World War Hulk vs Xmen (All)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
During World War Hulk, Hulk takes on every Xmen there's ever been.

Does he still win like he did in WWH?

And if this is too much for him, upgrade him to Worldbreaker.

Stoic
Jean Grey is all that is needed. Dark Phoenix, or any Phoenix for that matter has the power to kill the Hulk.

DarkSaint85
I see BFR is on......

nwg202
legion solos

Sirius77
Hulk gets raped and thrown in a dumpster. I'm not even trying to hate by saying this, but even if it's one by one with complete regeneration after each battle, this is still spite. The same goes for WB.

janus77
Originally posted by Stoic
Jean Grey is all that is needed. Dark Phoenix, or any Phoenix for that matter has the power to kill the Hulk.
didn't Magneto "bottle" Phoenix force Jean?

Hulk would hold up well against her, imo.

I can see some crazy shit being pulled out in a WBH vs The Phoenix Force comic book encounter, certainly wouldn't put it past Hulk to stand his ground (demolishing a whole dimension, multiple times over at that, is pretty damned impressive and somewhat "in the ballpark" of the high-end Phoenix Force avatars).

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77

Are you talking about the encounter they had in Classic X-men? She had put "psionic circuit breakers" on herself after the M'krann Crystal incident to limit herself so she wouldn't go crazy with power.

LordofBrooklyn

Hulk would hold up well against her, imo.

How can any Hulk stand up against a Cosmic force of death?

What is he going to do, punch the Phoenix Force out of Jean?

janus77
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

yes.

LordofBrooklyn
yes.

laughing

Too bad the countless planets that were laid waste by the Phoenix Force didn't think of simple fisticuffs to stop it.

janus77
laughing

Too bad the countless planets that were laid waste by the Phoenix Force didn't think of simple fisticuffs to stop it.
There is only one Hulk in the universe, and he can't be everywhere at all times.

gotta prioritise, Skaar needed dating advice, Rulk needed his back waxed, She-Hulk needed ...

LordofBrooklyn
I don't even think WWH gets through Phoenix- Lite Rachel much less Jean.

janus77
You have no comprehension of the magnitude of The Hulk Force.
The LT's hands are actually Hulk Hands... yes

LordofBrooklyn
You have no comprehension of the magnitude of The Hulk Force.
The LT's hands are actually Hulk Hands... yes

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

janus77
to paraphrase Gandhi ... First they laugh, then they ridicule, then they acknowledge it as long held and widely known truth, HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS yes

LordofBrooklyn
to paraphrase Gandhi ... First they laugh, then they ridicule, then they acknowledge it as long held and widely known truth, HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS yes

He might be beat his mighty Jade ass gets dropped by either Phoenix he encounters.

janus77
Bah! The Phoenix Force is merely a by-product of Gamma radiation.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

Christ.

Hulk dies whether he's Worldbreaker or not.

PillarofOsiris
why not make this more even and say all the x-men there's ever been vs 20 worldbreaker hulks, red hulk, she hulk, red she hulk, skaar, and WAR hulk?

guy222
thank u

put it in the dark dimension where hulk and betty simply wishes em all away and hulk nor betty never dies

b fair to the hulks

Sirius77
Even then they still get stomped by Wanda, Frank, or a number of others...

guy222
they do?

not in the dark dimension they don't

Sirius77
So you don't think that Frank's powers would be enough there? How so?

DarkSaint85
Or HoM Wanda (the OP DID say EVERY X-men there's ever been)? Even in the Dark Dimension (which, btw, is a red herring argument as we have already ascertained that Hulk gets utterly creamed) she should be able to stomp them.

Prep-Man
X-Men.

Mshinu
Hulkie Boy gets turned into a green poochie and lives out his days in Emma`s handbag.

Horrificus

There is no reason to even argue this. Hulk writing is so idiotic that fans will argue the impossible. Eventually, they will have him punch out Eternity or something.
As far as I'm concerned, Hulk stories are all bunk and should be considered outside of continuity.
Collapse a dimension because he's strong. What the hell is that about? It's like something a little kid would write.

