He-Man vs. Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Fights in Eternia. No clones for Lobo.

carver9
Heman kills him.

Flyattractor
He-man wouldn't survive 5 minutes of LOBO just cussing at him.

Digi
Lobo

jinzin
2 characters with broken powers that crap on logic.... should be an infinate stalemate..... But I see Lobo loosing interest first. cool

Digi
Originally posted by Digi
Lobo

^^ This from the co-creator of He-Man's respect thread. Come at me.

Originally posted by jinzin
2 characters with broken powers that crap on logic.... should be an infinate stalemate..... But I see Lobo loosing interest first. cool

Lol, agreed on the first two parts. But it's HM's durability that's his achilles. While formidable and in line with his "normal" power level, in feats it doesn't scale to the absurd levels that his strength does. He can put down guys that would otherwise be beyond his power scale because of his strength, but he can also be taken out. Respect threads don't always tell the full tale. KO's in his fights happen often enough to be considered valid as a debating point.

BlackZero30x
^^ This from the co-creator of He-Man's respect thread. Come at me.

Lol, agreed on the first two parts. But it's HM's durability that's his achilles. While formidable and in line with his "normal" power level, in feats it doesn't scale to the absurd levels that his strength does. He can put down guys that would otherwise be beyond his power scale because of his strength, but he can also be taken out. Respect threads don't always tell the full tale. KO's in his fights happen often enough to be considered valid as a debating point.

I agree with this to a degree.....

My reasoning is that sure He-Man is able to increase his strength to lift a Mountain but if his durability is not increased at all then how can his body withstand the strain of lifting the mountain?

Prep-Man
lobo.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

My reasoning is that sure He-Man is able to increase his strength to lift a Mountain but if his durability is not increased at all then how can his body withstand the strain of lifting the mountain?
It need not follow conventional physics. I agree on principle, but there's no saying this is really the case. And even so, that would only mean he could withstand great static strain, it says nothing of his durability against kinetic force or slicing.

Digi
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

An interesting conundrum, and I've thought about it before. My thought is that his strength scales based on need, and his durability with it, but if someone's attacking him his durability doesn't automatically scale to the need like strength would.

Of course it's never really explained, and this explanation is as arbitrary as any other, but imo it remains the most logical explanation given the fact that he's never left needing more strength, but can be and has been KO'd on more than one occasion.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It need not follow conventional physics. I agree on principle, but there's no saying this is really the case. And even so, that would only mean he could withstand great static strain, it says nothing of his durability against kinetic force or slicing. I had never thought of it in that light before thank you! It gives me things to think of lol

An interesting conundrum, and I've thought about it before. My thought is that his strength scales based on need, and his durability with it, but if someone's attacking him his durability doesn't automatically scale to the need like strength would.

Of course it's never really explained, and this explanation is as arbitrary as any other, but imo it remains the most logical explanation given the fact that he's never left needing more strength, but can be and has been KO'd on more than one occasion.

well this was very well thought out on your part! The way I always looked at it was that like He-Mans strength his durability would rise once he needed it to after being attacked. For instance if He-Man attacks a giant serpent and it exceeds his strength then his strength level rises to the occasion after he knows what he's dealing with. Well I often thought that his durability was the same. So if hit hard enough he could still be rendered unconscious but once he awoke his durability would raise since he knew how high it needed to be raised.

Stoic
I think Lobo would beat the Scones out of Prince Adam.

abhilegend
Lobo frags the bastich.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Omega Vision
It need not follow conventional physics. I agree on principle, but there's no saying this is really the case. And even so, that would only mean he could withstand great static strain, it says nothing of his durability against kinetic force or slicing.

It doesn't have to say anything about those other two.

If he-man's durability has to grow proportionately with his strength, then he would naturally be more resistant in all facets. Durability is a general thing. This is of course, speaking in realistic terms, which may not apply.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by jinzin
Yes. I can see LOBO getting bored fighting the Ultimate Goody Two Shoes..

That is we are talking about the Filmation He-Man,not the remake?

Eh. Either way. LOBO gets bored and goes and hits on Teela,the Sorceress,Evil Lynn,and She-Ra.

Now that would be a fun fight to watch.

rolling on floor laughing

cdtm
He Mans basically as strong and tough as the plot demands. Struggles as much with a giant rock as he does with Castle Grayskull or moving the moon, depending on what the story calls for. Looking at the She Ra series alone, he's been KOed by a mook soldier before, but he's also taken Hordaks beam to the chest, Superman style, without really being hurt by it.

The cartoon He Man would have good odds, imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.