Abstract Strength Feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
who has the superior abstract strength feat?
Superman/Captain Marvel: book
Superman/Wonder Woman: Spectre lift
Superman: Mini Blackhole
Adam Warlock/Infinity Watch: soul gems/Pocket Universe
Nate Grey: M'kraan Crystal
Franklin Richards: Universe Ball
Hercules: Lifting the Heavens

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/9/95903/1762280-smcm_super.jpg

feel free to add anyone I missed..

Nihilist
Beyonder beating the shit out of the race of Celestials HTH laughing out loud

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Nihilist
Beyonder beating the shit out of the race of Celestials HTH laughing out loud was looking more below Skyfather..

Nihilist
Originally posted by Nietzschean
was looking more below Skyfather.. meh, it was awesome tho!

JakeTheBank
Honorable mention goes to Thor moving the World Engine.

TheLordofMurder
Kubik holding the Beyonders entire universe in the palm of his hand...

Edit: The OP wants feats from those beneath Skyfather...

Thor lifting a portion of the Midgard Serpents mass is a pretty good feat of strength; dont know if you consider that abstract level though...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Kubik holding the Beyonders entire universe in the palm of his hand...

Edit: The OP wants feats from those beneath Skyfather...

Thor lifting a portion of the Midgard Serpents mass is a pretty good feat of strength; dont know if you consider that abstract level though...

You could quantify the Midgard Serpent, ultimately. It would be astronomical, but you'd still have a number at the end of the day. The World Engine feat is definitely not quantifiable.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You could quantify the Midgard Serpent, ultimately. It would be astronomical, but you'd still have a number at the end of the day.

Could you explain that with math please?

Nihilist
Originally posted by dmills
Could you explain that with math please? h1a8 is clearly the man for the job laughing out loud

He'll still lowball the shit outta it tho.

abhilegend
^It was clearly lighter than his house.

Nietzschean
I want to say Nate Grey holding the multiverse in the palm of his hand via the M'kraan shard. raver

dmills
h1a8 is clearly the man for the job laughing out loud

He'll still lowball the shit outta it tho.

big grin

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Could you explain that with math please?

I actually stumbled upon a mathematical equation that estimated the weight of the Serpent one day.

The tricky part isn't calculating the weight of Jormungand, anyway. It's figuring how much pressure he was exerting as well; the snake was coiled around the Earth and obviously was fighting the attempt to move it.

Nihilist
I actually stumbled upon a mathematical equation that estimated the weight of the Serpent one day.

The tricky part isn't calculating the weight of Jormungand, anyway. It's figuring how much pressure he was exerting as well; the snake was coiled around the Earth and obviously was fighting the attempt to move it. H1a8 sock account!!

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

abhilegend
H1a8 sock account!!
So jake is h1a8's sock account!!

Galan007
Ultraman lifting the infinite book by himself.

It doesn't get any greater.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Galan007

It doesn't get any greater. how is the infinite book greater than holding the multiverse in one's own hands ala Nate Grey?

Galan007
Scan, plz.

Nietzschean
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9877/xmenomegap45.jpg

The M'kraan crystal shard of the multiverse.

Galan007
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9877/xmenomegap45.jpg

The M'kraan crystal shard of the multiverse. laughing out loud @ the notion that lifting a shard of the M'Kraan=lifting the multiverse.

x2 laughing out loud's, in fact.

Nietzschean
laughing out loud @ the notion that lifting a shard of the M'Kraan=lifting the multiverse.

x2 laughing out loud's, in fact. u could have the same view with the infinity book or this:

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/796/796956/fantastic-four-rise-of-the-silver-surfer-20070615034515140.jpg

there is a point to this thread and abstract feats.

Galan007
Lifting a shard of the M'Kraan=/=any sort of high-end lifting feat, though.

...By any stretch of the imagination. none

Nietzschean
Lifting a shard of the M'Kraan=/=any sort of high-end lifting feat, though.

...By any stretch of the imagination. none In the comic the lil furball told Gambit that the shard was the same as the whole of the M'kraan crystal..

tell me what is the difference between the physical manifestation of the multiverse in the form of the M'kraan crystal and the infinity book?

what makes one better over the other.
while u are at it tell me what is the difference between the Soul Gems and the infinity book since within them is another Universe and manifestation of their respective universal aspects and held by individual ppl.

dmills

The tricky part isn't calculating the weight of Jormungand, anyway. It's figuring how much pressure he was exerting as well; the snake was coiled around the Earth and obviously was fighting the attempt to move it. Originally posted by Nihilist
H1a8 sock account!!

laughing out loud

Galan007

while u are at it tell me what is the difference between the Soul Gems and the infinity book since within them is another Universe and manifestation of their respective universal aspects and held by individual ppl. The hell? I think youre confusing yourself.

