Survive as a team or die alone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Imagine if you may, an inhospitable world filled with powerful demons, where even the mighty are prey, and then imagine a team of Heroes plucked from their locations by the Beyonder. his goal is to see whether or not they might be able to survive for one year, on a planet filled with millions of demons, called the N'garai. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/ngaraidemons.htm

Can this team survive for one year under these conditions? Who would fall, who would live?
Superman (Team leader)
Thor
Hulk
Wonderman
Captain Marvel
Hercules (Immortal)
Wonder Woman
GL Hal
Sersi

Sr J-Bieb
Is the number of demons replenished to millions at the start of every day for a year?

JakeTheBank
Really they should all survive.

Though, Steve Rogers would make it a guarantee.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Is the number of demons replenished to millions at the start of every day for a year?

No a killing is a killing. These demons are pretty hardy though. The Mindless Hulk was nearly gang raped by six of them, and he started to turn the tide, but a dozen more showed up, and some of them looked more impressive that the one that gave him hell on it's own. Ref. Cross roads saga.

Sin I AM
ive never really seen superman as a leader...he's more so an example of goodness as opposed to being a great tactician like steve or scott

anywho sersi transmutes them all into daisies

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Stoic
No a killing is a killing. These demons are pretty hardy though. The Mindless Hulk was nearly gang raped by six of them, and he started to turn the tide, but a dozen more showed up, and some of them looked more impressive that the one that gave him hell on it's own. Ref. Cross roads saga. Hmm...
Are they allowed to blow up the planet?

JakeTheBank
Someone like Thor who can inflict massive amounts of damage across a massive area is invaluable here. Planetary storm control is a huge boon here for the team.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Really they should all survive.

Though, Steve Rogers would make it a guarantee.

Cap wouldn't make it in my opinion. these demons are immensely powerful in large groups, and move like cats.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Hmm...
Are they allowed to blow up the planet?

Nope the planet is unbreakable at its mantle. it can suffer crust damage but that's about it.

Someone like Thor who can inflict massive amounts of damage across a massive area is invaluable here. Planetary storm control is a huge boon here for the team.

I knew i should have taken Thor's hammer and Diana's weapons away. hmm, can I still do this... ha ha ha.

JakeTheBank
Cap wouldn't make it in my opinion. these demons are immensely powerful in large groups, and move like cats.

The worse the odds are, the more powerful Rogers becomes. As a leader and tactician, he's far more valuable than Superman.

JakeTheBank
I knew i should have taken Thor's hammer and Diana's weapons away. hmm, can I still do this... ha ha ha.

You could, but Thor can still invoke weather manipulation without Mjolnir. Superman, Hulk, and GL can also still effect the landscape and take out multiple combatants at once, too. Though Thor is still the best one catered to do such a thing.

Stoic
The worse the odds are, the more powerful Rogers becomes. As a leader and tactician, he's far more valuable than Superman.

who do you think out of all of the guys here is the best leader? My first thought was Superman, because of his ability to reason, and that he has a hard time crossing the line in matters of outright killing his opponent. He's the glue that keeps them together in a way. Well that's what I thought. I'm really not even sure that Wolverine would survive on a planet filled with these guys.

Stoic
You could, but Thor can still invoke weather manipulation without Mjolnir. Superman, Hulk, and GL can also still effect the landscape and take out multiple combatants at once, too. Though Thor is still the best one catered to do such a thing.

You should have seen the pummeling that the Mindless Hulk put on one of these guys, only to turn around and have it stand right back up Jason Voorhees style, and nearly tear him apart. It's pretty hard to put them down.

JakeTheBank
who do you think out of all of the guys here is the best leader? My first thought was Superman, because of his ability to reason, and that he has a hard time crossing the line in matters of outright killing his opponent. He's the glue that keeps them together in a way. Well that's what I thought. I'm really not even sure that Wolverine would survive on a planet filled with these guys.

Of those assembled here, it depends, actually.

Superman: He's a symbol and rallying figure and is able to inspire hope in his teammates, which could be just what they need at times.

Thor: Probably the guy most used to fighting foes like this at in large numbers, he'd be able to inspire the team to fight valiantly and never give in (albeit not to the degree that Superman could). He'd inspire the team in a different method than Kal would.

Hulk: Not worth commenting on, but Banner's intellect might be of use, though I kinda doubt it.

Captain Marvel (assuming this is Billy Batson): His optimism and never say die attitude would probably benefit the team positively. The guy's a bigger boyscout than Superman. And the Wisdom of Solomon gives him some beneficial knowledge of warfare and tactics.

Diana would probably be a good pick, too. The others not so much.

