Aquaman/Namor vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Superman, Aquaman, and Namor are having lunch at a waterfront seafood restaurant. Aquaman and Namor are comparing feats:

Aquaman: I once swam across the entire Atlantic at 1000 knots.
Superman: Yawwwn. I could do that, even faster.

Namor: I can absorb the power of electricity!
Superman: Electricity? Heh. It tickles, just a little bit.

Aquaman: I'm really durable. I can survive pressures like 15,000 PSI. I once swam to the bottom of Challenger Deep.
Namor: Me too!
Superman: Oh for god's sake. I fly around inside the sun and through the middle of nuclear explosions. That's what, like, 50 million times that pressure? And I'm laughing while I do it.

Aquaman: I can control the fish of the high seas.
Superman: I wouldn't be seen dead with a ridiculous power like that. But I'll be sure to call next time I need, er, something to do with fish.

Aquaman: I once tore up and lifted an entire city street during a fierce battle.
Superman: Um, I've lifted like, the entire city.

Namor: I can see in the dark, because I am adapted to seeing in the inky depths.
Aquaman: Me too!
Superman: Ha ha. I can see in the dark. And whats going on on the moon right now. And through that wall over there. And those radio waves. And your DNA.

Namor: I have defeated the Incredible Hulk himself in battle!
Superman: Pfft. I beat him in like, a page? Then I blocked Thor's hammer blow with one hand, and knocked him the hell out too. Like this! <swings fist in air in similar motion to punch that knocked out Thor>

Aquaman: I once...
Superman: "I once blah blah BLAH yadda yadda yadda." You know, for denizens of the deep you two really are full of hot air. Waiter? Bill please.

Aquaman: That does it Superman...
Namor: This was a nice lunch but we've had enough of you, braggart.

Namor and Aquaman challenge Superman to a series of duels to regain their dignity:

1) Swim race across the entire Pacific ocean. Superman cannot use his flight powers as an assist, this is purely swimming.

2) Survive at the bottom of Challenger Deep the longest.

3) All out brawl, Superman vs Namor and Aquaman. Superman cannot use his flight, heat vision etc, he just gets his durability, strength, and speed. Fight takes place in a deserted area in very light but steady rain.

4) All out brawl, Superman vs Namor and Aquaman, in the middle of the Pacific ocean. All powers on.

How many duels can Superman win? Can the duo win any? (if either member of the duo win, the team wins)

Philosophía
Superman everytime, in every contest.

Wild Shadow
supes wins all but number 2

Lord Feron
I think he clears it. To be absoultly serious how well can supes swim? He can be strong and hell but with no skills or technique I could see the 2 fishmen beat him.

Wild Shadow
yeah, but he can still use his superspeed for the swimming part.

Lord Feron
YEah I know but i guess sheer speed is enough... Anyway Supes beats these guys in everything. except um... the fish talking...

Enyalus
Supes loses one and two, beats three and four soundly.

Also, that script is awesome.

Stunner2xx
as for the swimming bit can he just run on the surface of the water? running on the water can be deemed a form of swimming. And if he were to swim like normal peeople would, the ammount of force he can place per stroke with his super speed he can swim accross an ocean witha couple of strokes not to mention the waves and turbulence it would cause for anyone behind him. thus slowing them down tremendously

HE clears it all

psycho gundam
Originally posted by basilisk
Superman, Aquaman, and Namor are having lunch at a waterfront seafood restaurant. Aquaman and Namor are comparing feats:

Aquaman: I once swam across the entire Atlantic at 1000 knots.
Superman: Yawwwn. I could do that, even faster.

Namor: I can absorb the power of electricity!
Superman: Electricity? Heh. It tickles, just a little bit.

Aquaman: I'm really durable. I can survive pressures like 15,000 PSI. I once swam to the bottom of Challenger Deep.
Namor: Me too!
Superman: Oh for god's sake. I fly around inside the sun and through the middle of nuclear explosions. That's what, like, 50 million times that pressure? And I'm laughing while I do it.

Aquaman: I can control the fish of the high seas.
Superman: I wouldn't be seen dead with a ridiculous power like that. But I'll be sure to call next time I need, er, something to do with fish.

Aquaman: I once tore up and lifted an entire city street during a fierce battle.
Superman: Um, I've lifted like, the entire city.

Namor: I can see in the dark, because I am adapted to seeing in the inky depths.
Aquaman: Me too!
Superman: Ha ha. I can see in the dark. And whats going on on the moon right now. And through that wall over there. And those radio waves. And your DNA.

Namor: I have defeated the Incredible Hulk himself in battle!
Superman: Pfft. I beat him in like, a page? Then I blocked Thor's hammer blow with one hand, and knocked him the hell out too. Like this! <swings fist in air in similar motion to punch that knocked out Thor>

Aquaman: I once...
Superman: "I once blah blah BLAH yadda yadda yadda." You know, for denizens of the deep you two really are full of hot air. Waiter? Bill please.

