Dr Doom vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Doom gets full access to his resources

1.One day prep
2.One week prep

Mindset
Doom

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom

/thread

abhilegend
Superman punches through everything./Thread

quanchi112
Doom wins/thread.

Lord Feron
Doom in both.

SquallX
What can Doom do to Superman, that the likes of Dominus haven't done already.

carver9
Superman wins.

zeel
supes loses in both.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by SquallX
What can Doom do to Superman, that the likes of Dominus haven't done already.

He could transport him to Mephistopheles realm..........

SquallX
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
He could transport him to Mephistopheles realm..........

So his only chance of winning is trough BFR.

Remove PIS/CIS, Superman rips Doom's head in the first nano second of the fight.

quanchi112
What can Doom do to Superman, that the likes of Dominus haven't done already. Dominus didn't want to kill him.

BlackZero30x

Remove PIS/CIS, Superman rips Doom's head in the first nano second of the fight.

I never said that was his only chance of wining I just answered your question............

EDIT: even if superman blitzed from the start(with removal of cis and pis) It would still be far from character for superman to "rip his head"

Bouboumaster
1- Split. It would depends of the game plans of Doom. If he go all magic on Superman's ass, he got a good chance of winning.
2- Doom every single damn time.

Mindset
What can Doom do to Superman, that the likes of Dominus haven't done already. Beat him.

cdtm
In b4 close.

Spite threads still get closed, right?

JakeTheBank

Nope, not at all. Doom, even without prep, would be a challenge to Superman due to his magic, intellect, and him being Doom, basically.

Remove PIS/CIS, and Doom makes Lex weep in doing what he could never do.

cdtm
Beat him.

lol.

Seriously, how could Doom not do what Batman does every day, considering he's way smarter than Bats?

quanchi112
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I never said that was his only chance of wining I just answered your question............

EDIT: even if superman blitzed from the start(with removal of cis and pis) It would still be far from character for superman to "rip his head" thumb up

SquallX
Originally posted by cdtm
lol.

Seriously, how could Doom not do what Batman does every day, considering he's way smarter than Bats?

I shake my head of you're ignorance.

Batman has never beat Superman, period!

JakeTheBank
I shake my head of you're ignorance.

Batman has never beat Superman, period!

Good thing Doom shits all over Batman, then. big grin

quanchi112
Beat him. Pwned.

American Dragon
Doom wins he has magic which is 1 of supermans weaknesses and he also will exploit supes other weaknesses to like kyponite which he actually did in a crossover and he also can use red sun radiation as well

abhilegend
Superman>>>>all (according to Grant Morrison). Doom is just another villain for him to beat up. Brainiac 13 pwns doom everytime and even he lost to kal. If you are going to use "LOLZ, doom is teh uber prepz god, he is teh unbeatable god I can as well use kal's "Superman aura"." There is nothing doom has done sans plot devices and sheer luck that superman hasn't seen or overcome it. He's not thor though, he doesn't tolerates tyrants. Just ask Darkseid.

Mshinu
Doom steals the "Superman aura". Kal dies

Prep-Man
Superman's aura would be too much for Doom, thus his armor exploding, messing his face up again. Supes POWA FTW.

playa1258
Doom is not beating Superman in a straight fight without prep. If you think Doom wins without prep you are a fan boy on the level of Pendaran.

I do agree however that he wins with prep

SquallX
Originally posted by American Dragon
Doom wins he has magic which is 1 of supermans weaknesses and he also will exploit supes other weaknesses to like kyponite which he actually did in a crossover and he also can use red sun radiation as well

Go and pick up a Superman comic.

Superman has two weakness, and magic is not one of them. He's susceptible to magical attacks, he's not weak against them.

abhilegend
Everyone is weak against magic. Kal has main problems only against bladed or pointed magical objects. Point me to the scan where magic directly koed him.
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman survives magical attacks from disciple which not even diana and zauriel could survive

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/54.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/55.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/56.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/57.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/58.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/59.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/60.jpg

JakeTheBank
Superman>>>>all (according to Grant Morrison). Doom is just another villain for him to beat up. Brainiac 13 pwns doom everytime and even he lost to kal. If you are going to use "LOLZ, doom is teh uber prepz god, he is teh unbeatable god I can as well use kal's "Superman aura"." There is nothing doom has done sans plot devices and sheer luck that superman hasn't seen or overcome it. He's not thor though, he doesn't tolerates tyrants. Just ask Darkseid.

In a forum fight, how does any of that matter?

JakeTheBank
Go and pick up a Superman comic.

Superman has two weakness, and magic is not one of them. He's susceptible to magical attacks, he's not weak against them.

