Void versus Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
The Void at the height of its power versus Parallax.

1.) Hal Parallax (circa Emerald Twilight, no Zero Hour feats for obvious reasons)
2.) Hal Parallax (Geoff Johns' era)
3.) Kyle Parallax
4.) Flash Parallax

-Pr-
1. Hal.
2. Hal.
3. Kyle had almost no feats, so no idea.
4. Did Barry do anything of note?

You left out Blackest Night stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
Eh, Blackest Night would fall under Johns' Era, imo. stick out tongue

Kyle Parallax overpowered Jordan pretty easily and was only beaten through plot device (though that in of itself isn't much). The implication was that Kyle was a superior host body due to his vivid artistic imagination as compared to Hal's.

Barry didn't do much outside of look like a freak, tbh, but I didn't want to leave him out lol

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Eh, Blackest Night would fall under Johns' Era, imo. stick out tongue

Kyle Parallax overpowered Jordan pretty easily and was only beaten through plot device (though that in of itself isn't much). The implication was that Kyle was a superior host body due to his vivid artistic imagination as compared to Hal's.

Barry didn't do much outside of look like a freak, tbh, but I didn't want to leave him out lol

Oh, I'd forgotten about them fighting on Qward... Not bad I suppose.

Starscream M

implications don't mean jack.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M

It depends. Half the comic book power opinions are influenced in some way by implications, if not more than that.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M

Okay?

I didn't say Kyle Parallax > Hal Parallax, I merely stated that the Parallax entity itself felt that Kyle's youthful imagination was a huge boon over Hal's lack of imagination. Considering imagination is a key component when it comes to Green Lantern power rings, just behind willpower, it's a pretty important statement.

Originally posted by -Pr-
It depends. Half the comic book power opinions are influenced in some way by implications, if not more than that.

thumb up

-Pr-
Okay?

I didn't say Kyle Parallax > Hal Parallax, I merely stated that the Parallax entity itself felt that Kyle's youthful imagination was a huge boon over Hal's lack of imagination. Considering imagination is a key component when it comes to Green Lantern power rings, just behind willpower, it's a pretty important statement.

Did he say that to Hal, or to Kyle?

JakeTheBank
Did he say that to Hal, or to Kyle?

He said it to Hal as he was battling him. I think Parallax said that to Kyle himself to within the confines of his mind. Could be wrong about that, though.

-Pr-
He said it to Hal as he was battling him. I think Parallax said that to Kyle himself to within the confines of his mind. Could be wrong about that, though.

Ah. I'll give Parallax the benefit of the doubt, maybe, but I think it also has to be considered that he was just trying to get in to Hal's head too, as he tends to do.

JakeTheBank
Ah. I'll give Parallax the benefit of the doubt, maybe, but I think it also has to be considered that he was just trying to get in to Hal's head too, as he tends to do.

That's how I feel about it, generally.

Parallax is obsessed with Hal. It's almost like a jaded ex-girlfriend who wants to hook up again, but she's crazy as shit.

Or fear demon bug trying to get its host back, same difference.

-Pr-
That's how I feel about it, generally.

Parallax is obsessed with Hal. It's almost like a jaded ex-girlfriend who wants to hook up again, but she's crazy as shit.

Or fear demon bug trying to get its host back, same difference.

laughing out loud

awesome analogy.

carver9
Good fight. Can't think of a way the Lantern can take out Void. If we are using them at their best, Parallax gets turned into a bunch of atoms.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Good fight. Can't think of a way the Lantern can take out Void. If we are using them at their best, Parallax gets turned into a bunch of atoms.

...what? I don't even...

carver9
...what? I don't even...

laughing out loud I have my reasons.

-Pr-
laughing out loud I have my reasons.

How is turning him in to a bunch of atoms going to do anything?

JakeTheBank
Parallax is virtually immortal, just so you know, Carv.

"You are more likely to eradicate the color yellow from reality than you are to eradicate me, Black Lantern. Fear will always exist."

carver9
Parallax is virtually immortal, just so you know, Carv.

"You are more likely to eradicate the color yellow from reality than you are to eradicate me, Black Lantern. Fear will always exist."

I know of the scene but has an attempt like that ever been approached on a character like him? Not to my knowledge. Void is just as powerful imo with endless versatility. Its an amazing fight but Parallax would wear down long before Void imo.

-Pr-
I know of the scene but has an attempt like that ever been approached on a character like him? Not to my knowledge. Void is just as powerful imo with endless versatility. Its an amazing fight but Parallax would wear down long before Void imo.

How?

Parallax is fear incarnate. He can't be killed. Period. You destroy his host, he'll just grab another one.