Aquaman: That does it Superman...
Namor: This was a nice lunch but we've had enough of you, braggart.

and to think, people actually like that kind of character design. facepalm

Hyperion Prime
Superman is cool, but he can do way too much. superdur

psycho gundam
i have no gripe with superman, just with what they did to him.

Mindship
Originally posted by basilisk
Namor and Aquaman challenge Superman to a series of duels to regain their dignity:

1) Swim race across the entire Pacific ocean. Superman cannot use his flight powers as an assist, this is purely swimming.

2) Survive at the bottom of Challenger Deep the longest.

3) All out brawl, Superman vs Namor and Aquaman. Superman cannot use his flight, heat vision etc, he just gets his durability, strength, and speed. Fight takes place in a deserted area in very light but steady rain.

4) All out brawl, Superman vs Namor and Aquaman, in the middle of the Pacific ocean. All powers on.
1. Superman. He's just too strong and fast, despite A and N's special skills.
2. Superman...I think. This would be his toughest challenge. Basically, he just has to wait them out. He enters a T-vo meditative state to live off his solar energy store for years, longer than N or A could go without eating (the weak link could be any need Superman may have for breathing...not sure what the current status is on that).
3. Superman. Brawling is what he does. Ask Darkseid.
4. Superman, in many ways.

Aztec123
I had no idea, Superman was such a douche.What the f**k?
I guess it changes my perspective of him. stick out tongue

xJLxKing
1- No Idea
2- I don't understand
3- Superman
4- Superman very fast.

-K-M-
shifty

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Aquaman telepathically takes control of Superman's body.
1. http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5261/dccomicspresents04815au8.jpg
2. http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8333/dccomicspresents04816ph5.jpg

TricksterPriest
Aquaman also has access to magic. And at one time, he was a monstrous entity called "The Dweller in the depths."

Supes wins even with the stips. 1&2 are the tougher ones. He wins 1 even with no technique, which I don't think is true. I'm sure he's done at least some basic swimming. His sheer muscle power and body control would give him the win. He can breathe in space, so I don't believe 2 is a problem. Meditation might give him the edge. Namor needs to breath air, right? I might be wrong about that. Aquaman might actually take Superman in this one, simply because he's more durable than Namor, and he's at home in the water.

3&4 are a wash. As mindship said, brawling is one of, if not his best tactic. Superman is the god of brawling.

4 shouldn't even be a question. Mungi: I'm not saying his TP is weak, just that Superman has shown he can just shrug off almost anything when he needs to/wants to. When the sky is falling and aliens are invading, when the big bad of big bads is calling him out, when someone has to save the world............

When the chips are down and no one is left, one man stands up. One man goes to save the day. And that man will say: "This looks like a job for, Superman.

-K-M-
Ok? Did you miss the point where I wasn't serious hence the shifty smile?

Charmander
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And that man will say: "This looks like a job for, Superman. 'Page load error'

Dagarkin
He clears pretty easy

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by -K-M-
Ok? Did you miss the point where I wasn't serious hence the shifty smile?

As K-9 would say, "Affirmative, Master." cool I just felt like writing an ode to Superman. stick out tongue

carver9
Fight takes place underwater...no thunderclap. Who wins? No bfring out of the sea...there is a shield above them preventing this.

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmm brain seizure ftw

cdtm
That should work.

But I'm calling speed blitz. evil face

I wonder how their resistance is to being boiled alive?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
That should work.

But I'm calling speed blitz. evil face

I wonder how their resistance is to being boiled alive?

They COULD just swim to a cooler part of the sea.....unless you're saying Kal boils the entire sea???

cdtm
Welll....

He should be able to boil a good part of it. In the kilometers, at least. hv's hotter than the sun..

Parmaniac
Superman, post and pre reboot

carver9
Prereboot.

Parmaniac
No no I mean Superman wins post & pre reboot versions, doesn't matter which.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
Welll....

He should be able to boil a good part of it. In the kilometers, at least. hv's hotter than the sun..

Meh. So's an arc welder, but divers use them without boiling the seawater around them.

Man, did I just try to apply real-world logic to comics?? In any case, I think Namor/Aquaman.

SquallX
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Meh. So's an arc welder, but divers use them without boiling the seawater around them.

Man, did I just try to apply real-world logic to comics?? In any case, I think Namor/Aquaman.

Yes you did. Superman's HV is above the sun's temperature. He can make it so small that it passes through someone's brain like he did to Manchester black, or wide enough like he did in Themiscyra when he killed all of those Doomsday clones.

leonidas
superman slaughters.

carver9
When has Superman boil someone alive? Namor could hold his own in a physical confrontation, especially in the sea...add Aquaman and things get interesting.