It's been stated in various comics, both by Superman and by others, that he's weak to magic and that magic is often listed right behind Kryptonite and Red Solar Energy as a weakness to him (and other Kryptonians). Said weakness varies depending on the writer's depiction. In the general sense, it's something that he's at a disadvantage to. He has his high showings of him enduring and plowing through it, sure, but it's not the norm.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In a forum fight, how does any of that matter?
I am disappointed in you jake. Superman is above these silly forum fights.superdur

JakeTheBank
I am disappointed in you jake. Superman is above these silly forum fights.superdur

In the eyes of the deluded, sure. cool

Fact of the matter is that when given one sided prep of this magnitude, Doom trumps Skyfathers and beyond.

abhilegend
It's been stated in various comics, both by Superman and by others, that he's weak to magic and that magic is often listed right behind Kryptonite and Red Solar Energy as a weakness to him (and other Kryptonians). Said weakness varies depending on the writer's depiction. In the general sense, it's something that he's at a disadvantage to. He has his high showings of him enduring and plowing through it, sure, but it's not the norm.
So why don't you tell us what is norm for superman regarding magic, jake? He has a long history of tanking BLUNT effect of magic pretty well, prove me wrong. Btw I'm still waiting you in willpower thread between doom and kal.

JakeTheBank
So why don't you tell us what is norm for superman regarding magic, jake? He has a long history of tanking BLUNT effect of magic pretty well, prove me wrong. Btw I'm still waiting you in willpower thread between doom and kal.

The fact that it hurts him and can stagger or bowl him over speaks for itself. He endures it, but he doesn't no sell it. Either way trying to down play his magic issue into something that doesn't even resemble a weakness is contradictory to what his history as a whole suggest.

I already stated the correct answer in that thread.

Which is also Doom.

abhilegend
In the eyes of the deluded, sure. cool

Fact of the matter is that when given one sided prep of this magnitude, Doom trumps Skyfathers and beyond.
Go away, you jerk. crying

JakeTheBank
edit

abhilegend
The fact that it hurts him and can stagger or bowl him over speaks for itself. He endures it, but he doesn't no sell it. Either way trying to down play his magic issue into something that doesn't even resemble a weakness is contradictory to what his history as a whole suggest.

I already stated the correct answer in that thread.

Which is also Doom.
He can still tear apart doom with his bare hands. Lulz, face me with feats jake otherwise "He's superman">>>>DOOMY DOOMS OF DOOM.

Mshinu
He can still tear apart doom with his bare hands.

Doom just needs to fit his armor with vampire teeth spikes and supes can`t touch him.

cdtm
Superman>>>>all (according to Grant Morrison).

Morrison had Amazo and The General beat him down, and Triumph threaten to kill him, so he couldn't really believe Supes is > all.

He even struggled with a white martian, and won that by the skin of his teeth.

Doom's more than smart enough to rig up some device that can suck the solar energy out of him, like Triumph under Morrison was capable of, for starters. This is a character that, with prep, power jacked high heralds like Surfer, high end cosmics like Galactus, and even Pre Retcon Beyonder. Yes, PRE RETCON, when even Living Tribunal was shaking in his boots from the character.

cdtm
Originally posted by Mshinu
Doom just needs to fit his armor with vampire teeth spikes and supes can`t touch him.

Personally, I think all he has to do is raise his shields, than he could take his time and whip out the high end magic.

Doom has some of the most powerful shields in comics, so I think they could hold off Supes long enough to put a magic whammy on him.

abhilegend
^Read Superman beyond, that was because it was a team book. Miracle machine pwns anything doom has done.

abhilegend
Personally, I think all he has to do is raise his shields, than he could take his time and whip out the high end magic.

Doom has some of the most powerful shields in comics, so I think they could hold off Supes long enough to put a magic whammy on him.
Kal has punched through his own death, what's a puny shield?

cdtm
^Read Superman beyond, that was because it was a team book. Miracle machine pwns anything doom has done.

I did, and Superman Beyond was awesome seeing Superman tear apart "reality blitzing" capable ships and such, but it's also hard to apply a lot of that to the real world because of the strange nature of the realm they were fighting in (For example, Ultraman and Superman fusing instead of destroying each other, and things like the importance of Supermans story. You know how Morrison can be with conventions, like that time he had one of the Doom Patrol destroy a universe by making it realize it didn't actually exist).

SquallX
Morrison had Amazo and The General beat him down, and Triumph threaten to kill him, so he couldn't really believe Supes is > all.

He even struggled with a white martian, and won that by the skin of his teeth.

Doom's more than smart enough to rig up some device that can suck the solar energy out of him, like Triumph under Morrison was capable of, for starters. This is a character that, with prep, power jacked high heralds like Surfer, high end cosmics like Galactus, and even Pre Retcon Beyonder. Yes, PRE RETCON, when even Living Tribunal was shaking in his boots from the character.

Do you even know how powerful those three beings are individually.

Amazo and the General are team wreckers. Amazo with the Worlogog was Skyfather and up, and a White Martin is Jonn Jonz without morals.