The gems contain power. Power is weightless. That's why an average human can lift them. The infinite book contains an infinite amount of pages. Pages have weight. That's why both Superman and Captain Marvel struggled to lift it.

Nietzschean
The hell? I think youre confusing yourself.

The gems contain power. Power is weightless. That's why an average human can lift them. The infinite book contains an infinite amount of pages. Pages have weight. That's why both Superman and Captain Marvel struggled to lift it. the soul gem itself contains an entire universe within it the same manner as Franklin Richards ball. it is not just power and depending on the power, power itself can have weight.

I like to add the Worlogog

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83104/1574728-hourman_and_worlogog_super.jpg

abhilegend
the soul gem itself contains an entire universe within it the same manner as Franklin Richards ball. it is not just power and depending on the power, power itself can have weight.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83104/1574728-hourman_and_worlogog_super.jpg
What the f**k?
So you think everyone who lifted soul gem or that M'Kraan crystal shard lifted a universe in their hands, so holocaust survived a universe stabbed in his chest? When jean went into crystal to repair it she commented how it was just a dimensional barrier which separated it from rest of the universe. As for soul gem ask Mr master.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by abhilegend
What the f**k?
So you think everyone who lifted soul gem or that M'Kraan crystal shard lifted a universe in their hands, so holocaust survived a universe stabbed in his chest? When jean went into crystal to repair it she commented how it was just a dimensional barrier which separated it from rest of the universe. As for soul gem ask Mr master.

they do.
yes.

and when Jahf explained the M'kraan crystal he said it contained the multiverse in its various facets, where space is meaningless and a shard of the M'kraan crystal is the same as the whole.. that the infinite cannot be reduced or some such in the age of apocalypse.

why would I ask Mr. Master, when Warlock explained the nature of metaphysics within the Soul Gem. It is a Universe unto itself. Strength and Power is meaningless when it comes to metaphysics. one is only as strong or powerful as one beliefs themselves to be.

their is a point to this that you are all either ignoring or too blind to see.

Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27414/2060023-1134587_supermanbeyond01page022_super.jpg

abhilegend
they do.
yes.

and when Jahf explained the M'kraan crystal he said it contained the multiverse in its various facets, where space is meaningless and a shard of the M'kraan crystal is the same as the whole.. that the infinite cannot be reduced or some such in the age of apocalypse.

why would I ask Mr. Master, when Warlock explained the nature of metaphysics within the Soul Gem. It is a Universe unto itself. Strength and Power is meaningless when it comes to metaphysics. one is only as strong or powerful as one beliefs themselves to be.

their is a point to this that you are all either ignoring or too blind to see. Originally posted by Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27414/2060023-1134587_supermanbeyond01page022_super.jpg

So holocaust survived a multiverse stabbing or all the guys who lifted that shard are infinitely powerful? Man, what a feat? Where was it stated that the shard or gem were infinitely heavy like with the book where it was specifically stated that to lift it you must be very strong?

Nietzschean
So holocaust survived a multiverse stabbing or all the guys who lifted that shard are infinitely powerful? Man, what a feat? Where was it stated that the shard or gem were infinitely heavy like with the book where it was specifically stated that to lift it you must be very strong? my point is that holding a universe in ones hands is an abstract feat and its meaningless in a strength feat comparison the same way a book with infinite pages or with pages of every book ever written would be just as meaningless.

Marvel doesnt worry about applying weight to such a feat hence, a kid can hold a universe in the palm of his hand as any other person without being Superman or Thor strong. Either both are valid or non are valid.

u should ask, why is Captain Marvel and Superman struggling to lift an abstract book when Guys like Warlock and Franklin Richard's can lift an entire universe in their hand?

universes with sentient life, planets, stars, galaxies and even books beyond what can be counted.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/wor1.jpg

abhilegend
my point is that holding a universe in ones hands is an abstract feat and its meaningless in a strength feat comparison the same way a book with infinite pages or with pages of every book ever written would be just as meaningless.

