Toughest Video Game Bosses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ban Mido
I'm shocked there isn't a topic like this already haha but like the title says, which bosses frustrated you the most or took the longest to overcome, those bosses that it feels as if you tried every trick in the book but you just can't best them. Where you have to put the controller down and just think to yourself "Is this for real?".

We've all encountered one or two like that (if not more haha) so which ones really grinded your gears and put your skills to the test?

Cyner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGNSdcy-apU

3:09

Digi
I've played games where I have the reaction the OP describes, not so sure about individual bosses though. Obligatory Tyson remark is probably appropriate though. Don't think I ever took down Iron Mike.

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned rat was one of those games that felt like a constant boss fight. An RTS where you had a set number of units, and carried them from battle to battle. If you won a battle but barely lived through it, you got eviscerated in the next one (and they made each battle tough to even win). So each battle had to be perfect to even have a chance at continuing. Of course, new units and upgrades came along at predetermined times, but you were locked with what they gave you, you couldn't really "build" more like many RTS's.

I never finished it.

FinalAnswer
Nyx Avatar gains control of Yukari

Yukari casts Diarahan on Nyx Avatar...

KingD19
Sephiroth the 2nd time around in Kingdom Hearts.

cdtm
Seph in Kingdom Hearts 1. Still never defeated him.

God Hand has quite a few tough bosses. The twins kicked my arse a lot, and even relatively easier bosses like Gorilla Mask and the Super Midget Sentai Force took some effort.

And of course, Mike Tyson was hard as hell, but I did eventually defeat him. Even ran through the game in one sitting, including taking him down.

I lost my edge in my old age though, as now I can't even get past Ivan Drunkowski. big grin

The final boss in Double Dragon 3 was also especially difficult, and I'm proud to say I eventually beat her multiple times.

NemeBro
Mike Tyson and Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts? Pft.

Now, Old King Allant from Demon's Souls was the most challenging boss I have fought in a while, is probably my most memorable recent example.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nyx Avatar gains control of Yukari

Yukari casts Diarahan on Nyx Avatar...

Nyx is actually pretty easy if you spend about 10-20 minutes in Monad before fighting him. I was overlevelled so the fight was mainly just really long.

That said, Matador from Nocturne. **** Matador. I hear Thor is also really goddamn hard, but I stopped playing at that point. Also that ******* Heat. I had to grind like hell to get the right skills to beat that bastard.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nyx is actually pretty easy if you spend about 10-20 minutes in Monad before fighting him. I was overlevelled so the fight was mainly just really long.

Real men don't cheat. uhuh

Nephthys
Monad isn't cheating, its just a bonus dungeon. ¬_¬

FinalAnswer
REAL MEN FIGHT NYX AT LEVEL 70

ON HARD

Kazenji
The final boss for Shinobi PS2.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
REAL MEN FIGHT NYX AT LEVEL 70

ON HARD

Said real men are morons who artificially cripple themselves by not taking oppotunities that present themselves. I'm not going easy on the AI just to make the game more frustrating. ahuh

The fight already takes 45 ****ing minutes. **** that noise.

Also Death is way harder.

Darth Jello
Hardest bosses. The Forgotten One, Shinryu, Omega, Brachioraidos, Death, Phantoon, Rugal Bernstein, Geese Howard all come to mind.

FinalAnswer
Said real men are morons who artificially cripple themselves by not taking oppotunities that present themselves. I'm not going easy on the AI just to make the game more frustrating. ahuh

The fight already takes 45 ****ing minutes. **** that noise.

Also Death is way harder.

Real men appreciate the challenge Nyx is supposed to represent. uhuh

Also, should just say Shao ****ing Khan from Mortal Kombat 9 nearly made me give up on completing the story mode. haermm

Nephthys
Basically this page imo. I like how Nocturne has nine bosses on the list.

FinalAnswer
Oh

Elizabeth.

Yeah, she's way worse then Nyx. haermm

Nephthys
I can't believe I forgot her. If she wasn't so absolutely adorable she'd be a complete *****.

I still think Nocturnes bosses are harder though.

FinalAnswer
I still think Nocturnes bosses are harder though.

How is that even possible? haermm

Nephthys
I actually managed to beat Elizabeth.

Nocturne beat me. sad

(Both times on Normal. **** Hard.)

Elizabeth isn't that bad if you abuse Lucifer's brokeness and pump up his stats in the mall. By the end I had 99 strength and magic.

FinalAnswer
She's apparently harder in Portable. mmm

Also, nvm, just read Mot's entry.

What the **** is that noise?

Nephthys
They get off on our tears.

Persona isn't really that hard provided you play on normal. As long as you get to the end of the dungeon each time before the next boss you should be fine. And theres no shame in abusing gamefaqs on Elizabeth and whatsherface and Death.

But **** Nocturne. Also the Answer.

cdtm
I remember Omega Rugal being pretty hard.. Think it was one of the 90 something KOF's.

Impediment
Alma from Ninja Gaiden.

/thread.

Darth Jello
I meant Phantoon in Metroid: Other M btw. That battle is just one big energy drain.

Kazenji
General RAAM on Insane... unless of course if you do use the glitch then it becomes too easy.

Digi
Dark Trooper anyone? I don't remember him as super hard, but I remember others talking about it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
Alma from Ninja Gaiden.

/thread. I can't possibly be the only one who found her ridiculously easy. no expression

Impediment
Originally posted by NemeBro
I can't possibly be the only one who found her ridiculously easy. no expression

Even on "Hard" mode? Dude, she's a rapist!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Digi
Dark Trooper anyone? I don't remember him as super hard, but I remember others talking about it.

From Dark Forces?

yeah i remember those they can be slighty hard when you fight couple at a time.

Digi
Originally posted by Kazenji
From Dark Forces?

yeah i remember those they can be slighty hard when you fight couple at a time.

No, there was a Dark Trooper boss fight, yeah? But yeah, that's the game. Despite the immediate sequel being one of my favorite games of all time, my memory is sketchy on the original. I swear there was a boss fight though.

{edit} it's entirely possible I'm just remembering one of the harder DT models, which would be an amusing statement on how my then-young mind built up the memory of it.

Kazenji
I know that theres that General "General Mohc'" who puts on a Dark Trooper suit to fight you might be that one your thinking of

i've never actually finished the game myself only going by a walkthrough on Gamefaqs, might have to get back to it and check it out.

dahatta
For me, one boss I could never beat was Carry Armor in FF7

Stoic
Back in the day, Ninja Gaiden's Alma was hell for me to beat.

Now I think that every boss from Dark Souls is worthy of whipping the controller through a flat screen.

Sr J-Bieb
The second stage of the Ares fight on God Mode where you fight all the Kratos'

Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon

I lost the game, and then like two weeks later I found out how to beat them. It sucked. I was just trying to rawdawg them loaded with materia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.