Jobbing: Galactus vs.....Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
who is the biggest jobber? especially considering all their proclaimed power

Digi
I don't actually think Galactus jobs. He just often holds back his power because he's technically not evil. So if jobbing is, say, listening to Surfer's altruism for the dozenth time, then sure, he jobs. I can only think of a couple times he was severely written down though.

Bouboumaster
The biggest jobber is Galactus, by a wide margin.

guy222
agreed and its marvel's fault

u make a tall purple helmet guy who's now upset because he will b replaced What the f**k?

JakeTheBank
Prime's not a jobber, really. I guess if you take all of his high end feats and throw out everything else such as consistently being injured by Kon-El and Bart and being staggered by mid/high heralds. Even then, he's not really jobbing.

Galactus isn't a jobber either, really, not in my opinion. Some people think that because of his status in the universe and how important he is, he should be this nigh unstoppable cosmic entity and be beyond Skyfathers, Trans, and High Heralds' means to injure. Personally, I think some people get too hung up over the "cosmic" descriptor, but that's just me. I don't believe there should be a correlation between power and importance to the universe. Superman over in DC has been implied and stated to be, bar none, the most essential single being in creation and he's far far far away from being the most powerful one.

Digi
People often forget than utterly unstoppable characters are also usually the most boring. There's a reason there aren't many abstract-level "heroes" and even fewer (if any) popular ones.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
There's a reason there aren't many abstract-level "heroes" and even fewer (if any) popular ones. only hulk has that role thumb up

guy222
weally

i love hulkie stick out tongue

and i love the cosmic guys

never got into prime and big g does job its not hard

Sin I AM
i picked prime because of his losses to Conner, Bart, and Supergirl...plus his thrashing by the titans and being unceremoniously dumped in the Source Wall....

Galan just doesnt cut the mustard to be such a high-end cosmic, you'd think after all those years in 616 he would have learned to better deal with his fluctuating powers...and not be bothered by insects.

another classic jobber is marvels Eternity...any mutie with reality warping powers scare him

honorable mention are the crimson bands...ive seen the broken more times than anything

Sirius77
I think that they both job horribly whenever it happens. Galactus' jobbing is slightly worse though. I believe that this has something to do with the fact that he's been around longer and has a larger pool of showings from which to pull. If you want to give a character rep, then you have him defeat Galactus. It's a simple formula that I believe is unfair to the character, because when he isn't being jobbed out by foolish plot devices and ridiculous writing, he is busting galaxies, or having pretty much every notable villain living in fear of his retaliation or arrival. So, I do believe that Galactus is the biggest jobber here, as no herald should be able to remotely give him trouble imo. They shouldn't really register to him as I see it.

Now, with Prime, losing to Bart is not a low feat based upon the fact that every version of Bart that has remotely given him trouble has been either horribly amped or had help from every Flash available and still barely bfred him. In LO3W, he and XS were amped by Barry's return to and alteration of the speed force, and as a result every user got an extra "jolt" during that instance. So that was far from being casual Bart or XS. During IC, there were six speed force users (one of which was Barry Allen, who came back from the dead to aid in the bfr of Prime), and even then, they almost didn't succeed and he still came back. So basically, no feat involving Bart is low for Prime, in a matter of fact I'd say all of them are pretty impressive for just about any trans level character under the circumstances.

Prime's showings involving Conner however, are absolutely absurd. There is no reason as to why a casual team buster should even recognize a mid herald as anything other than canon fodder. Not when 32 gls, sc+glc+guardians, and 3 legions didn't. How can it even be argued that something like that makes sense? Anyway, just a compressed rant, and I won't even get into the teen titans instance.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
who is the biggest jobber? especially considering all their proclaimed power

Big G, no question.

He actually has losses that are beneath him, while SPB's losses were:

1. Depowered by a red sun, making it an adult vs a teen.

2. Three versions of the LOSH + Ion + Impulse to knock out a Time Trapper SBP for 1 second.

Otherwise, Superboy Prime pretty much got to tear up all the heavy hitters in the DCU. He manhandled or made look bad the guardians, anti monitor,a monitor, Forerunner, Mxy, Ion, held his own with a ridiculously overpowered Monarch,... (Even though he was arguably being outshined, but it was still a pretty even fight), Mordru...

guy222
thumb up

quanchi112
Galactus, easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.