Marvel doesnt worry about applying weight to such a feat hence, a kid can hold a universe in the palm of his hand as any other person without being Superman or Thor strong. Either both are valid or non are valid.

u should ask, why is Captain Marvel and Superman struggling to lift an abstract book when Guys like Warlock and Franklin Richard's can lift an entire universe in their hand?

universes with sentient life, planets, stars, galaxies and even books beyond what can be counted.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/wor1.jpg
And? The difference is those feats were never meant as a strength feat or they would've been listed as such. Make no mistake, DC or marvel both have these kinds of strength feats and are listed as such

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength42494.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorStrength43494.jpg

Or like this

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31325/698598-99440_5_122_987lo_super.jpg

Or hulk clapping away a dimension (so I've heard). Where are those feats you mention are listed as strength or power feats?

Nietzschean
My point it doesnt have to be b/c it is an abstract feat but by their own nature and logic it has to have mass b/c they contain universes that exceed the infinite book that so many like to brag and use.

superman and Cap tag teamed to lift a book with every book ever written.

pffff...

a lil kid in marvel held an entire universe in the palm of his hands.

my point is quite clear here. dont use abstract feats b/c if u want to compare them than they are valid. cool

and who says u need a narration to state it is a strength feat?

a car is a car, a star is a star, a universe is a universe.. for decades writers have not mention strength when characters hold or lift an object that a person would have to be superhuman to lift or would be logically impossible.

here is someone using an excuse to try to discount and discredit something that has happen on panel.

abhilegend
My point it doesnt have to be b/c it is an abstract feat but by their own nature and logic it has to have mass b/c they contain universes that exceed the infinite book that so many like to brag and use.

superman and Cap tag teamed to lift a book with every book ever written.

pffff...

a lil kid in marvel held an entire universe in the palm of his hands.

my point is quite clear here. dont use abstract feats b/c if u want to compare them than they are valid. cool

and who says u need a narration to state it is a strength feat?

a car is a car, a star is a star, a universe is a universe.. for decades writers have not mention strength when characters hold or lift an object that a person would have to be superhuman to lift or would be logically impossible.

here is someone using an excuse to try to discount and discredit something that has happen on panel.
I knew exactly what your point was from the start. Nice try.
You forgot to mention that an aligator swallowed the same universal ball. Let me guess that aligator was trying to chew a universe or gambit can lift a multiverse because he lifted a shard or holocaust survived a multiverse stabbed into him. Your thinly veiled attempts are laughable. Keep it up. This conversation is over.

DarkSaint85
the soul gem itself contains an entire universe within it the same manner as Franklin Richards ball. it is not just power and depending on the power, power itself can have weight.

Lol you forgot to add that the Joker, Lex, MM and Superman all held the Worlogog so....I won't count that.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol you forgot to add that the Joker, Lex, MM and Superman all held the Worlogog so....I won't count that. feel free to add them for holding the universe in the palm of their hand. it is an abstract feat.

Galan007
The book with infinite pages actually had and infinite number of pages, all occupying the same space--that's what makes it different than the infinity gems. If it was a simple matter of 'metaphysics', the book would have weighed the same amount as a normal/average book, but it didn't. That's why Supes/Marv were barely able to lift it.

Point: when one lifts the infinite book, they are actually lifting an infinite amount of weight (as dumb as it sounds.) When one lifts the M'Kraan, they are not lifting the multiverse.

Juntai
Dr Fate lifts a dimension when he puts on his helmet. >.>

DarkSaint85
I forget what the purpose of this thread is...are we trying to compare abstract concepts? In which case, are we not doomed to fail?

How would we prove that one abstract feat is greater than the other?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Juntai
Dr Fate lifts a dimension when he puts on his helmet. >.>
you've got the hang of this. wink
thumb up

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I forget what the purpose of this thread is...are we trying to compare abstract concepts? In which case, are we not doomed to fail?

How would we prove that one abstract feat is greater than the other?

yes..
pretty much.

no expression

abhilegend
^You know a guy is either just joking or trolling when he thinks that lex luthor can lift a universe. You know how ridiculous all this sounds. I mean, come the hell on. I know what were your intentions when making this thread, but you can't be serious at this point.

Nietzschean
I thought u were done posting in my thread.
I also be careful who u accuse of trolling when I seen you post and name call ppl repeatedly. erm

KuRuPT Thanosi
My brain is hurting from reading all the WTF posts in this thread.

kevdude
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
My brain is hurting from reading all the WTF posts in this thread.

laughing out loud

Galan007
Merayn, of the Darkstars, lifts a universe:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11461219_d1.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11461253_d2.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11461254_d3.jpg http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11461255_d4.jpg

Flash wonders how such a feat is possible:
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/11461256_d5.jpg

Endless Mike
Lobo throwing the universe

(even though it never happened)

Sundipped
Just read this thread. If the soul gem contains a whole universe, then Dr.Strange lifted one telekinetically. I say that because he took control of the soul gem against Adam Warlock.

