Resident Evil: Retribution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Seems like another one of these movies gets crapped out every damn month. And what's with the integrated advertisement? This is atrocious.. I guess I can appreciate that they're trying to keep in line with the past films, but this just comes off as shameless product placement.

puke

DMIeLC7AfLA

siriuswriter
don't believe the hype, they're not coming out every month.... otherwise netflix would have one on instant watch!

i have to get my "alice" on with "the fifth element."

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by siriuswriter
i have to get my "alice" on with "the fifth element."

lol. I just bought it today on blu-ray. It's awesome. smile

siriuswriter
Fifth Element? YES!!

and Gary Oldman as one of his many unforgettable villains. big grin

Patient_Leech
Yeah, he's great. I like how the film doesn't take itself too seriously. I think that's a big part of how fun it is. It's serious in a not-so-serious way.. lol

steverules_2
WOW ITZ IN 3D

And I still don't wanna watch it

Kazenji
Won't be seeing it, 3 movies was enough for me for these average live action RE movies.

siriuswriter
i have one on instant watch, looks like it's computer animated... any good?

RE: Blaxican
If you're talking about the CGI Resident Evil movie, no. You won't understand the plot unless you've played the games, and even then as an actual "movie", it sucks.

siriuswriter
oh blegh. that's not the answer i was looking for, blaxykins!

BruceSkywalker
will be seeing

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will be seeing

Are you a robot??

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Won't be seeing it, 3 movies was enough for me for these average live action RE movies.

Yeah, the first one was entertaining, but retarded. I saw one of the other ones... Apocalypse, I think? It was mediocre at best. Afterlife looked like a stupid 3D gimmick. This doesn't look much better. I'm kind of surprised they keep making more of them, honestly. I guess people like Paul WS Anderson mediocrity..

erm

Kazenji
Actually liked the first movie because it actually felt like the games.

Patient_Leech
Actually liked the first movie because it actually felt like the games.

Yeah, fair enough. It is entertaining. But what I mean by retarded is the fact that the super fancy underground facility didn't think to make the air conditioning system for the potentially contaminated lab separate from the rest of the facility. Stoo-pid!

Kazenji
Thats Umbrella for ya they don't give a shit about safety.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
WOW ITZ IN 3D

And I still don't wanna watch it

laughing

the ninjak
This series is like a cheap book serial about enlarged werewolves fighting elegant vampires in a base urban setting. What the viewer takes from it is based on the individual's imagination.

The best representation of the war between Vamps and Werewolves to me will always be the Pen and Paper WhiteWolf "Vampire the Masquerade" and "Werewolf the Apocalypse" universes. The novels were hit and miss. But the idea was perfect. And that's what matters in fiction. Vision.

I only liked the second film and I know this forth one will suck big time. If it doesn't I'll eat my hat. But that trailer was shit covered donkey balls.
I've learnt throughout the years to never judge a movie by its trailer but this............looks fricken sad.

An lol at the 3D comment from steverules, right on. Underworld is entering Resident Evil territory. I see this film as being the Resident Evil 2 of the series. Utter junk.

What makes a good vamp flick is their struggle with immortality, humanity and the ignorance of the society that surrounds them in their effort to stay alive. Not "I'm half this and that. I'm the ultimate killing machine. Oh no there is another more powerful than me. I must kill it. Oh no they have genetically created more of my partner. Now I must destroy the corporation." It's videogame generation junk. They keep making thse films for the IGeneration because videogames sell. But the crowds keep pouring out saying "yeah the SFX were good but the film sucked."

Oh shit this is a Resident Evil thread! I thought this was about the new Underworld film confused

Oh well same shit different smell. Just pretend I was ranting bout RE. big grin

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Are you a robot??

in a former life.. yes.. my name is Data.. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Nemesis X
DMIeLC7AfLA

I hate you Paul Anderson. So much.

Wait wait wait. Didn't Michelle Rodriguez turn into a zombie and get her brains blown out at the end of the first movie?

the ninjak
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Wait wait wait. Didn't Michelle Rodriguez turn into a zombie and get her brains blown out at the end of the first movie?

They probably regenerated her or something. Or put one of those octopusses Wesker had him in her.

And that Sony plug is I agree utterly shameless.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I hate you Paul Anderson. So much.

Mediocrity shall rule. You probably should hate the millions who have gone to see his crap repeatedly, which is why we keep getting more. Although, I will confess that I recently bought Event Horizon...

ugh3

...but in my defense, it's actually half-decent and has Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil. Laurence Fishburne can make anything awesome.

Kazenji
These movies are just a fan-fiction basically.

the ninjak
The only reason I'll be watching this is because I have a crush on Sienna Guillory...mmmmmmm Jill.

Kazenji
A Jill sandwich.....

-Pr-
Mediocrity shall rule. You probably should hate the millions who have gone to see his crap repeatedly, which is why we keep getting more. Although, I will confess that I recently bought Event Horizon...

ugh3

...but in my defense, it's actually half-decent and has Laurence Fishburne and Sam Neil. Laurence Fishburne can make anything awesome.

Event Horizon is awesome.

Resident Evil... Isn't.

