Planet Anthromorph

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel

MadMel
Bloody 15 minute edit time!!! mad

OK - THIS is the registration thread. The RP thread will be open when enough people have signed up. big grin

Regelion1
question does the character have to look more animalistic like yours or can the look more human?

(>^^)>
furry!
ya im in, i'll work up a character today

Hitosu Moriko
Name: Kumar The Blacksmith
Age 32
Gender Male
Race Bear-Kin
profession Blacksmith
Bio At the age of 9 Kumar learned of his fathers job Kumador his father taught Kumar the basic structures of Smithing weapons of all kinds. Kumars family was famous for the construction of a sword made out of a Meteorite. Kumar's father before being a blacksmith was a powerful warrior in the war who used various weapons on his opponents he was known as Relentless Kumador. Though as years flew by The Relentless Kumador settled down and married a beautiful woman named Kin and had his son Kumar. Since his knowledge of weapons was still fresh he became a blacksmith and passed down his blacksmith talents and fighting talents to his son Kumar he even passed the meteorite sword to him in his passing. Now Kumar has a son Named Kuma who is now 16 who helps Kumar run the blacksmith workshop Kumar also fights off any Reptile-Kin in his village causing a stir.

http://utopiaweb.org/rpg/tundra/img/humanBear.jpg

DangerousBeauty
Name - Melisande the Healer
Age - 18
Gender - f
Race - horse-kin
profession - Shes a part time bar maid and a full time healer. She uses both reptile-kin and beast-kin methods of healing.
Bio - Melisande the Healer was born on a cold night as her parents traveled across the baren land. She was able to stand right away and walk, but the night air bit at her skin. Her mother and father were desperate to find shelter. They begged a tripe of reptile-kin to allow them shelter for the night, trading what good they had for a warm place to sleep. In the morning they moved on after thanking the reptile-kin. Her mother was a woman who practiced beast-kin medicine, but Melisande the Healer wanted to help both sides. So she learned reptile-kin medicine as well as beast-kin. She had since welcomed any and all kin who need her help into her home.
Appearance - will come later.

(>^^)>
Name - Shizaru the Clever (Zaru to you)
Age - 15
Gender - m
Race - monkey-kin
profession - he only works when his sister is bartending, he either performs stand-up comedy (usually doesn't go well) or helps deliver orders and hangs around to keep people company
Bio - he has no idea where he comes from or who his birth parents are, Melisande and her parents found him as a baby, left alone in a path on a rainy night. he was left in a basket with a blanket and a small red rod with decorative gold caps on each end. since he was just about the cutest baby ever witnessed they took him upon their backs and carried on, raising the mischievous monkey as they own son. it was very clear early on that he was going to be a handful for all. skip ahead many years and he's living with his sister and causing small pranks here in there.
Appearance - will picture later, gonna have to draw it

and a 2nd character will come

XvampbenjiiX666
Name - Xaphan the Mercenary (or Malevolent)
Age - 21
Gender - male
Race - bull-kin
profession - blade for hire (mercenary)
Bio - Raised in a small village, Xaphan was trained to be a warrior at a young age but studied in his spare time. He was told he was destined to be a great soldier for the military, helping win wars and conquer new lands. But as he got older, Xaphan became more independent and hated his village. On the day of his 20th birthday, Xaphan slaughtered everyone in his village and burnt it down to make sure no one survived. With his rage another feeling emerged, a hunger for blood and death. So now Xaphan wanders the land, taking jobs that pay him to assassinate or brutally kill anyone, from innocent villagers to corrupt leaders.
Appearance - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_Bwe8xz1uWE/Tt9hHu_GIkI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/yma0NThh-r0/s1600/Minotaur_raging.jpg

Thunder Fox
hell yes i am so in

Name - Inali the Thief
Age - 23
Gender - m
Race - Fox - kin
profession - Thief
Bio - Natural born thief was raised by his father as a kit the art of hiding in the shadows ,his father passed when he was a teen leaving him a pair of small laser tools meant to melt the locks making lock picking obsolete
Appearance - will post it when i find a good pic

MadMel
Originally posted by Regelion1
question does the character have to look more animalistic like yours or can the look more human?
What's a 'human'? wink

Originally posted by Hitosu Moriko
Name: Kumar The Blacksmith
That looks nothing like a bear, Hit.
Approved, but I want a pic change.

Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
Name - Melisande the Healer
Approved.

Originally posted by (>^^)>
Name - Shizaru the Clever (Zaru to you)
Approved.

Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
Name - Xaphan the Mercenary (or Malevolent)

Approved.

Originally posted by Thunder Fox
hell yes i am so in

Name - Inali the Thief

Approved.

