Beast: A raging hypocrite? :spoilers:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
Ok, beast is angry at scott and leaves because he doesn't approve of the way cyke is handling things, the biggest hang up being x-force killing people. So now beast goes and joins wolverine and finds out that he is still running x-force and killing people. So what does beast do? Promptly leave wolverine like he did scott? No, just mentions he doesn't approve and lets it go. So wait a second...if cyke is having people killed Beast gets all high and mighty and angry, but if wolverine does it its totally cool? what is wrong with this picture? IMO this makes beast a total hypocrite.

KingD19
True, that's hypocritical but I think it's more of a standard. He held Scott to a higher standard than he does Logan. He knows killing is what Logan does, he's good at it, been doin it his entire life...nothings going to change that. Scott, doesn't basically.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by emporerpants
Ok, beast is angry at scott and leaves because he doesn't approve of the way cyke is handling things, the biggest hang up being x-force killing people. So now beast goes and joins wolverine and finds out that he is still running x-force and killing people. So what does beast do? Promptly leave wolverine like he did scott? No, just mentions he doesn't approve and lets it go. So wait a second...if cyke is having people killed Beast gets all high and mighty and angry, but if wolverine does it its totally cool? what is wrong with this picture? IMO this makes beast a total hypocrite.

He's closer to Scott. Has known him for years and years, back when they were the original X-men. I'm sure he considers him family almost - and you always overreact with family where you might not with others.

In this case I'm sure he's disgusted as well, but like the poster above said, that's Logan.

the ninjak
Beast isn't a hypocrite. He's a genius trapped between two feuding sides.

He still has work to do. Lives to save. He's an Avenger. The current Schism I'm sure he views as a passing tide.

KingD19
Doing what he did kinda does make him a hypocrite. That would be like SHIELD and the UN allowing vigilantism and superheroes like Captain America and Spider-Man to save people, but saying it's not okay when mutants like the X-Men do it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
Doing what he did kinda does make him a hypocrite. That would be like SHIELD and the UN allowing vigilantism and superheroes like Captain America and Spider-Man to save people, but saying it's not okay when mutants like the X-Men do it.

It doesent make him hypocrite at all. Because thats not why he left the x-men at all. He left scot way before that. People just seem to be under this impression that Beast left scot because of the kill squad. Which is wrong. He left Scot before that was ever revealed. People seem to be forgetting the beast left and came back. Beast made it vert clear he was only back to help the x-men during there time of need and him and scot were not ok and he was not back with the x-men. Beast is pissed at scot because scot left him to be tortured by Osborn. He new beast was being tortured and did nothing untill it suited his purposes to save Beast. Not because of any friend ship or moral reasons. That is why Beast is not part of scots team. he was gone well before Wolverine schism.

KingD19
Okay? I haven't been paying a lot of attention to comics for a while. I was going by the OP as the reason he left and gave my view on that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.