Parmaniac
Since when is Namor a match for Supes?

Stoic
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Since when is Namor a match for Supes?

Well he wasn't outright slaughtered by the Sentry, so i think that although he would not win against Superman, he would give him a decent fight.

Parmaniac
This is how I have it in mind: Namor wanted to take on Sentry, Sentry dashed into him kinda BFRed both of them Namor went defensive till Emma used a plot backdoor to mindrape Sentry.

EDIT: I could be wrong I would appreciate someone posting the fight.

paisapower
Underwater speedblitz for a Supes win

Sirius77
Superman.

BlackZero30x
.....im really surprised PR hasn't been in this yet to inform people that aquaman is resistant to high heats underwater.....as for Namor im not so sure

only chance for the team here is Aquamans TP......

Sirius77
Yeah the tp is really the only thing that slows superman down here imo. I dont think that superman will boil the water though if he's in character.

BlackZero30x
I could see maybe getting sups to the bottom of the ocean to deprive his sunlight exposure to weaken him but that would take a lot of distraction. Id say AM summons the entire ocean of creatures to help but idk how long it would take to "depower" sups.

Parmaniac
The fact that Supes stores solar energy in his body throws that strategy away, otherwise he would loose his powers every night.

tkitna
Originally posted by Parmaniac
This is how I have it in mind: Namor wanted to take on Sentry, Sentry dashed into him kinda BFRed both of them Namor went defensive till Emma used a plot backdoor to mindrape Sentry.

EDIT: I could be wrong I would appreciate someone posting the fight.

Defensive? Only because he had no choice. Sentry was kind of toying with him in my opinion. Teaching him a lesson. I cant post the scans though and I admit its been a long time since I read it.

Superman beats both of them everytime in my opinion unless Aquaman fries his brain.

BlackZero30x
I know thats what I meant by "idk how long it would take to depower sups"........

even if he stores it if hes constantly using it and not storing any more to "refill" he would eventually lose his powers the problem is idk how long it would take to accomplish this task. I really doubt they could do it before he beat them. I was just thinking outside the box lol

Sirius77
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
I could see maybe getting sups to the bottom of the ocean to deprive his sunlight exposure to weaken him but that would take a lot of distraction. Id say AM summons the entire ocean of creatures to help but idk how long it would take to "depower" sups.

Last time supes got deprived of power by lack of exposure, it took a while. Like as in days, weeks, etc.... unless there is red solar radiation involved, it takes a long time to de-power supes.

Because in JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, they were trapped in a magical dimension in which time worked differently and there was no sun. It was the equivalent of a couple weeks, but felt like an hour or so iirc, and Superman still retained a decent degree of super strength, durability and speed. Also, even then, magic was involved.

So with all of this said, to get him to a manageable level, they would both have to drag him to the bottom of the sea, and hold him there for a couple weeks imo. Even then, if he drills through the ocean floor, he can still absorb geo-thermal energy to replenish his powers like he did in the "Camelot Falls" arc with Khyber. Supes has some odd energy absorption feats when he's in dire straits.

tkitna
The fight was actually in his respect thread. Here it is.

I screwed it up, but check out the Sentrys respect thread and you find it.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Sirius77
Last time supes got deprived of power by lack of exposure, it took a while. Like as in days, weeks, etc.... unless there is red solar radiation involved, it takes a long time to de-power supes.

Because in JLA/JSA: Virtue and Vice, they were trapped in a magical dimension in which time worked differently and there was no sun. It was the equivalent of a couple weeks, but felt like an hour or so iirc, and Superman still retained a decent degree of super strength, durability and speed. Also, even then, magic was involved.

So with all of this said, to get him to a manageable level, they would both have to drag him to the bottom of the sea, and hold him there for a couple weeks imo. Even then, if he drills through the ocean floor, he can still absorb geo-thermal energy to replenish his powers like he did in the "Camelot Falls" arc with Khyber. Supes has some odd energy absorption feats when he's in dire straits.

lol well thanks for the education! That's rather interesting...I had no idea it would take that long or of his Geo-Thermal absorption ability.

Sirius77
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
lol well thanks for the education! That's rather interesting...I had no idea it would take that long or of his Geo-Thermal absorption ability.

thumb up Lol no prob man. Supes actually has a lot of those under his belt. The Mageddon Warhead thing is probably my fav.

leonidas
arthur doesn't have the tp necessary to take down clark. his fish friends could distract but even underwater he's way too fast and far too strong. his hv wouldn't need to boil water to incapacitate them. they have no chance.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, based off of Namor's showings against foes such as Hercules and Hulk and with Orin to back him up, I'm not sure how Superman goes about easily beating the two of them together.

He'd get a slim majority at best.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Honestly, based off of Namor's showings against foes such as Hercules and Hulk and with Orin to back him up, I'm not sure how Superman goes about easily beating the two of them together.