Placidity
Originally posted by Horrificus

Collapse a dimension because he's strong. What the hell is that about? It's like something a little kid would write.

What else can they write about? All the guy can do is go rawr rawr rawr and punch things. Yet Marvel is ever so keen on elevating Hulk's status so I'm not surprised when he wins or accomplishes feats simply by virtue of "being strong".

Sirius77
Originally posted by Horrificus
There is no reason to even argue this. Hulk writing is so idiotic that fans will argue the impossible. Eventually, they will have him punch out Eternity or something.
As far as I'm concerned, Hulk stories are all bunk and should be considered outside of continuity.

It was the entire dimension? Wow really?

I see that in close to the same light as Prime torturing Myx tbh. It doesn't really make sense.

carver9
Stop hating on the Hulk. He is just that powerful.

Placidity
Originally posted by carver9
Stop hating on the Hulk. He is just that powerful physically strong.

See I fixed that for you.

Now finish the sentence without sounding like a deluded fanboy:

Hulk is so physically strong, he can __________ an entire dimension with his big muscles.

RE: Blaxican
Not sure why it's even an issue. As comic book fans one would think the masses would be used to people doing stupid shit like that. Retconning punch, anyone?

Sirius77
Was it actually a confirmed dimension, because I just saw a planet and a couple of moons? I'm not arguing, just asking.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by guy222
they do?

not in the dark dimension they don't there is nothing special about the dark dimension other than it lacking innocents, something hulk's apparent code of ethics bans him from outright snuffing out.

iceman24567
Pretty sure it was just the planets and a couple moons

colossulrage
even punching a planet and moon to the point they are destroyed is still ridiculously stupid

vansonbee
Originally posted by colossulrage
even punching a planet and moon to the point they are destroyed is still ridiculously stupid It is.

Regarding the Hulk destroying the planet, it was more of the energy that was produced.

Hulk punches the Earth ground floor, but it will shatter w/o producing anything concrete like the one he did w/ Betty.

DarkSaint85
Haha back when I first joined, there was a similar thread termed WWH vs X-Men rematch. Went on for 30 pages, due to theHulk and carver, but now they're nowhere. Does this mean they accept that tge Hulk cannot simply punch in every fight and auto win?

janus77
Hulk easily liquefies the X-Men, that thread wasn't even a debate.

Hulk is depicted as destroying the Dark Dimension multiple times. Umar also makes reference to it, when she's trying to coax Hulk and Red She-Hulk to leave and go kill 1000x amped up Fin Fang Foom.

The radiating energy wave of the punch between Hulk and Red She-Hulk extended far beyond the planets and annihilated everything in its plane (bar Hulk and Red She-Hulk), they just depict it as expanding out (like Galactus' Annihilation wave counter-blast) and Strange ejecting to Earth.

guy222
hey buddy

then why make a silly thread because u guys don't like hulk

that's stupid

dark dimension he will wish em away pak writes it hulk wins see how easy that is and lets stop with baiting threads before the ultimate mod is made aware of this bull****

guy222
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Haha back when I first joined, there was a similar thread termed WWH vs X-Men rematch. Went on for 30 pages, due to theHulk and carver, but now they're nowhere. Does this mean they accept that tge Hulk cannot simply punch in every fight and auto win?

correction

i made the thread because hulk did stop the xmen and others

i never said hulk punches and gets a win that's as bad as supes speed blitzes for the win and i said last week that's a poor attempt at a win that's not fair

i am saying hulk is powerful and ppl should realize that

guy222
Originally posted by psycho gundam
there is nothing special about the dark dimension other than it lacking innocents, something hulk's apparent code of ethics bans him from outright snuffing out.

answered down

and again all this because others don't like how powerful hulk is

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by guy222
correction

We'll see.

I thought it was Colossus-Big C who made that one, and cdtm who made this one?

But what else does he have? His kicks? You can't give him wishes as part of his standard repertoire....

He IS powerful. Very powerful - I think we all agree on that. In terms of raw physical strength, he is way up there, in fact, he may even be at the top - but I don't want to argue that now. But he is limited, and limited to physical attacks. Animal Man could defeat him, for example. Of course, not in a strength contest, but by bringing other abilities into play - like you yourself say, the Hulk cannot just punch and expect an auto-win.

