Silver Surfer vs Mr.Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saintman
No prep
Morals off
Fight takes place in space
Standard gear for Maj
No type of BFR
Death or knockout

JakeTheBank
Surfer.

LordofBrooklyn
Surfer's versatility wins out. His recent upgrade doesn't hurt things either.

sean724
Bump

Prep-Man
Majestic with the Swords could likely win.

Naija boy
Surfer

Digi
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Majestic with the Swords could likely win.

This. Otherwise Surfer.

Existere
Meh, swords and all, I'd likely still give it to Surfer.

Prep-Man
The swords were powerful enough to repel energy and take it to TAO who had massive reality warping powers, right?

"Id"
With his Sword, odds favor Majestic.

With out it, they fall back on Surfer.

carver9
Slicing Surfer doesn't work.

"Id"
Originally posted by carver9

Its not so much the slicing, as the effects it has if he stabs him with it. Blades molded from the creation engine neutralize/disrupts being with the power of creation.

The blade can one shot the surfer if it lands cleanly.

dmills
Majestic

Batman-Prime
50-50

Digi
Originally posted by carver9

Be careful. You don't know what you're talking about here. Majestic's blades could conceivably harm anything.

Lord Feron
Morals off on surfer adds far more than it does than Majestic.

I don't know too much about the sword, can it be transmuted?

Can Surfer simple make himself intangible so the sword can't hit him? Is it possible for him to matter manipulate the sword? I know it is made of the creation engine but just saying that is not going to be proof enough unless the creation engine itself has proven to be durable and mm-proof.

Digi
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Morals off on surfer adds far more than it does than Majestic.

Can Surfer simple make himself intangible so the sword can't hit him? Is it possible for him to matter manipulate the sword? I know it is made of the creation engine but just saying that is not going to be proof enough unless the creation engine itself has proven to be durable and mm-proof.

The Creation Engine is Wildstorm's IG or HOTU. It controls all of reality. I forget if Majestic's swords were forged in it or made directly from part of it. Either way, they're able to harm things literally in an abstract sense. It's why they're a dealbreaker here.

Not sure if they'd be considered standard equip though. Majestic doesn't always have them.

Naija boy
Surfer with or without Swords. Do the swords automatically return to him ala mjolnir? if not it would be a synch for Surfer to seperate him from them. Also even forgeoing that tactic, within melee range, Surfers has got his board, omniblasts, and the ability to even reconstitute his body. He is more than able to handle himself sword or no sword.

dmills
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer with or without Swords. Do the swords automatically return to him ala mjolnir? if not it would be a synch for Surfer to seperate him from them. Also even forgeoing that tactic, within melee range, Surfers has got his board, omniblasts, and the ability to even reconstitute his body. He is more than able to handle himself sword or no sword.

The problem for Norrin is that there's very little that he could throw at Majestros that couldn't be countered by Majestic's own ability to effect matter/energy at the atomic level with his eye beams.

Not to mention that Majestic has taken on Tao and was able to effect him with the blades...

stick out tongue laughing out loud

"Id"
Originally posted by Lord Feron

No since the blades are made from shards of creation itself, they neutralize those with the power to matter manipulate/reality warp, as to repel energy.

Don Corleone
Surfer's also faced tougher opposition than Majestic has had to face on average. Think he's got the edge there.

lilshogun
Sufer can pratically do anything. He can shrink to Microverse level and enter in his ear and explode from within.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by "Id"
No since the blades are made from shards of creation itself, they neutralize those with the power to matter manipulate/reality warp, as to repel energy. Granting all that as truth, how were the blades forged in the first place... ?

dmills
Originally posted by lilshogun
Sufer can pratically do anything. He can shrink to Microverse level and enter in his ear and explode from within.

Majestic would use his nano second reflexes to build a device that allows him to return the surfer to his normal size with laser vision lol.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by dmills
Majestic would use his nano second reflexes to build a device that allows him to return the surfer to his normal size with laser vision lol.

