Thor & Hercules Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
No energy manipulation or exotic powers.
They can fist fight wrestle etc no bfr

1. No weapons
2. Thor gets mljonir Herc gets mace

Colossus-Big C
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Rz9f76JFsx8/ShAWzUAxPDI/AAAAAAAAALc/dl7Qo-nuVhI/s400/hercules%2Bvs%2Bgalactus.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/1725234165_77205d954b.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2lkqrgj.jpg
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5948/324520-h2zj7_super.jpg

Nihilist
Thanos in both

zopzop
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Rz9f76JFsx8/ShAWzUAxPDI/AAAAAAAAALc/dl7Qo-nuVhI/s400/hercules%2Bvs%2Bgalactus.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2347/1725234165_77205d954b.jpg http://i44.tinypic.com/2lkqrgj.jpg
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/5948/324520-h2zj7_super.jpg

Aren't every single one of those scans from What Ifs or other alt reality versions of Herc?

Nihilist
Those scans dont mean shit, Thing did the same and pre rez Thanos one shotted him.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
Aren't every single one of those scans from What Ifs or other alt reality versions of Herc?

Are What If comics off the mark in terms of what would happen if the real guys of the same universe did something instead of doing something else?

Colossus-Big C
Aren't every single one of those scans from What Ifs or other alt reality versions of Herc? Im not sure, but regardless hercules whooped galactus ass in 5 different issues big grin

Mshinu
Thanos gives the "You think you are strong?" speech and BOINK!s their heads together for the quick win.

Bouboumaster
Add Hulk and Thing, and Thanos still win

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Are What If comics off the mark in terms of what would happen if the real guys of the same universe did something instead of doing something else?

Yes. I think it's one of the forum rules too. What if and alt reality versions of characters aren't valid in VS threads. Unless that character is unique to the multiverse (Immortus, the Living Tribunal, etc..).

Stoic
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Add Hulk and Thing, and Thanos still win

I can see how this topic is going to get very ugly very fast. It could be argued that Thor would do well against Thanos alone without aid.

carver9
Thor alone would give Thanos fits...add Herc and they win.

vince_slice
Blood and Thunder Thor with the power gem gave Thanos fits and stalemated him for most of that fight. I doubt regular Thor without the power gem is going to give Thanos a run for his money more than any other high herald.

Stoic
Originally posted by vince_slice
Blood and Thunder Thor with the power gem gave Thanos fits and stalemated him for most of that fight. I doubt regular Thor without the power gem is going to give Thanos a run for his money more than any other high herald.

Can you give an approximation, as to how much of the Power Gem that Thor was using? Can you say for sure that when they were busting each other up that Thor was actually tapping the Gem? I mean look at his state of mind, then factor in that never once was the Gem or Gems used at peak efficiency without knowing how to use them.

vince_slice
Can you give an approximation, as to how much of the Power Gem that Thor was using? Can you say for sure that when they were busting each other up that Thor was actually tapping the Gem? I mean look at his state of mind, then factor in that never once was the Gem or Gems used at peak efficiency without knowing how to use them.

It was stated in the comic that Thor was subconsciously tapping into the power gem and growing stronger by the second. Doctor Strange made some comments too on how Thor (fueled by his rage and the PG) would gain enough power to destroy Asgard and eventually the Universe.

Stoic
It was stated in the comic that Thor was subconsciously tapping into the power gem and growing stronger by the second. Doctor Strange made some comments too on how Thor (fueled by his rage and the PG) would gain enough power to destroy Asgard and eventually the Universe.

When in the comic did it state this? Was it after Thor was locked down in a force cube? Context is key here, because Thanos was unlikely able to tkae hits from the Champion sporting the same Gem, and relied on shields rather than take direct hits from him. You see what I mean?

vince_slice
When in the comic did it state this? Was it after Thor was locked down in a force cube? Context is key here, because Thanos was unlikely able to tkae hits from the Champion sporting the same Gem, and relied on shields rather than take direct hits from him. You see what I mean?

It was stated after Thanos trapped Thor. Why would Thor only subconsciously tap into the PG after being force blocked? That makes no sense. It's not like Thor made the conscious choice to tap into the PG after being trapped, it was subconscious after all.

In the Champion fight it's not that he couldn't take hits from Champion, more like he didn't want to because his goal wasn't to engage in a fist fight. His goal was to take the PG, which is what he did. You're right, context is important here.

Stoic
It was stated after Thanos trapped Thor. Why would Thor only subconsciously tap into the PG after being force blocked? That makes no sense. It's not like Thor made the conscious choice to tap into the PG after being trapped, it was subconscious after all.

In the Champion fight it's not that he couldn't take hits from Champion, more like he didn't want to because his goal wasn't to engage in a fist fight. His goal was to take the PG, which is what he did. You're right, context is important here.

As far as the Champion fight is concerned, maybe you should go back and re-read it, because I saw something different.

Drax was tapping the Gem on a subconscious level and look what happened to him. My question is can you completely rule out that Thor may have been fighting Thanos under his own power before being force blocked? If not can you say for certain how much of a percentage that he was tapping it? All we know for certain is that Thor did not know how to use the Gem on the level that Adam Warlock would know how to. On panel evidence would suggests that Thor wasn't tapping the Gem to any great degree, because he just got his hands on it, was in a feral state of mind, and that it took Titania lots of time to learn to tap the Gem even while being tutored in its usage.

vince_slice
As far as the Champion fight is concerned, maybe you should go back and re-read it, because I saw something different.

