Constantine 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
http://www.firstshowing.net/2006/constantine-2-confirmed-coming-soon/

This is news to me. I'm pretty psyched. I actually rather like the first film. I don't really understand why they say they're going for an R rating this time, though, cuz the first was rated R. I guess they mean it's not going to hold back at all this time..? I think maybe they did aim for a PG-13 rating initially. And it's kind of weird, cuz I thought I remembered Keanu Reeves saying something to the effect of there not being enough interest in it to bother making a sequel. Cuz it wasn't a very big domestic success. *shrug* I hope it's directed well, though, cuz I think Francis Lawrence is a pretty talented director; he gave it a pretty slick feel.

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

Hells yeah, more demons 'n shit.. vampire angel

big grin

marwash22
this is good news. The first movie is one of my favorite comics movies.

Patient_Leech
Same here. While I wouldn't say it's perfect, it definitely kicks a lot of ass. The scenes in hell and the the demons were cool as shit. And Peter Stormare as Lucifer was nicely done.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

I'm sure there will be lots of people here who will hate on Keanu for playing this part, but I thought he did well. Stupid stuff like him not being blonde just doesn't seem all that vital to me. I think he played the character quite well.

big grin

It wasn't so much that Keanu wasn't blonde but the simple fact that they had to Americanise the whole story.

I got fed up reading about how the director & Keanu were both fans of the comics & how much they wanted to be accurate to both the character of Constantine & the "world he lived in".

And it's so typical of Hollywood that a "hard ass" dude always needs a side-kick for comedic relief.

Patient_Leech
Fair enough. I like British accents a lot, so I would certainly prefer that as well. stick out tongue

And about them wanting to be true to the character: I can see that being annoying, but I think their point was just that the superficial stuff like what color his hair is and what color jacket he wears isn't as important as what the character is like.

Esau Cairn
Keanu playing Constantine is just as bad as Billy Zane playing The Phantom or Stallone as Judge Dredd.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Keanu playing Constantine is just as bad as Billy Zane playing The Phantom or Stallone as Judge Dredd.

Or Topher Grace as Venom? yucky taz

jinXed by JaNx
Constantine was a highly underrated movie in my opinion. This is great news for me. Hope to see Reeves back as Hellblazer soon

srankmissingnin
The article in the op is from 2006, I wouldn't put too much faith in their being a sequel in production.

Robtard
In a 2008-9 interview Reeves said there would be no sequel. Haven't heard since.

Nephthys
If they do make a sequal hopefully they get back the guy who played Lucifer. That guy was hardcore. Best scene of the movie.

marwash22
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!

Didn't bother clicking the link... that's what i get for trusting people to be accurate with their posts. Thanks for getting my hopes up, a-hole.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nephthys
If they do make a sequal hopefully they get back the guy who played Lucifer. That guy was hardcore. Best scene of the movie.

Lucifer is also a Nihilist; he cares about nothing.

http://www.kilala.nl/Images/Blog/Nihilists.jpg

BruceSkywalker
first film was utter garbage.. there won't be a sequel methinks

Patient_Leech
Well, my bad, then. IMDB has a page for it, so my bad. I guess I was seeing what I wanted to see, cuz I got excited, too.

the ninjak
Me and my friends loved the first film. A good romp. I've gotten pretty used to the American's utter hatred of any culture besides theirs. So looking past Keanu's representation didn't bother me at all. I'm surprised he hasn't already made more sequels or even better a HBOlike TV series.

But Keanus an idiot and doesn't know what he has in front of him. Shame.
Another comic franchise down the drain. Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

marwash22
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
first film was utter garbage.. kill yourself. sneer

quanchi112
I liked the first. But I see there isn't any news of sequel oh well. Thanks for getting my hopes up you sadist.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed.

Last year some time Reeves and whateverhisname were having dinner at one of our hotels talking about whether they should make a third film.
Two goth girls walked up to them end said. "Look. It's Bill and Ted cept old" they started laughing and walked away and the duo looked at each and nodded in affirmation.
When questioned shortly after they said it wasn't a good idea.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
kill yourself. sneer

i cannot do that.. lol

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the ninjak
But Keanus an idiot and doesn't know what he has in front of him. Shame.
Another comic franchise down the drain. Thank God a couple of goth girls in Sydney persuaded him to not make a Bill and Ted sequel....that would've been tragic. He'll keep making romantic comedies and screwing old ladies until he retires in Hawaii surrounded in a plethora of grannies and meds.