Patient_Leech
I didn't know until now that Milla is married to Paul WS Anderson. Shit, that might explain why this crap keeps getting made. I hope they break up... lol.

Scythe
This turd just won't die. Zombie Turd. I guess this movie is alot like having real zombies in the real world. No one wants them, they keep coming...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
The only reason I'll be watching this is because I have a crush on Sienna Guillory...mmmmmmm Jill.
Same here pretty much, and because the Ada looks nicely portrayed. Other than that, eh...

I didn't know until now that Milla is married to Paul WS Anderson. Shit, that might explain why this crap keeps getting made. I hope they break up... lol.
I've been hoping that since day 1. Can really tell he's gone downhill as a director since that marriage. Of course, this isn't the first time Milla's married some director..

As for the Michelle Rodriguez thing, I heard she's only in this as part of a flashback, but I guess we'll find out for sure later.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Who wouldn't want a repeat of the look though?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9_n8AypMNIc/Ta7drpkLSsI/AAAAAAAABTI/HqHOCPZoyCM/s400/michelle%2Brodriguez%2Bangry.jpg

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Who wouldn't want a repeat of the look though?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9_n8AypMNIc/Ta7drpkLSsI/AAAAAAAABTI/HqHOCPZoyCM/s400/michelle%2Brodriguez%2Bangry.jpg

I don't like her. I don't know what it is exactly, but she just gets on my nerves. It might be the kind of intense butch thing she has going on, but whatever it is, I can't stand it.

Robtard
I don't like her. I don't know what it is exactly, but she just gets on my nerves. It might be the kind of intense butch thing she has going on, but whatever it is, I can't stand it.

Could it be because she's not a very good actress, is often typecast and does that look-down-while-looking-up-at-you-and-make-a-stupid-tough-guy-face in many of her rolls?

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's a good point. She is typecast quite severely. Lack of range might be part of it. It's okay to be butch, but I'm not sure she is capable of the other end of the spectrum. Milla Jovovich, for example, definitely has both... she's good.

steverules_2
Could it be because she's not a very good actress, is often typecast and does that look-down-while-looking-up-at-you-and-make-a-stupid-tough-guy-face in many of her rolls?

Heh, you just described every role she's ever done

the ninjak
A Jill sandwich.....

I'll supply the meat.

Nemesis X
What fans, and what in the name of Wesker is a Las Vegas parasite? no expression

Ridley_Prime
lol Maybe it was a typo for Las Plagas?

Ridley_Prime
Well, this looks better than the first trailer at least.

hoyMT-7wEqs

Kazenji
There's also this one that i've seen

29T_nSA3Muc

but its a pass thank you....i'd rather play the upcoming Resident Evil 6.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well, this looks better than the first trailer at least.

hoyMT-7wEqs

Haha... starts out as a good comedy... then gets horrible. Looks like a sequel to Ultraviolet with gimmicky 3D shots.

Aquitaine
Big budget cheese? Sure, but damn I enjoy it. Its a bit of fun amongst the usual slew of 'take it too seriously' blockbusters. 'RE: Apocalypse' is still my favourite, but the spectacle and action of those after it are still fun to watch.

I try not to scrutinise film adaptations too much as different creative interpretations and catering for a wider audience will always be paramount.
The originals (be it games, films or TV shows) will always exist, we'll always have the pure source to enjoy. cool

Kazenji
Originally posted by Aquitaine

I try not to scrutinise film adaptations too much as different creative interpretations and catering for a wider audience will always be paramount.
The originals (be it games, films or TV shows) will always exist, we'll always have the pure source to enjoy. cool

All these Resident Evil movies just feel like fanfiction's, Instead of adaptations of the games.

Ridley_Prime
There's also this one that i've seen

but its a pass thank you....i'd rather play the upcoming Resident Evil 6.
You know you want to see it when you love movies like Spirit of Vengeance. eek!

All these Resident Evil movies just feel like fanfiction's, Instead of adaptations of the games.
That wasn't his point though, but D: @ him liking RE Apocalypse. That was the worst of 'em all to me.

BruceSkywalker
looks like fun

Nemesis X
Well at least Sienna looks fine as Jill now. In Afterlife's credits, she looked like a meth addict no expression

Robtard
Like every other film of the franchise, it looks like complete shit.

Plus we get the joy of Michele Rodriguez back.

wakkawakkawakka
This..is just bad. Not even a popcorn flick worthy.

Seriously did umbrella clone her or something? erm

Kazenji
You know you want to see it when you love movies like Spirit of Vengeance. eek!

I didn't love Spirit Of Vengeance that much no expression

Avengers is a shit ton better then it

if i had to rate the second Rider movie again it would be a 6.5/10

Patient_Leech
Not that I really give a shite, but there's some new images

edit

Kazenji
Not that I really give a shite, but there's some new images

Not that i really give a shit about them too, But have to connect with Facebook to view them.

Like every other film of the franchise, it looks like complete shit.

Plus we get the joy of Michele Rodriguez back. laughcrycrylaugh

Only funny because I know how much you love Michelle Rodriguez.

Stealth Moose
Not that i really give a shit about them too, But have to connect with Facebook to view them.