Placidity
Can we stop using the word "powerful"?

Just call him "physically strong" cause that's all he is. The word 'powerful' used amongst superheroes implies much more, and is misleading when applied to Hulk as we saw a few posts ago.

Silver Surfer is powerful. Green Lantern is powerful. Magneto is powerful. Hulk is not powerful.

Or if you do insist on describing him as such please go on to state how he is "powerful", i.e he is physically strong and nothing else.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Placidity
Can we stop using the word "powerful"?

Just call him "physically strong" cause that's all he is. The word 'powerful' used amongst superheroes implies much more, and is misleading when applied to Hulk as we saw a few posts ago.

Silver Surfer is powerful. Green Lantern is powerful. Magneto is powerful. Hulk is not powerful.

Or if you do insist on describing him as such please go on to state how he is "powerful", i.e he is physically strong and nothing else.

Agreed.

janus77
you're both quite wrong.

Power is just an abstract concept and strength etc are the concrete manifestations of it. Thus it is quite sensible to say that Hulk is very powerful.

Anyway, Hulk's "physically strong" powers don't limit themselves to affecting purely physical challengers nor do they only defend against "purely physical" attacks.

Even as you try and limit him to what you conceive of as basically a brick, you both try and low-ball a very high-end energy attack feat, in which a dimension is destroyed (multiple times). Pretty obvious that you've got issues with on-panel and historical depiction (and conceptualisation) of Hulk.

Placidity

Power is just an abstract concept and strength etc are the concrete manifestations of it. Thus it is quite sensible to say that Hulk is very powerful.

While this isn't incorrect, the problem I have has more to do with when people just say "he is just that powerful" against arguments made from others (as seen earlier).

For example, someone might say Silver Surfer can beat Shadowcat, he is just that powerful. That statement makes perfect sense to most people.

However, when someone says Hulk can beat Shadowcat or he can destroy the universe, he is just that powerful, the reasoning suddenly becomes dubious.

You see using the line "just that powerful" is a way of avoiding the issue altogether. It is obvious how SS can beat Shadowcat or destroy a planet. However, what Hulk fanboys are attempting to do is to pretend that it would be equally as obvious how Hulk would beat Shadowcat or destroy a planet - "he is simply that powerful", and act as if that in itself is sufficient explanation.

janus77
Originally posted by Placidity

You see using the line "just that powerful" is a way of avoiding the issue altogether. It is obvious how SS can beat Shadowcat or destroy a planet. However, what Hulk fanboys are attempting to do is to pretend that it would be equally as obvious how Hulk would beat Shadowcat or destroy a planet - "he is simply that powerful", and act as if that in itself is sufficient explanation.
that whole statement only works with the underlying assumption that Hulk can't do the things he is consistently shown doing with his "physical power".

With Surfer you are assuming some sort of matter manip to over come Shadowcat's phasing are you not? you are assuming that he will have sufficient 'power' to overcome her attempts at such attacks whilst his blasting and matter manipulation powers are far too much for her defences (this all presumes you are not simply suggesting Surfer speedblitz attacks her, something else he is well capable of).

Hulk has a history of high-end matter manipulation resistance, he has a history of blowing apart opponents with ThunderClaps, which have done everything from knocking out high heralds to demolision the Dark Dimension (this, as Savage Hulk, not the more recent examples talked about here)... That would be an obvious demonstration of how he is indeed "that powerful".

On top of all that, we have on panel evidence of Hulk casually shrugging off her attempts to phase him into the ground, it has no physical effect on him, he merely 'breaks free' (he has been shown to be as physically strong and resistant on the molecular level as on the macro level).

Further he does have the power to destroy worlds with ease, as we have seen him do when he cuts loose a little. And on top of that, he is demonstrated as being "functionally immortal" by restoring himself in a weaker incarnation, from mere gamma radiation.

So yes, for the example you put forward, an argument that "Hulk is just that powerful" is as perfectly valid for Hulk as it is for Surfer.