Also without PIS/CIS, Doom is not even a candle in the presence of Galactus or Beyonder.

Most of Doom's high end feats or PIS, just like Batman kicking the Spectre.

cdtm

Amazo and the General are team wreckers. Amazo with the Worlogog was Skyfather and up, and a White Martin is Jonn Jonz without morals.

Right, which means when if Morrison claimed Superman is > all, he didn't really mean "all". Even under Morrisons best, there's characters as powerful (Superman Beyond even had other Supermen that were comparable or greater in overall power, if not in importance to fighting a self building story).

SquallX
Right, which means when if Morrison claimed Superman is > all, he didn't really mean "all". Even under Morrisons best, there's characters as powerful (Superman Beyond even had other Supermen that were comparable or greater in overall power, if not in importance to fighting a self building story).

Actually CA Superman>>>>All, if you're not an Omnipotent.

Also Morrison could have meant it in a different way. He could have meant Superman is the ultimate hero, not the most powerful one, but the hero everyone else looks up too.

I mean, read All Star Superman.

Mindset
Actually CA Superman>>>>All, if you're not an Omnipotent.

Also Morrison could have meant it in a different way. He could have meant Superman is the ultimate hero, not the most powerful one, but the hero everyone else looks up too.

I mean, read All Star Superman. That's actually Kyle.

abhilegend
That's actually Kyle.
That "alley rat". Nah, its actually slade and sinestro.

Mindset
They aren't even heroes.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

abhilegend
^Sinestro is a hero now.

Mindset
Sinestro is gutter trash.

abhilegend
^ He is still better than that "alley rat".

Mindset
Well of course he's better than Superman.

quanchi112
In a forum fight, how does any of that matter? Exactly. Superman as the hero overcoming the odds is what all heroes usually do anyway.

abhilegend
Well of course he's better than Superman.
Lulz, kyle "alley rat" rayner.

JakeTheBank

Also without PIS/CIS, Doom is not even a candle in the presence of Galactus or Beyonder.

Most of Doom's high end feats or PIS, just like Batman kicking the Spectre.

So Doom's prep feats are PIS because....why?

Raptor22
So Doom's prep feats are PIS because....why? because they're awesome

JakeTheBank
Just seems to me that people don't want to admit that with this one sided prep time in his favor, Dr. Doom has a pretty fairly easy time in beating Superman based on his laundry list of accomplishments. Also lol at comparing Batman to Doom on any level.

Redwolf
Meh, honestly in all the comics I've read where Superman faced magical beings he held his own. I don't remember a comic in which a magical being even a very powerful one owned him.

I say it would be a hell of a fight but I can see Superman winning this.

SquallX
So Doom's prep feats are PIS because....why?

Most of them are pis when he's operating far outside of his range. Come on man, you're telling me Doom lasting or tricking the likes of Galactus or Beyonder's not considers pis.

Then i guess i can say Black Panther with a seek attack was able to put Silver Surfer in a head lock is not pis, but his ability to prep such idiocy.

CosmicComet
Dr. Doom blitzes him.

Sr J-Bieb
Most of them are pis when he's operating far outside of his range. Come on man, you're telling me Doom lasting or tricking the likes of Galactus or Beyonder's not considers pis.

Then i guess i can say Black Panther with a seek attack was able to put Silver Surfer in a head lock is not pis, but his ability to prep such idiocy. He didn't outsmart Galactus. He just caught him at a weird time. And him beating Beyonder had to do with Galactus' tech.

And Black Panther didn't prep. He straight up overpowered Surfer.

Not the same at all

Also, aren't you a heavy Strange supporter? Calling prep feats pis... tsk tsk

janus77
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
He didn't outsmart Galactus. He just caught him at a weird time. And him beating Beyonder had to do with Galactus' tech.

And Black Panther didn't prep. He straight up overpowered Surfer.

Not the same at all

Also, aren't you a heavy Strange supporter? Calling prep feats pis... tsk tsk
Galactus' tech is too advanced for anyone to comprehend, but Doom somehow managed to utilise it and to do something with it that Galactus himself had not thought to do (to steal Beyonder's power).

Black Panther used tech that he had prepared for such an encounter, iirc, that and writer induced retarded behaviour (on the part of Surfer) resulted in the infamous arm-lock.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by janus77
Galactus' tech is too advanced for anyone to comprehend, but Doom somehow managed to utilise it and to do something with it that Galactus himself had not thought to do (to steal Beyonder's power).

Black Panther used tech that he had prepared for such an encounter, iirc, that and writer induced retarded behaviour (on the part of Surfer) resulted in the infamous arm-lock. It was too advanced for Doom to comprehend. He used Galactus' mind to utilize the tech.
That's because Doom likes to steal power.