Or you could click the tiny white font and bypass that.

EDIT: Good to see that Sasha the pilot from 2012 will be Leon. Almost makes up for the cowboy from 3:10 to Yuma being Barry Burton.

kimmstreep
Its best action movie,Female got great weapons during movie and the shoot vampires one by one very smartly.All execution was excellent and work on supportive characters are also creditable.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
laughcrycrylaugh

Only funny because I know how much you love Michelle Rodriguez.

She's a hardened, tough female character actor. And even though she's semi-attractive, she makes my dick limp. sick

Kazenji
**** this upcoming movie

i'm hanging out for this one

FmUR6f39dg4

Ridley_Prime
Ada sent by the BSAA? Well that's a new one. Like how it's going by her RE6 design too. Will probably wait for Damnation's inevitable arrival on Netflix though, while enjoying me a JillAda sandwich during Retribution no matter how bad it turns out to be (pun intended). I work at the movies, so not like I'd be paying to see it.

Scythe
Oh hell no, not anymore of this. I'll stick to the CG ones.

Ridley_Prime
It's been pretty much implied by Anderson that this will be the last one anyway, thankfully. And when does Damnation come out again? Depending on the date, I'll try seeing it someplace online as soon as possible if I have the time. Otherwise, yeah. Netflix.

Kazenji
I'll be buying Damnation since i don't use Netflix.

mariocarner
It is great horror and action movie.I also watched his every part and every part is amazing and now i'm excited to watch this new part because it released on my b'day. smile

Stealth Moose
I'll be buying Damnation since i don't use Netflix.

I doubt it will land on Netflix any day soon. Netflix is being awfully odd about releases. Adds Immortals and Conan the Barbarian and Thor, doesn't have like half of movies made ten years ago. Baffling.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I doubt it will land on Netflix any day soon. Netflix is being awfully odd about releases. Adds Immortals and Conan the Barbarian and Thor, doesn't have like half of movies made ten years ago. Baffling.

Yeah, Netflix and their view-instant stuff gets on my nerves.. they don't have engough availalbe for view isntant.

Stealth Moose
I was pleasantly surprised to see Conan; miffed about Thor and Immortals since I already bought them. It would be nice if they announced their intentions to get certain titles.

Kazenji
Sounds like its a waste of time Netflix for the older movies, As for previews/trailers just jump on Youtube.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Well with that newer Dead Space thing added on there some time ago and RE Degeneration quite awhile before that, something tells me Damnation won't take all that long to be put on Netflix, but who knows.

Ya know, as much as I enjoy all the Marvel things they still have on there like the recently added Thor, I miss all the DC stuff that isn't just Christopher Reeves Superman which they used to have. =(

Patient_Leech
Hahaha... this looks extremely bad... laughing

Hey, Robtard... check out how badass Michelle Rodriguez is..

NAWAM2ihwq0&feature=player_embedded

the ninjak
Lolz at Michelle Rodriguez.

Sienna Guillory is the reason I'm gonna watch this fan fiction.

Hottest woman alive in those films.
Makes sense she's playing Jill.

Nemesis X
Looks better than all the other fight scenes we saw before in the previous live action Resident Evil films.

BruceSkywalker
this will be good mindless entertainment

Patient_Leech
this will be good mindless entertainment

It will be fun to make fun of with friends.

BruceSkywalker
It will be fun to make fun of with friends.

i don't much.. i just treat these films as mindless fun

Nemesis X
Back in 2004 IMO. I consider Li Bingbing the hottest in this.

i don't much.. i just treat these films as mindless fun

Which is what the morally bankrupted Paul W.S. Anderson wants you to do so you can give him more money.

Patient_Leech
Which is what the morally bankrupted Paul W.S. Anderson wants you to do so you can give him more money.

lol. Exactly. Just don't spend full price on it, please..

rudester
Poor alice shes never going to escape those mutant zombies matrixs inflicted criminal guy".

I kinda like the series, it's different as in never ending.lol

BruceSkywalker

well these films are cheaply made and very successful , but im sure this one here will be left wide open for another

Ridley_Prime
Hope Anderson was telling the truth when he said this would probably be the last one. It's gotta end at some point.

Not sure now whether I like this Sienna Jill better than the one from 2004 mmm, but I agree that Li's Ada is the best looking chick in this so far.

BruceSkywalker
Hope Anderson was telling the truth when he said this would probably be the last one. It's gotta end at some point.

Not sure now whether I like this Sienna Jill better than the one from 2004 mmm, but I agree that Li's Ada is the best looking chick in this so far.

i don;t believe him especially if this makes money

Zack Fair
Will they ****ing end this shit? I'm tired of Paul introducing chars from the games only to completely ruin their personalities and have them be pussies needing to get rescued by Alice and become her fans because of how cool she is ~_~.

I wanted this thing to die ever since Alex started fist fighting Nemesis.

rudester
http://0.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/70/61/05493b83ac440e1012483467e8aad716-zack-morris-got-game.jpg

YEAH ZACK U TEllUM LIKE IT IZ!!!!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Will they ****ing end this shit?

Until congressmen decide to pass a bill to launch morons into space, very unlikely.

