Ultron vs. Kang vs. Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
The three most influential and enduring rogues of Earth's Mightiest Heroes face off. Which villain takes it?

1.) Standard random encounter. (Classic Loki)

2.) Prep War.

3.) Which of the three is the most dangerous opponent to the Avengers?

Stoic
Ultron in all three. Heroic Age has Ultron winning a war with Kang. Loki may win a prep war, but Ultron is more of a threat to the Avengers, and I'm pretty sure that it would defeat either Kang or Loki in a battle.

h1a8
Loki definitely wins the prep one IMO
Ultron has the best chance in 1 and 3 though

zopzop
1) Loki (magic > all)
2) Kang (this plays in the Timestream like it's his personal pond, giving him prep time is scarey)
3) Ultron (he's wrecked them multiple times)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, I'm giving Loki odds over Ultron in a battle. Especially since we've directly seen him manipulate/warp Adamantium with ease, which is basically the main thing Ultron has going for him.

Prep war is trickier but I'll probably give it to Loki as well. The third scenario is really a toss up between all three. I'd probably give it to Loki if Thor isn't on the line up. Fun fact: Iron Man flew away from Ultron when Loki appeared because he was a larger priority once.

Gotta be honest, Thor's constant smash and bash routine against Ultron at this point is just plain annoying. Not only does his spend most battles against the character just floating around, he hasn't used an ounce of actual versatility.

Blair Wind
I've never seen or known why Ultron is such a high threat.

Personally, I think Loki wins 1 and 3. Kang would probably win 2 simply because he has the availability of superior weapons.

Sr J-Bieb
Ultron from Conquest was a much bigger threat

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Personally, I think Loki wins 1 and 3. Kang would probably win 2 simply because he has the availability of superior weapons.

Yeah, I really like Ultron but some times how problematic the character has been over the years in battle is annoying. They know magic/molecular manipulation (Maybe magnetism) basically rapes him, at this point they should at least have some contingency plans in place.

I still maintain that if Thor was ever to face of against Ultron alone (Meaning no fellow Avengers around), he'd wreck shop.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, I really like Ultron but some times how problematic the character has been over the years in battle is annoying. They know magic/molecular manipulation (Maybe magnetism) basically rapes him, at this point they should at least have some contingency plans in place.

I still maintain that if Thor was ever to face of against Ultron alone (Meaning no fellow Avengers around), he'd wreck shop. Or Ultron would wreck him worse...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Or Ultron would wreck him worse...

Maybe.

Still, I think if he employed a bit of versatility he'd take him down. It's not as if Ultron is more powerful than even standard Thor, he just doesn't take physical damage for all intents and purposes.

Even just energy absorption should win it for him. At one point, Ultron grabbed Mjolnir and blasted Thor. Downright embarrassing imo.

guy222
1.) Standard random encounter. (Classic Loki) -- Ultron

2.) Prep War. Kang

3.) Which of the three is the most dangerous opponent to the Avengers? Ultron

OneDumbG0
I've never seen or known why Ultron is such a high threat. He kicks the crap out of the Avengers often.

Bentley
Ultron or Loki in the first. Kang in the remaining two.

basilisk
Still, I think if he employed a bit of versatility he'd take him down. It's not as if Ultron is more powerful than even standard Thor, he just doesn't take physical damage for all intents and purposes.

Even just energy absorption should win it for him. At one point, Ultron grabbed Mjolnir and blasted Thor. Downright embarrassing imo. I'd like to see Thor use Mjolnir to try to do to Ultron what Galactus did to him in Secret Wars. These days Ultron is probably too powerful though and the writer would just make it not work.

Yeah, I really like Ultron but some times how problematic the character has been over the years in battle is annoying. They know magic/molecular manipulation (Maybe magnetism) basically rapes him, at this point they should at least have some contingency plans in place.It is interesting how rarely they've tried to use some of the more exotic powers they can call on, and usually just brawl or blast him. One thing though, the magical champion of that east european country didn't stop him.

It makes me wonder what sort of powerups that future Ultron had to be able to take on Kang, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Monica Captain Marvel, Protector, Ms Marvel etc all at once. Crazy.

Anyway:
1.) Standard random encounter. (Classic Loki) - Loki. Classic Loki had way too much high-level magic.

