Transformers Robots In Disguise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Another all new comic series from IDW

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2172628-transformers_rid_comicvine_super.jpeg

http://www.comicvine.com/news/exclusive-transformers-robots-in-disguise-promo/144153/

Sadako of Girth
Shockwave or Roger Rabbit? "Sort those ears out, son!"

Kazenji
Have'nt really followed any of these Transformers series in comic form

might check this new one out when it starts.

Sadako of Girth
Previous ones have been really good.

Kazenji
http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/newsletters/idw/idweekly/2012/02/pickweek_large-TFRiD01.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Well the artwork's rendering looks good as is typical with IDW.

monique06
So transformers would definitely goes on and on and on in the film industry? So we expect to have transformers every year up to a year we don't know when..?

Sadako of Girth
Probably, whether we want it or not...

And whether or not its actually transformersy.

Kazenji
Review for issue 1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=4407

Kazenji
Went in to get the first issue and put it away

theres couple of different covers for issue 1 of Bumble bee, Wheeljack, Prowl and of course Ironhide as posted above.

Sadako of Girth
I'll probably wait til I can get hold of the collected works at some point.

Kazenji
If you had the money buy all the covers and then put them up on ebay and make a sale from the Transformers collectors.

Kazenji
Just noticed with that link that i posted that theres also another series that has starting or has started, TRANSFORMERS: MORE THAN MEETS THE EYES

review
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=user_review&id=4361

Sadako of Girth
Oh cool. Anything that combines those has gotta be good.

Scythe
I really hate how this comic series and a toyline are using Robots in Disguise as their main tagline/title, haha, like a big middle finger to RiD/car robots fans everywhere. I was stoked when I heard we'de be getting new RiD stuff, I loved the show. Aside from the silly "attack-name callin' out before said attack is done" shit it suffered from, it was perfect. I miss Scourge and Sky-Byte being up to their old shenanigans.

Sadako of Girth
That was the original line though, as well as 'more than meets the eye'.

Kazenji
For 'Robots In Disguise' it has a Story so far bit with some info about the war between the Autobots and Decepticons is over with Autobots winning. Then something about a rift emerged within the ranks of the Autobots those siding with Bumblebee stayed on Cybertron to rebuild and Rodimus taking some aboard a starship

and it has some info about what happen before the other series started just before take off Rodimus's ship appeared to have exploded but it really just got teleported to another part of space

sounds like Lost In Space for that part.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That was the original line though, as well as 'more than meets the eye'.

Yeah, though the fandom's placement of "RiD" for newer generation stuff makes stuff so confusing. It'd be sweet if we did see some Car Robots characters return in the Generations line.

Kazenji
So yeah i finished the first issue for 'Robots In Disguise'

the Autobots have all the Decepticons on a leash they've put a chip in each of their heads and if they step out of line their head goes boom.

Kazenji
With #6 of 'Robots in Disguise'.... Monstructor, Jhiaxus and Bludgeon has appeared, With Jhiaxus he's gone off the deep end.

Q99
Robots in Disguise is pretty great- I love Starscream in government.

More than Meets the Eye is really great! The crew of the Lost Light is really, really entertaining.

Honestly I think these are some of the best TF comics I've ever read.

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/8f76280i13849/prv13849_cov.jpg

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=13849

Kazenji
Those two recent Annuals were good....Showed Primus in one of them and also the Metrotitans

quite like the artist Guido guidi how he does the flashback pages its like reading the old Transformers comics.

Kazenji
Oh shi-

Megatron's back

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1908/prv14538cov.jpg

Q99
Originally posted by Kazenji
Oh shi-

Megatron's back

Bee has gotten cold.

Also, I'm really, really wondering what Arcee is up to. She seems to be making contacts with everyone.

Q99
So.

Prowl.

Link to some pages

Kazenji
Been reading Robots in Disguise #14

Wow.......Prowl blowing off Wheeljack's head

Q99
Been reading Robots in Disguise #14

Wow.......Prowl blowing off Wheeljack's head

Oh, and there's more than that next issue. 14 and 15 are crazy.

Kazenji
Have they explained or shown why Arcee is acting the way she is ?

Q99
Have they explained or shown why Arcee is acting the way she is ?

Yes, very much so.

It ties in to Prowl and what he's doing- way back in issue 5 she talked to him about 'knowing his secret' after all.

Kazenji
Did you notice the artist error with issue #16

it was in that black room, There's a robot that looks like Prowl and is destroyed and yet there's prowl part of devestator.

Q99
Huh, I didn't, but looking, yea, that's totally Prowl and totally weird ^^

Kazenji
So what was the revelation that was revealed in the MORE THEN MEETS THE EYE book?

preview for ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #17 mentions it
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16600

Q99
The stunning ones in MTMTE...? Either the casualties of 16, or the discovery of the missing moon of cybertron in 17!

Kazenji
ROBOTS IN DISGUISE #18 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16760

something to do with Arcee.

Q99
Oh yea, good Arcee issue. With things being at relative peace, one of the most violent Transformers has trouble fitting in.

