:

I go and attack a small child, for reasons known only to me. The kid flails at me with its tiny fists. Is he defending himself? Yes. Is it working? No. I still take his candy.

And so it is here. Did Doom defend himself? Yes. Did it work? Well, it stopped the Sentry's initial attack, and he's in pain, so I would say yes. If Iron Man hadn't stopped Doom, then yes, it could be argued that it would have turned into a Pyrrhic victory for Doom, as he gets his face smashed in by a pissed-off Sentry - but for the purposes of 'fending' off the initial attack (or 'defending' as its known in certain circles) it worked.

Enzeru
When someone attacks you, and you stop them when your own attack, that is defending yourself.

I assume you are not a complete idiot, so why are you trying to post like one?

I have read the full fight, the full fight shows a pissed off Sentry attacking Doom then being mystically ***** slapped in return.

Those other instances are Sentry facing Doom while Doom is unprepared and unaware; they are also completely irrelevant to your wrong statement of Doom never being able to defend himself against Sentry.

1. My statement still applies. If I give a stronger guy a solar plexus and take him out for few seconds, it doesn't mean that I actually defended myself. I would personally say that I made it even worse, since I pissed him off and after he recovers, he is going to beat the crap out of me.

2. He is pissed off, but he has no further intentions. If he wanted to, he could have ripped Doom's head off, just the way he did it to Morgana, while she wasn't even able to react. And I don't see Doom's armor protecting Doom all too much.

3. Other instances show Sentry slowly walking towards Doom, where Doom sees his force fields failing him, then he gets grabbed by Sentry and his armor gets torn apart. In the other instance Sentry flies towards thim, breaks the force fields once again, Doom tells him to: "Be gone!", looks at him, turns around at him, wields the Crimson Bands Of Cyttorak and he stills fails to slow the Sentry down, so yeah ... in both instances you see Doom getting overwhelmed without having any real chance to defend himself.

And now you really, really, really want to believe that he defends himself with a casual spell? As I already said it multiple times. It's all about the spirit-reversal and even Doom says that Sentry is reacting way too strongly to that one.

You know what? Have your belief :-X Doom is indeed defending himself, but it doesn't change the fact, that he is freakin' chanceless.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Exactly. The point being debated wasn't whether the defence took the Sentry out, it was whether Doom defended himself at all.

Example:

I go and attack a small child, for reasons known only to me. The kid flails at me with its tiny fists. Is he defending himself? Yes. Is it working? No. I still take his candy.

And so it is here. Did Doom defend himself? Yes. Did it work? Well, it stopped the Sentry's initial attack, and he's in pain, so I would say yes. If Iron Man hadn't stopped Doom, then yes, it could be argued that it would have turned into a Pyrrhic victory for Doom, as he gets his face smashed in by a pissed-off Sentry - but for the purposes of 'fending' off the initial attack (or 'defending' as its known in certain circles) it worked. Exactly. Enzeru is dead wrong and knows it. This changing the subject may have worked else where but not on kmc.

Enzeru
Exactly. Enzeru is dead wrong and knows it. This changing the subject may have worked else where but not on kmc.

I'm looking at you once again: Idiots don't feel stupid, but they are.

quanchi112
I'm looking at you once again: Idiots don't feel stupid, but they are. You said Doom never once defended himself. He clearly did. You are clearly wrong. Everyone clearly knows it. You're clearly hurt.

Enzeru
You said Doom never once defended himself. He clearly did. You are clearly wrong. Everyone clearly knows it. You're clearly hurt.

Nope, nope, nope. Everyone who reads through my posts and looks at the scans will know what was going on, while you're way too braindead to actually understand that.

Sentry grabbed Doom and flew with him up in the air. He had all the time in the world to rip his head off, just the way he did it to Morgana during the Dark Avengers, yet he was only threatening Doom.