Drax was tapping the Gem on a subconscious level and look what happened to him. My question is can you completely rule out that Thor may have been fighting Thanos under his own power before being force blocked? If not can you say for certain how much of a percentage that he was tapping it? All we know for certain is that Thor did not know how to use the Gem on the level that Adam Warlock would know how to. On panel evidence would suggests that Thor wasn't tapping the Gem to any great degree, because he just got his hands on it, was in a feral state of mind, and that it took Titania lots of time to learn to tap the Gem even while being tutored in its usage.

I've read the Champion fight plenty of times.

Are you really suggesting that the whole time Thor had the power gem in BT, he wasn't tapping into its power at all? Do you have any evidence at all to even support this?

Stoic
I've read the Champion fight plenty of times.

Are you really suggesting that the whole time Thor had the power gem in BT, he wasn't tapping into its power at all? Do you have any evidence at all to even support this?

I have as much evidence to suggest that he wasn't than anyone has in suggesting that he was. What on panel during that battle, did he do that he was incapable of doing without the Gem? He tore up things which he could do without it right?

What i am suggesting is that on panel it said that Thor was only tapping the Gem on a subconscious level, This implies that he was inept at its usage, and was in no way capable of using it on the level that Warlock would be able to.

Ask yourself this question. If Warlock was switched out for Thor, and fought Thanos with the Gem, how do you see the fight going? Just remember that the Gem allows the wielder to possess infinite strength, durability, and any power that they can use would be amplified to an infinite degree. Does that seem to be the level on which Thor was operating at?

vince_slice
I have as much evidence to suggest that he wasn't than anyone has in suggesting that he was. What on panel during that battle, did he do that he was incapable of doing without the Gem? He tore up things which he could do without it right?

What i am suggesting is that on panel it said that Thor was only tapping the Gem on a subconscious level, This implies that he was inept at its usage, and was in no way capable of using it on the level that Warlock would be able to.

Ask yourself this question. If Warlock was switched out for Thor, and fought Thanos with the Gem, how do you see the fight going? Just remember that the Gem allows the wielder to possess infinite strength, durability, and any power that they can use would be amplified to an infinite degree. Does that seem to be the level on which Thor was operating at?

You don't really have evidence at all. You assuming Thor didn't really tap into the PG during BT is kind of ridiculous. It was stated on panel that he was growing stronger by the second and according to Strange he'd grow strong enough to destroy Asgard and eventually the Universe fueled by the PG. But despite this, according to you Thor wasn't tapping into the PG much...which is contradicted by the evidence.

*Edit:

FYI I'd prefer not to answer your straw mans, because I've never said Thor was operating at "infinite" strength levels. I only said he was clearly much stronger than a regular Thor without the PG.

Stoic
You don't really have evidence at all. You assuming Thor didn't really tap into the PG during BT is kind of ridiculous. It was stated on panel that he was growing stronger by the second and according to Strange he'd grow strong enough to destroy Asgard and eventually the Universe fueled by the PG. But despite this, according to you Thor wasn't tapping into the PG much...which is contradicted by the evidence.

*Edit:

FYI I'd prefer not to answer your straw mans, because I've never said Thor was operating at "infinite" strength levels. I only said he was clearly much stronger than a regular Thor without the PG.

When was it stated that he was tapping into the Gem subconsciously? Was it before or after he was trapped in the force block? This is the evidence. You not being willing to admit this is up to you, but that would be on you. What did it say on panel in terms of linear events?

Edit: I wasn't setting up any strawman tactics, you simply want to see things the way that you wish, and perhaps not the way that they were. I have no proof that he wasn't tapping the Gem all along, but prior evidence suggests that Thor would need time in order to acclimate himself with the usage of the Gem. Is he somehow different from all of the others that used it, and needed to acclimate themselves with it? Did Odin tap into the infinite in order to burst Thanos' force cube when he tore out of it?

vince_slice
When was it stated that he was tapping into the Gem subconsciously? Was it before or after he was trapped in the force block? This is the evidence. You not being willing to admit this is up to you, but that would be on you. What did it say on panel in terms of linear events?

Actually, I answered that question already. You should really pay attention to my posts.

So are you really suggesting that Thor only started tapping into the PG after he got trapped, but all the other times he had the PG he wasn't using it? That to me sounds ludicrous.

Stoic
Actually, I answered that question already. You should really pay attention to my posts.

So are you really suggesting that Thor only started tapping into the PG after he got trapped, but all the other times he had the PG he wasn't using it? That to me sounds ludicrous.

You answered my question it seems, while I answered yours. My guess is that ignorance is a two way street. It doesn't have to be, because this is a discussion about fictional characters, and not about someone about to ruin your life. Right?

As ludicrous as it may seem, Thor was said to only be tapping into the Gem on any level once he was trapped in the force block, unless I'm forgetting something, this is why I'm asking you. I have the comic, but it's packed away, and I'm not willing to go out into my shed to get it in order for you or someone else to correct any misstep that I may be making.

I mentioned how easily Odin popped the force block that he was placed in, and have a difficult time believing that he was operating at infinite levels of strength to do so. What we can see from just that one example is that Thor was below Odin's level in terms of strength, and power, and he had the Gem. over-hype leads many people to misjudge things when they should not. I have been guilty of doing this a few times.

vince_slice
You answered my question it seems, while I answered yours. My guess is that ignorance is a two way street. It doesn't have to be, because this is a discussion about fictional characters, and not about someone about to ruin your life. Right?