You're lucky you put that lol at the end. You were almost profiled. stick out tongue

Sundipped
Originally posted by "Id"
Its not so much the slicing, as the effects it has if he stabs him with it. Blades molded from the creation engine neutralize/disrupts being with the power of creation.

The blade can one shot the surfer if it lands cleanly.

Sounds like a powerful blade. Also sounds like a weapon along the same lines as Deathurges weapons which did cause harm to Surfer. Not sure about a 1 shot though.

"Id"
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Granting all that as truth, how were the blades forged in the first place... ?

How where they forged? I've yet to come across specific details.

OneDumbG0
^ Well, barring further details into their forging, the fact that they were forged in the first place would seem to detract from the notion that as pieces of the Creation Engine, they are completely immune to matter manipulation, reality warping, and energy itself.

Prep-Man

And he could do that to!

vince_slice
Does anyone remember the Skrull impersonator who had Doctor Dredd's powers? He had the ability to cut the fabric of space itself. He managed to cut Surfer, but Surfer healed it without much trouble.

Existere
^Yeah, and that same guy was then 'blunted' through matter manipulation by Ronan (if we're both talking about the fight in the Annihilators).

vince_slice
Originally posted by Existere
^Yeah, and that same guy was then 'blunted' through matter manipulation by Ronan (if we're both talking about the fight in the Annihilators).

Yeah it was the mini series involving the Dire Wraiths. If an alpha level (i.e., Ronan) can do that, imagine what an alpha plus could do (i.e., Surfer). stick out tongue

cdtm
Surfer.

Maj is good, but Surfer outclasses him power wise.

Digi
^ Well, barring further details into their forging, the fact that they were forged in the first place would seem to detract from the notion that as pieces of the Creation Engine, they are completely immune to matter manipulation, reality warping, and energy itself.
Granting all that as truth, how were the blades forged in the first place... ?

Dunno. For the purposes of the fight though, it doesn't matter. You're trying to find a loophole here, but the evidence speaks otherwise. When they hurt Tao, Tao was an abstract level being, capable of rewriting reality. Surfer would be affected by them, no questions whatsoever. Removing them from Majestic's grasp, though far from easy, is a viable tactic. Suggesting that they could be transmuted or simply ignored is not.

Again though, it's dubious as to whether or not they're standard. But really, the fight hangs on them. With them, Majestic for a clear majority. Without them, Surfer for a clear majority. Anyone disregarding the swords doesn't understand them.

OneDumbG0
^ I don't know how you could possibly characterize my questions as loopholes. I think I'd be offended at such an insinuation if I weren't so confused by the left field nature of it. I never argued that the creation blades would not present a grave threat to Surfer. I'm questioning how invincible they are. Nobody has presented any hard evidence that they are immune to matter manipulation, reality warping or energy beyond vague references to their lofty origins.

It's the same exact argument that WW fanboys make concerning her bracers and how they're completely indestructible because they were forged from the shards of the legendary invincible Aegis. Except the Aegis being reduced to shards and being reshaped into her bracers belies their "invincibility." Same with these creation blades.

I'm happy to accept actual feats of invincibility where they resisted direct matter manipulation, reality warping and were immune to energy (even functionally). Just don't expect me to go wide-eyed at dubious assertions of hyperbolic reverse-projection.

"Id"

Even so, the argument that matter manipulation would effect the Blades of Creation are highly questionable due to the fact that it did neutralize TAO's ability to warp reality, and it did repel Captain Atoms (amped by Void) energy blast. With a statement along the lines of "these blades can shave the edges of an electron".

If the blades simply held these statements, lacking these kinds showings than I would agree, that surfers energy & matter manipulating abilities would suffice to rid itself of the blades itself.

Simply put I cant recall a single instance, where the blades failed to measure up to matter manipulation, or repel energy.

JakeTheBank
Personally, from what I've read, I wouldn't consider the blades to be standard equipment for Majestic.

Digi
^ I don't know how you could possibly characterize my questions as loopholes. I think I'd be offended at such an insinuation if I weren't so confused by the left field nature of it. I never argued that the creation blades would not present a grave threat to Surfer. I'm questioning how invincible they are. Nobody has presented any hard evidence that they are immune to matter manipulation, reality warping or energy beyond vague references to their lofty origins.