Kazenji
I liked reading about Shockwave's IDW origin for RID #17, How he was a senator.

Q99
Yea, Shadowplay in MTMTE revealed he was a senator before but this showed his story in more depth than we've seen before, it was a really great issue.

Kazenji
They had Waspinator show up in RID #19

they ever had any other Beast Wars characters show up in any Transformers books?

Q99
Lesse, maybe in some crowd scenes...? Basically no.

Vensai
Originally posted by Q99
Lesse, maybe in some crowd scenes...? Basically no.
Unfortunately, I haven't either.

Q99
Waspinator was in Lockdown's crew in Spotlight: Trailcutter.

---
A cool tumblr post on IDW Transformers Cyclonus from More than Meets the Eye.

Does contain spoilers, even significant ones, for the current issue, but it's a cool post.

Kazenji
They had Rattrap show up in RID #20.

Q99
And yes, of course that smile

For some reason when coming back to the thread I forgot which one had been mentioned (and I, of course, didn't go through to check!).

So, Rattrap and Waspinator. Two down.

Kazenji
What's happening in More then meets the eye lately?

Q99
What's happening in More then meets the eye lately?

They discover a fabled missing moon, which is under the control of Tyrest, famous for attempting to make two-state peacetalks between the Autobots and Decepticons early in the war, which failed but did result in the 'Tyrest Accords,' rules of war which both sides agreed to follow and enforced by Ultra Magnus.

Only Tyrest has gone loopy. He has Pharma (evil medicbot) working for him, and he's captured the Circle of Light (Drift's crew, the sword wielding bots). He's sponsored the decepticon titan hunters, and has created a line of personality-less bots called Legislatures to enforce his will with the tech obtained.

After the big trials (remember Last Stand of the Wreckers, the important data they were looking for? The information from these trials), he's decided that all Cold Constructed bots (bots made by spark-splicing rather than sparks found in naturally occurring fields on cybertron and it's moons) are destined to turn evil, and has enacted a plan to shut them *all* down (all Cold Constructed bots are made using the exact same copied code from the matrix, rather than having their own unique code, so if Tyrest can send a signal to stop that...). Every last one of them- Ravage, Prowl, Blaster...

Ultra Magnus is stripped of his position *and* his armor by Tyrest- it turns out that the original Magnus died way early in the war, and Tyrest created the 'Magnus armor' so that new bots could fill his shoes and be an 'immortal lawman'. The current one is a bot named Minimus Ambus, and is like the fifth Ultra Magnus (all the modern Magnus stories have been Ambus, btw).

Tyrest gives the position of Accord Enforcer to Star Saber, a religious fanatic traitor from the Circle (how he got past the Circle's defenses and captured them), and crushes Minimus's head.

Skids was really an autobot spy sent to make Tyrest retire with a piece of illegal tech (a 'thought gun,' which is also why he has amnesia), which is why those bots have been after him throughout the series, they're Tyrest's Legislators sent to tie up loose ends.

Tailgate has, like, three days to live due to a condition caused by sitting in a cave for several million years. Cyclonus is... not too happy about that. He decides to take out his anger on Tyrest's Legislator. Whirl, on the other hand, is happy, and he decides to take it out on Tyrest's Legislators.

And, well, pretty much everything goes down! It's big and epic and big.

Kazenji
A Crossover between the two books.......Dark Cybertron

and also another new series to start up launching from the crossover

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48782

Q99
A third book? I wonder if it'll be a mini/short series, three ongoings seem a bit much.

"And neither side knows what Shockwave is up to -- Soundwave (who's leading the Decepticons) considers Shockwave a traitor to the cause, and Bumblebee knows he's bad news, but neither know what he's up to. Will they side with each other against Shockwave, or will the Decepticons see Shockwave as a chance to reestablish their superiority?"

Sounds fun smile

Q99
The new issue with Soundwave was awesome. I really get why he'd be a Decepticon, and his relationship with his cassettes was great!

Kazenji
Seen this for January IDW solicitations

Transformers: Punishment

Q99
There's also going to be a new Windblade ongoing.

And RiD is going to drop it's subtitle and just be 'Transformers' next issue.

ZenGardenOP
Gonna check this out

Q99
Oooh yes, do. The leadup to Combiner Wars is pretty awesome.

Kazenji
So why did Spike Witwicky betray the Autobots back whenever it happen?

Q99
So why did Spike Witwicky betray the Autobots back whenever it happen?

Because he was always looking out for his own interests. He worked with the Autobots because it helped him. He dealt with Swindle for cybertronian tech at the same time for the same reason. It caught up with him.

Martian_mind
I just started picking up these titles. Pretty damn good.

Q99
Yep smile And soon to be joined by Windblade.

cdtm
Anyone see the RID toon?

It's pretty good, imo. Completely different tone from Prime, even though it's technically a sequel. Much lighter in tone, almost Power Rangers with Transformers.

Of course Optimus is still Optimus. I don't think Peter Cullen could do light hearted if his life depended on it, so Prime plays the all business grandpa to the crews kids, ala Ben 10 dynamic, which actually works better then you'd think. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.