Black Bolt vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
coastal setting

who wins?

guy222
good afternoon

black bolt but the setting is interesting

-Pr-
Black Bolt, unless Arthur can shut him down telepathically.

LordofBrooklyn
Boltagon wins rather easily.

I doubt Aquaman could withstand a single clean shot from Bolt.

-Pr-
He has herald level durability; he could take a whisper i'd say.

Glorificus
Black Bolt stomps.

Sin I AM
hmmm im shocked that people are voting BB so frequently, seeing as how he was affected on multiple occasions by his brothers tp. Plus BB isnt going to use his voice from the jump

-Pr-
So he is vulnerable against telepathy, then?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
So he is vulnerable against telepathy, then?

depends...i mean maximus has affected him an attempted to control him though he has always overcome it. but it could be that their related which is y he was ale to affect him and likewise repel it

i dont know how great authurs tp is.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
depends...i mean maximus has affected him an attempted to control him though he has always overcome it. but it could be that their related which is y he was ale to affect him and likewise repel it

i dont know how great authurs tp is.

pretty decent, actually.

Existere
Black Bolt has also no-sold Max's telepathy, and often Maximus has some sort of mechanical or other aid.

Like Pr said though, it basically works out to how great an edge Aquaman can gain telepathically. If it just slows, distracts or weakens Black Bolt, then I'd vote on the Inhuman, but if Arthur can outright shut him down, then he wins.

Glorificus
Originally posted by Existere
Black Bolt has also no-sold Max's telepathy, and often Maximus has some sort of mechanical or other aid.

Like Pr said though, it basically works out to how great an edge Aquaman can gain telepathically. If it just slows, distracts or weakens Black Bolt, then I'd vote on the Inhuman, but if Arthur can outright shut him down, then he wins.

Arthur's no Emma Frost. I don't see him out-right shutting down the Inhuman's mind before he opens his mouth. Especially when that particular Inhuman has flat out no-sold someone who can enslave entire cities with his mind control. And in that regard, Maximus > Aquaman.

-Pr-
Arthur could take a whisper without being knocked out, imo. Not sure his telepathy (as good as it is, to be fair) will get the job done though.

Glorificus
How's Arthur's resistance against electron manipulation and transmutation?

Black Bolt's not just limited to his voice btw. Just throwing that out.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Glorificus

Black Bolt's not just limited to his voice btw. Just throwing that out.

No idea.

I know he's not limited, but I also don't know how willing he is to switch to exotic stuff quickly. How is he usually?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Glorificus

Black Bolt's not just limited to his voice btw. Just throwing that out. that falls under CIP

quanchi112
BB wins.

Sin I AM
Arthur could take a whisper without being knocked out, imo. Not sure his telepathy (as good as it is, to be fair) will get the job done though.

are u well versed in his feats? how great is his durability to tank a whisper?

-Pr-
are u well versed in his feats? how great is his durability to tank a whisper?

While building the respect thread I've read every comic he's been in post crisis. He took a punch from a pissed off Wonder Woman, a couple from Martian Manhunter, been hit by lightning, had buildings collapse on him, waded through a plasma blast that was aimed at him, tanked blasts from an imperiex probe, and in general is at home in depths that would crush submarines and even crack gl constructs.

He's incredibly tough.

Scoobless
not tough enough.

no expression

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scoobless
not tough enough.

no expression

Taking punches from Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and surviving at many atmospheres of depth that can crack gl constructs isn't enough to survive one whisper?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Aquaman can survive a whisper, he wouldn't be in any real shape to fight, you might as well give Black Bolt the win. At least if it's in decent range.

abhilegend
Spite.

Bouboumaster
Black Bolt ftw

Go back to talk to fish, Aquadouche!

Uriel005
Taking punches from Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and surviving at many atmospheres of depth that can crack gl constructs isn't enough to survive one whisper? blackbolts whispers are above them imo. Honestly the bossman gets lowballed a lot based on a lot of what we've seen. Additionally his power is backed by the emotions behind it so a normal whisper really is nothing compared to an angry whisper unless that got retconned. I don't read too much on BB but there it is.

partiallyinsane
It is also important to note that he is a class 100. He has been shown lifting an entire city block underwater. With the added weight of the water that had to be displaced he was lifting tens of thousands of tons. He is also extremely fast in and out of water. I would say he has a chance to win this with or without tp. With tp the fight is over in seconds...of course he usually uses tp as a last resort so black bolt would have a good chance of taking him out before he decides to use it but then again black bolt generally uses his voice as a last resort so the same can be said for aquaman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Uriel005
blackbolts whispers are above them imo. Honestly the bossman gets lowballed a lot based on a lot of what we've seen. Additionally his power is backed by the emotions behind it so a normal whisper really is nothing compared to an angry whisper unless that got retconned. I don't read too much on BB but there it is.

Ah; I didn't know about the emotional thing.