And even Nemesis fell victim to that ಠ_ಠ

You're not the only one.

Kazenji
Supposedly Paul Anderson still has an interest in doing a Castlevania movie.

Zack Fair
Supposedly Paul Anderson still has an interest in doing a Castlevania movie. umDr0mPuyQc

Esau Cairn
I really don't care how much the RE franchise is being flogged to death...I just like watching beautiful Milla.

Ridley_Prime
Supposedly Paul Anderson still has an interest in doing a Castlevania movie.
He also expressed interest in possibly doing another Mortal Kombat at one point, but look where that got. Still wouldn't mind if he did though and if it retconned Annihilation.

Kazenji
Castlevania still possible according to Paul W.S. Anderson

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/08/castlevania-movie-still-possible-according-to-resident-evil-retribution-director

Ridley_Prime
Don't really care for that. If not MK, he should make another Pandorum style movie or something. Despite how long a run he's had with RE, it's just not where he shines. Doubt Castlevania would be either.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I really don't care how much the RE franchise is being flogged to death...I just like watching beautiful Milla.

I prefer the chick playing Jill. droolio

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I prefer the chick playing Jill. droolio
Sienna Guillory is the reason I'm gonna watch this fan fiction.

Hottest woman alive in those films.
Makes sense she's playing Jill.

Great minds.

Ridley_Prime
Greater minds. 313

Zack Fair
Your asian fetish doesn't count 131

Ridley_Prime
It always counts 131, and blonds are overused/overrated and Jill shouldn't of really been blonde to begin with.

Sienna did look hot and awesome fighting Milla though and looks closely enough like the RE5 version, so don't get me wrong there.

Patient_Leech
Don't really care for that. If not MK, he should make another Pandorum style movie or something. Despite how long a run he's had with RE, it's just not where he shines. Doubt Castlevania would be either.

He did not write nor did he direct Pandorum. He was a producer for it, which means nothing. (Hense why it was good). He did direct Event Horizon, though, which is pretty good on account of him not writing it.. lol. I like to see him do something else Event Horizon-ish as long as he's not the writer. But unfortunately it would appear that he's becoming the go-to director for bad videogame films instead. He's only a few steps up from Uwe Boll.

the ninjak
I actually enjoyed this film.

Kazenji

msn-oh

Nemesis X
nosDufh5q1M

Oh really? Then how do you explain Degeneration and Damnation, Resident Evil movies made specifically for said hardcore gamers? haermm

I could say she's implying the movie franchise but if gamers are telling her that she's ruining a franchise, they mean the games and how the movie versions are affecting that franchise. So either Milla is tooting her own horn or she simply misunderstood us.

-Pr-
Or she's a plank.

BruceSkywalker
or perhaps she really isn't worried one bit since since these movies have been successes

Nemesis X
or perhaps she really isn't worried one bit since since these movies have been successes

Typical response from the wider audience.

-Pr-
I just watched the whole video.

Sweet ****...

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, was quite a bit better than I thought it'd be (saw it for free of course). The fight with Jill and Michelle Rodriguez's character was a lot more brutal than I expected even though we saw part of it beforehand in that one clip. Damn... The change in character for Wesker I thought was a nice touch too given the situation, assuming it was just temporary because I can't see even Anderson making him a complete good guy.

Other than that, the Ada, Jill, and Barry portrayals certainly did not disappoint for me (hard to say the same for Leon). Kinda sad though that brainwashed Jill was executed a lot more accurately than the RE3 brunette one despite that they were played by the same actress. lol

Oh really? Then how do you explain Degeneration and Damnation, Resident Evil movies made specifically for said hardcore gamers? haermm
I guess it depends on how much the CGI ones have sold (or will have sold). If they don't make as much money as the live action ones, then I can see why she'd have that line of thought, but if it's the other way around, then I guess she's in the wrong. Either way, it's also possible that she was just tooting her own horn as pointed out, but I still agree with her on this part:

There's hardly denying that much, given how divided the RE fanbase in general can be. haermm

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah, the fact I hardly noticed any of the slow motion crap from Afterlife aside from the beginning was a bit of a plus for this movie, too.

He did not write nor did he direct Pandorum. He was a producer for it, which means nothing. (Hense why it was good). He did direct Event Horizon, though, which is pretty good on account of him not writing it.. lol. I like to see him do something else Event Horizon-ish as long as he's not the writer. But unfortunately it would appear that he's becoming the go-to director for bad videogame films instead. He's only a few steps up from Uwe Boll.
I see. I guess I just assumed he was the director of Pandorum earlier when I briefly looked at that one thread on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy board, so my bad. Not sure if I remember seeing Event Horizon though, but been meaning to check it out sometime since you mentioned it. As for the last bit, yeah, that is quite unfortunate. Same with how he only went further downhill as a director after hooking up with Milla.

BruceSkywalker
Typical response from the wider audience.

not really, its been a while since i have played the games. and she really isn;t worried, is she were then all the films would have strictly followed the games and Sony is in the money making business and if they have to have butthurt fans than so be it.. if this film is a success and early returns say it will be than I will expect another film sometime in the next two to three years

Nemesis X
Not really, its been awhile since I have played the games.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you played RE and which was it?

facepalm

Again: typical response from the wider audience.

