Superman (all out with speed) vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PillarofOsiris
I'm not going to come down on any side here, I'm just curious as to what most people here think. The stips of this fight are simple:

Superman starts out 100 yards away from the team. He will fight strategically, using his greatest speed right off the bat, and throughout the whole fight will try to speed blitz, and will not be holding back in terms of strength in any of his punches either. He's going for the kill.

(Now please keep in mind what I said about Superman using his speed here TO ITS MAXIMUM POTENTIAL, that's the key to this battle).

Superman vs Worldbreaker Hulk, Thor, Black Bolt

NO BFR

I want to be clear here, in any normal comic I don't think Superman has any chance in hell here, but I think these stips COULD make this an interesting fight. What do you guys think?

JakeTheBank
*in before h1*

Superman 10/10 in a spite stomp is the correct answer I'm guessing.

-Pr-
Superman dies.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman dies.

Not disagreeing with you, but which member of the team do you think gives Supes the biggest issues?

-Pr-
Thor. Black Bolt's ability to do large area blasts isn't going to help either.

I mean, against any one of those people I'd back Superman, but against all three? Big mountain to climb.

carver9
Everyone here has powerful omni blast that can be used to stagger Superman. This isn't a good thread at all.

quanchi112
Team wins.

guy222
nothing wrong when a fan fave admits his guy loses

team wins

Nietzschean
What is the fastest speed blitz attack that superman has preform in comics?
I normally never viewed it as being flash lvl ftl attack on earth not sure about space. normally he is just depicted with a few after images but, no speed is readily given.

I wanna say Superman if he Fights at light speed ala flash.

D-Block
Teams wins

SquallX
Originally posted by Nietzschean
What is the fastest speed blitz attack that superman has preform in comics?
I normally never viewed it as being flash lvl ftl attack on earth not sure about space. normally he is just depicted with a few after images but, no speed is readily given.

I wanna say Superman if he Fights at light speed ala flash.

One of his best one is blitzing Imperiex Prime.

But his most impressive one was blitzing the shit out of Doomsday Rex. Using his speed, he even became intangible.

PillarofOsiris
Rebuilding a city was a good one too.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Rebuilding a city was a good one too.

laughing out loud

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

What's so funny?

Stoic
looks like everyone is getting their butts kicked this month. The Hulk just got flattened by Super Psycho Banner.

dmills
Originally posted by Stoic
looks like everyone is getting their butts kicked this month. The Hulk just got flattened by Super Psycho Banner.

Well here's some consolation. I asked Tom Brevoort on his formspring if he thought the Worldbreaker Hulk could beat the Supernova. He said yes. Generally I take that stuff with a grain of salt, but since he was the editor of that New Warriors book it holds at least some weight.

carver9
Originally posted by SquallX
What's so funny?

It was proven like 2 days ago that Superman was amped when he did this.

carver9

He hit him with some type of unknown tech that probably dampened his powers.

@Dmills...I know Nova is Super Nova but what's the difference between Nova Prime and Super Nova?

dmills
He hit him with some type of unknown tech that probably dampened his powers.

@Dmills...I know Nova is Super Nova but what's the difference between Nova Prime and Super Nova?

Richard Rider had a power governer. Garthan Saal didn't.

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
Richard Rider had a power governer. Garthan Saal didn't.

So its nova using the full force?

Stoic
Well here's some consolation. I asked Tom Brevoort on his formspring if he thought the Worldbreaker Hulk could beat the Supernova. He said yes. Generally I take that stuff with a grain of salt, but since he was the editor of that New Warriors book it holds at least some weight.

laughing gotcha. In other words, Super Psycho Banner is greater than Super Nova. Gotta see how this continues to unfold. They took a couple of steps backwards with Portacio doing the art though.

Stoic

Without aid Saal went berserk and crazy.

carver9
Without aid Saal went berserk and crazy.

Yeah, that's the one that was taking on Firelord along with other Heralds and flinged Firelord across a solar system. WBH is just raw power imo. I wonder if someone asked Pak if WBH could beat Zeus.

dmills

More or less.

dmills
laughing gotcha. In other words, Super Psycho Banner is greater than Super Nova. Gotta see how this continues to unfold. They took a couple of steps backwards with Portacio doing the art though.

I'm interested to see where it goes. I'm still waiting for Marvel to give me a reason to add one of their books to my pull list. A few years ago I had quite a few series from them on pull, Nova, Gotg, Atlas, Thunderbolts, Immortal Iron fist, S.W.O.R.D.