It's the same exact argument that WW fanboys make concerning her bracers and how they're completely indestructible because they were forged from the shards of the legendary invincible Aegis. Except the Aegis being reduced to shards and being reshaped into her bracers belies their "invincibility." Same with these creation blades.

I'm happy to accept actual feats of invincibility where they resisted direct matter manipulation, reality warping and were immune to energy (even functionally). Just don't expect me to go wide-eyed at dubious assertions of hyperbolic reverse-projection.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, or offend. It was just a logical step in your line of thinking. By saying they were forged, and saying that this showed that they weren't entirely immune to matter manip. or energy manip., the next logical step is to question whether or not Surfer could do the same. It's not a bad line of thinking. If I didn't know about the Creation Blades, I might go there myself.

They may not be literally invincible, it seems we'll never actually have enough evidence to say for sure since WS is tanked. But I'm happy to accept the possibility. However, whether or not they are is a matter that isn't relevant to this thread, because they're very demonstrably beyond Surfer's ability to manipulate.

OneDumbG0
^ There's obviously a disconnect here that's leading to miscommunication. I've read posters saying that they cut through Tao, who was a reality warper. I've also read that they "neutralized" his reality warping powers. In what way did they "neutralize" them? Did they directly resist reality warping attempts by Tao? Or did they just wreck a being who was a reality warper who was shrugging off pretty much everything else thrown at him? If it was the former, I'd expect that to be stated outright, and it hasn't. If it was the latter, the conclusion that they're immune to Surfer's varied attempts to dispose of them doesn't necessarily follow.

Scans would be great. Explanations that tie directly into their invincibility would be sufficient. I've already read Captain Atom: Armaggedon where Zealot cleaves Captain Atom's energy blast. Reading that scene in isolation and what Zealot herself stated, the feat itself seemed more attributed to its abstract sharpness, rather than its invincibility. Between that and the unusual focus on the creation blades' lofty origins, that isn't sufficient for me to think they're virtually invincible.

I can appreciate that this conclusion should be informed by the Tao scene in question, but that Tao scene isn't clear to me at all. So I will continue to doubt their invincibility until then.

Digi
So I will continue to doubt their invincibility until then.

It's from a Wildcats issue, iirc. I'll check his respect thread, but I'm not sure they scans have surfaced on KMC. Your skepticism is commendable on the matter of invincibility. However, I do think that the question of absolute invincibility remains irrelevant to this thread, for reasons stated:

Originally posted by Digi
...I'm happy to accept the possibility . However, whether or not they are is a matter that isn't relevant to this thread, because they're very demonstrably beyond Surfer's ability to manipulate.

Having seen enough of the blades, I cannot fathom the possibility that Surfer could manipulate them in the slightest. This is personal opinion, though I feel as though the evidence exists to support me.

Galan007
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Personally, from what I've read, I wouldn't consider the blades to be standard equipment for Majestic. Yeah. Majestic has periodically utilized them, but he generally does not.

However, the Kusar blades in Majestic's personal arsenal (which some seem to be confusing with the Creation Blades) are fair game. The Kusar blades are so sharp that they can, quite literally, slice through energy attacks (Captain Atom's in this case):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11202232_s1.jpg
"This sword was crafted by Kherubim masters. It was designed to absorb the heat of a thousand suns, and to shave the rough edges off an electron."

Energy deflection/absorption aside, the Kusar blades are also sharp enough to cut Majectic himself (and Spartan):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11202233_s2.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11202244_s3.jpg
...So cutting Surfer shouldn't be a problem.

With the Kusar blades, Majestic's chances of beating Surfer are really good, imo.

MF DELPH
Hmm...