Not unless Michael Bay butchers everyone's childhood again with another Transformers movie which I'm sure is where Paul W.S. Anderson found you. Speaking of the jerk, I remember him telling folks Retribution was his last RE film. God I hope so.

the ninjak
Yeah, was quite a bit better than I thought it'd be (saw it for free of course). The fight with Jill and Michelle Rodriguez's character was a lot more brutal than I expected even though we saw part of it beforehand in that one clip. Damn... The change in character for Wesker I thought was a nice touch too given the situation, assuming it was just temporary because I can't see even Anderson making him a complete good guy.

Other than that, the Ada, Jill, and Barry portrayals certainly did not disappoint for me (hard to say the same for Leon). Kinda sad though that brainwashed Jill was executed a lot more accurately than the RE3 brunette one despite that they were played by the same actress. lol haermm

True dat thumb up

The film was as good if not better than the first one. Which alot of people I know loved.

Leon was nothing but some EuroTrash extra they picked up.
He sucked big time!

In regards to Wesker, it was the natural choice in regards to the direction they were heading. Too many monsters running rampant. Enlist soldiers to kill em then claim your place as head of the world.
I expected Wesker to murder the high council actually not Ada. That was stupid.

And finally my view on VG fans of the series hating on the film series?

Get a freakin life!

The game's plots are laughable as the films. It's just fan fiction so enjoy the ride.
I Luurrved RE:1 and RE:2 the rest sucked until RE:4 which I finished multiple times. RE:5 sucked and failed me personally on a huge level. So if Capcom can screw it up. How can we really complain?
I've learnt to enjoy Marvel films regardless of the fail. It's the nature of the beast. So take it as fan fiction and hold that Comic/VG universe as the real deal.
Hollywood deals to the masses and is run by talentless and soulless tards, get used to it.

Lucky for us Marvel and Capcom have are producing their own films. Capcom doing Anime and CG. Be happy they are there.

Kazenji

I Luurrved RE:1 and RE:2 the rest sucked until RE:4 which I finished multiple times. RE:5 sucked and failed me personally on a huge level.

Resident Evil 3 far from sucked but i suppose each to their own.

Nibedicus
Watched the film. Liked it. Don't get the hate.

Nemesis X
And finally my view on VG fans of the series hating on the film series?

Get a freakin life!

The guy who, on occasion, trolls on Videogame Versus is telling us to get a life? This is no different than haters telling bronies to get a life. If you have the time to mock people, don't you think you should be using your time for something more meaningful in life, being the better man? I didn't think so. Now shut up.

Forgive me if I've skipped any cutscenes with a telekinetic Mary Sue in it.

I would enjoy it if it wasn't out of control. I can appreciate the movies with some fanfiction so it doesn't feel like you're better off watching videogame walkthroughs on YouTube but there is so much different crap going on, it doesn't really feel like Resident Evil to the original fans.

You can criticize 5 but you think everything between 2 and 4 sucked, including Code Veronica? I'm gonna pretend this post doesn't exist.

We can't complain if they screw up? What?

Quitter.

I am thankful they're there but that still doesn't make me ignore the stein on the rug that just won't go away no matter how hard you scrub it.

the ninjak
The guy who, on occasion, trolls on Videogame Versus is telling us to get a life? This is no different than haters telling bronies to get a life. If you have the time to mock people, don't you think you should be using your time for something more meaningful in life, being the better man? I didn't think so. Now shut up.

Wow. I don't see how having fun on the VGVF a few times even compares to your butthurt. But hey, whatevs.
Loved the part about doing something more meaningful in life.
You showed me the error of my ways.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nemesis X
Wow. I don't see how having fun on the VGVF a few times even compares to your butthurt. But hey, whatevs.
Loved the part about doing something more meaningful in life.
You showed me the error of my ways. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Man, does the word butthurt mean anything anymore? Used so many times pointlessly in arguments, it won't surprise me if it's now dead no thanks to you and others who can't come up with anything else to say to counter one's take on your BS and have to go all "lawl you sure fail." Case in point, you're probably being a Troll now. And I still have to get a life?

Also, I like how you ignored everything else I said.

the ninjak
If I, a fan of Marvel comics can watch films like DD, Elektra and X3 and still enjoy them as fanfinction even though they didn't personify my idea of ideal representations of my beloved characters. Then forgive me for not expecting the same from RE fans.

I used to get angry as well. I wanted my fictional heroes to be represented better but in the end looked at it as lets say the Ultimate Universe in Marvel or one of their many re-imaginings....What Ifs.

Then I guess my point is to RE fans is "get over it".
Did they detract from the fiction? Sure.
Was it a mistake to make them? No.
Is it fluff? Sure.

They made up their own plotline as to how the universe emerged.
Created a unique character and took it from there.
Personally the idea of the virus not consuming the planet is absurd to me.
Human professionals standing a chance against characters like Wesker also absurd.

Maybe the series will one day thankfully end.
And a reboot will emerge that will make fans proud. Until then, just enjoy the ride.