Now if it were Hulk versus UniLord or something, then there would be a case to debate the extent of his powers of recovery and the efficacy of his destructive powers but that's not what you're quibbling about so ...

DarkSaint85
you're both quite wrong.

More than likely. Well, me, in any case. But I'll try and explain my reasoning.

If you read our posts, we DID say that saying the Hulk is powerful isn't wrong per se - I agreed that he is. But there are caveats to his power, in that it is pretty much physical only. IMHO.

Some, that is true. But our statements were more aimed at users like guy and theHulk, who see the Hulk's physical strength as being sufficient to overcome people like classic Dr Strange.

I don't recall low-balling this feat, let alone multiple times - but if you can recall my own actions better than I, feel free to prove me wrong.

guy222
We'll see.

I thought it was Colossus-Big C who made that one, and cdtm who made this one?

But what else does he have? His kicks? You can't give him wishes as part of his standard repertoire....

He IS powerful. Very powerful - I think we all agree on that. In terms of raw physical strength, he is way up there, in fact, he may even be at the top - but I don't want to argue that now. But he is limited, and limited to physical attacks. Animal Man could defeat him, for example. Of course, not in a strength contest, but by bringing other abilities into play - like you yourself say, the Hulk cannot just punch and expect an auto-win.

and good morning

everyone loses supes hulk rider living tribunal thanos squirrel girl etc

that's a moot point i am saying like others in the thread give the cat his due pak wrote it its canon so none of us should b upset by what he accomplished its a reason hulk has been around for years

and no one can say he loses in the dd if he simply wishes em away he can't die his strength is infinite

i don't read animal man stick out tongue

my comparsion bout supes and speed i addressed that last week and its true ppl need to stop saying supes win because he speed blitzes all the time he doesn't do that in the comic i know kmc's rules i have been here for many years i try cases in real life i know how to buck the system stick out tongue

as for hulk i don't give hulk the win because he punches and stomps he's a tremendous foe to anyone i give ghost rider the nod over him animal man prolly does win he's lost to snakes addressed before all character have lost at one point

carver's my pal so naturally can't let anyone pick on em stick out tongue

for the thread hulk wins hulk vs all powerful mutants anyone can agree to disagree

i am goin to help the other threads which get lost exactly like this

Sirius77
I still don't see how it's remotely possible for any version of Hulk to beat every mutant that has ever existed. Is this even being argued anymore?

TheHulk
Whoa!!! @DarkSaint85 I Have No Problem continuing the debate we had!! I mean f*ck carver cause when it comes to a Hulk vs A Team(Avengers etc) thread he is just as useful as using hands to move a tree. So u wanna debate I'm right here.

Sirius77
So do people legitimately think that a team of Hulks can beat every mutant that has ever existed?

carver9
More than likely. Well, me, in any case. But I'll try and explain my reasoning.

If you read our posts, we DID say that saying the Hulk is powerful isn't wrong per se - I agreed that he is. But there are caveats to his power, in that it is pretty much physical only. IMHO.

Some, that is true. But our statements were more aimed at users like guy and theHulk, who see the Hulk's physical strength as being sufficient to overcome people like classic Dr Strange.

I don't recall low-balling this feat, let alone multiple times - but if you can recall my own actions better than I, feel free to prove me wrong.

So is HP Doomsday powerful to you?

carver9
Originally posted by TheHulk
Whoa!!! @DarkSaint85 I Have No Problem continuing the debate we had!! I mean f*ck carver cause when it comes to a Hulk vs A Team(Avengers etc) thread he is just as useful as using hands to move a tree. So u wanna debate I'm right here.

I know Hulk limit and I can't see him beating every mutant on the planet. It depends on how Hulk fights and I can't see him taking out a Earth just to kill everyone and that's exactly what he will have to do in order to beat every XMen.

Sirius77
I know Hulk limit and I can't see him beating every mutant on the planet. It depends on how Hulk fights and I can't see him taking out a Earth just to kill everyone and that's exactly what he will have to do in order to beat every XMen.

So you think that he can beat legion? Pheonix? How?

DarkSaint85
So is HP Doomsday powerful to you?