Wasn't Surfer cut to pieces on panel and reformed?

janus77
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Hmm...

not only that, he's been smashed to atoms only to reform instantly too.
depends on the writer, Surfer's either un-killable or liable to fall off his board and do himself a serious injury.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer wasn't cut by Morg's axe... which cut his board in twix.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jeh5c.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/35318bp.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ipr1c8.jpg

Your move Gaylan

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by janus77
depends on the writer, Surfer's either un-killable or liable to fall off his board and do himself a serious injury. I laffed. laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Hmm...

it's feats like this makes me shake my head when we still see these guys being able to be ko'd by punches.

insta-full bodied regeneration and still being able to be knocked out for extended periods of time doesn't mesh together.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Surfer wasn't cut by Morg's axe... which cut his board in twix.
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jeh5c.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/35318bp.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/ipr1c8.jpg ...Yet Surfer was still owned. Severely. mmm

Anywho, I really don't see your 'average' Surfer being left unscathed from a weapon capable of cutting Majestic... Especially given the Superman-esque force that would be behind said strike.

Your move Gaylan icwutudidthare. sneer

janus77
I laffed. laughing out loud
It's what happens when you run out of tears ...

bastard writers!

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah. Majestic has periodically utilized them, but he generally does not.

However, the Kusar blades in Majestic's personal arsenal (which some seem to be confusing with the Creation Blades) are fair game. The Kusar blades are so sharp that they can, quite literally, slice through energy attacks (Captain Atom's in this case):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11202232_s1.jpg
"This sword was crafted by Kherubim masters. It was designed to absorb the heat of a thousand suns, and to shave the rough edges off an electron."

Energy deflection/absorption aside, the Kusar blades are also sharp enough to cut Majectic himself (and Spartan):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11202233_s2.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11202244_s3.jpg
...So cutting Surfer shouldn't be a problem.

With the Kusar blades, Majestic's chances of beating Surfer are really good, imo.

Good points. Those swords he wields are nasty.

janus77
...Yet Surfer was still owned. Severely. mmm

Anywho, I really don't see your 'average' Surfer being left unscathed from a weapon capable of cutting Majestic... Especially given the Superman-esque force that would be behind said strike.

icwutudidthare. sneer
Surfer turns himself into all the molecules in the environment, no wait, Surfer turns INTO the environment.

Even in Surfer's current - low power - state, he's too versatile and has too many phenomenal options, to be killed by a blade.

What would happen if Surfer filled the battlefield with Silver Surfers? Would Majestic have a clue where to aim, before Surfer's bisected him with his surfboard?

Galan007
Even in Surfer's current - low power - state, he's too versatile and has too many phenomenal options, to be killed by a blade. It's odd that Morg could own him with a blade so easily, then. none

Lets not act like Surfer is some invulnerable God who cannot be harmed. He can/has--and Majestic certainly has the power/equipment to do so.

janus77
It's odd that Morg could own him with a blade so easily, then. none

Lets not act like Surfer is some invulnerable God who cannot be harmed. He can/has--and Majestic certainly has the power/equipment to do so.
Surfer requires monumentally bad writing to be harmed in such a way, which is what I was pointing out.

That he's the victim of convenient amnesia when it comes to getting whacked by objects (intangibility), when getting sapped of his energies (his ability to steal energy/PC from everything) and when it comes to the necessity of giving a win to another herald (his instant healing).

an "average" Surfer would either vaporise the blade instantly or go intangible and attack from all angles.

a truly high-end Surfer would simply slice Majestic in two with his surfboard, whilst stealing power from Majestic's own body.

I don't see the blades as being a significant factor here, Surfer's going to win if he's fighting smart.

Galan007
an "average" Surfer would either vaporise the blade instantly or go intangible and attack from all angles. An 'average' Surfer almost never uses intangibility mid-battle, though... And was there a reason why Surfer didn't vaporize Morg's axe... Or any of the weaponry that's harmed him over the years, for that matter?

janus77
An 'average' Surfer almost never uses intangibility mid-battle, though... And was there a reason why Surfer didn't vaporize Morg's axe... Or any of the weaponry that's harmed him over the years, for that matter?
He's matter manipulated weapons before, in the dim past, and vaporised enemies instantly in he very recent past.