It's on the studio to get the sequel in production, not Reeves. They are still making a Bill and Ted 3 (it apparently has a script in place already). Has Reeves even done a romantic comedy? Old ladies? I'm pretty sure he is into dudes... or at least bi. Apparently he was banging dudes in Toronto and hanging out at gay bath houses after River Phoenix died.

quanchi112
When was that??

because back in April last year a third installment was confirmed. A third movie is such a terrible idea considering how old they are now.

the ninjak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's on the studio to get the sequel in production, not Reeves. They are still making a Bill and Ted 3 (it apparently has a script in place already). Has Reeves even done a romantic comedy? Old ladies? I'm pretty sure he is into dudes... or at least bi. Apparently he was banging dudes in Toronto and hanging out at gay bath houses after River Phoenix died.

Then Keanu's a whore. He was in that movie with Sandra Bullock something about letters. If he's bi that's Ok. But he was screwing Diane Keaton for a while. That's weird. I bet he has real abandonment issues due to his wife and his boyfriend River dying. That's why he's into the moms.

roughrider

This is news to me. I'm pretty psyched. I actually rather like the first film. I don't really understand why they say they're going for an R rating this time, though, cuz the first was rated R. I guess they mean it's not going to hold back at all this time..? I think maybe they did aim for a PG-13 rating initially. And it's kind of weird, cuz I thought I remembered Keanu Reeves saying something to the effect of there not being enough interest in it to bother making a sequel. Cuz it wasn't a very big domestic success. *shrug* I hope it's directed well, though, cuz I think Francis Lawrence is a pretty talented director; he gave it a pretty slick feel.

big grin

You got psyched over an article that's six years old?doh

Patient_Leech
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... ugh3

I didn't know a sequel was EVER considered, so I assumed it was new. I never look at dates! embarrasment

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
You got psyched over an article that's six years old?doh

I found something on wikipedia which was from 2011

Potential sequel

Patient_Leech
I found something on wikipedia which was from 2011

Potential sequel

Yeah, in my research for this I saw the video in which he said that (can't remember where it was, though, and I'm at a different comp now). That's pretty sweet if it's got kind of a cult following.. so it ain't too unlikely.

Kazenji
Hope they do go the hard R way.

roughrider
On the plus side, Keanu gotten old enough they can dump him from the role, and reboot this with someone who's actually Blonde and British.

the ninjak
You know if the script is right a Bill and Ted sequel can work considering at the end of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey they were older versions in the past. They met all the greatest people in time and learnt what they could and became rock messiahs.

If the film focuses on this you could have a cool movie but you need a good director, script writer and soundtrack.

rudester

big grin

it was an alright fine by my standards, entertaining; I think they could have used a better actress for the role of Rachel Weisz, she was to off for the role. Maybe a fresh face? what do you think? Its not that her acting is bad, its that she wasnt right for the role.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by rudester
I think they could have used a better actress for the role of Rachel Weisz, she was to off for the role. Maybe a fresh face? what do you think? Its not that her acting is bad, its that she wasnt right for the role.

A fresh face is never a bad idea. But I thought she was good in the role. I didn't have a problem with her. She's attractive, but not overly so.. ya know? But she's got kind of a sincerity about her.. trustworthy. I like her. She's also really good in The Fountain, one of my favorite movies.

rudester
A fresh face is never a bad idea. But I thought she was good in the role. I didn't have a problem with her. She's attractive, but not overly so.. ya know? But she's got kind of a sincerity about her.. trustworthy. I like her. She's also really good in The Fountain, one of my favorite movies.

Never seen it but will check it out.

Patient_Leech
All the old threads for Constantine are locked. So resurrecting this one...

(Hell, I don't even remember there being much hope of a sequel...)

15 YEARS LATER, WE OWE CONSTANTINE AN APOLOGY

Impediment
John wasn't even British, FFS.

Peter did great as Lucifer.

Overall, the movie was just "Meh".

Sooooo much more source material could have been used than Christian mythology.

SquallX
Originally posted by Impediment

Peter did great as Lucifer.

Overall, the movie was just "Meh".

Sooooo much more source material could have been used than Christian mythology.

But Constantine in the comics is heavy in Christianity though?

Patient_Leech

Superficial. Who cares.

Impediment

Impediment
Superficial. Who cares.

Die hard fans of the comic book?

Would you be mad if Captain America had a British accent?

Respect the source material, I say.

Surtur
I always enjoyed the movie.