Stoic
Hey the Hulk did lead the Pantheon. He wasn't the worst leader in the history of comics, but I get your drift. I don't think they would all survive. And could see Simon, being one of the ones that might take a dirt nap.

This is my projections of who is most likely to die.

1. Simon 60-65% likely to be surrounded and killed.
2. Hulk 20-30% my figures are because he is a land locked character.
3. Wonder Woman 15-20%
4. Sersi 40% due to fatigue if the team was ambushed.
5. Thor 10% His ability to call forth winds, and create indestructible barriers would allow for the team to rest.
6. Superman 10-20%. his never leave a partner to die attitude, may be his undoing, which is why i gave him a higher chance of being killed.
7. Hercules 30-35% Like the Hulk, he is landlocked, but does not heal nearly as fast, and in a rough situation, he may fall victim to mass invasions.
8. Captain Marvel 5-10%. With his magical resistance, and ability to spot a demons weakness (Solomon), I give him the highest survival potential.
9. Hal 40-50% likely to die. In a massive attack, his shields and constructs may fall to an ever increasing number of demons.

carver9
Wait a minute...Wolverine took out a gang of them and made the leader scream out in pain. I think these are the same demons. Wolverine worked them and they feared him, calling him the unstoppable one. This team stomps...the only person I could see having issues is Superman due to his magic weakness.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute...Wolverine took out a gang of them and made the leader scream out in pain. I think these are the same demons. Wolverine worked them and they feared him, calling him the unstoppable one. This team stomps...the only person I could see having issues is Superman due to his magic weakness.

They have varying degrees of power. They may have also been written down from what they were during the Crossroads saga. You should try and check it out. I forgot what number the books was, but if I find it I'll let you know.

carver9
They have varying degrees of power. They may have also been written down from what they were during the Crossroads saga. You should try and check it out. I forgot what number the books was, but if I find it I'll let you know.

Deal...you might be right, they could have written them down. If there are other issues involving them, I would like to see it.

Stoic
http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/hulk/7 Incredible Hulk#308

Also the feat that he breaks through a magically reinforced dimensional barrier is between issues 305-308. Not sure which one, but it's one of those.

Q99
Of those assembled here, it depends, actually.

Superman: He's a symbol and rallying figure and is able to inspire hope in his teammates, which could be just what they need at times.

Thor: Probably the guy most used to fighting foes like this at in large numbers, he'd be able to inspire the team to fight valiantly and never give in (albeit not to the degree that Superman could). He'd inspire the team in a different method than Kal would.

Hulk: Not worth commenting on, but Banner's intellect might be of use, though I kinda doubt it.

Captain Marvel (assuming this is Billy Batson): His optimism and never say die attitude would probably benefit the team positively. The guy's a bigger boyscout than Superman. And the Wisdom of Solomon gives him some beneficial knowledge of warfare and tactics.

Diana would probably be a good pick, too. The others not so much.

Diana has served as a general on several occasions. The biggest being leading the Greeks and Indian gods against the Titans. She also created a pirate force and overthrew the large and powerful Sangtee interstellar Empire with it. Plus, of course, leading Amazons and some JL teams.

While not quite Steve Rogers, she's rather solid.

abhilegend
Kal has lead many times before. In Invasion it was he who was the leader, in Panic in the sky he was the leader and I was much impressed by his leading using different codes in kryptonian language to direct different heroes. In final night it was he who was in charge. It was he who was given mjolnir and leadership when he and diana fought in asgard for 1000 years and he didn't kill a single demon. I think they survive it.

LordofBrooklyn
They all make it through the year.

Sersi transmutes the environment on a large scale wiping out tons of demons.

Thor puts down a godblast that takes out several as well.

Simon is supposed to be infatigable in his ionic form so that means he is stomping demons for as long as it takes.

Marvel smashes through waves of demons and they can't harm him.

Wonder Woman provides relief for the top tier as needed.

Sersi should be able to direct Thor on how to use mjolnir to amp Superman. That means planet sweeping heat vision ala the Daxamites in a LSH arc.

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
They all make it through the year.

Sersi transmutes the environment on a large scale wiping out tons of demons.

Thor puts down a godblast that takes out several as well.

Simon is supposed to be infatigable in his ionic form so that means he is stomping demons for as long as it takes.

Marvel smashes through waves of demons and they can't harm him.

Sersi should be able to direct Thor on how to use mjolnir to amp Superman. That means planet sweeping heat vision ala the Daxamites in a LSH arc.

Why didn't you include Hulk...lol.

LordofBrooklyn
Why didn't you include Hulk...lol.

Hulk kills legions demons with a menacing stare and a foot stomp!