The reason he doesn't do any of that, is the same reason the can fall off his board and injure himself. Writers are lazy.

Galan007
The reason he doesn't do any of that, is the same reason he can fall off his board and injure himself. Writers are lazy. But you said an 'average' Surfer does things like that. He doesn't, though. I think we're both on the same page now. thumb up

...I'm also curious what would happen to Surfer if he were struck by Majestic's energy vision (of which altered Jupiter's entire pre-atomic makeup.)

janus77
When we're talking 'average' I'm assuming you mean somewhere between his highest and lowest feats... not the most common showing (which again might not be quite as low as to be troubled by Morg's blade).

As for energy vision, well, I expect Surfer would either absorb it and amp from it, redirected away without any ill-effect or fight it off with his own ability to directly and remotely alter sub-atomic, atomic and molecular structures of everything.

Galan007
Wow. Your definition of an 'average' Surfer is a LOT different than mine. Whatevs, no reason to go any further.

h1a8
Hmm...

It was rather his limbs, not his neck or head. But it does smell like PIS.

depends on the writer, Surfer's either un-killable or liable to fall off his board and do himself a serious injury.
This is clearly PIS since it would contradict anyone beating Surfer in comics, including Thor.

dmills
Majestic uses his laser vision, to rewrite Norrin's genetic structure, builds a quantum buster in nano seconds and turns Norrin into a floating bag of random particles.

This fight could get absolutely silly lol.

h1a8
Surfer requires monumentally bad writing to be harmed in such a way, which is what I was pointing out.

That he's the victim of convenient amnesia when it comes to getting whacked by objects (intangibility), when getting sapped of his energies (his ability to steal energy/PC from everything) and when it comes to the necessity of giving a win to another herald (his instant healing).

an "average" Surfer would either vaporise the blade instantly or go intangible and attack from all angles.

a truly high-end Surfer would simply slice Majestic in two with his surfboard, whilst stealing power from Majestic's own body.

I don't see the blades as being a significant factor here, Surfer's going to win if he's fighting smart. Surfer just can't vaporize anyone or anything in the universe. There is no way he can vaporize Morg's axe or even Majestic's swords. The items are too durable and resistant against matter manip.

And Surfer can't absorb anyone either, especially those with pulling power on their own. Otherwise he would absorb Thor or any other herald level being not from Galactus.

Sr J-Bieb
...Yet Surfer was still owned. Severely. mmm

icwutudidthare. sneer That's because it was basically turned into a hammer if it couldn't cut him. Cosmic charged and shit too.
A sword wouldn't carry as much force.

That's your prerogative.

zeel
surfer is more versital but i dont think he could do enough damage against majestic.

Galan007
That's because it was basically turned into a hammer if it couldn't cut him. Cosmic charged and shit too.
A sword wouldn't carry as much force. Majestic merely ran his finger across the Kusar blade and it cut him. With that in mind, do you honestly believe a full-on swing/thrust from Maj wouldn't injure Surfer in the slightest?

Sr J-Bieb
Majestic merely ran his finger across the Kusar blade and it cut him. With that in mind, do you honestly believe a full-on swing/thrust from Majestic wouldn't injure Surfer in the slightest? That's because he's made of paper.

Oh I think it would injure him, but I have a hard time seeing Surfer cut at this point in time by a sharp weapon.

Galan007
Oh I think it would injure him, but I have a hard time seeing Surfer cut at this point in time by a sharp weapon. Funny, I say that every time Wolverine stabs someone. stick out tongue

Srsly though, the Kusar blades aren't just sharp weapons. They are sharp weapons that are also capable of blocking/cutting/absorbing high-end energy attacks--and that's a big deal here... The blades alone nearly put Zealot on par with Captain Atom.