He'd get a slim majority at best.
At best he would stomp both of them. You aren't giving kal his due credit here. He's split oceans with HV, koed people like diana in a single blast. Well superman at his best has merked people like namor pretty easily. An average, holding back superman gets 8/10. I wouldn't give this team a single win if he's bloodlusted, same with thor who dropped namor in a single punch while it was raining.

-Pr-
Arthur is very good against temperature extremes, but heat vision is a whole other ball game. And his telepathy isn't going to do much. Clark won't be much faster than him under-water, but Superman's strength advantage should be enough to deal with anything Arthur can throw at him, especially if he goes about making vortexes (which would negate any army summoning Arthur does).

Namor isn't going to fare much better if Superman is fighting in anything other than punching bag mode.

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
Arthur is very good against temperature extremes, but heat vision is a whole other ball game. And his telepathy isn't going to do much. Clark won't be much faster than him under-water, but Superman's strength advantage should be enough to deal with anything Arthur can throw at him, especially if he goes about making vortexes (which would negate any army summoning Arthur does).

Namor isn't going to fare much better if Superman is fighting in anything other than punching bag mode.

yep.

Bouboumaster
Superman takes all 10/10, but Namor makes him work a little bit.

paisapower
Do Namor or Aquaman have any underwater speed feats?

partiallyinsane
I really think u guys are low balling Arthur's tp. If he can take down high level tp users like white martians with ease than even supe's psionic defenses should not prove too difficult to break through.

partiallyinsane
I don't have a scan but I think Arthur's highest quantified speed feat to date put him at ten thousand feet per second. The scan can be found in the aquaman respect thread on this site.

-Pr-
Originally posted by partiallyinsane
I really think u guys are low balling Arthur's tp. If he can take down high level tp users like white martians with ease than even supe's psionic defenses should not prove too difficult to break through.

the white martians weren't exactly locked in a battle of wills with him at the time, though.

I don't have a scan but I think Arthur's highest quantified speed feat to date put him at ten thousand feet per second. The scan can be found in the aquaman respect thread on this site.

against the society?

quanchi112
Team wins.

partiallyinsane
the white martians weren't exactly locked in a battle of wills with him at the time, though.

against the society?

The white martians have lived their entire lives in a telepathic society. Given that fact it would be ludicrous to think that they do not have very formidable psychic defenses up at pretty much all times especially given the violent nature/culture of their race. Given that each white martian is an extremely powerful and experienced telepath as soon as Arthur began to telepathically assault the white martian it would have attempted to telepathically defend itself. If someone is giving you a seizure you are going to be putting all of the will power that you can muster into stopping that individual, of course due to the seizure one would not be able to summon as much willpower as one normally would be able to. It is the fact that the white martian was so easily defeated that made that feat so impressive. I have a theory that the reason that Arthur's tp was so effective in that situation was because it can bypass the conscious mind and go straight to the more "primitive' subconscious areas of the brain to attack in places that consciousness, and willpower, do not affect or at least have a vastly more difficult time affecting (I know certain characters such as batman have learned to partially control the rate at which their hearts beat so that is one example of consciousness affecting what is normally controlled subconsciously however there are many other important systems that are controlled by the subconscious brain that characters such as batman/superman etc. have not been shown to be able to control so those areas would be more vulnerable to attack.)

That feat was shown in JLA #24 which was published in 1999. It is actually unclear whether it was ten thousand feet per second or twenty thousand feet per second. The text accompanying the art reads as follows: simulations suggest that the sea king's current power levels permit a depth to air leap of 10,000 feet per second at full range however, he'll have to travel directly up from twenty thousand feet.

In the scene Arthur is accompanied GL Kyle to the bottom of the ocean, which apparently in whatever part of the ocean they are in is located about twenty thousand feet below sea level, to check out a signal relayed from the shaggy man's containment tube that the tube is being tampered with. When they get there they find the super powered soldier warmaker one lifting the tube off of the sea floor. In order to stop Aquaman and GL from interfering the military team that is overseeing the operation mounts a microwave offensive broadcasting in a range of frequencies that disrupts human thought patterns. GL is affected and Arthur is not. GL's sub construct begins to crack because his willpower is no longer sustaining it. Aquaman, knowing that GL will be crushed by the pressure of the water around him if his ring cuts out, takes hold of Kyle and swims directly upward at either 10,000 or 20,000 feet per second. It is clear that he is swimming and not leaping from the sea floor because his feet are not touching it when he realizes Kyle is in danger.

OneDumbG0
Aquaman is a veteran and would figure out a way to beat Superman at least some of the times solo. With Namor's assistance... who is top-tier in strength underwater... the team would likely take a majority IMO.

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Aquaman is a veteran and would figure out a way to beat Superman at least some of the times solo. With Namor's assistance... who is top-tier in strength underwater... the team would likely take a majority IMO.

