Mr.Majestic vs Black Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Damborgson
Who takes it?

http://oranges-world.com/data_images/black-bolt.jpg

VS

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071015124752/marvel_dc/images/f/f2/191992-mr-majestic_400.jpg

Battle on the moon

dmills
Blackbolt

abhilegend
Majestic 6/10.Originally posted by dmills
Blackbolt
Any particular reason?

leonidas
this was done in a good bz between enyalus (wish that dude was still posting) and m'man smurph. it was a good bz, but by the end it was pretty clear to me that maj was above bolt....

"Id"
Mr. Majestic lays a hurting on Black Bolt.

Uriel005
1) fight starts
2) Black bolt begins to fire off an attack the moment the fight starts
3) before he finishes processing the word go majestros has taken his head off.

Stoic
Does Majestic get to use weapons, or is this unarmed combat using just their powers?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Uriel005
1) fight starts
2) Black bolt begins to fire off an attack the moment the fight starts
3) before he finishes processing the word go majestros has taken his head off. Majestic takes his own head off?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Majestic takes his own head off? Thats that conf for ya Majestros doesnt even need his head attached to his body to win

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
Majestic 6/10.
Any particular reason?

The antithesis of whatever reason you're picking Majestic 6/10.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
The antithesis of whatever reason you're picking Majestic 6/10.
That's not fair. You hurt my feelings.cryoh

dmills
That's not fair. You hurt my feelings.cryoh

laughing out loud

Looking at their relative performance vs the best of their respective universes I think BB has the better showings. He's ko'd or tko'd elite strong men (Hulk, Namor, Thing, etc), has a mastery of his relatively limited power set that perhaps only Superman rivals or exceeds in terms of making good use of it and he has the added advantage of a one shot cheat move (voice). Majestic has the definitive edge in fan service feats though, i.e. pushing planets, nano second speed feats etc.

Also just food for thought, looking at a similarly powered character -if not similarly tiered- BB has defeated Gladiator every single time that they've faced off. So the Superman powerset isn't something that the King is necessarily at a disadvantage against.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Looking at their relative performance vs the best of their respective universes I think BB has the better showings. He's ko'd or tko'd elite strong men (Hulk, Namor, Thing, etc), has a mastery of his relatively limited power set that perhaps only Superman rivals or exceeds in terms of making good use of it and he has the added advantage of a one shot cheat move (voice). Majestic has the definitive edge in fan service feats though, i.e. pushing planets, nano second speed feats etc.

Also just food for thought, looking at a similarly powered character -if not similarly tiered- BB has defeated Gladiator every single time that they've faced off. So the Superman powerset isn't something that the King is necessarily at a disadvantage against.
So do you think that blackagar boltagan (I know the full name, sue me) beats superman as carver has proved over the years that gladiator>>>>superman? This is for hurting my feelings.durfist

dmills
So do you think that blackagar boltagan (I know the full name, sue me) beats superman as carver has proved over the years that gladiator>>>>superman? This is for hurting my feelings.durfist

That's a different match entirely as Superman is a different animal then his clones. He has better feats then most of them, has better showings then most of them, and has displayed a better mastery of his powerset then most of them.

I'd be interested to see how he'd deal with the King using short controlled whispers up close though.

Juntai
That's a different match entirely as Superman is a different animal then his clones. He has better feats then most of them, has better showings then most of them, and has displayed a better mastery of his powerset then most of them.

I'd be interested to see how he'd deal with the King using short controlled whispers up close though. Superman could just find the frequency and emit white sound from his mouth at that frequency to cancel it completely. wink

Majestros probably wouldn't do that though, but I still feel he has what it takes to win.

dmills
Originally posted by Juntai
Superman could just find the frequency and emit white sound from his mouth at that frequency to cancel it completely. wink

Majestros probably wouldn't do that though, but I still feel he has what it takes to win.

I've got 2 issues with that though.

1) It's pseudo sonic, so its not entirely clear if that tactic would work.

2) The shortest path to a destination is a straight line. In other words, what's easier/more likely to be pulled off effectively in close battle, BB whispering or Supes analysing what he's doing, then countering with white noise or whatever? The answer seems clear to me.

abhilegend
I've got 2 issues with that though.

1) It's pseudo sonic, so its not entirely clear if that tactic would work.