Sr J-Bieb
Funny, I say that every time Wolverine stabs someone. stick out tongue

Srsly though, the Kusar blades aren't just sharp weapons. They are sharp weapons that are also capable of blocking/cutting/absorbing high-end energy attacks--and that's a big deal here... The blades alone nearly put Zealot on par with Captain Atom. I realize, but I'm talking solely on the cut cut factor

Galan007
^ And Surfer gets cut cut the f*ck up. none

Sr J-Bieb
Lies

Galan007
no u.

dmills
Norrin also got tongue spiked by Volx. But that may have more to do with her magic then with the surfer's durability. Then again she tried that on Supernova and it just bounced harmlessly off of his forehead shifty

Sr J-Bieb
http://i44.tinypic.com/24dpxc6.jpg

That's me kicking you in the face

Galan007
I had no idea you were a martial artist. I can only assume you were training on the same beach that Karate Kid trained on. +1.

However, I also noticed that you pissed yourself in the first pic. -1.

You gained no points. sneer

dmills
http://i44.tinypic.com/24dpxc6.jpg

That's me kicking you in the face

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/tumblr_ldzxz4HFjS1qfheqro1_500.gif

abhilegend
Hmm...

I thought unilord saga is non canon for 616 surfer.

abhilegend
Norrin also got tongue spiked by Volx. But that may have more to do with her magic then with the surfer's durability. Then again she tried that on Supernova and it just bounced harmlessly off of his forehead shifty
Really? Scans please.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
Really? Scans please.

Of which?

abhilegend
Of which?
Supernova shrugging off an attack which injures surfer. Can you get both?

Prep-Man
Majestic uses his laser vision, to rewrite Norrin's genetic structure, builds a quantum buster in nano seconds and turns Norrin into a floating bag of random particles.

This fight could get absolutely silly lol.

And all under a pico second. wink

dmills
Supernova shrugging off an attack which injures surfer. Can you get both?

Yes. The surfer one is easy enough to grab. The Garthan Saal one I gotta dig through Photobucket for. Gimme a minute.

abhilegend
Yes. The surfer one is easy enough to grab. The Garthan Saal one I gotta dig through Photobucket for. Gimme a minute.
Do you have it on your account or would you search photobucket?

Sr J-Bieb
Do you have it on your account or would you search photobucket? Looks like he gave up

dmills
Do you have it on your account or would you search photobucket? On my account.

abhilegend
Looks like he gave up
Hey bieb, what's up buddy?

dmills
I had to go through a shit load of images to find these old scans of Garthan Saal. Hope the image quality is ok. Goodnight gents.

Supernova...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/picsay-1331791849.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1331791915854.jpg

Surfer...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/annihilators36.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/ANH3-1.jpg

abhilegend
I had to go through a shit load of images to find these old scans of Garthan Saal. Hope the image quality is ok. Goodnight gents.

Supernova...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/picsay-1331791849.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1331791915854.jpg

Surfer...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/annihilators36.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/ANH3-1.jpg
My respect for surfer suddenly took a dive when someone like supernova can shrug the attacks that injure him.ha-som

Digi
It's just item #76 that shows how comic Surfer and forum Surfer are two different entities. That's been true forever. Fact remains he has the most varied and best feats in his tier, but he's never ever going to be written using more than 1-2 powers in any given fight.

Juntai
Wow. Your definition of an 'average' Surfer is a LOT different than mine. Whatevs, no reason to go any further. It his. According to him, if Silver Surfer encountered the Justice League + some extra guys, they would be dead within the first 1/100000th of a nano-second. That was his claim a while back.

It was something about blasting down two GLs simultanously, meanwhile while turning his entire body to Kryptonite and twisting Flashes head off, and that was just for starters. A fraction of the time listed above.

On another note, you and Bieb crack me up. big grin

abhilegend
It's just item #76 that shows how comic Surfer and forum Surfer are two different entities. That's been true forever. Fact remains he has the most varied and best feats in his tier, but he's never ever going to be written using more than 1-2 powers in any given fight.
Wurd.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Juntai
It his. According to him, if Silver Surfer encountered the Justice League + some extra guys, they would be dead within the first 1/100000th of a nano-second. That was his claim a while back.

It was something about blasting down two GLs simultanously, meanwhile while turning his entire body to Kryptonite and twisting Flashes head off, and that was just for starters. A fraction of the time listed above.