He had prep the second time. The first time I don't believe he had anything.
He overpowered Surfer, and then managed to stay awake through a Stardust attack.

TheMagicPillow
Doom has diplomatic immunity, superman can't touch him.

JakeTheBank

Then i guess i can say Black Panther with a seek attack was able to put Silver Surfer in a head lock is not pis, but his ability to prep such idiocy.

Not sure how he's operating outside of his range when he's specifically prepping to do just that. You might have a point if Doom strolls up to Galactus and punches his lights out.

The Black Panther incident isn't really the same at all.

Considering what Doom has done with his prep time in far less time than he has here, I don't see how the idea of Doom besting Superman for the vast majority would be "PIS" or not count other you simply not agreeing what he's done. Lex Luthor is able to give Superman fits with this kind of one sided prep time. Doom, who is far and away his vast superior, would yield far more impressive results.

BattleMage
Fact of the matter is that when given one sided prep of this magnitude, Doom trumps Skyfathers and beyond. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Redwolf
Meh, honestly in all the comics I've read where Superman faced magical beings he held his own. I don't remember a comic in which a magical being even a very powerful one owned him.

I say it would be a hell of a fight but I can see Superman winning this. He's also had help and was owned by the Spectre in day of judgment.

NetherSaber
Does doom by any chance have any kryptonite?

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's also had help and was owned by the Spectre in day of judgment.

and he's beaten plenty without any help at all.

JakeTheBank
He wouldn't have it on hand by default, but during the prep phase, I don't see why he couldn't get any or replicate the specific radioactive frequency it emits.

DarkSaint85
Jeez.

Mindswap. Time travel so that Ma/Pa Kent never pick him up. BFR to another realm. Kryptonite. Magic. Red sun radiation. All three of the previous combined.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
and he's beaten plenty without any help at all. I know that but he's needed help more than once. I was correcting someone who acted like Superman just overcomes it all the time on his own.

-Pr-
I know that but he's needed help more than once. I was correcting someone who acted like Superman just overcomes it all the time on his own.

most of the time he does overcome it by himself, though.

quanchi112
most of the time he does overcome it by himself, though. Just not all the time.

-Pr-
Just not all the time.

but the majority, so your point is moot.

quanchi112
but the majority, so your point is moot. He said he wasn't aware of a single time so my point was relevant to his statement.

-Pr-
He said he wasn't aware of a single time so my point was relevant to his statement.

because such a big Superman fan like you has to go around educating the people, am i right?

quanchi112
because such a big Superman fan like you has to go around educating the people, am i right? I take no pleasure in this. You believe me don't you ? shifty

cdtm
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
Doom has diplomatic immunity, superman can't touch him.

That's basically how their crossover went. laughing

All the crimes Doom commits, and Supes stops short of catching him because international law.

-Pr-
I take no pleasure in this. You believe me don't you ? shifty

Just stay out of Superman threads and I might let you live.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Jeez.

Mindswap. Time travel so that Ma/Pa Kent never pick him up. BFR to another realm. Kryptonite. Magic. Red sun radiation. All three of the previous combined.

Hm.. Doom's privy to common knowledge, and it's well known Supermans an alien, but is it common knowledge where and when he landed? Supermans secret identity will probably keep Doom from messing too much with his early timeline.

Everything else on the list can happen though. Power jacking via mindswap would be in character for Doom.

DarkSaint85
Hm.. Doom's privy to common knowledge, and it's well known Supermans an alien, but is it common knowledge where and when he landed? Supermans secret identity will probably keep Doom from messing too much with his early timeline.

Everything else on the list can happen though. Power jacking via mindswap would be in character for Doom.

True - I stand corrected!

quanchi112
Just stay out of Superman threads and I might let you live. I respect a guy who will kill in the name of his comic book character.

SquallX
I respect a guy who will kill in the name of his comic book character.

Well you should, after all you're even worse when it comes to Thanos.

quanchi112
Well you should, after all you're even worse when it comes to Thanos. If anyone blasphemes in the name of Thanos I kill their entire family. I sever bloodlines.

Mshinu
If anyone blasphemes in the name of Thanos I kill their entire family. I sever bloodlines.

Hey quanchi, Thanos the dumb titan is a big fat looser who never can hold on to power and he smells like sweaty donkey balls. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Hey quanchi, Thanos the dumb titan is a big fat looser who never can hold on to power and he smells like sweaty donkey balls. stick out tongue When you realize your cousins are missing just remember you asked for this.

Mshinu
When you realize your cousins are missing just remember you asked for this.

I only got one cousin.. and she actually looks a bit like Thanos. smile

quanchi112
I only got one cousin.. and she actually looks a bit like Thanos. smile Pm me her number. She sounds hot.

Aakla
If Doom has pieces of the original Cross in his armor, to protect him from Dracula, He would probably just do the same with Kryptonite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.