I was thinking this as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Lulz, maybe if kal does nothing and stands there twiddling his thumbs. Unfortunately for namor kal isn't as weak as beta ray bill or hulk.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
I was thinking this as well. Smart man. thumb up

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lulz, maybe if kal does nothing and stands there twiddling his thumbs. Unfortunately for namor kal isn't as weak as beta ray bill or hulk.

Lol at this post.

abhilegend
Lol at this post.
Huh?

carver9
Lol at this post.

abhilegend

Maybe I should quote some of your previous posts. You obviously can't detect sarcasm.

carver9
Maybe I should quote some of your previous posts. You obviously can't detect sarcasm.

Lol..I'm just messing with you buddy. Stop being so serious. stick out tongue

abhilegend
Lol..I'm just messing with you buddy. Stop being so serious. stick out tongue
Why carvy why, I can't take ODG putting me on ignore and you messing me at the same time.bawling

Muhare ehoeho

-Pr-
The white martians have lived their entire lives in a telepathic society. Given that fact it would be ludicrous to think that they do not have very formidable psychic defenses up at pretty much all times especially given the violent nature/culture of their race. Given that each white martian is an extremely powerful and experienced telepath as soon as Arthur began to telepathically assault the white martian it would have attempted to telepathically defend itself. If someone is giving you a seizure you are going to be putting all of the will power that you can muster into stopping that individual, of course due to the seizure one would not be able to summon as much willpower as one normally would be able to. It is the fact that the white martian was so easily defeated that made that feat so impressive. I have a theory that the reason that Arthur's tp was so effective in that situation was because it can bypass the conscious mind and go straight to the more "primitive' subconscious areas of the brain to attack in places that consciousness, and willpower, do not affect or at least have a vastly more difficult time affecting (I know certain characters such as batman have learned to partially control the rate at which their hearts beat so that is one example of consciousness affecting what is normally controlled subconsciously however there are many other important systems that are controlled by the subconscious brain that characters such as batman/superman etc. have not been shown to be able to control so those areas would be more vulnerable to attack.)

That feat was shown in JLA #24 which was published in 1999. It is actually unclear whether it was ten thousand feet per second or twenty thousand feet per second. The text accompanying the art reads as follows: simulations suggest that the sea king's current power levels permit a depth to air leap of 10,000 feet per second at full range however, he'll have to travel directly up from twenty thousand feet.

In the scene Arthur is accompanied GL Kyle to the bottom of the ocean, which apparently in whatever part of the ocean they are in is located about twenty thousand feet below sea level, to check out a signal relayed from the shaggy man's containment tube that the tube is being tampered with. When they get there they find the super powered soldier warmaker one lifting the tube off of the sea floor. In order to stop Aquaman and GL from interfering the military team that is overseeing the operation mounts a microwave offensive broadcasting in a range of frequencies that disrupts human thought patterns. GL is affected and Arthur is not. GL's sub construct begins to crack because his willpower is no longer sustaining it. Aquaman, knowing that GL will be crushed by the pressure of the water around him if his ring cuts out, takes hold of Kyle and swims directly upward at either 10,000 or 20,000 feet per second. It is clear that he is swimming and not leaping from the sea floor because his feet are not touching it when he realizes Kyle is in danger.

Oh, wrong feat then.

I'm not saying Arthur isn't impressive. What I am saying is that given the kind of people Superman has resisted, it's not unlikely, imo, that Superman would resist Arthur too.

--

lol @ the rest of you. ermm

Arthur won't beat Superman unless Superman is seriously underperforming, tbh.

leonidas
Oh, wrong feat then.

I'm not saying Arthur isn't impressive. What I am saying is that given the kind of people Superman has resisted, it's not unlikely, imo, that Superman would resist Arthur too.

--

lol @ the rest of you. ermm

Arthur won't beat Superman unless Superman is seriously underperforming, tbh.

i don't think there is any way at all arthur could beat kal..... hv would be the biggest disadvantage for the team. he could literally slice through both like nothing....

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't think there is any way at all arthur could beat kal..... hv would be the biggest disadvantage for the team. he could literally slice through both like nothing....

For me, it's just that Superman is a bad matchup for Arthur. All Arthur's best qualities (telepathy, durability/strength, organism control) are just exceeded by Superman's qualities.

As for Namor, well, I guess I just don't rate him as highly as some of the others.

basilisk
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t509861.html

-Pr-
Merging. And done.

leonidas
For me, it's just that Superman is a bad matchup for Arthur. All Arthur's best qualities (telepathy, durability/strength, organism control) are just exceeded by Superman's qualities.

As for Namor, well, I guess I just don't rate him as highly as some of the others.

namor could get some shots in, and he's strong enough to make a showing for himself, but there is no way he is ko'ing someone of clark's durability. nor are he and am together imo. if clark goes all out, i don't see them having a chance. neither is close to durable enough to deal with uber hv blasts and he could literally cut right through them.