On another note, you and Bieb crack me up. big grin
but wait...
superman's like ... really fast too and and shoots eye beams!

truly, Surfer's too fast and powerful for half the JLA to remain living after the first 1/100000th of a nano-second.

GLs are going to achieve sod-all against Surfer, he absorbed the blummin' Oan central battery and was but a little dazed by that vast amount of energy. and he's been upgraded since then, as well as given to greater use of his powers.

what's Flash going to do really? out-run surfer? first time Surfer tags him, and he will, end of fight for Flash.

CA is how Surfer knows all he needs know about ALL the JLA, what their energies are, their cellular structure, their weaknesses etc etc ...

if Surfer wanted to get creative, he could simply take Thor into the microverse and there give Thor the Power Cosmic too, as well as resynthesis the Odin Force and add it to his own powers, return to the normal universe (without a second having passed) and obliterate the JLA with 1000000x C hammer strikes.
Originally posted by ultimatethor
n this argument if we put away sentiment for particular characters and groups and simply analyze this fight based on the powers of the characters it is clear that thor and surfer have a good chance of winning and the key is the surfer. On the entire JLA roster presented their are only two real threats (Gls) and one possible but minor threat (MM). Note that the surfer i am describing is one that is not afraid to use his powers to their full potential( sort of like the superman commonly used on this forum) so pls no arguments bringing up situations where the surfer forgot half of his powers should be used. Also arguments that the JLA have defeated more powerful characters than the surfer without taking into consideration the actual events plot twists and circumstances in those fights should also not be used as they are myopic just plain stupid.

The two main factors that will determine whther the surfer and thor can pull this out are
1. Does the team have enough powers
2. How fast can they get the job done

In reply to question one the answer is yes, the surfer alone has enough powers to finish off majority of the above mentioned justice league save the two gls. Superman WW, Batman and flash really are non factors in this fight as the surfer could take all of them out in quick succession in multiple ways. Superman has no chance in hell as surfer could screw with his energies really easily. Wonderwoman would be encased in ethel energy(the same material as his board) and would be done for. The flash and batman are completely helpless. I read somwhere something about the flashes IMP punch doing damage to the surfer. Lets imagine the surfer hitting the flash at light speed. Actually the flash can never get through the surfers force fields no matter what he does. Plus the surfer has sub molecular control. He could on a whim wreck both the flash and batmans molecular structure threby eliminating dem from d fight.
MM is a bit trickier as he is a great telepath but the surfer could KO him with a powerful enough hit(He has koed the hulk) from his board or one of my favourites trap him inside the board

In reply to the second question, how fast can surfer eliminate the other characters aside the gls, he can do it pretty quickly considering that he is far faster than every character here except maybe the flash. Considering that this surfer i am talking about is fighting to his full potential he certainly is not going to dilly dally and allow people much slower dan him to hit im( i.e thing, hulk)
He will display the speed that allowed him to fly to almost every capital city in the world and ATTACK simultaneously all in a matter of seconds threby displaying fantastic non straight line speed and manoeuverability and even hit a being that telports in before he landed during battle. I also read somwhere hear dat superman can move thousands or even millions of time the speed of light. Even if this is true the surfer moves on a different level of speed and is still much faster than superman( 500000 light ears in seconds), searched the entire 616 Universe in seconds) If the surfer fights at the speed which admittedly
he rarely has but( which is mostly due to the lack of need to) but certainly can then he certainly can eliminate majority of this team pretty quickly and have time to assist thor who would be fighting the two gls ( of course he cant win) but will at least be able to hold on until SS comes to provide assistance.

Now this is d final stage of d fight and it will be 2 on two thor and ss vs the two gls. SS is greater than any gl as he has
1. a greater power source
2. Has d slight edge in amount of powers
3. Can last longer without his power short circuiting or running out bcs of over usage or as i have recently heard running out of time
4. Is physically on par with superman and is faster than the gls

Thor IMO is on par with a gl powerwise but can certainly take out kyle(over 5000 years of experience compared to kyle an inexperienced gl) while the surfer takes out hal, However this part of the fight is going to be a cataclysmic battle and thor and surfer winning depends on how fast the surfer rips through the other memebers of the league.