As ludicrous as it may seem, Thor was said to only be tapping into the Gem on any level once he was trapped in the force block, unless I'm forgetting something, this is why I'm asking you. I have the comic, but it's packed away, and I'm not willing to go out into my shed to get it in order for you or someone else to correct any misstep that I may be making.

I mentioned how easily Odin popped the force block that he was placed in, and have a difficult time believing that he was operating at infinite levels of strength to do so. What we can see from just that one example is that Thor was below Odin's level in terms of strength, and power, and he had the Gem. over-hype leads many people to misjudge things when they should not. I have been guilty of doing this a few times.

Yeah but just because the comic explained Thor was subconsciously tapping into the PG after he was trapped isn't evidence that that's the time he started using it...Think of it from the writer's intent, why would the writer have Thor get the PG only to not use it during the Thanos fight, and than start using it when force blocked? Makes no sense to me.

Thor might not be fully tapping the gem to it's infinite levels, but he was tapping into it with enough power that I would consider him much stronger than a regular Thor. I mean I thought this was common sense: BT Thor with a PG is logically stronger than regular Thor without the PG.

I have the scans for all 13 issues in my external hard drive. I would've grabbed them a long time ago if my power plug worked for it.

Naija boy
Thanos

Stoic
Yeah but just because the comic explained Thor was subconsciously tapping into the PG after he was trapped isn't evidence that that's the time he started using it...Think of it from the writer's intent, why would the writer have Thor get the PG only to not use it during the Thanos fight, and than start using it when force blocked? Makes no sense to me.

Thor might not be fully tapping the gem to it's infinite levels, but he was tapping into it with enough power that I would consider him much stronger than a regular Thor. I mean I thought this was common sense: BT Thor with a PG is logically stronger than regular Thor without the PG.

I have the scans for all 13 issues in my external hard drive. I would've grabbed them a long time ago if my power plug worked for it.

This is my thing. Titania, while having a clear mind was incapable of lifting a 100 ton boulder, which ended up falling on her, and she was being told how to use the Gem, this type of thing went on for some time before she was able to become acclimated, and comfortable with being able to consciously tap the Gem. Thor had no tutelage, and was in a state of near berserker rage.

Drax was also of a similar intellect as Thor was at the time of his possession of the Gem. let's delve deeper into Drax, and just how strong he was without the Gem. Drax was strong enough to overpower the Surfer, and nearly break his neck when they first met in his newly infantile incarnated huge body. Thor dropped him like a peg, and Drax had the Gem. How much was Drax taping the Gem at that time? It was also said that he was tapping the Gem on a subconscious level.

Odin was trapped in a block of force by Thanos, and unless it was the shoddy second rate version of the force block that he used on Thor, he broke out of it very fast. Thor with the PG was unable to, and only after being held was it stated that he began to grow in power.

Thor may have been as strong as he normally is, or slightly stronger, but it wasn't anywhere near the power that Warlock, or even Titania was throwing around. Thor could not have been taping it, because he did not know how to use it. If this does not make any sense to you then go on the premise that Thanos would be able to oneshot Thor, and a conflict between him and Thor wouldn't last for more than 3-4 panels. If you think this, you may be underestimating Thor, despite his stupendous performances prior or since the battle. Just recall one thing. Thor was going for broke, and not holding back.

Horrificus
Aren't every single one of those scans from What Ifs or other alt reality versions of Herc? I think those "Galacti" were floats in a parade, when Herc was dippin in the vino.

quanchi112
Thanos.

zopzop

It was indeed mentioned that he was tapping into the Power Gem an issue or two before the confrontation with Thanos. I forgot if it was Dr. Strange or Moondragon that mentioned it (hell could have been Adam Warlock) I forget cause all three were there.

EDIT :

Here are the scans -
Adam mentions it
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1638/part1rj.th.jpg

Dr. Strange mentions it
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/5278/part2f.th.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9344/part3dq.th.jpg

This happened in Thor 470.

Nihilist
But Zopzop those scans are bs.... as it proves Thanos was fighting a Thor that was constantly amping, Thanos feats can only be lowballed smile

Booster Golden

h1a8
I have a hard time believing Thanos will beat Hercules alone just using fists. This fight is pretty lopsided in favor of Thor and Hercules (with or without weapons).

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by carver9
Thor alone would give Thanos fits...add Herc and they win.

Not even Rage believes this... why should you?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Did you honestly even read the fight in awhile. His own words when he was fighting the IW and surfer prove he was using the Gem.. and clearly doing so.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
I have a hard time believing Thanos will beat Hercules alone just using fists. This fight is pretty lopsided in favor of Thor and Hercules (with or without weapons). This is why no one takes you seriously.

vince_slice

Looks like zopzop just made your day.

If this does not make any sense to you then go on the premise that Thanos would be able to oneshot Thor, and a conflict between him and Thor wouldn't last for more than 3-4 panels. If you think this, you may be underestimating Thor, despite his stupendous performances prior or since the battle. Just recall one thing. Thor was going for broke, and not holding back.

Highly doubt Thanos can one-shot Thor but I don't think the bolded is too far off. Would you think a conflict between Surfer and Thanos lasting only 7 panels (3 panels more than what you suggested with Thor) be too crazy? Because that's exactly how many panels it took for Thanos to beat Surfer within in inch of his life. Assuming Thor and Surfer have roughly equal durability, if Thor tried tanking the same shots he'd end up in the same shape as Surfer more or less (near death).