Felt the tv show shouldn't have been cancelled either.

riv6672

Surtur

riv6672

Putinbot1
The TV show was like Harry Dresden, well cast, they even used some of the old stories in it. It worked better than Dresden to be honest. The mage in a trench coat is an excellent trope. Tbh, of all demon fighters from comic and film, Shandor is the one I would most like to see return.

Patient_Leech
I hope this is true. Peter Stormare says it's happening...

https://screenrant.com/constantine-2-development-keanu-reeves-peter-stormare/

riv6672
^^^it would be nice.

jaden_2.0
Peter Stormare did the best portrayal of the devil in any movie. Hope he gets a bigger role in a sequel.

riv6672

jaden_2.0
Maybe. He just exuded a ridiculous level of power. Would be great to see it unleashed.

riv6672

roughrider
I hope this is true. Peter Stormare says it's happening...

https://screenrant.com/constantine-2-development-keanu-reeves-peter-stormare/

An Americanized version of John Constantine played by Keanu Reeves is something I will never watch.

Kazenji
Regardless of Keanu not looking like how Constantine does in the comics, He still played the role good.

Surtur
True

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by roughrider
An Americanized version of John Constantine played by Keanu Reeves is something I will never watch.

First one's awesome. One of the most underrated comic book movies.

Patient_Leech
Regardless of Keanu not looking like how Constantine does in the comics, He still played the role .

Fixed. And I agree. I'll never understand why people complain about superficial differences when the film as a whole is pretty good.

Kazenji
People are still butthurt over the first movie with him not being a blond hairted British.

Patient_Leech
Pretty psyched that this is happening.

Impediment
People are still butthurt over the first movie with him not being a blond hairted British.

As he should be.

Kazenji
As he should be.

Regardless of the ****en change, Keanu still did a good job of it.

Jaden_3.0
Well he's better than the Constantine in Lucifer.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Well he's better than the Constantine in Lucifer.

Matt Ryan?....he's a good Constantine.

Arachnid1
Matt Ryan?....he's a good Constantine. I really hope he isn't talking about Matt Ryan. Dude was the best live action iteration of Constantine we've had. He was wasted on the CW shows. One of the few characters really nail the character like the dude who played Deathstroke in Arrow.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I really hope he isn't talking about Matt Ryan. Dude was the best live action iteration of Constantine we've had. He was wasted on the CW shows. One of the few characters really nail the character like the dude who played Deathstroke in Arrow.

I've seen Ryan is still getting Constantine work but more for animation these days.

Jaden_3.0
He was shite. You people are idiots.

Jaden_3.0
https://youtu.be/FbiRAcbCiGE

Him. Whoever he is. Absolute shite.

riv6672
^^^How can anyone watch that scene and not like Matt Ryan? laughing

Jaden_3.0

riv6672

Jaden_3.0
We've discussed this in multiple threads. Here's an example.

Originally posted by riv6672
Hell yeah it does. Love me some Cheetah!

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Cheetah looks like something straight out of the shitty Cats movie. You people are all dumb idiots. This looks terrible.

Allow me to emphasise.

riv6672

Jaden_3.0
Empathize aye?

riv6672
Aye! laughing

Patient_Leech
https://youtu.be/FbiRAcbCiGE

Him. Whoever he is. Absolute shite.

Everything about that was bad.

Kazenji
He was shite. You people are idiots.

Must be fun being in a minority

and your judging him from a cameo on a show, Go check out his short lived show.

riv6672

Patient_Leech

Jaden_3.0
Must be fun being in a minority

and your judging him from a cameo on a show, Go check out his short lived show.

Can't help it if I'm right.

Not surprised it was "short lived".

Patient_Leech
I suspect the budget for this will drop some.

The first was not super profitable with the $100 million budget...

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt0360486/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

I'm assuming it's just revived for the Keanu Kraze.

riv6672

Robtard
I suspect the budget for this will drop some.

The first was not super profitable with the $100 million budget...

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt0360486/?ref_=bo_se_r_1

I'm assuming it's just revived for the Keanu Kraze.

That and the greater superhero flick craze. Constantine came out in 2005. Ironman (2008) really set a fire under the genre.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
That and the greater superhero flick craze. Constantine came out in 2005. Ironman (2008) really set a fire under the genre.

Right, but R-rated and much more obscure than your typical Marvel characters doesn't exactly light the hell-fire at the box office.

But then again, John Wick goes the R-rated route, so hopefully they can make this successful, too.