I was looking at actually pulling Rulk's book, but he's still doing a mea culpa. Hopefully Parker will begin allowing him to have some balls again soon.

Stoic
I'm interested to see where it goes. I'm still waiting for Marvel to give me a reason to add one of their books to my pull list. A few years ago I had quite a few series from them on pull, Nova, Gotg, Atlas, Thunderbolts, Immortal Iron fist, S.W.O.R.D.

I was looking at actually pulling Rulk's book, but he's still doing a mea culpa. Hopefully Parker will begin allowing him to have some balls again soon.

Rulk needs his own team,and he needs to dress like a General, not a savage slob. I have the same opinion of an intelligent Hulk wearing rags. The look that he had when he faced off against the Offenders, was dead on, minus the bare belly sissy shirt. Perhaps if I ever get the time I'll sketch and ink a garb for the Hulk, and send it to Marvel and see if it takes. The worse was his spandex tights, I mean how do you go from armor to tights?

h1a8
In a comic Superman gets stomp. Now most of you are going to let me have it but I will say this.

Superman's HV at full intensity has been seen to go through Kryptonians (even himself) like paper.

Also, Superman has quantifiable feats of more than 80 Earth weights of force. That's right.
1 Earth weight is more than 6 sextillion tons. That is a 6 followed by 21 zeros. But more than 80 of them!

Finally, Superman can literally cover 100 yards before any of the characters can move a decent 1 foot. He can appear right behind them and let them have it.

With that said,
Superman using his maximum potential of highest strength and highest hv and highest freeze breath with no holding back one shots both Blackbolt and Thor and then beats the hell out of WBH.

Now you guys, let me have it.

dmills
Rulk needs his own team,and he needs to dress like a General, not a savage slob. I have the same opinion of an intelligent Hulk wearing rags. The look that he had when he faced off against the Offenders, was dead on, minus the bare belly sissy shirt. Perhaps if I ever get the time I'll sketch and ink a garb for the Hulk, and send it to Marvel and see if it takes. The worse was his spandex tights, I mean how do you go from armor to tights?

And when you do, could you also petition them to let Rulk have some balls again? We've forgiven them for loeb-force. Sheesh.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
In a comic Superman gets stomp. Now most of you are going to let me have it but I will say this.

Superman's HV at full intensity has been seen to go through Kryptonians (even himself) like paper.

Also, Superman has quantifiable feats of more than 80 Earth weights of force. That's right.
1 Earth weight is more than 6 sextillion tons. That is a 6 followed by 21 zeros. But more than 80 of them!

Finally, Superman can literally cover 100 yards before any of the characters can move a decent 1 foot. He can appear right behind them and let them have it.

With that said,
Superman using his maximum potential of highest strength and highest hv and highest freeze breath with no holding back one shots both Blackbolt and Thor and then beats the hell out of WBH.

Everyone...if possible, can you please not respond to this post.

CosmicComet
Superman fans out his HV as wide and thin as possible and cuts all these mothafukkaz in half.

abhilegend
It was proven like 2 days ago that Superman was amped when he did this.
By cdtm posting an out of context scan?

carver9
Yeah, the scan that stated he was amped.

abhilegend
Pure speculation on Jor-el's part. He was just extrapolating on the effect of red sun on kryptonians as he didn't have any data on blue suns. Add in the fact that superman was struggling with a bunch of bizzaro clones whom bizzaro doomsday killed in one punch and supergirl recieving no upgrade on bizzaro world, this is proved to be just a speculation. Of course cdtm wouldn't post that scan. Read action 855.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Pure speculation on Jor-el's part. He was just extrapolating on the effect of red sun on kryptonians as he didn't have any data on blue suns. Add in the fact that superman was struggling with a bunch of bizzaro clones whom bizzaro doomsday killed in one punch and supergirl recieving no upgrade on bizzaro world, this is proved to be just a speculation. Of course cdtm wouldn't post that scan. Read action 855.

Gotcha.

From now on I will ignore when it is stated on panel that someone is amped.

Thanks for the help.

Stoic

With that said,

I'm not going to give it to you, but I'm still trying to understand where you're coming up with all of those Earth weights, and whether or not you're thinking too deeply about a particular feat? It is also a well known fact (unless it has been retconned away) that Superman when in flight, and towing an enormous payload, that it is not solely a strength feat, but that he simply braces the weight, and lets his control over gravity do the rest (I mean his super flight ability).