In regards to the films ruining the games. The same can be said in regards the comicbook movies. Film plots influencing comic plots.
But personally I don't believe the films have effected the games at all.

Nemesis X
If I, a fan of Marvel comics can watch films like DD, Elektra and X3 and still enjoy them as fanfinction even though they didn't personify my idea of ideal representations of my beloved characters. Then forgive me for not expecting the same from RE fans.

Let me say again that I wouldn't mind a little fanfiction in Resident Evil. I never did expect all live action movies based on games to be 100% identical to the source material (unless it was actually made by fanboys) and if they were, they would probably be no different than watching a whole walkthrough. I would've liked seeing what would be different in the films but it just got out of hand. I would've liked fanfiction the same time it stays true to the source material so that possibly, any newcomers from the wider audience would know the Resident Evil that we know and love but I guess that's too much to ask for.

A very crappy What If.

Telling people to remove their sense of criticism is also telling them to lose their free will. If I don't like it, I don't like it. Tough luck, buddy.

And the way it's differently emerged, it's fanfiction and I would've appeciated it if, again, $#!+ didn't get out of hand. It kinda started off good but seriously, you can't tell me Paulie didn't go overboard the moment he made Apocalypse, Extinction, and Afterlife. You just can't.

She was almost growing on me, being a woman who was a former Umbrella employee with amnesia trying to find answers about herself but the moment she pulled off combos like she's in Mortal Kombat, telekinetically fighting foes like Jean Grey, and shooting in slow motion like she's Neo from the Matrix and using those haxxed abilities to take the spotlight away from the original RE heroes made her very, very unappealing to me. Her character is the exact opposite of what you want in Resident Evil these days.

And yet it can create deserts and dry up lakes. How can a virus even do that and isn't it the T-Virus that broke out? First T-Virus gives women telekinesis and it can even perform natural disasters and you still say the movie's plot is as absurd as the game's? Yeah, right.

Retribution should be the last from what I heard.

The comicbook movies are at least good no expression

It can make Capcom lose potential fans though.

Ridley_Prime
True dat thumb up

The film was as good if not better than the first one. Which alot of people I know loved.

Leon was nothing but some EuroTrash extra they picked up.
He sucked big time!

In regards to Wesker, it was the natural choice in regards to the direction they were heading. Too many monsters running rampant. Enlist soldiers to kill em then claim your place as head of the world.
I expected Wesker to murder the high council actually not Ada. That was stupid.
Retribution used some of the best things from the first movie (the Red Queen, Michelle Rodriguez's character, a couple horror moments like what the first movie had in addition to all the action scenes, etc.), and overall, I think Retribution is actually the first sequel that was undoubtedly better than the first film. Having some familiar game characters unlike the first film that were portrayed pretty well with the exception of Leon I guess helped too.

That said, I concur with what you said on Leon. He still had some cool moments though, but was just.. very different as far as personality and wasn't used to seeing that much facial hair on him. lol Did like though how they made a throwback to his implied relationship with Ada from the games toward the end.

Don't think I remember the part now where Ada killed the high council. Agree though that Wesker should've been the one to do it.

It kinda started off good but seriously, you can't tell me Paulie didn't go overboard the moment he made Apocalypse, Extinction, and Afterlife. You just can't.
Yeah, there's not really denying that much, but he more or less redeemed himself with Retribution at least IMO, which makes the movie title even more fitting, but I guess I'll let you judge that for yourself when you eventually see it on TV or whatever.

And yet it can create deserts and dry up lakes. How can a virus even do that and isn't it the T-Virus that broke out? First T-Virus gives women telekinesis and it can even perform natural disasters and you still say the movie's plot is as absurd as the game's? Yeah, right.
Alice was the only one whose DNA perfectly bonded with the virus though, so it at least made sense that it would enhance her or make her above-human in some way instead of turning her into a zombie like everyone else that was exposed to the virus. Basically what Uroboros (had it been released) would've done to the world if it didn't kill off most of the population and if the majority's DNA had bonded with it.

Things in the games like human characters standing a chance against guys like Wesker and the latter losing due to PIS (especially in Wesker's case) is just as absurd as most of the crap I've seen happening in the movies, to be fair.

The comicbook movies are at least good no expression
Don't act like they're without any bad ones though (Batman & Robin, the last Superman movies, etc). The main thing video game films suffer from (unfortunately) is that with every good one there is like the first Mortal Kombat, there's about a dozen other bad ones to take its place, whereas good comic movies are a lot more common in comparison despite the few bad ones.

It can make Capcom lose potential fans though.
If the live action movies were canon or something then I could see your concern there, but they're not and since Capcom makes CGI films for the game fans who aren't really into the former that actually tie in with the games' universe, what is there for them to lose fans over?

BruceSkywalker
saw this today.. its a fun film, can;t wait until the next one..

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you played RE and which was it?

facepalm

Again: typical response from the wider audience.