Scoobless
Taking punches from Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter and surviving at many atmospheres of depth that can crack gl constructs isn't enough to survive one whisper?

I think that is the case, yes. wasn't it just one whisper that took down the Hulk and almost KOd Gladiator?

DarkSaint85
Black Bolt.

But its nice that people here recognise Aquaman's power levels, and put him up against decent oppponents.

-Pr-
I think that is the case, yes. wasn't it just one whisper that took down the Hulk and almost KOd Gladiator?

I honestly don't know; i was only going by what little Black Bolt I've read. If Arthur can't take the hit, then so be it. His telepathy is more impressive than he gets credit for, though.

Sin I AM
the thing is both are underdogs who compete with the big boys on a regular basis. Its just that their powersets are so different from most other heralds and the dont get the respect they deserve.

As far as TP is concerned Ive seen Authur probe Martian Manhunters mind without him knowing, as well as taken control of Clarks body. He's even deevolved sea life with keads me to believe he's capable of devolving humans as well since he can affect humans the same way telepathically as he does fish. His h2h skills aint shabby either, he practically owned Olympian and held his own against Lobo.

BBs feats speak for themselves

-Pr-
When did the J'onn and Clark feats happen?

The devolution was more the water hand, iirc.

Existere
I think that is the case, yes. wasn't it just one whisper that took down the Hulk and almost KOd Gladiator? Yeah, although those whispers took place directly next to their head.

Still, when spoken into the ground, one whisper caused volcanoes and earthquakes on the other side of... whatever planet they were fighting on.

Regardless though, if the telepathy doesn't take him out, Black Bolt wins this without speaking. Black Bolt can go a few rounds of hand to hand with Gladiator and Hulk, Aquaman just doesn't fight on his level.

Sin I AM
When did the J'onn and Clark feats happen?

The devolution was more the water hand, iirc.

probing MMs mind and getting info before he was aware, although Authur states MM is a better tp

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/236/aquamanprobesmartianmanhunter0.jpg/

controlling clark

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5261/dccomicspresents04815au8.jpg

& This is Authur deevolving Shark, it had nothig to do with the water hand, unless your referring to something else.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3056/aquamanv531201vj.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4126/aquamanv531217qn.jpg

Bouboumaster
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/6/5/1/22651_slide.jpg?v=1

-Pr-
probing MMs mind and getting info before he was aware, although Authur states MM is a better tp

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/236/aquamanprobesmartianmanhunter0.jpg/

controlling clark

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5261/dccomicspresents04815au8.jpg

& This is Authur deevolving Shark, it had nothig to do with the water hand, unless your referring to something else.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3056/aquamanv531201vj.jpg

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4126/aquamanv531217qn.jpg

oh ok, i know those. Is that Superman one post crisis though?

Sin I AM
oh ok, i know those. Is that Superman one post crisis though?

i believe so, but not exactly sure, I recently took an interest in Aquaman and have started picking up alotta his old books. A gf of mine said all his feats (even pre-c stuff) is canon and none of it was retconned, but im not sure how true that is.

Uriel005
Ah; I didn't know about the emotional thing. iirc his wife said that if he had been legitimately pissed it would have been a lot worse. forget the exact circumstances.

Q99
While he is really tough, I'd put Aquaman's durability at the level below herald.

He can take the odd shot from a herald, but not as much as a herald can, and less-powerful foes can cause some significant damage to him.

LordofBrooklyn
the thing is both are underdogs who compete with the big boys on a regular basis. Its just that their powersets are so different from most other heralds and the dont get the respect they deserve.

BBs feats speak for themselves

While pre-upgrade Arthur was a clear underdog, Black Bolt was always a beast. It is just that there have been abberations depicting the character in a ridiculously weak and irrational manner.

Black Bolt DOMINATED Savage Hulk with ease. I think that was one of the most brilliant depictions of the character and his full repertoire of abilities.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Q99
While he is really tough, I'd put Aquaman's durability at the level below herald.

He can take the odd shot from a herald, but not as much as a herald can, and less-powerful foes can cause some significant damage to him.

he's held his own against despero...swam threw a plasma blast, and was chilling at depths that were cracking gl constructs...his durability is fine

-Pr-
i believe so, but not exactly sure, I recently took an interest in Aquaman and have started picking up alotta his old books. A gf of mine said all his feats (even pre-c stuff) is canon and none of it was retconned, but im not sure how true that is.

his actual storylines were for the most part canon (the death of his son and losing mera etc), but his feats, I don't know.

He was still more powerful post crisis anyway, so i don't mind.

Originally posted by Uriel005
iirc his wife said that if he had been legitimately pissed it would have been a lot worse. forget the exact circumstances.

Ah ok.

Naija boy
Blackbolt definitely wins this

-Pr-
he's held his own against despero...swam threw a plasma blast, and was chilling at depths that were cracking gl constructs...his durability is fine

i'd rate his durability at low herald, around cl100 personally.

My respect thread is almost done too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.