The Wick movies have steadily increased in budget, but they still haven't reach $100 million...

John Wick - $20 million
John Wick 2 - $40 million
John Wick 3 - $75 million
John Wick 4 - $90 million

Jaden_3.0
Right, but R-rated and much more obscure than your typical Marvel characters doesn't exactly light the hell-fire at the box office.

https://media.tenor.com/sJUk7LmDwQ4AAAAC/blade-movies.gif

riv6672
^^^ laughing thumb up

Patient_Leech
Blade was half the budget at $45 mil.

And only made $131 mil worldwide.

Robtard

But then again, John Wick goes the R-rated route, so hopefully they can make this successful, too.

The Wick movies have steadily increased in budget, but they still haven't reach $100 million...

John Wick - $20 million
John Wick 2 - $40 million
John Wick 3 - $75 million
John Wick 4 - $90 million

Generally speaking you're correct, Deadpool being an exception. I suspect Constantine 2 will do even better due to Reeves' growing popularity and great PR surrounding him, and the superhero craze.

Patient_Leech
Generally speaking you're correct, Deadpool being an exception. I suspect Constantine 2 will do even better due to Reeves' growing popularity and great PR surrounding him, and the superhero craze.

I certainly hope so. I'm glad Francis Lawrence is returning to direct. He's underrated. I Am Legend is great, aside from the CGI tech not quite being ready for that level (or probably rushed post-production or both).

I didn't realize he did Slumberland on Netflix. May have to watch that with the kids maybe...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13320662/?ref_=nm_flmg_t_2_dr

Patient_Leech
Hm.. so I'm confused... this happening or not?

https://thedirect.com/article/constantine-2-keanu-reeves-cancelled-warner-bros

Robtard
Cos of the $$$, they want to stick to what makes money, so we're going to get Batman after Batman.

Patient_Leech
Fu#k. Batman is so boring.

Keanu makes money, too, though.

It's not much risk if they just cut the budget in half. I think It would improve the movie anyway.

Robtard
Batman and Spider-man are my two favorite comic characters, but I'm more than happy to have just one live-action Batman timeline going. We don't need younger Batman, plus older Batman with his catamite Robin, plus whatever.

OR fine if they do it, just don't cut lesser known great franchises because of it.

rudester
I love Keanu.

riv6672

^^^ sad

rudester
Who playing the devil? Gabriel Byrne would be good.

Kazenji

Its a load of crap.. it is still happening

there's a new article debunking it.

riv6672
Its a load of crap.. it is still happening

there's a new article debunking it.
^^^ eek!

Robtard
Peter Stormare is still alive, be a real shame if he's not cast as Lucifer again.

Patient_Leech
I hope you are right, Kaz.

If it was canceled it seems like we would be hearing more about it from other outlets.

And it also seems the post wouldn't have been deleted.

Patient_Leech
Peter Stormare is still alive, be a real shame if he's not cast as Lucifer again.

F#ck yeah. thumb up

Robtard
I hope you are right, Kaz.

If it was canceled it seems like we would be hearing more about it from other outlets.

And it also seems the post wouldn't have been deleted.

If it's cancelled, I'm going to blame you and wish for someone to kick you in your balls.

Patient_Leech
If it's cancelled, I'm going to blame you and wish for someone to kick you in your balls.

Bring it. For I am ready...

https://media.tenor.com/dbRcA_9_FyMAAAAC/iron-crotch-kick.gif

riv6672
^^^My favorite Lucifer. Ever. big grin

Patient_Leech
Yeah, until I hear a more official announcement I'm going to assume this is still alive and well...

riv6672
Yeah, until I hear a more official announcement I'm going to assume this is still alive and well...

^^^I'm on Team_Leech.

rudester
^^^My favorite Lucifer. Ever. big grin

This might sound gay, but damn he's fine! laughing

Patient_Leech
This might sound gay, but damn he's fine! laughing

Well, yeah. Lucifer needs to be hot, or else what's the point of being Lucifer?

riv6672
Well, yeah. Lucifer needs to be hot, or else what's the point of being Lucifer?

https://media.tenor.com/GOy-930zQKgAAAAM/devil-licks.gif

Patient_Leech
This is still happening as soon as the writers strike is over.

And it's apparently standalone, separate from the DCU.

https://screenrant.com/constantine-2-update-keanu-reeves-script/

Old Man Whirly!
We need Constantine as a period piece set in late eighties Croydon and around south london. It would be epic!