Uriel005
I mean supes can seal holes in reality with heatvision but even sans a bfr Black Bolt could and would get insta killed and Supes could take the fight to space where hulk would be useless. Not in the BFR move to space but drag hulk with him along with Thor and negate Hulk in terms of combat viability. Then it would turn into a thor vs superman. But speed alone wouldn't seal the deal for supes against CIS on team. Black bolt gets ko'd early though and Supes definitely makes a fight of it.

Biggest deciding factor would be if thor can slow superman down long enough for the other two to get in their shots.

abhilegend
Gotcha.

From now on I will ignore when it is stated on panel that someone is amped.

Thanks for the help.
You already do. Need I quote Nul vs hulk thread?

Stoic
Originally posted by Uriel005
I mean supes can seal holes in reality with heatvision but even sans a bfr Black Bolt could and would get insta killed and Supes could take the fight to space where hulk would be useless. Not in the BFR move to space but drag hulk with him along with Thor and negate Hulk in terms of combat viability. Then it would turn into a thor vs superman. But speed alone wouldn't seal the deal for supes against CIS on team. Black bolt gets ko'd early though and Supes definitely makes a fight of it.

Biggest deciding factor would be if thor can slow superman down long enough for the other two to get in their shots.

Are you serious? Superman has no chance in hell against this team, come on dude. Black Bolt went toe to toe with Gladiator, and for a moment had the upper hand. Thor can dance with Superman on his own, and World Breaker Hulk... I don't think he is limited to popping just one world. This team would murder Superman. We aren't talking about Synnar or Tyrant here, this is Superman, the guy that had trouble with Wonder Woman while going all in during Sacrifice. Don't even call that a low ball, or bad showing.

abhilegend
^And who oneshotted the same wonder woman not even attacking her in FC 6. Don't call it a high feat. How's anyone touching kal here, he can just vibrate through any of their attack.

Uriel005
^And who oneshotted the same wonder woman not even attacking her in FC 6. Don't call it a high feat. How's anyone touching kal here, he can just vibrate through any of their attack. now this isn't right I think the team does take it.. pretty handily at that I just think that Kal puts up a good fight.

abhilegend
^I am just playing. Kal can IMP them too.

Stoic
^And who oneshotted the same wonder woman not even attacking her in FC 6. Don't call it a high feat. How's anyone touching kal here, he can just vibrate through any of their attack.

Two can play at that game, Thor could surround the team in an impenetrable vortex, and Superman wouldn't be able to get in either. We know that's not the way that any of these guys fight though, we also have no idea if Thor's magics could not hit Superman while in a state of vibration by matching his frequency. It's magic after all. One shotting Wonder Woman isn't going to work against WB Hulk, and then he has to deal with Black Bolt, who like I said before made Gladiator work, and like Superman, he can also vibrate, and fight at hyper speeds. This team would beat Superman. The hill is just too steep.

carver9
now this isn't right I think the team does take it.. pretty handily at that I just think that Kal puts up a good fight.

What's World Breaker limit when it comes to even getting an acknowledgement while punching him. WBH was TANKING punches from being that are equal in strength to Savage Hulk who is clearly equal to Superman. He stood there and withstood their attacks as if it was ants punching him.

Anyone on this team can pull wins from Superman...WBH would decimate him imo. This fight isn't fair.

carver9
Everyone here has omni blast.

Uriel005
What's World Breaker limit when it comes to even getting an acknowledgement while punching him. WBH was TANKING punches from being that are equal in strength to Savage Hulk who is clearly equal to Superman. He stood there and withstood their attacks as if it was ants punching him.

Anyone on this team can pull wins from Superman...WBH would decimate him imo. This fight isn't fair. lol no

Stoic

Not just that, but Black Bolts scream could probably hit Superman even while vibrating. After all he's still there, he's just in a state of flux.

abhilegend
^ Superman has shattered the body of soulfire darkseid who battled soul of orion with half the soulfire formula, koed PC mon el in a single slam, survived source wall exploding, survived a sun eater collapsing on him, survived 50 supernovas while weakened etc. These chumps have no chance of tagging him. We ard talking about a guy who can catch flash and stop professor zoom in mid blitz. Lulz at comparing black bolt and superman's speed. Oh and kal has koed Lobo and Valor simultaneously.