The gls could howver attempt to protect the other memebers of their team but that would distract them from the main fight and leave dem open to attack.

All of the above descriptions of the surfer are while he is going all out ( no jobbing or PIS or CIS ) so pls no counter arguments bringing up
the showings that he did not use his powers to the fullest as they would be utterly absurd i.e armbar from black panther

Thor and surfer may or may not take the majority (IMO they will) but they certainly can take a few fights as the surfer is leaps and bounds ahead of most if not all the JLA members powerwise.

vince_slice
That's not a low showing for Surfer at all. It was basically a telepathic assault by the queen, and when her and Surfer's mind became one, it completely.overwhelmed her and nearly knocked her out.

OneDumbG0
It's just item #76 that shows how comic Surfer and forum Surfer are two different entities. That's been true forever. Fact remains he has the most varied and best feats in his tier, but he's never ever going to be written using more than 1-2 powers in any given fight. #1 That's simply not true.
#2 Usually 1-2 powers is enough in any given fight.

-Pr-
Wow. Your definition of an 'average' Surfer is a LOT different than mine. Whatevs, no reason to go any further.

I've had more than a few of those moments with people on this board, sadly.

Digi
#1 That's simply not true.

So, comic-book Surfer flies around attacking in nanosecond increments with planet-busting blasts, black hole generation in peoples' brains, and instantaneous matter manipulation, and can reform himself from atoms easily? That's as true as Thor creating an absorption bubble around him to counter all energy attacks, while casting multi-directional magic lightning at all foes and transmuting them into air (all within his feats).

There's two versions of most characters here on KMC. Thor's another classic example, since he brawls 99% of the time in his comics and gets hurt by stuff he could easily absorb. Surfer's not the only victim, just one of the more noticeable ones.

OneDumbG0
^ Let me be more specific, the underlined part is simply not true:Originally posted by Digi

Digi
Oh, ok, fair enough. It was to make a point. You can probably find exceptions to the 1-2 powers rule for a lot of characters, Surfer included. It's depressingly true for a LOT of versatile characters, though, but indicative of the disconnect between debates and comics.

I bust out absorption-bubble, lightning action Thor when debates with him get absurd. It's fun. And it also sounds like an action figure:
"NEW FROM HASBRO! ABSORPTION-BUBBLE THOR! NOW WITH AWESOME LIGHTNING ACTION!"
Duh-na-na-na-na *driving bland guitar riff*

OneDumbG0
^ I share your sentiments more than you might know. I might be more strict, even. For instance, I have never once seen J'onn use his telepathy + invisibility + intangibility + superspeed in tandem ever. Like not once. But that's usually how he's presented in vs. threads.

And I simply scoff. I'm not going to say J'onn cannot do all of that simultaneously -- as I've not read anything that suggests he is limited to manifesting only 1-2 powers at a time in an Ultra Boy-fashion. But I won't take for granted that he would or even do it consistently enough to matter for purposes of discussion.

dmills
My respect for surfer suddenly took a dive when someone like supernova can shrug the attacks that injure him.ha-som

Because we all know that Garthan Saal is as soft as tissue paper eek!

abhilegend
^Of course, we all know that.

snowdragon
In an issue didn't Majestic actually melt a creation blade sword with his heat vision saying something like they didn't need so many swords out there?

That said, surfer should win with his possible powers but he could be cut and that is a possibility.

Surfer 7/3

dmills
^Of course, we all know that. But what I'm really saying is that I don't know and this is my way of saying that I want you to educate me

Hmmph...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/679446_o.gif

abhilegend
Hmmph...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/679446_o.gif
Hulk no likes when puny nova fanboy changes hulk's post. HULK SMASH!!11durhulk

dmills
Hulk no likes when puny nova fanboy changes hulk's post. HULK SMASH!!11durhulk

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/steve11810.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.