I'm not underestimating Thor, are you sure its not you that's underestimating Thanos?

Stoic
Looks like zopzop just made your day.

Highly doubt Thanos can one-shot Thor but I don't think the bolded is too far off. Would you think a conflict between Surfer and Thanos lasting only 7 panels (3 panels more than what you suggested with Thor) be too crazy? Because that's exactly how many panels it took for Thanos to beat Surfer within in inch of his life. Assuming Thor and Surfer have roughly equal durability, if Thor tried tanking the same shots he'd end up in the same shape as Surfer more or less (near death).

I'm not underestimating Thor, are you sure its not you that's underestimating Thanos?

That scan shows me that Thor was subconsciously tapping from the Power Gem, and not actively tapping from it. Other scans show that he was not actively tapping from the PG. The scene in question, and the one that we should be concentrating on, is the battle between Thor and Thanos.

That scan should in no way allow people to pop out of the cracks claiming more than what happened in every panel since Thor gained possession of the Power Gem. Drax had bursts that he tapped into the Power Gem, but this was on a subconscious level, and as I pointed out earlier was not him tapping into it on an active level. There is a difference in the two words.

The book even states that Thor was tapping into it on a subconscious level, and as I stated earlier, only after he was placed into the force block did he begin tapping from the Gem, which was also stated on panel.

I'm not underestimating Thanos, I just don't believe that he would beat anyone that was using the Power Gem properly, or actively tapping from it. Thor is not the Silver Surfer. Thor has the Hammer. What was the ful context of the Surfer taking that horrible beating from Thanos? Was he fully prepared before the mugging happened? Was he given ample time to amplify? The Surfer also does not fight the same as Thor does, so he could have all of the power that he wants to have, but if he fights like an idiot, guys like Thanos will always defeat him.

Khoon beat the Surfer soundly as well, but this does not mean that he would beat Thor. Let me make myself clear. I don't think that Thor would beat Thanos, and never have, but I don't believe that thanos would beat him in 7 panels with or without the PG.

If Thor was actively tapping the Gem on the level that Adam Warlock could, and can, Thanos would have been slaughtered. People stating that Thor was operating at 2x his base while using the Gem are speculating, as it was never stated on panel what percentage that he was using the Power Gem.

quanchi112
@Stoic

You are speculating that it wasn't two times his normal strength. We do know he was amped by the power gem. That's a fact. Thanos is a great deal more powerful than Thor so acting like he'd slaughter Thanos is just about as extreme as you can get without any proof. Quit speculating and acting like other posters can't do the same.

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
@Stoic

You are speculating that it wasn't two times his normal strength. We do know he was amped by the power gem. That's a fact. Thanos is a great deal more powerful than Thor so acting like he'd slaughter Thanos is just about as extreme as you can get without any proof. Quit speculating and acting like other posters can't do the same.

Are you trying to say that Adam Warlock with the Power Gem would have a problem slaughtering Thanos?

quanchi112
Are you trying to say that Adam Warlock with the Power Gem would have a problem slaughtering Thanos? I am saying Thor was amped and is far more powerful than warlock is.

Stoic
I am saying Thor was amped and is far more powerful than warlock is.

With the Power gem it would not matter, because Warlock would be far more powerful than Thor if he were using it. He knows how to actively tap into it, whereas Thor was tapping into it on a subconscious level. This means that we have no idea when he was tapping into it during his fight with Thanos, or if he was tapping into it, because he simply did not possess the knowledge of how to use the Gem and unlock it's full potential.

vince_slice
That scan shows me that Thor was subconsciously tapping from the Power Gem, and not actively tapping from it. Other scans show that he was not actively tapping from the PG. The scene in question, and the one that we should be concentrating on, is the battle between Thor and Thanos.

You claimed that Thor didn't start tapping into the PG until he was force blocked. Zopzop's scans proved that you were absolutely wrong. Now you're coming up with yet another excuse claiming Thor wasn't amped with the PG when he fought Thanos only (with zero evidence to back your claim, how convenient). You're starting to smell a little desperate. What proof do you have that Thor stopped using the PG in his Thanos fight?

Take your own advice, you're the one vomiting excuse after excuse when you're proven wrong. First you claim Thor didn't really use the PG in BT, then you claim he only used it while force blocked, now you're claiming he stopped using it when he fought Thanos. Who's "popping out of the cracks" and "claiming more than what happened" now?

We know that Thor was tapping into the PG subconsciously and growing stronger the longer he had it, we know he tapped into the PG before the Thanos fight. Common sense tells us he was amped with the PG when he fought Thanos and was growing stronger as the fight went on and would've overpowered Thanos eventually. It's that simple, this isn't rocket science, this is comic books. Do you have proof Thor randomly stopped using the PG subconsciously as soon as he entered the Thanos fight?

The book also states Thor tapped into the PG and started using it just before he fought Thanos, so this is not relevant.

I was comparing something specific, their durability. But we know that Surfer and Thor are peers and nearly equals (they even have similar versatility). This is further reinforced based on their most current fight in The Mighty Thor. If Thanos can so easily neutralize Surfer solo he'd likely be able to do so to Thor with more or less difficulty.