Stoic
^ Superman has shattered the body of soulfire darkseid who battled soul of orion with half the soulfire formula, koed PC mon el in a single slam, survived source wall exploding, survived a sun eater collapsing on him, survived 50 supernovas while weakened etc. These chumps have no chance of tagging him. We ard talking about a guy who can catch flash and stop professor zoom in mid blitz. Lulz at comparing black bolt and superman's speed. Oh and kal has koed Lobo and Valor simultaneously.

The Lobo head butt into Val yep not impressed. PC has been brought down a peg since the old days. Mon is just not the beast that he was 35 years ago, nor is Validus, and many others. Shattering Soulfire Darkseid's non corporeal frame during DOTNG looked great, but it was not a quantifiable feat, because we can't really tell how durable he was in that state, however he had to be less durable than he was in a normal state, because this is something that Superman could never do when Darkseid was in a normal state. All of the things mentioned are cool and all of that jazz, but the fact still remains that Mjolnir's top flight speeds are greater than Superman's. Superman also can not be in two places at once, not to mention three. If you think he wins against this team you may be tossing a low ball without fully realizing it, because this team has some pretty spectacular feats of their own. Black Bolts power was the reason behind the Fault, that alone should tel you that even vibrating Superman would more than likely be hit by his shout. Like I said before, the hill is simply too steep for him to win.

carver9
He never tanked 50 super novas.

Uriel005
He never tanked 50 super novas. entropy >>> any number of supernovas

Stoic
entropy >>> any number of supernovas

I missed the issues that character were exiled to Entropy aside from Hunter Prey, but even then I still didn't know the full effects of being exiled there. What are it's effects?

Spire
Superman.

abhilegend
The Lobo head butt into Val yep not impressed. PC has been brought down a peg since the old days. Mon is just not the beast that he was 35 years ago, nor is Validus, and many others. Shattering Soulfire Darkseid's non corporeal frame during DOTNG looked great, but it was not a quantifiable feat, because we can't really tell how durable he was in that state, however he had to be less durable than he was in a normal state, because this is something that Superman could never do when Darkseid was in a normal state. All of the things mentioned are cool and all of that jazz, but the fact still remains that Mjolnir's top flight speeds are greater than Superman's. Superman also can not be in two places at once, not to mention three. If you think he wins against this team you may be tossing a low ball without fully realizing it, because this team has some pretty spectacular feats of their own. Black Bolts power was the reason behind the Fault, that alone should tel you that even vibrating Superman would more than likely be hit by his shout. Like I said before, the hill is simply too steep for him to win.
Are you talking about the same valor who transported a star to another solar system and killed time trapper and was tossing moons at him in that fight? I don't know what would take to impress you. Lulz at lowballing darkseid feat considering he was pwning The source and battled soul of orion with half the soulfire formula undamaged. He can go intangible at will
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/intangiblemongul.jpg
None of them are touching him.

abhilegend
He never tanked 50 super novas.
According to who?

DARTH POWER

But they will have to be careful with Omni blasts not to hit each other.

This isnt one on one after all. Supes speed in a 3 vs 1 could prove more useful than in a one on one situation.

So I say he puts up a better fight than most think here. But he still loses.

Lol it used to be 50 Earth weights. Having trouble with your maths equations h1a8??

Magnon
Superman wins.

Black Bolt isn't durable enough to tank even a single full-out punch from the Superman, Thor dies quickly to heat vision, and Hulk goes down soon after to a ruthless flurry of devastating attacks.

PillarofOsiris
Two can play at that game, Thor could surround the team in an impenetrable vortex, and Superman wouldn't be able to get in either. We know that's not the way that any of these guys fight though.

Understood, but the stips of this fight say nothing about CIS with regards to the team, while Superman is using his speed first and foremost. So, granted its not how Superman usually fights, but that's how he is in this scenario.

PillarofOsiris

How fast can they use them? How fast do the blasts move? Keep in mind how far apart they start and that Superman is using his speed right off the bat.

DARTH POWER
How fast can they use them? How fast do the blasts move?

Well in Thor's case, Speed of Thought for the first (Thor's thoughts mind you, not the speed thought for a regular human), and Speed of Light for the second.

Stoic
Understood, but the stips of this fight say nothing about CIS with regards to the team, while Superman is using his speed first and foremost. So, granted its not how Superman usually fights, but that's how he is in this scenario.