Not unless Michael Bay butchers everyone's childhood again with another Transformers movie which I'm sure is where Paul W.S. Anderson found you. Speaking of the jerk, I remember him telling folks Retribution was his last RE film. God I hope so.

last time i played was a year or so ago.. i don;lt keep track of such things..

nah not typical response, just being smart and realistic..

nah you see again Sony is in the business of making money so try to stop being butthurt over it.. Sony was ever going to follow video game to think that is part of inception

nah there is going to be another, after only a few days of being released this has made $71 million worldwide, Sony is Anderson is happy, this will make more in the days and weeks again..

you see Anderson pulled a Bay, remember when Bay said he wasn't gonna do Transformers 3, but then part two was successful, then he did part 3 and after that he said no more, now of course thats a lie since he is doing part 4.. Now Anderson said this one is last however, thats a lie since he keeps this one here wide open for more..

Estacado
The movie is utter crap.

Nemesis X
last time i played was a year or so ago.. i don;lt keep track of such things..

Not giving a shite about the games but you find the movies better. Holy crap. If it was just Resident Evil 5 you played, it would explain a lot actually.

Butthurt, really? If I was, I'd be typing like you but negative, spamming "My god this movie is bads. what the shite crackers man I;m hurt and betrayed RAGE mad RAGERAGES!"

So we can pretty much agree greed corrupted them and are soulless. Also, "Sony is Anderson is happy"?

You're missing my point and for god sakes man, check and fix your grammar before posting no expression

the ninjak
laughing out loud You know what Nemesis X I do feel the same way about the Hitman movie. Which was a terrible film adaption of a game series I adore.

But I let it slide. Because Hollywood producers have always struggled to understand the fans because they only care to sell a film to the masses....who unfortunately aren't gamer fans......well at least as far as they are concerned.

Though if I had great Hitman CG films to watch. I wouldn't care at all because HELL at least I would've received some kind of compensation.

But RE fans do have cool CG movies.

I'm gonna give a breakdown on the RE films to see if you agree.

RE1: Cool film. Not what I expected but very enjoyable.
RE2: A terrible film. But at least it told the Raccoon City incident. Hot Jill. Easily the worst in the series.
RE3: Loved it. A great zombie flick on its own. Carlos had one of the best death scenes ever! My peronal fav in the series.
RE4: Cool intro. Wesker was cool. But the 2nd worst of the series though.
RE5: An enjoyable film. Tied up the series in a nice package. Cameos were fine besides Leon...who was mass fail.

And the BIG QUESTION Nemesis.
If you could write and direct your dream RE series of 5 films.
What would be their plots?

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Estacado
The movie is utter crap.

My feelings exactly. Just recycled bits and pieces from the other ones, first 2mainly. Same people, same villains,Wesker was bad in the last 2 but is now good all of a sudden. The Red Queen being the villain again was lame. Alice losing her powers just to get them back. Is Alice even the real one or just another clone? Did anybody else thought of Lord of the Rings at the very last scene?

Estacado
It's not that story was lame even the fights were poorly made....
I rather get stabbed in the eyes then to watch this again.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
My feelings exactly. Just recycled bits and pieces from the other ones, first 2mainly. Same people, same villains,Wesker was bad in the last 2 but is now good all of a sudden. The Red Queen being the villain again was lame. Alice losing her powers just to get them back. Is Alice even the real one or just another clone? Did anybody else thought of Lord of the Rings at the very last scene?
There were like one or two recycled parts at most (maybe three), and most (if not all) of them were done better than they were the first time around in the previous films, like the Executioner fight. When Red Queen threatened Wesker's own survival with her taking over of Umbrella, it made complete sense for him to change or become a little good, even if it's just temporary, and Red Queen was executed even better than she was in the first film IMO.

As for LoTR, yeah. Kinda.

Originally posted by Estacado
It's not that story was lame even the fights were poorly made....
I rather get stabbed in the eyes then to watch this again.
I thought the fights had some alright cinematography like with the Alice and Jill part, but to each their own.

BruceSkywalker
Not giving a shite about the games but you find the movies better. Holy crap. If it was just Resident Evil 5 you played, it would explain a lot actually.

Butthurt, really? If I was, I'd be typing like you but negative, spamming "My god this movie is bads. what the shite crackers man I;m hurt and betrayed RAGE mad RAGERAGES!"

So we can pretty much agree greed corrupted them and are soulless. Also, "Sony is Anderson is happy"?

You're missing my point and for god sakes man, check and fix your grammar before posting no expression

oh no I've played all the games

dude frack it, who cares about internet grammar , I don't

laughing out loud You know what Nemesis X I do feel the same way about the Hitman movie. Which was a terrible film adaption of a game series I adore.

But I let it slide. Because Hollywood producers have always struggled to understand the fans because they only care to sell a film to the masses....who unfortunately aren't gamer fans......well at least as far as they are concerned.

Though if I had great Hitman CG films to watch. I wouldn't care at all because HELL at least I would've received some kind of compensation.

But RE fans do have cool CG movies.

I'm gonna give a breakdown on the RE films to see if you agree.

RE1: Cool film. Not what I expected but very enjoyable.
RE2: A terrible film. But at least it told the Raccoon City incident. Hot Jill. Easily the worst in the series.
RE3: Loved it. A great zombie flick on its own. Carlos had one of the best death scenes ever! My peronal fav in the series.
RE4: Cool intro. Wesker was cool. But the 2nd worst of the series though.
RE5: An enjoyable film. Tied up the series in a nice package. Cameos were fine besides Leon...who was mass fail.