-Pr-
i don't know if he'd cut right through them, but yeah, it should be enough to put them down, i'd wager.

leonidas
i don't know if he'd cut right through them, but yeah, it should be enough to put them down, i'd wager.

i'd say a focused beam of hv could certainly penetrate either one. namor's piercing durability isn't as great as some, and i've seen am cut by a LOT less than a focused burst of hv.

were this a comic where kal is fighting the way he would in a book, it might be close. in a forum, kal beats them 10/10 imo, and at times, handily.

carver9
Namor is being underated here.

JakeTheBank
Physically, I think Namor could hang with Superman for a while until Kal ends it.

But yeah, heat vision is what ultimately makes this Superman's fight to win.

Sirius77
That or straight up out-classing both of them in physical stats.

JakeTheBank
Superman's other plethora of abilities is more damning to either of them over his physical attributes, imo.

carver9
That or straight up out-classing both of them in physical stats.

And this is why I said what I said. Namor have all of these fts but it still holds no weight here...doesnt make sense. Going by Namor fts, he could give Superman HELL.

-Pr-
And this is why I said what I said. Namor have all of these fts but it still holds no weight here...doesnt make sense. Going by Namor fts, he could give Superman HELL.

Only if Superman ignores a bunch of his powers.

leonidas
Only if Superman ignores a bunch of his powers.

even if he did superman's durability and high end strength fts dwarf namor's.

Sirius77

Name the feats that would "give superman hell." I'm interested.

-Pr-
He once hurt the Hulk, so...

carver9
Name the feats that would "give superman hell." I'm interested.

Giving high end beings fits. Hell, he even had Ironman scared Shi***** of facing him and Namor caught up with him and ripped the armor completely off of him. Namor is a high tier being when it comes to strength and saying that he can't give Superman trouble is ignoring the characters history.

-Pr-
Like you're ignoring Superman's?

But please, define "trouble".

carver9
Like you're ignoring Superman's?

But please, define "trouble".

I'm not...Namor would give "any" Herald fits, not just Superman...Namor has the fts.

What I mean by trouble is "give him a run for his money" but since Superman is overall more powerful, he would win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Carver's not wrong -almost stopped typing right there and then- Namor definitely has the showings to support giving Superman a good fight.

But Superman still takes a healthy majority. His taking on a more agile, possibly stronger Mongul Jr. who can fly, a good tough fight, but the man of steel will still put him down. I'm not taking into account heat vision which should be crippling.

Sirius77
Giving high end beings fits. Hell, he even had Ironman scared Shi***** of facing him and Namor caught up with him and ripped the armor completely off of him. Namor is a high tier being when it comes to strength and saying that he can't give Superman trouble is ignoring the characters history.

What high-end beings?

So because he beat up ironman, he can give superman trouble...

carver9
What high-end beings?

So because he beat up ironman, he can give superman trouble...

He has given Hulk fits, given Thor fits, outright stomped Super Skrull ( http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7346/namorfeat475ib.gif), ripped through Ironman, defeated Herc, fought Sentry twice and stalemated him. He is a consistent character. He can hang with Superman and saying that he can't is ignoring his showings. The question should be "who hasn't Namor given a fight too".

Sirius77
He has given Hulk fits, given Thor fits, outright stomped Super Skrull ( http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7346/namorfeat475ib.gif), ripped through Ironman, defeated Herc, fought Sentry twice and stalemated him. He is a consistent character. He can hang with Superman and saying that he can't is ignoring his showings. The question should be "who hasn't Namor given a fight too".

"Giving a fight" isn't the same as pulling wins.

iceman24567
He has given Hulk fits, given Thor fits, outright stomped Super Skrull ( http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7346/namorfeat475ib.gif), ripped through Ironman, defeated Herc, fought Sentry twice and stalemated him. He is a consistent character. He can hang with Superman and saying that he can't is ignoring his showings. The question should be "who hasn't Namor given a fight too". He can hang but not for an extended period he wouldn't give Superman trouble he would barely hold his own if Superman doesn't just brawl

carver9
"Giving a fight" isn't the same as pulling wins.

I never said he would beat Superman but he WILL give him trouble and lots of it. Lol at you not thinking Ironman isn't powerful...Ironman has proven time and time again that he is a mid Herald and sometimes operate on a high Herald stance when push comes to serve.

Sirius77
I never said he would beat Superman but he WILL give him trouble and lots of it. Lol at you not thinking Ironman isn't powerful...Ironman has proven time and time again that he is a mid Herald and sometimes operate on a high Herald stance when push comes to serve.

