We don't Really Know Anything Do we ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxVNbZbQ__0

dadudemon
I find this video more appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xCVaKTqb3c

The video presents why "relatively new" and "change-ful" belief systems, like Mormonism and atheism, are so strongly fought against.

What's this? You are forcing me to recognize that there are many faults in my "scripture" and government?

What's this? I cannot arbitrarily deem people are damned?

People do not like change especially if it shows how clearly they were mistaken in their prior beliefs. Paid clergy? Complete bullshit. The need for restricting personal freedoms and comfort in the name of security? Complete bullshit.

The list can go on forever and ever. I like Penn and Teller, BTW. smile Just wish Penn wasn't such an staunch athiest. sad

Mindship
Then we don't really know that, too.

alltoomany
who knows

Lord Lucien
Is that the same guy who's convinced that there are hidden messages in magazine covers a la They Live?

Digi
Gonna need a synopsis before I dive into 90-120 minute videos.

I generally have a hard time stomaching such movies though, having "browsed" them both by jumping around. Not because they don't have some decent points, but because there's almost always an agenda lurking underneath. The skeptic in me is constantly searching for the motive, then I'm disappointed when I find it, because "agendas" are almost exclusively over-the-top. When it's for or against a philosophy, government, religion, etc. the message is generally too harsh to hold up to intense scrutiny.

alltoomany
this kinda reminds me of the movie, Vanilla Sky

Shakyamunison
I think some don't.

alltoomany
i KNOW nothing, i am here on absolute chance! wild guess some rolled a seven

Deja~vu
The more I know, the more I don't like it cause I'm surrounded by stupid people. It makes life pure hell. lol

alltoomany
Originally posted by Deja~vu
The more I know, the more I don't like it cause I'm surrounded by stupid people. It makes life pure hell. lol

Maybe earth is hell or what do they call the middle of heaven and hell?

Deja~vu
Chosing Heaven or Hell on Earth?

alltoomany
why are there mostly men talking about this stuff on youtube?
where are the women with child in toe talking about this stuff? oh that's right its not about her. she cant do what he can

Mindship
Originally posted by alltoomany
why are there mostly men talking about this stuff on youtube?
where are the women with child in toe talking about this stuff? oh that's right its not about her. she cant do what he can We don't really know that, do we?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
We don't really know that, do we?

How would you know? confused

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How would you know? confused It was said on the Internet, so it must be true. smart

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
It was said on the Internet, so it must be true. smart

Well my government implant will not let be disagree with you on that matter. wink

the ninjak

Limbo.

Originally posted by Deja~vu
Chosing Heaven or Hell on Earth?

Depends on your state of mind and circumstance. I've had stages in my life when I undertook great ordeal. And once it was over I missed the struggle. Sometimes heavenly living can be bad on one. So the question is Heavenly living comfortable? or is a comfortable life a lazy one that eventuates in downward spiral into consequence? Balance as always is the key I guess.

Shakyamunison

This is hell and heaven, and 8 other world all rolled up into one world.

Deano
Originally posted by Digi
Gonna need a synopsis before I dive into 90-120 minute videos.

I generally have a hard time stomaching such movies though, having "browsed" them both by jumping around. Not because they don't have some decent points, but because there's almost always an agenda lurking underneath. The skeptic in me is constantly searching for the motive, then I'm disappointed when I find it, because "agendas" are almost exclusively over-the-top. When it's for or against a philosophy, government, religion, etc. the message is generally too harsh to hold up to intense scrutiny.

trust me there is no motive or agenda other than to help people heal.

Digi
Originally posted by Deano
trust me there is no motive or agenda other than to help people heal.

That's also close to the goal of most religions, and the stated goal (or implied) of most political ideologies, if we expand "heal" to simply include general well-being. Good intentions are good. That, however, doesn't turn off my critical faculties.

As mentioned, a synopsis would help. I usually spend 10-15 minutes a day posting on KMC. Long videos I know nothing about aren't in the cards.

Symmetric Chaos
It would be money, I'm sure. Alternative medicine is big businesses.

Deano
Originally posted by Digi
That's also close to the goal of most religions, and the stated goal (or implied) of most political ideologies, if we expand "heal" to simply include general well-being. Good intentions are good. That, however, doesn't turn off my critical faculties.

As mentioned, a synopsis would help. I usually spend 10-15 minutes a day posting on KMC. Long videos I know nothing about aren't in the cards.

yes but religions are full of fear based mind control.

the video i posted is the most neutral you could ever be on a subject

if you watched the video you will be surprised i think

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deano
yes but religions are full of fear based mind control...

hysterical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.