Here's the context: Surfer blasts Thanos while bull-rushing him, Thanos casually blocks his blast with one hand and proceeds to physically beat down Surfer until he is literally near death (in 7 panels). Thanos takes Surfer to give to Death as a gift (hence why he kept Surfer with only a spark of life left). Death rejects Thanos; Thanos with a mere gesture restores all of Surfer's life back.

No one claimed Thanos was beating Thor with the PG in 7 panels. Rather, Thanos should be able to beat Thor with more or less difficulty than any other high herald he beats (which isn't much). The fact that a high-end BT Thor with the PG only stalemated Thanos logically shows that an average Thor without the PG would get beaten. Or are you also going to argue that Thor operates at his BT levels on average?

Again, no one claimed Thor was using the PG to it's full potential. Only that the PG amped Thor making him significantly stronger than his regular self. This is not speculation, this is what happened in the comic. You're the one "speculating" because you're the one making a claim--that Thor wasn't amped with the PG when he fought Thanos--with zero proof that he stopped amping. That's the very definition of speculation: claiming something without evidence.

Is it that hard for you to believe Thanos was stalemating a high-end Thor who was progressively amping with the PG? Given more time Thanos would've of lost eventually. Is this too extreme a view for you?

h1a8
This is why no one takes you seriously.

This is why no one takes you seriously.

Stoic
You claimed that Thor didn't start tapping into the PG until he was force blocked. Zopzop's scans proved that you were absolutely wrong. Now you're coming up with yet another excuse claiming Thor wasn't amped with the PG when he fought Thanos only (with zero evidence to back your claim, how convenient). You're starting to smell a little desperate. What proof do you have that Thor stopped using the PG in his Thanos fight?

Take your own advice, you're the one vomiting excuse after excuse when you're proven wrong. First you claim Thor didn't really use the PG in BT, then you claim he only used it while force blocked, now you're claiming he stopped using it when he fought Thanos. Who's "popping out of the cracks" and "claiming more than what happened" now?

We know that Thor was tapping into the PG subconsciously and growing stronger the longer he had it, we know he tapped into the PG before the Thanos fight. Common sense tells us he was amped with the PG when he fought Thanos and was growing stronger as the fight went on and would've overpowered Thanos eventually. It's that simple, this isn't rocket science, this is comic books. Do you have proof Thor randomly stopped using the PG subconsciously as soon as he entered the Thanos fight?

The book also states Thor tapped into the PG and started using it just before he fought Thanos, so this is not relevant.

I was comparing something specific, their durability. But we know that Surfer and Thor are peers and nearly equals (they even have similar versatility). This is further reinforced based on their most current fight in The Mighty Thor. If Thanos can so easily neutralize Surfer solo he'd likely be able to do so to Thor with more or less difficulty.

Here's the context: Surfer blasts Thanos while bull-rushing him, Thanos casually blocks his blast with one hand and proceeds to physically beat down Surfer until he is literally near death (in 7 panels). Thanos takes Surfer to give to Death as a gift (hence why he kept Surfer with only a spark of life left). Death rejects Thanos; Thanos with a mere gesture restores all of Surfer's life back.

No one claimed Thanos was beating Thor with the PG in 7 panels. Rather, Thanos should be able to beat Thor with more or less difficulty than any other high herald he beats (which isn't much). The fact that a high-end BT Thor with the PG only stalemated Thanos logically shows that an average Thor without the PG would get beaten. Or are you also going to argue that Thor operates at his BT levels on average?

Again, no one claimed Thor was using the PG to it's full potential. Only that the PG amped Thor making him significantly stronger than his regular self. This is not speculation, this is what happened in the comic. You're the one "speculating" because you're the one making a claim--that Thor wasn't amped with the PG when he fought Thanos--with zero proof that he stopped amping. That's the very definition of speculation: claiming something without evidence.

Is it that hard for you to believe Thanos was stalemating a high-end Thor who was progressively amping with the PG? Given more time Thanos would've of lost eventually. Is this too extreme a view for you?

You're putting words down that I never wrote. My whole stance was, and is that we did not know how much Thor was tapping into the Power Gem. It was never stated on panel that he was, it was only stated that he was subconsciously tapping into it. Drax subconsciously tapped into the Power Gem, and look how easily he was defeated by Thor, yet alone someone who is more powerful than Thor at base levels (Thanos).

Now my question to you is this. If Adam Warlock had possession of the Power Gem, do you believe that Thanos would be able to do anything other than be defeated soundly? All of that stuff that you just typed was for nothing, because it still does not overturn the fact that on panel Thor was not actively tapping into the Power Gem. Thor did not know how to actively tap into the Power Gem. So unless the writer messed up on the true power that can be taken from the Power Gem, people need to stop claiming that Thanos has the power to take on a Power Gem wielder, who actually knows how to use the Power gem adeptly and not one inept at its usage. If you don't get what i am saying, and have been saying all along, that's on you bud.

Can you tell me what percentage Thor was using the Power Gem on? No you can not, because it never stated such on panel. Zops scan only means that at that moment in time, Thor used the Power Gem, but it does not show him staying on that level continuously. He had a spike that is all.

h1a8
The proof is in the showing. We know how much Thor was tapping based off individual things he did in comparison to the feats of his normal self. Thus he never exceeded 2x his normal self simply because there is no showing by him that went beyond his normal self (more than 2x).

Stoic
The proof is in the showing. We know how much Thor was tapping based off individual things he did in comparison to the feats of his normal self. Thus he never exceeded 2x his normal self simply because there is no showing by him that went beyond his normal self (more than 2x).