Horrificus
The Soul Gem universe is not physical. Somebody entering into it, is translated into their "soul-self". It would be similar to holding a dream within the gem.

As far as the M'kraan crystal/shard, Franklin's Ball and other similar objects are concerned, it is a mistake to think of them as physically "containing" universes/dimensions.

Sure, there may be exceptions to the rule, but, for the most part, these objects are more like "windows".

They are meant to be viewed as a portal, or, even a crystal ball, for instance. But, what seems to be contained inside physically, is only a view.

biensalsa
The book was also stated to contain the "whole of creation"

Problem here is that You can actually see physical pages coming out from the book

Also the Supermen and GL's of the universe moving the Orery out of Darkseid's "black hole" heart in FC

Galan007
Originally posted by Horrificus
The Soul Gem universe is not physical. Somebody entering into it, is translated into their "soul-self". It would be similar to holding a dream within the gem.

As far as the M'kraan crystal/shard, Franklin's Ball and other similar objects are concerned, it is a mistake to think of them as physically "containing" universes/dimensions.

Sure, there may be exceptions to the rule, but, for the most part, these objects are more like "windows".

They are meant to be viewed as a portal, or, even a crystal ball, for instance. But, what seems to be contained inside physically, is only a view. In Merayn's case, she actually lifted said universe, put it inside a purse, and carried it around with her... That's why Flash freaked out--he didn't understand how the phuck she could lift all the matter contained in an entire universe.

So in that sense, her feat is vastly different then lifting the soul gem, etc.

biensalsa
Also Zatana lifts a dimension when she puts her hat and shaman lifts one too on his bag

Horrificus
Yeah. The writers will make sure we know when an object is actually containing huge quantities of mass or not.

A strength feat like that is not going to be skipped over.

Prep-Man
i cant believe galan forgot about dcs merlin holding ALL of space and time. thats the best feat i have ever seen.

also lobo molding a city into a little ball and eating it.

a88378438
In Merayn's case, she actually lifted said universe, put it inside a purse, and carried it around with her... That's why Flash freaked out--he didn't understand how the phuck she could lift all the matter contained in an entire universe.

So in that sense, her feat is vastly different then lifting the soul gem, etc.
YOU ARE lie
why not show all scan?
flash:why doesnt it fall right through the earth,instead of floating about it?
a guy:maybe it's still separate from our universe maybe there's a trade off between density and some other principle

I also belive she lift entire universe,but sadly,she not,any normal man can lift baby univese,this universe

a88378438
this universe even just "floating"
what is "lift"?
why no people point he was lie?Internet rumor is that caused by why

Mindset
Originally posted by a88378438
YOU ARE lie
why not show all scan?
flash:why doesnt it fall right through the earth,instead of floating about it?
a guy:maybe it's still separate from our universe maybe there's a trade off between density and some other principle

I also belive she lift entire universe,but sadly,she not,any normal man can lift baby univese,this universe Meet me somewhere.

a88378438

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5et9UfkY1qlod9ko1_500.gif

leonidas
laughing

armedforbattle

Galan007
Originally posted by a88378438
YOU ARE lie ME AM LIE?! eek!

Raisen
ME AM LIE?! eek!

YES. YOU ARE LIE!

Galan007
saC13RJ8CUs

Mr Master
laughing ...

LeonBuco666
hulk resisting the matter/anti-matter attraction force(which is supposed to be physically impossible
The Hulk pushes apart the spheres of an anti-matter bomb... then hits one with such force, it overcomes the inertial field
Hercules holding the Earth/Heavens (apparently, not too sure)

yaadaveyaa
is the hyperion feat holding the planets apart qualify?

a88378438
ME AM LIE?! eek!
yes,she not lift universe,the univese just float

a88378438
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
is the hyperion feat holding the planets apart qualify?
yes,but he fail,so is not mean he has enough strong to holding two planets even just apart

leonidas
what the hell is going on around here.....? it's like we're being invaded or something..... blink

Diesldude
Originally posted by leonidas
what the hell is going on around here.....? it's like we're being invaded or something..... blink You'll to have excuse our gabi-gabi friend. PR seems to be fond of him.

Diesldude
Edit

a88378438

Horrificus

It doesn't get any greater. it was only a word doc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.