Robtard
^Croydon he says, pfft!

Patient_Leech
Whirly probably just wants a setting in his homeland from back in the day for nostalgic purposes.. lol

rudester
Keanu Reeves is expected to star in 'Constantine 2.' Here's everything we know so far about the sequel.

Eammon Jacobs
Tue, September 12, 2023 at 11:15 a.m. EDT

Here are the 44 movies and film dates Disney has set for the next five yearsScroll back up to restore default view.
Keanu Reeves as John Constantine in "Constantine."
Keanu Reeves as John Constantine in "Constantine."Warner Bros. Pictures
Fans have been asking for a sequel to "Constantine" for years.

The horror film stars Keanu Reeves as demonologist and exorcist, John Constantine.

Producer Akiva Goldsman confirmed that he's working on "Constantine 2" with Keanu Reeves.

2005 was a completely different era for superhero movies.

Scroll to continue with contentAd
Elevate your space
It was the year Christian Bale first donned the Batsuit in director Christopher Nolan's "Batman Begins," and the Marvel Cinematic Universe was still years away from dominating the box office.

2005 also gave DC fans an adventure that was surprisingly overlooked at the time, but has since become something of a cult classic: "Constantine."

The film stars Keanu Reeves as demonologist and exorcist John Constantine in an adaptation of DC's "Hellblazer" comics. It was directed by "Hunger Games" filmmaker Francis Lawrence, and produced by Akiva Goldsman.

The story revolves around Constantine as he tries to figure out why detective Angela Dodson's (Rachel Weisz) twin sister died by suicide, and how her death is connected to the growing war between heaven and hell.

"Constantine" is more of a horror movie than a stereotypical superhero adventure with its creepy demons and occasionally gory visuals. But, then, the comics it's based on are equally dark and twisted.

"Constantine" made a healthy $230 million at the box office, but a long-mooted sequel has yet to hit theaters.

Earlier this year, Goldsman gave an update on the project, and it seems like audiences might finally see Reeves take up the fight against hell once more in "Constantine 2."

Akiva Goldsman said 'Constantine 2' is going ahead and he's already figured out the story

Keanu Reeves as John Constantine in "Constantine."Warner Bros. Pictures
Back in February, Warner Bros. and Akiva Goldsman confirmed that they're working together on "Constantine 2" as well as "I Am Legend 2."

In an interview with Deadline, the producer praised Reeves, who has been interested in revisiting the character since 2005.

"This is a credit to Keanu, who endlessly has said, 'This is the character I want to return to.' Finally, he said it enough times that it stuck," Goldsman said.

"The character is very much Keanu and the way he and Francis saw the world of good and evil, and the wonderful and authentic noir where there is a world behind the world of good and evil coexist with our world right up close," Goldsman continued.

He added: "Beyond that, we are still discovering it as I am writing the script."

Although writers and actors are currently on strike in Hollywood, Goldsman told The Playlist in July that the team behind "Constantine 2" has already figured out the story.

"My pens are down, so there's nothing to do. But, yeah, those are the next things I'm writing when I'm allowed to write again," said Goldsman.

Goldsman said he had started writing "I Am Legend 2" before the strike, but added: "Francis, Keanu, and I have broken 'Constantine 2.' I just haven't started typing yet."

In March, Keanu Reeves said he didn't know if 'Constantine 2' will actually happen
Keanu Reeves as John Constantine and Jhoanna Tris as a possessed girl in "Constantine."
Keanu Reeves as John Constantine and Jhoanna Trias as a possessed girl in "Constantine."Warner Bros. Pictures
While the "Constantine 2" news seemed pretty concrete back in February, the sequel wasn't mentioned by new DC Studios co-chairmen and CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran when they announced their plans for the DC Universe in January.

The first phase of the new DC Universe is titled "Gods and Monsters," and it's easy to imagine Constantine fitting into that since he fights demons, monsters, and the devil himself.

The studio is even working on a "Swamp Thing" movie, and Constantine made his comic book debut in the green monster's series back in 1985.

But while promoting "John Wick: Chapter 4" in March, Reeves seemed to downplay the progress of "Constantine 2."

He told CinemaBlend: "We're trying, I don't know if it's going to happen. I don't know if I look good as a blond. Hopefully, I get to do it, but I don't know."

And so, the wait continues...

Read the original article on Insider

View comments

Robtard
Constantine 2

About f*cking time.

rudester
Anything Keanu Reeves touches turns to gold. I could see a few characters coming back, Shia LaBeouf character and Tilda Swinton, to play as villains.