2) The shortest path to a destination is a straight line. In other words, what's easier/more likely to be pulled off effectively in close battle, BB whispering or Supes analysing what he's doing, then countering with white noise or whatever? The answer seems clear to me.
Didn't inhumans kept his powers in check by placing him in a sound nullyfying sphere or something when he was a kid IIRC. Superman has used vibrations to save the omniverse, what's a little noise?

carver9
Didn't inhumans kept his powers in check by placing him in a sound nullyfying sphere or something when he was a kid IIRC. Superman has used vibrations to save the omniverse, what's a little noise?

Lol...please don't let me post black Canary affecting him.

dmills

So your reasoning is that because Supes has used sound/vibration effectively that it translates into him not being able to be harmed by it? So would you argue that because he shoots heat vision that he can't be harmed by that as well?

If you guys want to argue Supes vs Blackbolt then dig up the old thread and we can do it there.

carver9
Black Bolt wins 6 or 7/10

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...please don't let me post black Canary affecting him.
Who's stopping you, go ahead. But I can post him ignoring Silver banshee's magical scream from point blank range too.

abhilegend
So your reasoning is that because Supes has used sound/vibration effectively that it translates into him not being able to be harmed by it? So would you argue that because he shoots heat vision that he can't be harmed by that as well?

If you guys want to argue Supes vs Blackbolt then dig up the old thread and we can do it there.
I'm just goofing around. Bump that thread though and I would give you a serious pwnage.durhulk

Juntai

If you guys want to argue Supes vs Blackbolt then dig up the old thread and we can do it there. No, it's as he said, they used a soundproof room to keep his powers in check before, suggesting that it would nullify it. Superman has countered and canceled sound frequencies with his mouth before.

tardagoo

JakeTheBank
It wouldn't hurt Majestic? At all?

Galan007
Question: Does BB's voice move faster than the speed of sound? If so, how fast does it move?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Galan007
Question: Does BB's voice move faster than the speed of sound? If so, how fast does it move? Personally I feel majestic wins because blackbolt has some decent speed feats but nothing as fast as Majestic bulldozing his face in off a blitz imo.

Galan007
Well, that's kind of what I'm getting at. Majestic can, and has, reacted on a nanosecond-by-nanosecond basis on panel. He certainly has the ability to blitz the shit out of BB.

However, even IF BB managed to get off a scream, just how fast do the waves produced by his scream travel? Seems like they'd be limited to the speed of sound, and if that's the case, avoiding them would be effortlessly achieved by Maj... But I'm not 100% sure how fast his voice travels, hence my question.

OneDumbG0
^ I remember someone saying that someone outraced Black Bolt's voice.

carver9
Is CIS on because if so, I don't see 90% of the things being mentioned in this thread happening.

garbleeze

dmills
Originally posted by garbleeze
yeah but we already know that carver9 is mentally retarded so we can ignore him

black bolts voice wouldnt even hurt majestic, he'd simply flick black bolt in the head and his brains would explode

If Carver is considered mentally retarded whilst the above post is supposed to represent the average intellect then the human race is in some serious trouble.

JakeTheBank
Still not sure what the idea of Black Bolt's voice not hurting Majestros at all is based off of.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Still not sure what the idea of Black Bolt's voice not hurting Majestros at all is based off of.

A) Ignorance
Or
B) Idiocy

Uriel005
Originally posted by carver9
Is CIS on because if so, I don't see 90% of the things being mentioned in this thread happening. CIS on in a serious fight Majestic has the attitude of batman with reduced issues with killing and the powers of superman when dealing with opponents... Give them no time to respond and utterly destroy them.

edit: btw that is not to say I don't think black bolts voice wouldn't hurt majestic. I just don't think the ******* would give him the chance to use it.

dmills
Again with the ole speed blitz arguments?

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/headshot-suicide.gif

Uriel005
Here we go with the ole speed blitz arguments again.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/headshot-suicide.gif except majestic actually takes advantage of it...

dmills
Originally posted by Uriel005
except majestic actually takes advantage of it...

I'm sitting here with the trades of his minis/solos when he was written at his peak (imo) and some of the later more recent stuff as well. I'll browse through them again to see how often he blitzes.

carver9
I'm sitting here with the trades of his minis/solos when he was written at his peak (imo) and some of the later more recent stuff as well. I'll browse through them again to see how often he blitzes.

