If Surfer had complete and utter intent to kill...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
...what big name heralds could he not convincingly defeat at least 7/10, and why?

carver9
He can beat all of them in these type of stips.

Cogito
Other heralds are in character?

Sin I AM
if the other characters are out for the kill as well

majestic

MF DELPH
Yeah, only person out of character would be Surfer. Let's say Surfer finally snapped from all the survivor's guilt he carries and decided to just go all in with his job of feeding Galactus rather than being a pacifist and reluctant fighter, so he has Galactus completely remove any compassion from his psyche. The other heralds are unaware of this change in Surfer's demeanor.

MF DELPH
Originally posted by Sin I AM
if the other characters are out for the kill as well

majestic

Majestic is pretty much always out to kill. Or at least refuses to lose.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, only person out of character would be Surfer. Let's say Surfer finally snapped from all the survivor's guilt he carries and decided to just go all in with his job of feeding Galactus rather than being a pacifist and reluctant fighter, so he has Galactus completely remove any compassion from his psyche. The other heralds are unaware of this change in Surfer's demeanor.

i cant think of a herald who could defeat him in character...who do u believe could?

the ninjak
With the Surfer's abilities he should be able to defeat any character who is limited to with mere solid kinetic, durability, speed feats.

The power cosmic is the unexplained power of the universe. The core formula. The stuff the edge of the Marvel Universe's galaxy is made of and nothing can get through unless through wormholes. Beings can teleport within galaxies but can't go through the actual edge of the galaxy.

If the Surfer was to go rogue. He would kill many characters no probs. But then again I need a list of characters to compare. Current Surfer was able to become the very particles that surrounded the Earth itself. And communicate through them to the Defenders.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by the ninjak
With the Surfer's abilities he should be able to defeat any character who is limited to with mere solid kinetic, durability, speed feats.

The power cosmic is the unexplained power of the universe. The core formula. The stuff the edge of the Marvel Universe's galaxy is made of and nothing can get through unless through wormholes. Beings can teleport within galaxies but can't go through the actual edge of the galaxy.

If the Surfer was to go rogue. He would kill many characters no probs. But then again I need a list of characters to compare. Current Surfer was able to become the very particles that surrounded the Earth itself. And communicate through them to the Defenders.

Adam Warlock, Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Qztr, The Sentry, The Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman (including B/R and AS), Thor, The Void, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Cpt. Comet,Captain Marvel (DC), Damien Hellstrom, Doomsday, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Kid Omega, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Quasar, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Skreet, Supergirl, Supreme, Swamp Thing, Terrax the Tamer, Void, Waverider, Wildfire, Wonder Woman Absorbing Man, Air Walker, Animal Man, Apocalypse, Apollo, Argent, The Atom, Aztek, Bizarro Superman, Breach, Cassandra Nova, Cir-El, Count Nefaria, Damage, Darkness, Darwin, Death's Head 3.0, Death Metal, Dr. Doom, Dr. Invincible, Dr. Light, Dr. Polaris, Drax The Destroyer, Engineer, Etrigan, Exodus, Fin Fang Foom, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), Gammid, Gamora (w/Godslayer), Ganondorf, Gilgamesh, Gorilla Grodd, Graviton, Green Lantern (Soranik Natu), He-Man, Hector Hammond, Hulk, Iceman, Isis, Jade, Jack Hawksmoor (in city), Jack of Hearts, Jericho, Juggernaut (Classic), Kalibak, Lightray, Living Monolith, Lunatik, Magneto, Major Force, Makkari, Man-Beast, Manchester Black, Mar-Vell, Matrix Supergirl, Meggan, Mongul, Monica Rambeau (Pulsar), Mr. M, Nova (Frankie Raye), Nova Richard Rider (current), Plastic Man, Prime, Professor X, Raven, The Ray, Red Tornado, Ronan the Accuser, Saturn Girl, Selene (External), Sersi, Shadow King, Shaman, Starhawk, Super Skrull, Superboy, Tempest, Ultra Boy, Ultra-Humanite, Ultron, Union, Vulcan, Winter, Zauriel,

Sin I AM
not all of theses folk are herald level some are greater some are less depending on versions...but its a rough estimate stolen for the tier thread

Mindship
<--- still waiting for a 'Herald Madness' gig: a showcase for the Power of the Surfer, the way B&T showcased the Power of Thor.

On the other hand, a Surfer out for the kill doesn't necessarily mean a CISless Surfer.

*sigh*

the ninjak
Thanks Sin!

I see the Surfer killing many of those with no probs at all. Especially if CIS PIS is turned off.

Many of them escape the typical Speed, Kinetic, Durabilty bricks I mentioned earlier. Some are magical, telepathic and matter manipulating freaks. Those he may have trouble with.