Doom managed to get rid of him for few seconds with a spell, to which the Sentry reacted too strongly, that were Doom's words. Doom accidentally used the right spell which was effective on Sentry during that time, because of his mental fragility.

So at first you have the Sentry giving Doom enough time to actually cast a spell, while in the past he was not really able to do much against the Sentry, and additionally to that Sentry has a record of speedblitzing enemies, without giving him the chance to react and you have all the other occasions where Sentry bullrushed Doom into oblivion and didn't leave him a fighting chance.

And in the end ... that scan still doesn't prove anything and Doom would not be able to defend himself if Sentry was out for a fast takedown, like he already was in the past and managed to do it.

These are facts, everything ... EVERYTHING is there on panel, everything is perfectly understandable for everyone who has an IQ over 80, yet it's still way to complicated for you.

Quanchi, do me a favor and shut your freakin' mouth, you joke of a human being.

quanchi112
Nope, nope, nope. Everyone who reads through my posts and looks at the scans will know what was going on, while you're way too braindead to actually understand that.

Sentry grabbed Doom and flew with him up in the air. He had all the time in the world to rip his head off, just the way he did it to Morgana during the Dark Avengers, yet he was only threatening Doom.

Doom managed to get rid of him for few seconds with a spell, to which the Sentry reacted too strongly, that were Doom's words. Doom accidentally used the right spell which was effective on Sentry during that time, because of his mental fragility.

So at first you have the Sentry giving Doom enough time to actually cast a spell, while in the past he was not really able to do much against the Sentry, and additionally to that Sentry has a record of speedblitzing enemies, without giving him the chance to react and you have all the other occasions where Sentry bullrushed Doom into oblivion and didn't leave him a fighting chance.

And in the end ... that scan still doesn't prove anything and Doom would not be able to defend himself if Sentry was out for a fast takedown, like he already was in the past and managed to do it.

These are facts, everything ... EVERYTHING is there on panel, everything is perfectly understandable for everyone who has an IQ over 80, yet it's still way to complicated for you.

Quanchi, do me a favor and shut your freakin' mouth, you joke of a human being. Ok, I will make this short, sweet, and to the point unlike your posts.

The issue isn't whether or not Sentry can rip Doom's head off. The issue isn't whether or not Sentry has the power to defeat Doom. The issue is whether or not Doom defended himself. Doom CLEARLY DID.

Enzeru
There is a difference between defending and pushing the inevitable.

quanchi112
There is a difference between defending and pushing the inevitable. You said he didn't defend himself he did. You were wrong. You then tried changing the issue.

Enzeru
You said he didn't defend himself he did. You were wrong. You then tried changing the issue.

Be quiet, failbob, no one likes you. Go and argue for Thanos in the Thanos VS pre retcon Beyonder thread.

quanchi112
Be quiet, failbob, no one likes you. Go and argue for Thanos in the Thanos VS pre retcon Beyonder thread. That isn't a retort.

guy222
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282746_02.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282766_03.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282767_04.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282768_06.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282769_09.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282771_11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/10282772_12.jpg

guy222
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282784_14.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282785_16.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282786_17.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282831_18.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282869_19.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/10282899_20.jpg

Don't think Void stands up to Doom

Mindset
So we all agree Enzeru is wrong on all accounts, good.

Sr J-Bieb
Doom with 72 hours of Prep, and Wanda's powers?
Doom obviously loses scenario 1.

Doom with full power Galactus' powers and Post Retcon Beyonder's powers (unless you think Wanda's powers are more than that, meh)
Doom loses that too, amirite

Nihilist
So we all agree Enzeru is wrong on all accounts, good. thumb up

Raptor22
So we all agree Enzeru is wrong on all accounts, good. yup. his views here r even more rearted than his views in the sentry-gladiator thread concerning sentry and wwh, and that shit was unbelievable.

Raptor22

Quanchi, do me a favor and shut your freakin' mouth, you joke of a human being.