But that's the thing. Where are you getting these figures??? Thor without the Power Gem was busting the Infinity Watch up, although they were just trying to subdue him, and not kill him. Still, what level was he on then? It was stated on panel that he was not in Warriors Madness, So we have to accept that Thor can operate on Power Team wrecker levels at base. Again, it never states what level Thor was on... not even once if I am not mistaken.

quanchi112
With the Power gem it would not matter, because Warlock would be far more powerful than Thor if he were using it. He knows how to actively tap into it, whereas Thor was tapping into it on a subconscious level. This means that we have no idea when he was tapping into it during his fight with Thanos, or if he was tapping into it, because he simply did not possess the knowledge of how to use the Gem and unlock it's full potential. This isn't aboutu who is the better pg user the issue is whether or not Thor was amped. he clearly was. You're clearly wrong and tried changing your point. You're wrong and have been nuked. Accept it and move on.Originally posted by h1a8
This is why no one takes you seriously. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Stoic
This isn't aboutu who is the better pg user the issue is whether or not Thor was amped. he clearly was. You're clearly wrong and tried changing your point. You're wrong and have been nuked. Accept it and move on. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The question is amped to what degree. it was obviously less than Odin possessed in strength, as he was easily able to rip out of the force block that Thor was unable to. Tell you what, why don't we make a thread pitting Thanos vs Adam Warlock (With Power Gem), and see how many people vote for Thanos. I know that you will vote for Thanos because that's your thing. Which is the reason why people have to simply stop replying to you when it concerns anything about Thanos. I have said in the past that Thanos would beat Thor, but it wouldn't look anywhere near the beating that Thanos delivered to the Silver Surfer.

This has nothing to do with me having a personal stake on the subject, just about the truth. Your truth is that without context Thanos can defeat a Power Gem user, without explaining that the Power Gem user was inept at using the Gem. It's an underhanded way of debating.

Vince_Slice understands this, as he admitted to never suggesting that Thanos would be able to defeat a Power Gem wielder that was fully adept at using the Gem.

quanchi112
The question is amped to what degree. it was obviously less than Odin possessed in strength, as he was easily able to rip out of the force block that Thor was unable to. Tell you what, why don't we make a thread pitting Thanos vs Adam Warlock (With Power Gem), and see how many people vote for Thanos. I know that you will vote for Thanos because that's your thing. Which is the reason why people have to simply stop replying to you when it concerns anything about Thanos. I have said in the past that Thanos would beat Thor, but it wouldn't look anywhere near the beating that Thanos delivered to the Silver Surfer.

This has nothing to do with me having a personal stake on the subject, just about the truth. Your truth is that without context Thanos can defeat a Power Gem user, without explaining that the Power Gem user was inept at using the Gem. It's an underhanded way of debating.

Vince_Slice understands this, as he admitted to never suggesting that Thanos would be able to defeat a Power Gem wielder that was fully adept at using the Gem. Yes, but we never know to know degree we do know amped bigtime to easily defeat Thor, the watch, and the Surfer but not as powerful as Odin at the time.

You want to go off topic again in your quest to come at Thanos. Let go of the hate. Thanos wins this thread and easily.

Nihilist
Stoic anh H1a8 continue to show they are stupid facepalm

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist

Yo Nihilist, you don't want me to start up on you dog. We both know this. I can almost guarantee that you probably don't possess one college credit, you misspell shit all of the time, so you being pedantic about anything is absolutely incredible. It's always the dumb motherf@&winkers that find a way to call someone stupid. Look into the mirror, realize that you are not perfect, and keep it moving.

iceman24567
Yo Nihilist, you don't want me to start up on you dog. We both know this. I can almost guarantee that you probably don't possess one college credit, you misspell shit all of the time, so you being pedantic about anything is absolutely incredible. It's always the dumb motherf@&winkers that find a way to call someone stupid. Look into the mirror, realize that you are not perfect, and keep it moving. Whats wrong with misspelling things? Maybe he has a learning disability erm

Nihilist
Yo Nihilist, you don't want me to start up on you dog. We both know this. I can almost guarantee that you probably don't possess one college credit, you misspell shit all of the time, so you being pedantic about anything is absolutely incredible. It's always the dumb motherf@&winkers that find a way to call someone stupid. Look into the mirror, realize that you are not perfect, and keep it moving. Lol any time u wanna bring it, you come and try it fool we both know youre a grade A coward who calls himself the superior debater yet is so sacred too prove it.

The simple facts are your bias and a liar when it comes to characters you dont like and lowball the shit out of them, id put you on par with h1a8.

OMGZ a spelling mistake on a comic book forum, big deal.

h1a8
But that's the thing. Where are you getting these figures??? Thor without the Power Gem was busting the Infinity Watch up, although they were just trying to subdue him, and not kill him. Still, what level was he on then? It was stated on panel that he was not in Warriors Madness, So we have to accept that Thor can operate on Power Team wrecker levels at base. Again, it never states what level Thor was on... not even once if I am not mistaken.

You don't get it. You must get specific and not general when determining strength. Normal Thor could bust the Infinity watch up if they fought the same way. It is not the outcome that determines but the how.

Lastly, I used an inequality. That means the source of numbers I came up with are irrelevant as long as the statement is true. For example, if Superman lifts an ordinary car then I can say that Superman didn't lift more than 1.8436 billion tons. Who cares where the 1.8436 came from as long as my statement is true. Thor never showed being more than 2x stronger than his normal self. This is a fact. It doesn't matter where the 2x number came from.