Just a few things.
I do want pics at some point.
No one made a reptile-kin? I'll make one next. stick out tongue
Also, at the recommendation of an anonymous player, laser weaponry has been changed to Plasma weaponry. Makes a lot more sense this way. erm

Thunder Fox
i was planning to make a reptile one as my second and technicly you could have both

MadMel
Name - Khaal the Wanderer
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Race - Snake-kin
profession - Traveler/spiritualist
Bio - Raised in the ways of his people, Khaal is a true example of his species - Spiritual and non-dependent on plasma weapons and tools. He is familiar with Rip the hunter, who had spent a brief time with his people as a cub. He wanders the land, as if on some spiritual journey to find his true calling.
Appearance - w/o Weapons and armour.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/male%20naga/Dinolover88/Decorated%20images/Naga.jpg?t=1301534523

DangerousBeauty
The pic below is for Melisande. The only change to the image is that her ears a more pointed.

Hitosu Moriko
Finally found one to my liking hard finding one without getting a hairy man X___X

http://gameswalls.com/wallpapers/a/altered-beast/bearman-1.jpg

MadMel
Link doesn't work, Hit. XD

Hitosu Moriko
I see it just fine i beg you don't make go back to those pics *Traumatized*

MadMel
huh... Oh, well, I'll take your word for it. stick out tongue

(>^^)>
just save them to your computer then re-post them either through photobucket of kmc's image poster, i can't see it either :/

Hitosu Moriko
wait got the link http://gameswalls.com/altered-beast/bearman/1024x768 if it gives you trouble just refresh

MadMel
Yea got it. No worries.

starryknight
Name - Ashara The Sky Song
Age - 17
Gender - Female
Race - bird kin
profession - singer
Bio - Ashara is one of the majestic bird-kin, an illusive race that has cut all ties to the earth bound races and very rarely do her people wander to the world below the clouds. Ashara is taught to be a warrior to protect the home tree but there has not been an attack for many years and thinks her training is a waste of time and rather be singing with the birds but her father forbids it and to top it off when she turned 16 her father told her she was to be married next year, Ash was outraged and told her father she would not marry some one she didn't love. Her father would not hear her so she did the only thing she could and ran away.
For a year Ash has put down her sword and was hired to sing in a bar although this job didn't pay much it she was still following her dreams and love every moment of it.
Appearance - http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/ashnagasaki13/angel0015og.png

MadMel
Sorry, Star. erm
Originally posted by MadMel
Note - instead of non-sentient mammals and reptiles, wildlife on planet Anthromorph is primarily insects, fish and birds of alien proportions (if you want giant insects, fish and birds, describe such) - none of which are sentient or playable racial groups.

Besides, she's far too human looking. stick out tongue

Lt_Champion
Can I join o.o

MadMel
There's nothing stopping you confused

starryknight
*cries* i wanna be a bird girl...fine back to the drawing board i suppose. And "What's a 'human'?"

MadMel

http://thejosevilson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

starryknight
lol

so there cant be any bird folk??

MadMel
If I take any more animals out of the ecosystem there wont be an ecosystem left. So its just mammals and reptiles. stick out tongue
Hell, even with that there's still a big wildlife gap I need to fill. Maybe alien plants?

starryknight
Name - Ash The Harbinger
Age - 23
Gender - F
Race - Fox-kin
profession - Bounty Hunter
Bio - Ash has travealed the world far and wide looking for the most dangerous of bounty using her Scythe to bring justice to those who dare run.
Appearance - http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/dh/m3/ey/1commish1c.jpg

MadMel
an omg tag, eh? wink
Approved, but I don't see what good a scythe will do against plasma guns.

starryknight
plasma scythe? or maybe shes like samuri jack!

Regelion1
Name- Saru The Silent_

Age- 22

Gender - M

Race - Snake-kin

profession - chef/ex assassin_

Bio - Saru grew up into a family of Assassins that excepted any job they felt was right, because of this at a young age Saru was trained to kill. He never really liked being an assassin but it was his families profession so he had no chose in the matter. Saru experienced his first kill at the age 11 on his first _mission. He was assigned to kill a reptile-kin tyrant. He was successful with zero detection for this he was given the name Saru The Silent. He was the only Assassin in his family to never had been spotted on an assassination. On Saru's 18th birthday his entire family went on a _mission and was killed everyone except for him against a group of kins working together torturing a huge village. It turned out their employer betrayed them leading them into a trap. Sari managed to take his revenge but after that he gave up on being an assassin and switched to being chef all the herbs and smells really drew him in, but till this day he keeps his skills polished to make sure he can protect himself if needed seeing as anyone could make you a target. You can especially become a target as an ex assassin from others fearing your return back to the game._

Appearance -_

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w17/Demonking2/drag.jpg

(>^^)>
Originally posted by MadMel
If I take any more animals out of the ecosystem there wont be an ecosystem left. So its just mammals and reptiles. stick out tongue
Hell, even with that there's still a big wildlife gap I need to fill. Maybe alien plants?
why not just have many races that were granted sentience by some reason whether evolution or what not, and still have many of the same animals in wild as non humanoid versions, like how man came from chimps, but there is still chimps

MadMel
Originally posted by starryknight
plasma scythe? or maybe shes like samuri jack!
No bladed plasma weapons. Last thing we need are wannabe jedis. stick out tongue

Name- Saru The Silent
Approved, but he seems more like a lizard than a snake, if you ask me.