Raptor22
this 1 was especially funny since nobody agreed with him and everyone agreed with quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raptor22
this 1 was especially funny since nobody agreed with him and everyone agreed with quan. thumb up

Sr J-Bieb
You know somethings off when the whole forum agrees with Quan over someone else...

Enzeru
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You know somethings off when the whole forum agrees with Quan over someone else...

That shows us clearly what this forum is about, aight :-7
No wonder that the comic book section in the KMC forums is a joke and that other boards have far, far more users, who also seem to be far, far more intelligent.

KMC has basically like ... a hand full of fairly good posters with TheLordOfMurder and h1a8 or whatever his name exactly is - being two of them and the trash posters on this site are trying to trash them and make them look stupid. Oh, the irony...

I know that people are stupid, but most of the people here are taking it on a whole another level.

abhilegend
No wonder that the comic book section in the KMC forums is a joke and that other boards have far, far more users, who also seem to be far, far more intelligent.

KMC has basically like ... a hand full of fairly good posters with TheLordOfMurder and h1a8 or whatever his name exactly is - being two of them and the trash posters on this site are trying to trash them and make them look stupid. Oh, the irony...

I know that people are stupid, but most of the people here are taking it on a whole another level.
h1a8 is a good poster, Ok.

JakeTheBank

So because a majority of people agree with Quan on something - which is...unsettling somewhat sneer - the majority of the board here is stupid?

As far as I know, the argument seems to be based around whether or not Doom defended himself against Sentry, which, according to the scans, he did. Whether or not Sentry would have gotten the better of him (which he did later in the story) isn't the issue, but rather or not Doom had the means to do anything to defend himself, which, via his magic, he did.

Now do you disagree or agree with that?

I won't comment on "h1a8 being a good poster".

DarkSaint85

I won't comment on "h1a8 being a good poster".

I will. His attempts at using maths, whilst laudable, are shit.

Nihilist
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I will. His attempts at using maths, whilst laudable, is shit. laughing out loud thumb up

iceman24567
This Enzeru guy is a moron no expression

Parmaniac
Out of all posters you picked a Thanos hater and math fanatic?

Also I saw you talking to a troll admitting that you don't read comics you've read comics for 13 years mostly because of Sentry and you said you would probably only start reading comics again if Sentry returns.

PLease explain to me, how can you discuss characters you don't read?

Sr J-Bieb
KMC has basically like ... a hand full of fairly good posters with TheLordOfMurder and h1a8 or whatever his name exactly is - being two of them and the trash posters on this site are trying to trash them and make them look stupid. Oh, the irony... haha what

Looks like we have a new winner on the forums. Actually, I saw a thread yesterday where you and a Superman fan were talking about you getting laughed off basically every forum... of course it's the forums fault everyone thinks your... lacking. thumb up

cdtm
The Void has returned since his death during "Siege" and is about to begin laying waste to Earth. Only one force on the planet can hope to oppose him: Doom.

Scenario #1: Dr. Doom has had 72 hours worth of prep time to deal with Void. Can he stop or defeat him? After 72 hours, Void arrives in New York City and Dr. Doom is within Latveria. If not, how much prep time does Doom need to beat Void for the majority? Or is 72 hours too much time for Doom to orchestrate his defeat?

Scenario #2: Dr. Doom at his best versus the Void/Sentry/Robert Reynolds at his best.

With prep:

Dr. Doom sends a message back in time to when he had Beyonders power, and tells him to nuke Sentry.

Than has him take out pre Sentry Robert, just to be on the safe side. big grin

quanchi112

I know that people are stupid, but most of the people here are taking it on a whole another level. Blasphemy.