In the case of WB Hulk, I doubt that a flurry of Super Speed punches are putting him down. Forces greater than what he shows on average were unable to effect him on a physical level, and I'm not talking about the heavy hits that he took from 3 class 100's, but the destructive impact that was able to turn more than one planet to dust. This battle however hinges on the fact that fighting in tandem with partners may hinder the amount that he can amp, unless Thor shield himself and Black Bolt from the Hulk going completely berserk.

Are you talking about the same valor who transported a star to another solar system and killed time trapper and was tossing moons at him in that fight? I don't know what would take to impress you. Lulz at lowballing darkseid feat considering he was pwning The source and battled soul of orion with half the soulfire formula undamaged. He can go intangible at will
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/intangiblemongul.jpg
None of them are touching him.

Soulfire Darkseid's body was composed of an unknown substance, which was not me low balling but stating that it can not be used, because no one knows how tough his body was. Superman himself seemed surprised that he was easily able to fracture him in that way, and fear for Darkseids mortality. I would agree somewhat with you, but Superman has fought Darkseid before this, and knew how hard to generally hit Darkseid under normal conditions. As I said before, this is an unquantifiable feat, because Darkseid under normal conditions would not have shattered from such an impact.

The Lobo & Val head bump was a low showing of both characters involved, which is why I wasn't impressed not that I was low-balling the feat. You know as well as i do that Lobo has a ridiculous damage soak, and should have never been KO'd, by a head shot of this caliber.

abhilegend
In the case of WB Hulk, I doubt that a flurry of Super Speed punches are putting him down. Forces greater than what he shows on average were unable to effect him on a physical level, and I'm not talking about the heavy hits that he took from 3 class 100's, but the destructive impact that was able to turn more than one planet to dust. This battle however hinges on the fact that fighting in tandem with partners may hinder the amount that he can amp, unless Thor shield himself and Black Bolt from the Hulk going completely berserk.

Soulfire Darkseid's body was composed of an unknown substance, which was not me low balling but stating that it can not be used, because no one knows how tough his body was. Superman himself seemed surprised that he was easily able to fracture him in that way, and fear for Darkseids mortality. I would agree somewhat with you, but Superman has fought Darkseid before this, and knew how hard to generally hit Darkseid under normal conditions. As I said before, this is an unquantifiable feat, because Darkseid under normal conditions would not have shattered from such an impact.

The Lobo & Val head bump was a low showing of both characters involved, which is why I wasn't impressed not that I was low-balling the feat. You know as well as i do that Lobo has a ridiculous damage soak, and should have never been KO'd, by a head shot of this caliber.
You are doing what you are trying to deny i.e. Lowballing. Darkseid was amped with soulfire formula and there is no indication that it lowered his durability considering that he shrugged off Source's attacks and battled with soul of orion with just half the formula and was undamaged. They were releasing so much energy that superman couldn't go there in fear he might did. You would be right if Kal hasn't already koed valor with a single slam and nearly killed lobo with a single punch. Now you would try to tell me that every time superman has a high showing it's a low showing for others, right.

-Pr-
Pretty much everyone: Stop trolling. If you think I'm not talking to you, it goes double for you.

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

Team.

TheHulk
Team 8/10

carver9
Team doesn't lose not a single match.

h1a8
Superman wins a majority.

Parmaniac
Everyone here has powerful omni blast that can be used to stagger Superman. This isn't a good thread at all. Yeah and the best thing about omnidirectional blasts is that you don't hurt your team members laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Yeah and the best thing about omnidirectional blasts is that you don't hurt your team members laughing out loud

Depends on the distance. If Superman attacks either of them and is hit by it (which would stagger him)...it leaves a huge opening which depending on the character could lead to an auto defeat.

h1a8
Depends on the distance. If Superman attacks either of them and is hit by it (which would stagger him)...it leaves a huge opening which depending on the character could lead to an auto defeat.
The team is close together and Superman is 100 yards from the team. So any omnidirectional blasts will definitely hit the team mates worsting. their chances.

The problem here is that Superman is not only fast to snuff an attack in before any omnidirectional attack is launched (even with hv) but he can go intangible too. We are using Superman at his highest potential. So that means he one shot kill Black Bolt with 50 planetary force punch or a hv blast through the brain or heart, possibly one shot ko Thor with a 50 Earth weight punch, and definitely beat Hulk while hulk is a statue.

You seem to boast about Hulk's strength feats, well don't ignore Superman's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.