OK, that's more than enough people! I'll put up the RP thread as soon as I've figured this out a bit more.

why not just have many races that were granted sentience by some reason whether evolution or what not, and still have many of the same animals in wild as non humanoid versions, like how man came from chimps, but there is still chimps
That might work. The main difference is that these are many different varieties of animals being humanoid, not just primates. I also want playable characters to look as un-human as possible, and that isn't really possible for birds. I suppose I could allow fish-kin, but what good would that do in a wild west setting?
I was also thinking of animal-like plants and maybe even animal-like rocks. This is an alien world, after all. wink

(>^^)>
i know i was just using it as an example of how that might happen, just one strain evolved a little further, maybe something to do with crystals in the area and certain genes

Regelion1
yeah i wanted him to have legs even though he's a snake lets just say he went through evolution lol.

MadMel
Ok here's what will happen in terms of wild (non playable) animals.

insects - majority
birds - majority
fish - majority (wherever there's water)
rock - common
plant - common
beast & reptile - rare (evolution wiping out the majority so that the strongest could evolve and develop sentience.)

It's possible I'm over thinking this, but whatever. I like playing with the little details. big grin

yeah i wanted him to have legs even though he's a snake lets just say he went through evolution lol.
My snake character has no legs, so lets say they split half and half naturally.

(>^^)>
neat fact, certain species of snakes are actually evolving back their legs slowly

Regelion1
neat fact, certain species of snakes are actually evolving back their legs slowly That's awesome i want to see a snake with legs

and Mel i don't understand what you mean. ?_?

(>^^)>
That's awesome i want to see a snake with legs

and Mel i don't understand what you mean. ?_? there actually is some lizard things that are literally snakes with legs except a bit shorter i think, cant remember what they are called

Lt_Champion
That's awesome i want to see a snake with legs
though apparently Eh was thinking of a skink this is the other kind of snake with legs:

http://dakotabirding.com/Snake_wlegs.jpg

(>^^)>
skink, that's what they are called, thanks eltee

Lt_Champion
Welcome. ^^

MadMel
and Mel i don't understand what you mean. ?_?
I mean rather than forcing you to change your character sheet, I'll say that some snake-kin are born with legs and others without. erm

Regelion1
ya that's cool

Lt_Champion
Name - Sinopa
Age - 22
Gender - Female
Race - Wolf-kin
profession - Theif
Bio - Sinopa came from a simple family, she ran away when she was young and starting stealing to stay alive, she has no real tools of the trade beyond the traditional lock pic set and a few minor other things.
Appearance - (now im being lazy like Thunder XD ill post pic when i find it)

MadMel
Approved. no title for Sinopa?
Also - I'll put up the thread soon. I'm just a bit preoccupied. erm

Lt_Champion
Hn ... not that I can think of she is usually a princess or something similar with massive blood problems so not sure what kind of title id gtive her XD i was going to ask if I need her to have a major flaw or not, beyond just the normal ones. I have one i give her by default but yeah gotta know if she needs it or not

MadMel
Just so you all know, I'm going away for a few days. I'll still be trying my best to post, but I'll be on my phone and it wont be all that effective.
If I can't post, just play as normal. There's a lot going on and you shouldn't need my input for all of it. stick out tongue

(>^^)>
Oye sorry I haven't gotten to the second character or the pictures yet, just found out I have portfolio to do for Thursday, I thought it was end of semester assessment >>

MadMel
Ouch! Best of luck. erm

I eat kittens
Name - Caridian the Wanderer (Funny, I already had a character with this exact name for something entirely different)
Age - 24
Gender - Male
Race - Wolf-kin
profession - Wandering
Bio - Caridian has, for the most part of his life, never stayed in one place for too long. Even as a pup his pack was often on the move, not satisfied to tie themselves to any specific region. As they moved around, many members of the pack stayed behind in different locations until eventually Caridian was left by himself, alone in a foreign land. He survives largely by scavenging, bartering, and the occasional theft.
Appearance - Tall, thin, Brown-grey fur, yellow eyes. Wears a simple hooded cloak. Often carries a basic multi-purpose laser rifle for hunting, self defense, and general shenaniganery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.