You might find him building devices at super speed but starting a fight out in a blitz fashion...it ain't there.

JakeTheBank
The thing about speed is that you don't often see a true speedblitz (at least the ones described in the forums as tactics) happen in the pages of comics. You will see things done via superspeed such as evacuating a city, building a city, or assembling tech in mere moments. Generally, proponents of speedblitzing/"speed kills" will argue that because those things are more complex and require more effort and thought than simply punching someone a billion times a second, it should be common sense that they could fight that fast. It's not wrong in theory, but it opens up a slippery slope if you base things on what could feasibly happen in comics based on what a specific power or ability can do.

Superhuman speed is a power just like energy manipulation, super strength, telepathy, etc. It just seems to get a pass more often than not under the virtue if you're faster than your opponent, you simply can dominate them with ease. In reality, that would certainly hold true more often than not, but in the world of comics, not so much. I don't think speed isn't important at all concerning forum fights, but I don't subscribe to the theory than under a forum battle, speed suddenly trumps everything and any instance of it not doing so in a comic is automatically PIS. There's a healthy medium, I feel.

Concerning this fight, Majestic should get the majority due to his stats, but really, the idea of Bolt's voice not effecting him is ridiculous. I don't see Superman effortlessly beating down Bolt, either (though he'd get a decent majority as well).

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The thing about speed is that you don't often see a true speedblitz (at least the ones described in the forums as tactics) happen in the pages of comics. You will see things done via superspeed such as evacuating a city, building a city, or assembling tech in mere moments. Generally, proponents of speedblitzing/"speed kills" will argue that because those things are more complex and require more effort and thought than simply punching someone a billion times a second, it should be common sense that they could fight that fast. It's not wrong in theory, but it opens up a slippery slope if you base things on what could feasibly happen in comics based on what a specific power or ability can do.

Superhuman speed is a power just like energy manipulation, super strength, telepathy, etc. It just seems to get a pass more often than not under the virtue if you're faster than your opponent, you simply can dominate them with ease. In reality, that would certainly hold true more often than not, but in the world of comics, not so much. I don't think speed isn't important at all concerning forum fights, but I don't subscribe to the theory than under a forum battle, speed suddenly trumps everything and any instance of it not doing so in a comic is automatically PIS. There's a healthy medium, I feel.

Concerning this fight, Majestic should get the majority due to his stats, but really, the idea of Bolt's voice not effecting him is ridiculous. I don't see Superman effortlessly beating down Bolt, either (though he'd get a decent majority as well).

I agree with much of what you said. We often talk about the argument of speed as a primary power (Flash, Quicksilver etc) vs speed as a tactic and part of a greater powerset (the Supermen et al). A character such as Majestros can and has displayed nano second speed before, so that's not the issue as for as I'm concerned. It's not a matter of if he could so much as it is a matter of if he would in a given situation. Supes for example, resorts to it as a tactic if the situation calls for it but it's typically not his first recourse of action. It's a tool that he breaks out as needed. Same with Majestros to a degree. He's not -in character- busting out the super speed during the onset of h2h. And I'll add that BB isn't likely to break out with the voice either.

This fight imo comes down to a mix of exotic powers, and h2h. I personally give the King the advantage in that situation. He just flat out knocks people the phuck out.

Raptor22
The whole speed blitz thing is a complicated subject. U have what the characters do in comics, and then u have what they could do without plot or character factors. Here we have them fighting to the best of their abilities but still staying in character basically. Which is good but many times contradictory, since it isn't in character for many to fight at the best of their abilities. I agree with most of what Jake said except there being a healthy medium. I wish there was but everyone has a different opinion on where that medium of best of abilities vs in character lays. Since the characters get a basic knowledge of their opponents i feel speedblits should be an option from the start if they feel it's one of their only options to win. For example majestic may not have ever blitzed an opponent in the comics but he might not have felt the need. He's also never fought black bolt in comics or someone with comparable stats. If everything else is about equal and he knows bbs yell gives him an advantage why wouldn't he blitz to negate it? I'm not saying he'd do it against Batman or aquaman because he wouldn't need to and its not in chatacter to slaughter people for no reason. But if hes facing someone where he had to in order to win and If he has the means at his disposal why wouldn't or couldn't he? I mean it is in character for these guys to use their powers to win fights right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.