I don't follow ironman, but based upon what I know, I wouldn't equate regular ironman to mid herald. He's taken on some pretty dangerous people with the avengers, but that doesn't automatically put him there.

abhilegend
Should I give you a list of superman's feats? Are we using only namor's high end feats? Thor koed namor in a single punch while it was raining.

carver9
I don't follow ironman, but based upon what I know, I wouldn't equate regular ironman to mid herald. He's taken on some pretty dangerous people with the avengers, but that doesn't automatically put him there.

Im not talking about Ironman fts with the Avengers...Im talking about his solo fts and his fights against Surfer, Thor, Hulk and numerous of others.

carver9
Should I give you a list of superman's feats? Are we using only namor's high end feats? Thor koed namor in a single punch while it was raining.

What you are failing to realize is "Namor fighting against top tiers are average showings, not high showings".

abhilegend
What you are failing to realize is "Namor fighting against top tiers are average showings, not huh showings".
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength23Invaders33.jpg

carver9
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength23Invaders33.jpg

So if I post Superman getting koed by ramming into the moon or getting knocked out by a possessed Superboy, "will you be ok with that"?

Existere
I find it really hard to not misread 'organism control' as something much more awesome.

Maybe it's just late.

Sr J-Bieb
Namor's also given Surfer fits, he's KO'ed Dr Strange, and he knocked Savage Hulk clean out and made him revert to Banner.

Hell he's even taken on Thanos...
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1552/namorv204412wu1.th.jpg http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7961/namorv204413zc5.th.jpg

Muahahaha

Sirius77
Im not talking about Ironman fts with the Avengers...Im talking about his solo fts and his fights against Surfer, Thor, Hulk and numerous of others.

Fighting against someone once or twice and doing well on average are two different things. If all it took was fighting someone strong to make you jump a tier, then Superman, Thor, and Surfer would all be abstracts by now, but they aren't. Also, he isn't on any of these character's level.

carver9
Fighting against someone once or twice and doing well on average are two different things. If all it took was fighting someone strong to make you jump a tier, then Superman, Thor, and Surfer would all be abstracts by now, but they aren't. Also, he isn't on any of these character's level.

Fighting against someone "and actually doing good" is completely different than what you are saying. Namor consistently give top tier HELL. That alone speaks on how powerful the characters are.

abhilegend
So if I post Superman getting koed by ramming into the moon or getting knocked out by a possessed Superboy, "will you be ok with that"?
Go ahead. When namor destroys a moon, call me. It's something when you cite someone getting koed by destroying a moon a low feat, don't it. When did superboy koed kal?

carver9
Go ahead. When namor destroys a moon, call me. It's something when you cite someone getting koed by destroying a moon a low feat, don't it. When did superboy koed kal?

Can't remember the issue and I will be GLAD to look for the scan.

Sirius77
Fighting against someone "and actually doing good" is completely different than what you are saying. Namor consistently give top tier HELL. That alone speaks on how powerful the characters are.

If by hell you mean "fighting them", then a lot of street levelers give top-tiers hell too. I'm not saying that Namor's weak, I'm saying that he isn't on a level that would come close to beating people like Superman, Thor, or Surfer without them fighting like idiots. Even with Arthur.

carver9
If by hell you mean "fighting them", then a lot of street levelers give top-tiers hell too. I'm not saying that Namor's weak, I'm saying that he isn't on a level that would come close to beating people like Superman, Thor, or Surfer without them fighting like idiots. Even with Arthur.

What's the difference between beating someone and giving someone a fight?

Sr J-Bieb
What's the difference between beating someone and giving someone a fight? ...

abhilegend
Can't remember the issue and I will be GLAD to look for the scan.

You aren't talking about Titans Tomorrow, are you? Kal beat that superboy in two pages, the first time was Tim having kryptonite. It was diana who was koed by cassie.

abhilegend
facepalm

carver9
I said that Namor would give Superman a fight NOT DEFEAT HIM.

Sirius77

Well. If you beat someone, you win. If you fight someone, you may not.

Let's put it this way, if you have an antelope vs a lion, the antelope will put up a fight, but the lion will "beat" it, if he fights like a lion and not an idiot.

If that example wasn't enough, then let's apply it to comics. Hulk gave Zeus a fight, but Zeus defeated Hulk. I use this example because it's the worse beating that I can think of right now. Do you see my point? Giving someone a fight, and actually defeating them are two completely different things.

Sirius77
I said that Namor would give Superman a fight NOT DEFEAT HIM.

I don't think thats what they're talking about man.....

carver9
Well. If you beat someone, you win. If you fight someone, you may not.

Let's put it this way, if you have an antelope vs a lion, the antelope will put up a fight, but the lion will "beat" it, if he fights like a lion and not an idiot.

If that example wasn't enough, then let's apply it to comics. Hulk gave Zeus a fight, but Zeus defeated Hulk. I use this example because it's the worse beating that I can think of right now. Do you see my point? Giving someone a fight, and actually defeating them are two completely different things.