Sirius77
The lasso, the hammer, and Marvel's very nature are insane buffs for this team.

Like legend said, Supes and Diana did fight for 1000 years against similar demons. So they will definitely survive, even without the aid of the others imo. I think that the heavy hitters like Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder woman, Thor, etc will have no problem surviving a year under these conditions. They may even rid the planet of these things in a year's time.

Uriel005
The worse the odds are, the more powerful Rogers becomes. As a leader and tactician, he's far more valuable than Superman. fear itself comes to mind... F*ck Uru weapons imma go with good old guns guts and glory... its how steve rolls.

gogogadgetgo
Here's the deal, all of the members save the hulk are use to working as a team. Even Thor, who is a hard headed, proud ass knows the importance of comrades. And if its good enough for Thor, you bet your ass its good enough for Hercules. They can all work together to keep each other alive. The only one I see dying is Hulk since he is the most likely to go on jumping away by himself and get himself killed eventually.

Bouboumaster
That's one hell of a team.
I put usually put Hercules above Wonder Woman, but in that scenario, she's way more usefull.

I say they do it. They got a great leader (Supaman!), they got the brain (Hulk), and versatility (Thor, Sersi, Hal)

IMO, they key members are Hulk (aguarbly the most powerful, and by far the most intelligent), Superman, Thor and Hal Jordan (three other contestant at "the most powerful" title). They combine the versatility, power, and brain to do it.

carver9
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
That's one hell of a team.
I put usually put Hercules above Wonder Woman, but in that scenario, she's way more usefull.

I say they do it. They got a great leader (Supaman!), they got the brain (Hulk), and versatility (Thor, Sersi, Hal)

IMO, they key members are Hulk (aguarbly the most powerful, and by far the most intelligent), Superman, Thor and Hal Jordan (three other contestant at "the most powerful" title). They combine the versatility, power, and brain to do it.

This...

Hulk would have the most experience with them anyways since he has dealt with them. The team stomps though.

Q99
It also doesn't hurt that most of the team has at least some form of fast healing. Not always healing factor level, but at least 'given a rest, will recover from most wounds in short order'.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

I'm just gonna take this one out of context. laughing out loud

Scoobless
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/ngaraidemons.htm

Team win

Q99
Yea, if Wolverine could solo, so could a whole lot of this crew.

Sin I AM
the only person I could see having issues is Superman due to his magic weakness.

your mistaken about this, clark has no magic weakness

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Wolverine does suck.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I'm just gonna take this one out of context. laughing out loud

Hey this is a family forum! cool

Q99
Originally posted by Sin I AM
your mistaken about this, clark has no magic weakness

He's more vulnerable to magic than he is to equivalent non-magic attacks.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Q99
He's more vulnerable to magic than he is to equivalent non-magic attacks.

forum myth....he is not

Q99
It's... not a forum myth, it's been shown and stated in comics.

JakeTheBank
To be fair to both you guys, it varies depending on writer.

Sometimes magic is specifically stated and shown to have a weakness of magic. Other times magic is stated and shown to be something that Superman isn't invulnerable to, like say, bullets. Generally, it's something he acknowledges he's at a disadvantage at, though.

MF DELPH
I've always thought it worked that magic wasn't as much a weakness as it is something that his natural durability isn't best suited to deal with. It doesn't depower him like kryptonite, but it can hurt him through his defenses where a normal "physics" based attack/weapon might not (enchanted sword vs. regular sword), and high end spells will mess with him just as they would anyone else.

-Pr-
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I've always thought it worked that magic wasn't as much a weakness as it is something that his natural durability isn't best suited to deal with. It doesn't depower him like kryptonite, but it can hurt him through his defenses where a normal "physics" based attack/weapon might not (enchanted sword vs. regular sword), and high end spells will mess with him just as they would anyone else.

That's pretty much how it's been represented on several occasions. Then you have writers who just don't know what the hell they're doing, and they make it a blanket weakness (though the first kind, like you said, tends to be more prominent).

Magic in and of itself shouldn't be inherently dangerous to Superman.

Sin I AM
imo Magical Lightning should do no worse damage than normal lighting of the same power output...unless its really high end stuff, which like u said he'd be as screwed as anyone

MF DELPH
Well, there's the catch there that normal lightning/electricity would be somewhat absorbed on impact by Supes and not really stagger him due to the nature of his durability/powers. He's not likely going to absorb magic lightning because while it looks like regular EM spectrum electricity, it actually isn't, and would get past his defenses and actually hurt him, though likely not to the degree lightning would someone of human durability.

-Pr-
It probably wouldn't, because even with his succeptability (sp?), the man is still incredibly tough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.