Hell, I wonder how Void would do against Parallax trying to possess him.

carver9
How is turning him in to a bunch of atoms going to do anything?

Has that ever been attempted on him?

-Pr-
Has that ever been attempted on him?

He's already a bunch of atoms, Carver. That was the joke.

Well, the host is. The entity is pure emotional energy.

carver9
How?

Parallax is fear incarnate. He can't be killed. Period. You destroy his host, he'll just grab another one.

Hell, I wonder how Void would do against Parallax trying to possess him.

There isn't a host for him to grab here and he isn't possessing Void. Once his form is destroyed, there is nothing on the battlefield for him to clinch to "minus Void" and that ain't happening.

JakeTheBank

Well, Parallax itself is an entity from the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Its host body could be destroyed, though we've seen Parallax regenerate nigh instantly from injuries that would have killed a typical human Lantern, but the entity itself couldn't be destroyed unless you literally eradicated fear from all living beings in the universe, which is something I think is beyond Void's scope of power and then some.

Depends on who caves first, imo. Reynolds or Jordan/Rayner/Allen.

JakeTheBank
There isn't a host for him to grab here and he isn't possessing Void. Once his form is destroyed, there is nothing on the battlefield for him to clinch to "minus Void" and that ain't happening.

Robert Reynolds.

carver9
He's already a bunch of atoms, Carver. That was the joke.

Well, the host is. The entity is pure emotional energy.

Ripping him on a molecular level would finish him imo. Lol...I understand what you are saying about atoms.

-Pr-

Why not?

And, like was said, you can't destroy Parallax.

Ripping him on a molecular level would finish him imo. Lol...I understand what you are saying about atoms.

You'd have to prove Parallax could be demolecularised.

Robert Reynolds.

Give this man a cookie.

JakeTheBank

The entity itself or Parallax' host?

carver9
Well, Parallax itself is an entity from the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Its host body could be destroyed, though we've seen Parallax regenerate nigh instantly from injuries that would have killed a typical human Lantern, but the entity itself couldn't be destroyed unless you literally eradicated fear from all living beings in the universe, which is something I think is beyond Void's scope of power and then some.

Depends on who caves first, imo. Reynolds or Jordan/Rayner/Allen.

He somewhat reminds me of Magus. If his host is destroyed, he doesn't have anyone to cling to which is my point. He isn't getting Void. If it was that easy to take Void out, Marvel heros would have attempted that a long time ago.

carver9
The entity itself or Parallax' host?

I was referring to the host the entire time.

-Pr-
He somewhat reminds me of Magus. If his host is destroyed, he doesn't have anyone to cling to which is my point. He isn't getting Void. If it was that easy to take Void out, Marvel heros would have attempted that a long time ago.

I don't see how.

carver9
I don't see how.

You don't see how what?

-Pr-
You don't see how what?

How you can make that comparison.

carver9
How you can make that comparison.

I'm talking about how their powers work...not anything physical or personality wise. Just forget I said that. Void still wins.

JakeTheBank
I'm talking about how their powers work...not anything physical or personality wise. Just forget I said that. Void still wins.

So, iyo, Void beats the Parallax that had the Central Power Battery's energies, too?

And you do think that Zero Hour Parallax, whom I omitted for good reason, definitely beats Void, right? I'm just trying to sense where you scale everybody.

the ninjak
Robert Reynolds.

Long gone. Whatever Robert Reynolds represented has been replaced many times over by multiple personalities that have taken form.

When recently released four of them condensed into the Sentry. One remained..... the Void.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by the ninjak
Long gone. Whatever Robert Reynolds represented has been replaced many times over by multiple personalities that have taken form.

When recently released four of them condensed into the Sentry. One remained..... the Void.

So the human host left in the wasteland of Asgard wasn't Reynolds during "Siege"?

-Pr-

...How?

the ninjak
So the human host left in the wasteland of Asgard wasn't Reynolds during "Siege"?

He was certainly an anchor. The Sentry that is. The others banging at the gates....lol.

Kinda like a personal Lovecraftian tale. Brought out into flesh.

guy222
1. Hal.
2. Hal.
3. Kyle had almost no feats, so no idea.
4. Did Barry do anything of note?

You left out Blackest Night stick out tongue

yes

zeel
this is a stalemate, prolly but the edge goes to the lanterns they are nore powerful then the void.

carver9
So, iyo, Void beats the Parallax that had the Central Power Battery's energies, too?

And you do think that Zero Hour Parallax, whom I omitted for good reason, definitely beats Void, right? I'm just trying to sense where you scale everybody.

Yes...Zero hour Parallax would win. Central power battery Parallax would be one of the harder battles but I keep picturing Void tanking everything MU heroes threw at him during his first visit.

quanchi112
Void wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.