Hulk didn't give Zeus a fight...Hulk got stomped. Namor would give Superman a run for his money but he will not beat Superman because Superman is more powerful. That's what I am saying. I'm tired of the subject and really don't care enough about Namor to continue this debate.

Sr J-Bieb
Hulk didn't give Zeus a fight...Hulk got stomped. Namor would give Superman a run for his money but he will not beat Superman because Superman is more powerful. That's what I am saying. I'm tired of the subject and really don't care enough about Namor to continue this debate. Marvel character vs Superman

Of course you care enough to continue

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Marvel character vs Superman

Of course you care enough to continue

stick out tongue Namor would pull some wins against Martian Manhunter in a fist fight.

abhilegend
stick out tongue Namor would pull some wins against Martian Manhunter in a fist fight.
Who wouldn't against manjobber?

carver9
Who wouldn't against manjobber?

Namor would give Thor, Superman, Savage Hulk, Sentry, Wonder Woman, Orion, Nova, Gladiator, Majestic, and the list goes on...he will give all of them a run for their money.

Uriel005
I don't really know how to place namor. I just know he's not what his profile level says he is. I know he's supposed to be in the hundred ton + range but his fights make me feel he should be classed higher. IDK but I still think Superman takes this.

abhilegend
Namor would give Thor, Superman, Savage Hulk, Sentry, Wonder Woman, Orion, Nova, Gladiator, Majestic, and the list goes on...he will give all of them a run for their money.
Only if we use namor's high end feats and their middle end feats.

Uriel005
Only if we use namor's high end feats and their middle end feats. to be fair I've started going into namor a bit more and he's no chump despite the Imperious Rex, *******/doucher thing he's got going on.

carver9
Only if we use namor's high end feats and their middle end feats.

You might be referring to Namor high showings but I'm talking about his average showings.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Existere
I find it really hard to not misread 'organism control' as something much more awesome.

Maybe it's just late.

I had to spell-check. Twice.

I like how you left out your "special" Hulk, just so you could seem clever.

You might be referring to Namor high showings but I'm talking about his average showings.

His average showings don't make him beat high heralds.

carver9
I had to spell-check. Twice.

I like how you left out your "special" Hulk, just so you could seem clever.

His average showings don't make him beat high heralds.

At his best I don't think Namor could beat High Heralds. That's not my argument.

As for your Hulk comment. smokin'

abhilegend

As for your Hulk comment. smokin'

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2563/incrediblehulk118187ji.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9269/incrediblehulk118200el.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4384/incrediblehulk118211kg.jpg

carver9
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2563/incrediblehulk118187ji.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/9269/incrediblehulk118200el.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4384/incrediblehulk118211kg.jpg

Hulk>>>>>>>Mongul

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-02-03.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-04.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-05.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-06-07.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-08.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-09.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-11.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-12.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-13.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-17.jpg

abhilegend
Hulk>>>>>>>Mongul

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-01.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-02-03.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-04.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-05.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-06-07.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-08.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-09.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-10.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-11.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-12.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-13.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-14.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-15.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-17.jpg
Where was superman oneshotted? Debatable since mongul>wrecker.
sneer

DarkSaint85
Not quite sure how carved saying Mongul<Hulk is a suitable rebuttal to abhi showing howNamor beat Hulk....

Newjak
Namor is strong, he has given it to top tier strength guys before, He has some decent feats.

I would say its less like an antelope vs a lion and more like a mountain lion vs a real lion.

In a real fight the lion will win everytime, but the mountain lion can get a few licks in and at least hurt the lion.

He's clearly not in that class though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not quite sure how carved saying Mongul<Hulk is a suitable rebuttal to abhi showing howNamor beat Hulk....
He IS carver.

iceman24567
Hulk>>>>>>>Mongul

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/Green_Lantern_1994-53-17.jpg So? A Mongul that was koed by a rookie Kyle doesn't matter

Existere
Originally posted by Newjak
Namor is strong, he has given it to top tier strength guys before, He has some decent feats.

I would say its less like an antelope vs a lion and more like a mountain lion vs a real lion.

In a real fight the lion will win everytime, but the mountain lion can get a few licks in and at least hurt the lion.

He's clearly not in that class though. thumb up

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Newjak

He's clearly not in that class though.

Truth.

Physically, while Kal is clearly superior to both Namor and Aquaman, it's the other such as flash freezing the ocean or boiling it that are more detrimental to the team than his physical might.

paisapower
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Truth.

Physically, while Kal is clearly superior to both Namor and Aquaman, it's the other such as flash freezing the ocean or boiling it that are more detrimental to the team than his physical might.

That and his superior speed

-Pr-
That's actually going to be a problem for the team; Arthur's speed underwater will actually force Kal to use his speed sooner imo, which will cause all sorts of problems for the two guys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.