2.) Prep War. Probably Loki if he stays smart.

3.) Which of the three is the most dangerous opponent to the Avengers? Loki should be, but Ultron seems to be.

the ninjak

Well Ultron can hack major Technocracy civilizations in the galaxy.
And represents a major threat to any technology based character on a planet.

Its hacking of the Phalanx race was impressive. But as a singular being on a general running spree. Loki should beat him. Loki is no slouch in the combat dept as well.

Ultron should be a better fight though. Due to it's understanding of Adamantium and absorbing a race of particle manipulating chips. Though magic and fear has proven to be effective against AI beings. And defense isn't everything when dealing with magic.

Magic is still above science to me in the Marvel Universe.

Though the second Annihilation Wave should've been so much stronger. I believe Ultron storywise weakened the Phalanx race. And spurned them into early mass suicide.(proven in Xmen 23.) He's too singular to truly appreciate the idea of a technological race.

Loki wins most scenarios.

Bouboumaster
1- Is BFR an option? If so, Kang, if not, Ultron
2- Loki or Kang, it's a toss-up
3- Between Ultron or Kang... I lean with Kang on this one

Bentley

I still maintain that if Thor was ever to face of against Ultron alone (Meaning no fellow Avengers around), he'd wreck shop.

Ultron cannot be beaten by molecular manipulation because of forcefields and his own molecular control, you basically has a high level manipulator with night-limitless stamina when it comes to his body. The only magic that has worked against Ultron is Scarlett Witch, and that's by making Ultron destroy itself.

Thor could beat many versions of Ultron, that much is truth. The future Ultron that tanked the future army Kang sent though, would massacre Thor into tomorrow.

leonidas
i'd say loki in (1) but it's close. loki simply has too much versatility i think. he "should" be able to muck with ultron's internal power supply i would think. if not, i don't really see him manipulating ultron either and if that's the case i think ultron would simply outlast him. kang is dangerous but don't see him winning against either of those 2. if bfr is allowed, ultron would be in a lot of trouble against either though.

prep is really hard to call. depends on what they would be able to access in prep.

for (3) i'd say ultron, mostly because he's the most inherently 'evil' of the 3. but all 3 are obviously very danagerous and it's a tough call.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Ultron cannot be beaten by molecular manipulation because of forcefields and his own molecular control, you basically has a high level manipulator with night-limitless stamina when it comes to his body. The only magic that has worked against Ultron is Scarlett Witch, and that's by making Ultron destroy itself.

Thor could beat many versions of Ultron, that much is truth. The future Ultron that tanked the future army Kang sent though, would massacre Thor into tomorrow.

I know he has his own molecular manipulation unit or whatever you call it that's been used to beat him, I didn't know he had force fields that prevented further tampering though. Magic other than Wanda's hexes has been used on Ultron and failed? Not really sure how he'd go about negating Loki's magic.

If he took on the forces assembled solo (The fight is hazy due to the art), then yea, he should rape. I don't have a problem with Ultron being more powerful than Thor (At least if sufficiently empowered), it's just that Thor and the Avengers smash/bash even after like a dozen battles. They just look stupid, Thor particularly.

I hate when one character is made dangerous at the expense of others. Just lazy writing imo. You can make the villain powerful without nerfing the heroes.

Nihilist
1.Loki
2.Kang
3.Loki

Bentley
I don't see how Loki even begins to match the others in the third situation ermm

leonidas
I don't see how Loki even begins to match the others in the third situation ermm

that's because you're french. no expression

OneDumbG0
Thor could beat many versions of Ultron, that much is truth. Not really.

Bentley
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Not really.

I was counting BFR big grin

JakeTheBank
bump.

Existere
Loki
Kang
Ultron

Bentley
Necro bump so I can say Kang wins? Good, Kang wins

JakeTheBank
I'll see your necro bump and raise you another.

Bentley
With time manipulation these guys have not a chance of beating Kang

pym-ftw
Ultron in all 3

Bentley
Ultron at the peak of it's power, equipped with time-machines couldn't do anything to stop Kang from destroying the timestream other than killing itself. Prep war is in Kang's pocket.

curryman
Loki should automatically lose 3 considering he helped form them stick out tongue

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Ultron in all 3

^This.

Bentley
The Kang hate in this thread is strong erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.