Robtard
Shia LaBeouf's character died, but became a half-angel in the canon novel of the film. So maybe, don't really care, his character kinda sucked.

Tilda Swinton will likely be reprising her role as the Archangel Gabriel, as will Peter Stormare as Lucifer. Least he better.

Impediment
John Constantine is British. Always and forever.

#NotMyJohnConstantine

rudester
Maybe he will stop and have crumpets with the queen laughing

Khazra Reborn

Kazenji
Couldn't care less about the british crap, Regardless of the change Keanu still did a good job of the role.

Patient_Leech
Join the party

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=559878&from=thread&pagenumber=6#post17659451

Robtard
This is the better Constantine 2 thread thumb up

rudester
Up yours mad

Robtard
No, up yours x 2

rudester
Dont go there Vida! smokin'

riv6672
This is the better Constantine 2 thread thumb up
^^^This the ONLY Constantine 2 thread.

rudester
Atleast now I know you can see me you genius laughing

rudester
And there is Constantine the animated version, so technically no!

riv6672
https://i.ibb.co/27ZBq7h/IMG-7418.jpg

Robtard
Dont go there Vida! smokin'

Want to make it x3? Keep yapping.

Robtard
https://i.ibb.co/27ZBq7h/IMG-7418.jpg

Woah, this dickhead quit smoking after Satan cured his lunch cancer at the end of the first film and now he's back at it.

Patient_Leech
^ Man, I hate it when I get lunch cancer. It's the worst!! laughing out loud

riv6672
^ Man, I hate it when I get lunch cancer. It's the worst!! laughing out loud

https://media.tenor.com/DvMI_-ko0tkAAAAM/dead-laughing.gif

Robtard
Was funny laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
The real question is: is Keanu going to cut his hair to reprise his role? 🤔

riv6672

Impediment
At the very least, I hope the writers will utilize the decades long back log of stories for an interesting plot and villain.

There are sooooo many more interesting villains and story plots than Christianity, Heaven, and Hell.

rudester
Well the bible has a few interpretations of hell, from Dante's inferno.

riv6672

Impediment

riv6672

Patient_Leech
At the very least, I hope the writers will utilize the decades long back log of stories for an interesting plot and villain.

There are sooooo many more interesting villains and story plots than Christianity, Heaven, and Hell.

Yeah, the Spear of Destiny thing was a little obvious, but I guess it's kind of the holy grail or ark of the Covenant. But yeah, I hope they go a little more wild and creative like Temple of Doom. 😎

riv6672

Patient_Leech
The world needs to know: is Keanu going to cut his hair for this?

Patient_Leech
Sounds like Francis Lawrence spoke about this recently...

Seems like good news....

https://www-gamespot-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/francis-lawrence-says-constantine-2-is-still-on-we-have-control/1100-6518733/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9& amp;usqp=mq331AQGsAEggAID#ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fw
ww.gamespot.com%2Farticles%2Ffrancis-lawrence-says-constantine-2-is-still-on-we-have-control%2F1100-6518733%2F

Patient_Leech
CtEJVUvVqzw

jaden_2.0
CtEJVUvVqzw

Takes some amount of balls to say that stand-alone scripts would have to be "something special" to even get made outside the new DCU when the stand-alone movies released during the DCEU were leagues above anything in it and were vastly more successful.

riv6672
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Takes some amount of balls to say that stand-alone scripts would have to be "something special" to even get made outside the new DCU when the stand-alone movies released during the DCEU were leagues above anything in it and were vastly more successful.
^^^Not the biggest load of Bull I e ever heard re: DC, but pretty good.

Patient_Leech
I guess the thinking is assuming that their string of DCU films would be the biggest draws to the theater, so anything to be worth distracting from that has to be tip-top.

Of course that's a big assumption, but I guess I get the sentiment.

Their stand-alone stuff was given room to breath with real filmmakers while the DCEU stuff was ruined by too much studio tampering. I'd like to think that Gunn will do much better.

riv6672

jaden_2.0
I guess the thinking is assuming that their string of DCU films would be the biggest draws to the theater, so anything to be worth distracting from that has to be tip-top.

Of course that's a big assumption, but I guess I get the sentiment.

Their stand-alone stuff was given room to breath with real filmmakers while the DCEU stuff was ruined by too much studio tampering. I'd like to think that Gunn will do much better.

Guardians 2 showed he isn't great at resisting studio interference.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>