TheHulk
I just realized this is what made Enzeru left eek! cause I thought he just forgot about the Forums but no reading his post history,it was because of this thread,He abandon it laughing out loud

yaadaveyaa
does doom just auto get these artifacts? i dont get it i dont think 72 hours is enough i just dont think there is anything he can do 1 on 1 to beat void hes just to strong but thats just me if hes just got auto access to these ancient artifacts then he cna take a majority with 72 hrs prep

Tony Stark
Dirty Bob every time

DTM
If by Doom at his best, in scenario 2, you mean Doom with the powers of PR Beyonder, then clearly he eats the void for breakfast. If its meant just normal Doom all set and ready for battle, then he in turn gets eaten alive by the Void.

Stoic
Originally posted by DTM
If by Doom at his best, in scenario 2, you mean Doom with the powers of PR Beyonder, then clearly he eats the void for breakfast. If its meant just normal Doom all set and ready for battle, then he in turn gets eaten alive by the Void.

It was decided back on pg 1 that Doom at his best is the Beyonder powered Doom, so it's a no brainier that he wins that one. Actually with prep he may win as well.

Mindset
Lol at reading Enzeru's posts again.

psycho gundam
lol

JakeTheBank
I forgot the guy left in large part due to threads like this. laughing out loud

Horrificus
That's not defending, that's playing with fire. You are actually making a case for Doom here.

First of all, Doom takes a surprise punch from a seemingly BONKERS Sentry, with absolutely no ill effects and no desire to escape.

Next, he strikes, obviously, with an attack that he KNEW would effect the Sentry.

Then, he still does not leave. He knows who he is confronting, he has shown he is not frightened and he stands, ready. Knowing the Doom character, this means that he still has more "presents" for Sentry.

Doom does not "Play with fire." He rarely risks his life unless he feels he is in control of the situation. This entire situation depicts a Doom that feels he is in control.

Horrificus
Well, it would seem that he is not around. Hmm.
He must have sensed that, eventually, I would show up in this thread and put an end to his madness.

Yup. He is just lucky that you guys got to him before I did!
Well... I gotta go.

TheHulk
^Horrificus 2nd post was actually,secretly telling us,he was a fool LOLOLOL!

Lol good job at rebuttaling to noboby,Horrficus big grin

curryman
Well that escalated quickly.

Doom takes 1 with no problem.

I'm going to assume that the second scenario is Doom at the top of his natural ability at which point it's a good fight, but one the Void wins every time.

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
You are actually making a case for Doom here.

First of all, Doom takes a surprise punch from a seemingly BONKERS Sentry, with absolutely no ill effects and no desire to escape.

Next, he strikes, obviously, with an attack that he KNEW would effect the Sentry.

Then, he still does not leave. He knows who he is confronting, he has shown he is not frightened and he stands, ready. Knowing the Doom character, this means that he still has more "presents" for Sentry.

Doom does not "Play with fire." He rarely risks his life unless he feels he is in control of the situation. This entire situation depicts a Doom that feels he is in control.

I'm trying to figure out how Doom felt like he was in control when his shields were penetrated as easily as they were when Bob ripped into him? Unless I'm referring to the wrong instance.

Mindset
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm trying to figure out how Doom felt like he was in control when his shields were penetrated as easily as they were when Bob ripped into him? Unless I'm referring to the wrong instance. The scene honestly didn't make any sense, but it's Sentry, so whatever.

And yes, you are talking about the wrong instance.

Horrificus
Originally posted by TheHulk
^Horrificus 2nd post was actually,secretly telling us,he was a fool LOLOLOL!

Lol good job at rebuttaling to noboby,Horrficus big grin Yes. And thank you just so much for pointing that out. miffed

Sin I AM
The scene honestly didn't make any sense, but it's Sentry, so whatever.

And yes, you are talking about the wrong instance.

i always thought it was a doombot

TheHulk
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yes. And thank you just so much for pointing that out. miffed Your welcome buddy smile remember,anytime big grin

1. 72 hours isn't enough IMO. Void wins.

2. obvisouly beyonder would win, but if we look at doom's best without leeching onto the power of external entities, Void stomps.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.