I agree some of those guys must've had some great old feats to get them into that tier. Though I reckon if Surfer was to go completely nuts and started killing random herald level characters some of these guys should be able to overwhelm him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindship
<--- still waiting for a 'Herald Madness' gig: a showcase for the Power of the Surfer, the way B&T showcased the Power of Thor.

On the other hand, a Surfer out for the kill doesn't necessarily mean a CISless Surfer.

*sigh*

a surfer out for the kill is > a cis-less surfer imo...as he has no qualms about putting an opponent down, ruthless killer. a cis-less surfer will just use all his abilities at his disposal

Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanks Sin!

I see the Surfer killing many of those with no probs at all. Especially if CIS PIS is turned off.

Many of them escape the typical Speed, Kinetic, Durabilty bricks I mentioned earlier. Some are magical, telepathic and matter manipulating freaks. Those he may have trouble with.

I agree some of those guys must've had some great old feats to get them into that tier. Though I reckon if Surfer was to go completely nuts and started killing random herald level characters some of these guys should be able to overwhelm him.

unless the characters he face are equaly ruthless with cis on...for example majestic/ black adam baron zemo, moonstone....the wont take him in a random encounter where he's bloodlusted

JakeTheBank
Well, I think that some of the big name heralds would endure the initial attack from Norrin, forcing them to realize that he's out for blood and making them respond accordingly.

Sin I AM
like?

Stoic
I can see Classic Juggernaut no selling everything that Norrin put out.

JakeTheBank
like?

I think Thor and Superman and an Elite Lantern (for a few examples) would be able to endure the alpha strike, and be able to muster up enough of a defense against Norrin to ensure he doesn't outright stomp them.

Slaanesh
some of the top level herald may put up a fight..but they all lose in the end..

Sin I AM
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think Thor and Superman and an Elite Lantern (for a few examples) would be able to endure the alpha strike, and be able to muster up enough of a defense against Norrin to ensure he doesn't outright stomp them.

i really dont see any lantern standing up to norrin

JakeTheBank
i really dont see any lantern standing up to norrin

I do.

Hal, Kyle, and Sinestro can. And Alan, of course.

vince_slice
We saw a small glimpse of Surfer cutting loose in Annihilation after Galactus changed his mindset, especially in his rematch against Ravenous, where he destroyed the planet and created a black hole. Even then Surfer still spared his life. A Surfer out to kill would be a monster. Too bad he's back to being a pacifist.

Scoobless
Firelord has beaten Surfer before, he should be able to manage a stalemate.

Thor or Bill could take a split, don't see a lantern surviving.

Maybe Loki could beat him.

rotiart
Wouldn't a surfer out to kill be an exiles surfer

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
Wouldn't a surfer out to kill be an exiles surfer That Surfer was the greatest Surfer ever to have lived.

Scoobless
Originally posted by quanchi112
That Surfer was the greatest Surfer ever to have lived.

..... and then Sabretooth killed him.

asdf83
Originally posted by Stoic
I can see Classic Juggernaut no selling everything that Norrin put out.

Surfer could still bfr him with ease.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Agreed.

Tbh, being out for the kill won't make him in any way more competent, just more ruthless imo.

Mindship
a surfer out for the kill is > a cis-less surfer imo...as he has no qualms about putting an opponent down, ruthless killer. a cis-less surfer will just use all his abilities at his disposalThis is where we disagree. At least as I interpret it, bloodlusted means you're not thinking clearly, you're being more emotional than tactical. The finer nuances of battle are not tended to because you're more animal-like. So while I could see Surfer pouring on the power like he's cisless, recklessly so (causing major collateral damage), I don't see him applying his vast versatility, thus taking away from his overall effectiveness.

I suppose I'm modeling him somewhat after a WM Thor. Plus, Exiles Surfer was ruthless*, but I don't recall him using a vast array of exotic powers (did he even use any?). If anything, slicing Glads in half was a pretty basic, animal-like thing to do.

*and what the hell is 'ruth', anyways, such that when you don't have any, you get mean?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
*and what the hell is 'ruth', anyways, such that when you don't have any, you get mean?

The word "ruthless" is middle-English in origin, referring to the biblical story of Ruth; the theme of the story being kindness, love, and redemption.
To say someone is ruthless is to literally say that that person is unlike Ruth; cruel, unforgiving, and unloving. (Ruth+less)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_word_%27ruthless%27

big grin

Enzeru
Sentry would defeat him.

Mindship
Originally posted by Scoobless
The word "ruthless" is middle-English in origin, referring to the biblical story of Ruth; the theme of the story being kindness, love, and redemption.
To say someone is ruthless is to literally say that that person is unlike Ruth; cruel, unforgiving, and unloving. (Ruth+less)

big grin Well, I'll be...

Thanks.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Scoobless

big grin

interesting lol. Anyway no normal version of a herald would be able to beat a Cruel, unforgiving, and unloving surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.