Xmen vs Avenegrs: Captain America vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Xmen vs Avengers

Captain America

vs.

Cyclops

guy222
hope cyke wins

-Pr-
Cyclops imo.

the Darkone
Cyc might win due to his optic blast and he is pretty good h2h combatant, but cap gets in close for h2h cyc is f**ked!

-Pr-
Unless Cyclops uses his blasts at close range.

the Darkone
Originally posted by -Pr-
Unless Cyclops uses his blasts at close range.

true that, but this cap we are talking about. Cap can kno cyc with nerve strike! I guess wait and see, but I feel there will be a lot of pis in this arch!

-Pr-
Like Cyclops not hitting the one part of his body cap can't possibly shield? stick out tongue

Lord Feron
Tough call, might side with cyke.

guy222
thumb up

the shield is the key

Glorificus
If Cyke goes all out and takes his visor off, I don't see Cap blocking that AOE blast with a shield that doesn't cover his entire body.

One good Off My Lawn blast, and it should send Cap skyward.

-Pr-
Originally posted by guy222
thumb up

the shield is the key

the shield can be got around stick out tongue

OneDumbG0
^ the beams can be defended through stick out tongue

guy222
and cyke has shiny eyebeams laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Cyclops should win, but I hate that douchebag, so I say Captain America ftw!

Sr J-Bieb
Cap throws his shield in a wide radius so it comes back and knocks the back of Scott's face clean off. All the while dodging Cyke's eyebeams like nothing.

vansonbee
Cyclops has pull crazy stunts against impossible odds. He's gonna dog Steve like he did to Norman.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by vansonbee
Cyclops has pull crazy stunts against impossible odds. He's gonna dog Steve like he did to Norman. Good point, this is impossible odds against Cyke, and that's when he's at his best.

Still, Cap. If he can beat Molecule Man, he can beat Scott.

janus77
Cyclops wins, just needs to fire off a sortie of optic blasts at various angles, bouncing off of surfaces and such to tag Cap and follow up with a killer blast.

either that or just to one huge OB and get it over and done with.

the ninjak
Logic dictates Scott should win. But dat shield.

aztec
Cyclops

JakeTheBank
Final Justice.

/thread.

Blair Wind
Get off my lawn - OPTIC BLAST!

/thread.

Parmaniac
Is this going to be an event or just a short 1 or 2 issue story?

Because honestly I'd like to see this Avengers vs. X-Men a bit dragged out.

As for the thread the standard forum setting heavily favors Scott. If it gets H2H I'll side with Rogers.

blue_beast
Cyclops, lets be fair the shield cant defend the entire body of steve, if cyclops does his all out blast it will hurt either steve's legs or his head either way he is not defending against a full optic blast, i know cap can curl like a turtle behind that shield as silly as it sounds but i dont think he is fast enough to go into this position before cyclops simply shoot his beam, besides how will cap even know cyclops is going all out? also cyclops is a master of angles he can shoot all kind of objects to reflect the blasts behind cap or to his sides cyclops did it many times before.

even in H2H situation dont discount cyclops so fast, while in H2H steve will win most of the fights but its not that easy as people believe, cyclops recently gave wolverine a fight after being stabbed by wolverine knocked him off with a back fist to an adamantium skull, cyclops overall got skills and insane damage soak he is no push over even for steve

Mshinu
Wide angle blast, bye bye Cap. Or atleast bye bye Cap`s legs. Too bad Steve doesn`t know the blind spot like Wolverine did.

DTM
Cyclops is one of my favorite all time XMen, but Cap hands it to him a good deal more than not, IMO. The shield is a perfect foil for Cykes blasts, and mentally and physically, Cap is everything Cyke is, and More.

Eon Blue
Split

SamZED
^Cap's head is going to. That is if Scott wont hold back.

leonidas
i doubt cyke would go all out with cis on. has anyone ever deflected his blast back at him? what if cap deflected it back at his visor/eyes?

basilisk
I'm kind of hoping Cap punches Cyclops in the face so hard that Scott's teeth are knocked down his throat, and Cap has to carry him to the dentist afterwards. Just to teach Cyclops a lesson about the current direction of his moral compass.

But I don't think it will happen in the actual comic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.