Physically powerful? Sure. All-round powerful? No. I mean, he has that nifty 'evolve past what kills him' ability, but he's no Resurrection Man. And he has some bone claws I guess...

Actually, scratch that. He's > bone-claw Wolverine, therefore he's teh most awesomest character evah!

carver9
Originally posted by Sirius77
So you think that he can beat legion? Pheonix? How?

I wouldn't consider Phoenix an XMen. No, he can not beat Legion.

carver9
Physically powerful? Sure. All-round powerful? No. I mean, he has that nifty 'evolve past what kills him' ability, but he's no Resurrection Man. And he has some bone claws I guess...

Actually, scratch that. He's > bone-claw Wolverine, therefore he's teh most awesomest character evah!

That's the thing though...Hulk is much more than just a physical character.

DarkSaint85
I wouldn't consider Phoenix an XMen. No, he can not beat Legion.

Not even when Jean got that white and gold costume?

DarkSaint85
That's the thing though...Hulk is much more than just a physical character.

But his other abilities (grabbing energy fields etc, for example) is simply another manifestation of his great strength. The nergy leeching off his body, is another by product - he doesn't fire off energy blasts like Captain Atom, for example.

Or does he, its been a while since I read HotM....

carver9
Not even when Jean got that white and gold costume?

You'll have to look directly at her high showings and ignore everything else surrounding that form of Phoenix. She was powerful but she wasn't a fraction of what the Phoenix is.

carver9
But his other abilities (grabbing energy fields etc, for example) is simply another manifestation of his great strength. The nergy leeching off his body, is another by product - he doesn't fire off energy blasts like Captain Atom, for example.

Or does he, its been a while since I read HotM....

Lol...yes, that was one of the main things I was talking about...current Hulk is shooting out radiation thats powerful enough to knock Heralds on their a**. He also used it after his Sentry fight. He has used it for form an OMNI around his body that was leveling the city right beside him and he was a couple of miles away from it.

DarkSaint85
Lol...yes, that was one of the main things I was talking about...current Hulk is shooting out radiation thats powerful enough to knock Heralds on their a**. He also used it after his Sentry fight. He has used it for form an OMNI around his body that was leveling the city right beside him and he was a couple of miles away from it.

But does he shoot it like streams from his hands, directing it? Or is it excess waste energy bleeding off his body in a radius around him?

I mean, I sweat as a byproduct of my exertions, and if I 'flung' myself, I could probably omni flick beads of sweat off me - but I won't really say that I'm able to shoot water from my hands, you get me?

carver9
But does he shoot it like streams from his hands, directing it? Or is it excess waste energy bleeding off his body in a radius around him?

I mean, I sweat as a byproduct of my exertions, and if I 'flung' myself, I could probably omni flick beads of sweat off me - but I won't really say that I'm able to shoot water from my hands, you get me?

Why would he need to shoot it as beams? If that's what you want then yes, he shot it as beams during World at War. It doesn't matter though, he has energy projection which is my point. Then that doesn't include the fact that he can basically absorb all forms of energy, INCLUDING cosmic powers. Him being able to adapt, grabbing intangible beings, growing gills, the guy was shrunk to the size of a baby and grew back under his own will. That doesn't include his healing factor or his ability to jump from 0 to trillions in strength in less than a second.

DarkSaint85
Why would he need to shoot it as beams? If that's what you want then yes, he shot it as beams during World at War. It doesn't matter though, he has energy projection which is my point. Then that doesn't include the fact that he can basically absorb all forms of energy, INCLUDING cosmic powers. Him being able to adapt, grabbing intangible beings, growing gills, the guy was shrunk to the size of a baby and grew back under his own will. That doesn't include his healing factor or his ability to jump from 0 to trillions in strength in less than a second.

Reason why I asked about shooting it as beams was I was simply wondering if he could direct and control it. The other powers (gills/intangible grabbing etc) are still extensions of his physical power.

Don't get me wrong, he's strong - I'm not lowballing it. Ok, if strength is equalised, who would win, Surfer or Hulk? Start at the same strength level, and no amping of physical stats allowed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.