You and Quans hidden agenda is to argue PG Thor because in reality it would make Thanos look good. Thus it is a conflict of interest that you and Quan participate in the discussion of PG Thor.

vince_slice
You're putting words down that I never wrote. My whole stance was, and is that we did not know how much Thor was tapping into the Power Gem. It was never stated on panel that he was, it was only stated that he was subconsciously tapping into it.

Subconsciously tapping into the power gem is still tapping into the power gem, hence Thor was amped when he had it.

Drax in that arc was literally a retard and his idiocy prevented him from effectively tapping into the gem. His idiocy is also what led him to accidentally lose the gem to Thor. IIRC even one of the Infinity Watched called Drax an idiot/oaf for losing the gem. Thor's rage and insanity helped him tap into the gem's power unconsciously more than dumb Drax ever could, hence Strange's statement he'd be unstoppable with his rage and PG.

Actively or not, subconsciously tapping into the gem is still using the gem's power regardless of your semantics. Thor tapped into the gem, get over it.

The writer didn't mess up, it's just you can't comprehend the comic. When you activate the PG it's not an all-or-none effect. You can access the gem's power in varying degrees (e.g., anywhere from 1% to 100%). Get it? Thor was using the gem unconsciously and the power he was tapping into kept growing the longer he had it.

Why would you ask me such a dumb question? There was no percentage stated, so trying to quantify the exact percentage is pointless. We can only judge based on what he did with the gem and what the characters state.

Thor with the PG was amped enough to stomp the Silver Surfer, Adam Warlock, Doctor Strange, Drax the Destroyer, Moon Dragon, Gamora, Maxam, Pip, all at once. That to me shows me he was significantly stronger with the gem. If you think regular Thor without the PG can accomplish that than I shouldn't waste my time even replying to you.

Stoic
1. Because he was only tapping the Gem on a subconscious level means that he was not consistently operating on the same levels, he could have been higher, or lower, or not tapping the Gem at all during certain periods.

2. Drax still tapped the Gem on the subconscious level. You really have no proof to say whether Thor could command the Gem in his time of rage, better than Drax could, because Thor simply did not have the proper training in its use, or have the Gem long enough to be considered adept at it's usage.

3. Thor tapped into the Gem in spurts, not contiguously. Don't make things up that were not expressly written. What happens if Thor was only tapping 1% of the Gem? he couldn't have been amplified that high, as he could not break free of the Force block that Odin easily ripped out of. I realize how powerful Odin is, but not even he can physically operate at the level, of an adept Power Gem user.

4. It's not a stupid question, you simply can not answer it. You don't know nor will you ever know what percentage of the Gem that Thor tapped. All you or anyone can really go on, is that Thor was unable to burst free of Thanos' force block.

5. The only thing that I am arguing for the second or third time, is that there are people who would try to make others believe that Thanos could take a Power gem wielder that was adept at its use. This was my point from the beginning. I don't really care whether or not you or anyone else agrees with me, but it certainly doesn't make me wrong. Thor may have been amplified, but he was not nearly powerful enough when he was trapped in the force block. This alone should tell you and anyone else what level of power Thor was tossing around during his battle with Thanos.

quanchi112
You don't get it. You must get specific and not general when determining strength. Normal Thor could bust the Infinity watch up if they fought the same way. It is not the outcome that determines but the how.

Lastly, I used an inequality. That means the source of numbers I came up with are irrelevant as long as the statement is true. For example, if Superman lifts an ordinary car then I can say that Superman didn't lift more than 1.8436 billion tons. Who cares where the 1.8436 came from as long as my statement is true. Thor never showed being more than 2x stronger than his normal self. This is a fact. It doesn't matter where the 2x number came from.

You and Quans hidden agenda is to argue PG Thor because in reality it would make Thanos look good. Thus it is a conflict of interest that you and Quan participate in the discussion of PG Thor. The showing made Thanos look not only good but great since an entire team which consisted of Strange, Warlock, Surfer, and a team failed yet he easily defeated him after he took him on for pure sport.

Stoic
Hey I'm not trying to take anything away from Thanos, he was hard core in that book, but he would never take an adept Power Gem user, nor would one be trapped in his force block. I challenge you to google 1% of infinity to see what you get. Ask this question; "What is 1 percent of infinity. There is no such thing is what you will find, as the question makes no sense.

My take on things is this, Thor may not have been tapping into the Power gem during the fight with Thanos, and what we saw was Thanos fighting just a regular pissed off thor, that was unwilling to hold back.

OR

What we saw was Thanos fighting Thor, and being hit with the entire force of the Power Gem, because as I just stated, there is no such thing as a percentage of infinity, it is either infinity or not infinity, you can't have it both ways. Hence if Thor was hitting him while tapping the Power Gem, it means that Thanos was tanking blows that would crush any Abstract under the LT, despite Thor's inability to break free of the force cube. Hello... So now you see why I am against the showing. It's not to shit on Thanos, but I just think that it was horrible writing, or that Thor was not tapping into the infinite might that the Gem would give him.

quanchi112
Hey I'm not trying to take anything away from Thanos, he was hard core in that book, but he would never take an adept Power Gem user, nor would one be trapped in his force block. I challenge you to google 1% of infinity to see what you get. Ask this question; "What is 1 percent of infinity. There is no such thing is what you will find, as the question makes no sense.