And the BIG QUESTION Nemesis.
If you could write and direct your dream RE series of 5 films.
What would be their plots?

good points

Mindset
I'd rate all RE movies at least a 9.7/10

Estacado
There were like one or two recycled parts at most (maybe three), and most (if not all) of them were done better than they were the first time around in the previous films, like the Executioner fight. When Red Queen threatened Wesker's own survival with her taking over of Umbrella, it made complete sense for him to change or become a little good, even if it's just temporary, and Red Queen was executed even better than she was in the first film IMO.

As for LoTR, yeah. Kinda.

I thought the fights had some alright cinematography like with the Alice and Jill part, but to each their own.
Alice vs Jill was okay but Ada vs Alice looked terrible....

Ridley_Prime
That much I can agree on I guess (actually forgot about that part till you brought it up). The appeal with Ada though was nearly every other part of the movie she was in besides that.

Ascendancy
Really, the only thing I thought was weak about the movie was the very end. Clearly done to make for a follow-up, but it was weaksauce. All of the action was quite enjoyable, especially in the hallway outside of Tokyo and the sub-side hand-to-hand. I think the suburbs scene early on could have been done a little better so as not to feel so disjointed.

Saw it in IMAX 3D and definitely made it all the more enjoyable. Little video-gamish at times as far as the linearity of movement from area to area, but so was the first film so I can deal with that. Entertained the whole way through so life is good.

aliciad
well i dont think so.. this movie is pretty good and worth watching, even i like this part of resident evil vey well.

Estacado
Worth watching? It's not even worth downloading....

Ridley_Prime
IYO. The few that have shown themselves to like this so far (including some who didn't like any of the previous sequels) should still say something.

wakkawakkawakka
This movie was fun to watch even though I despised Afterlife. Oh and What happened to Chris and Claire, did they die on the ship at the beginning? The Red Queen was also cool as well

Ridley_Prime
I remember it being stated somewhere before the movie came out that they were captured by Umbrella when the Arcadia ship was being invaded by them and Jill. Kinda odd that you didn't see it, but if they were to die I don't think they would just have it happen off-screen.

Aside from that though I agree.

Zack Fair
http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/4/43/Dead_Alice.jpg

In order from "okay" to "jesus christ wtf is this shit?"

RE1 - Expected a lot more, but at the time it felt closer to RE than the rest
RE2 - Tolerable...only part that really makes me want to kill a kitten is when Alice starts fist fighting the god damn Nemesis
RE4 - Depowered Alice was a good move. Liked the flying and prison thing
RE3 - Uber Alice was too fkn much. Really. She was fkn retarded. Carlos is the only saving grace

RE5 Haven't watched it. Might watch it whenever I have nothing better to do.

Kazenji
oh no I've played all the games

Even all the spin off games?

i bet that was fun.

Mindset
IYO. The few that have shown themselves to like this so far (including some who didn't like any of the previous sequels) should still say something. i liked the sequels, hated this one.

Also, I like how powerless Alice is still basically superhuman...great move!

erm

Ridley_Prime
She was still no match for Jill physically while depowered.

BruceSkywalker
Even all the spin off games?

i bet that was fun.

a few, but its a while, once I'm done with school work I will try to get to playing the games

Mindset
She was still no match for Jill physically while depowered. Yea, and yet she was still back flipping and kicking zombies in the face, etc.

Ridley_Prime
Having athletic moves =/= being superhuman.

Mindset
Having athletic moves =/= being superhuman. Lol at those just being athletic moves.

RE2 Alice looked like RE5 Alice.

Ridley_Prime
Apocalypse: She matches the ****ing Nemesis in a fist fight without really any trouble among other things.

Retribution: She gets her ass handed to her by Jill the whole time until she was luckily able to remove the P-30 device from her chest. Other other significant thing I recall her doing was helping kill those super Lickers. She defeated Lickers much more easily by herself in Apocalypse though.

In short, Retribution Alice has nothing on Apocalypse or Extinction Alice, power and feat-wise.

Ridley_Prime
*Only other

Damn edit time running out.

Zack Fair
Will probably watch this tonight.

Mindset
Apocalypse: She matches the ****ing Nemesis in a fist fight without really any trouble among other things.

Retribution: She gets her ass handed to her by Jill the whole time until she was luckily able to remove the P-30 device from her chest. Other other significant thing I recall her doing was helping kill those super Lickers. She defeated Lickers much more easily by herself in Apocalypse though.

In short, Retribution Alice has nothing on Apocalypse or Extinction Alice, power and feat-wise. She never matched Nemsis in a fist fight, she was just faster than him.

And she was getting knocked around, probably would have died if the guy didn't give her batons. Nemesis was stronger but slow as shit.

If Alice was as slow as Nemesis the fight would have probably looked the same.

The lickers in this movie looked bigger and stronger, and certainly were able to take a lot more damage.

Zack Fair
Finally saw this.

LoL.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.