My take on things is this, Thor may not have been tapping into the Power gem during the fight with Thanos, and what we saw was Thanos fighting just a regular pissed off thor, that was unwilling to hold back.

OR

What we saw was Thanos fighting Thor, and being hit with the entire force of the Power Gem, because as I just stated, there is no such thing as a percentage of infinity, it is either infinity or not infinity, you can't have it both ways. Hence if Thor was hitting him while tapping the Power Gem, it means that Thanos was tanking blows that would crush any Abstract under the LT, despite Thor's inability to break free of the force cube. Hello... So now you see why I am against the showing. It's not to shit on Thanos, but I just think that it was horrible writing, or that Thor was not tapping into the infinite might that the Gem would give him. Comic book logic doesn't have to match real world logic. Thor was amped and was more than Strange, team, and the Surfer. Thanos still defeated him with his own tech.

KuRuPT Thanosi

We should be clear though... thor was not operating at base levels... In fact, it was mentioned a few times he was in warrior madness mode but people VERY familiar with Thor. It was later revealed it wasn't TRUE WM mode.. but we should still view it as quasi wm mode or Thor not holding back and really letting loose. That is the least we should call it, not base level Thor.

Stoic
Comic book logic doesn't have to match real world logic. Thor was amped and was more than Strange, team, and the Surfer. Thanos still defeated him with his own tech.

At that point in time, (the Dr, Strange & Team incident) Thor was indeed subconsciously tapping from the Power Gem as seen on panel, but this again was not Thor tapping from the Gem on an active level. Drax tapped into the Gem subconsciously as well, and with a playful tap sent the Hulk flying into a building, or house. This does not mean that every second that Drax had the Gem, that he was tapping into it actively. If Thanos or Warlock had the Power Gem, they could actively walk around 100% of the time at above Abstract physical levels (minus LT). There has to be rules enforced when speaking about the Power Gem, and it's immense levels, or the implications, of those capable of taking on a wielder becomes pure PIS.

Let me show you what the Power Gem allows it's wielder to become.

Power Gem
Power Gem - Red: Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

This is why I am against the idea of Thor using the Gem at all during his battle with Thanos.

These scenarios still stand, and can not be overturned, due to fan base, or hate of a particular character. I am not willing to lie, in order to place or take away from any fictional character, we all saw Thanos' physical limits, and the limits of his force blocks when he went up against Odin.

These are the scenarios, and everyone has the right to challenge the battle between Thanos vs Thor

OR

What we saw was Thanos fighting Thor, and being hit with the entire force of the Power Gem, because as I just stated, there is no such thing as a percentage of infinity, it is either infinity or not infinity, you can't have it both ways. Hence if Thor was hitting him while tapping the Power Gem, it means that Thanos was tanking blows that would crush any Abstract under the LT, despite Thor's inability to break free of the force cube. Hello... So now you see why I am against the showing. It's not to shit on Thanos, but I just think that it was horrible writing, or that Thor was not tapping into the infinite might that the Gem would give him.

Thor may not have been tapping into the Power Gem during the fight with Thanos (highly likely), and what we saw was Thanos fighting just a regular pissed off Thor, that was unwilling to hold back.

OR

It is up to choice, but what I saw Thor do while facing Nul, and being willing to kill, is what we saw when he fought Thanos. This is my stance, and it will be very difficult to change my opinion on the matter. Wave your fingers, insult me, do whatever it is that you want, but until solid proof is brought to bear that Thor was using the Gem before being locked in stasis, Thor was not using the Power gem, or he would have ripped out of Thanos' force block the instance that it engulfed him.

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
We should be clear though... thor was not operating at base levels... In fact, it was mentioned a few times he was in warrior madness mode but people VERY familiar with Thor. It was later revealed it wasn't TRUE WM mode.. but we should still view it as quasi wm mode or Thor not holding back and really letting loose. That is the least we should call it, not base level Thor.

I agree that Thor was not holding back and was trying to kill Thanos, but not while using the Power Gem, he was doing this under his own power.

As for this thread, Thanos' showing against Thor while not holding back showed that he was handling him like Thor would handle Mr. Hyde.

With Hercules as a teammate, I can see Thanos having difficulty taking this and he would be pressed to defeat this team without tech.

Thanos FTW 7/10 with tech

Stalemate without tech.

This is how I see it without low-balling and taking everyone's powers into account.

Nihilist
Major lowballin again

Stoic
Major lowballin again

Right because Thanos can take hits from guys just below the LT, but was unable to defeat Odin. I don't see any low-balling going on, all I see is over hype.

Nihilist
Right because Thanos can take hits from guys just below the LT, but was unable to defeat Odin. I don't see any low-balling going on, all I see is over hype. You see whats on panel, but refuse to accecpt it because you dislike Thanos..hell if it was Hulk it would be fine.

The fact you was trying to lowball the whole PG Thor/Thanos fight saying Thor wasnt amped by the gem at all is laughable seeing as PG Thor was able to take more shots/blasts and do more damage than he did against a weaker pre first death Thanos.

Stoic
You see whats on panel, but refuse to accecpt it because you dislike Thanos..hell if it was Hulk it would be fine.

The fact you was trying to lowball the whole PG Thor/Thanos fight saying Thor wasnt amped by the gem at all is laughable seeing as PG Thor was able to take more shots/blasts and do more damage than he did against a weaker pre first death Thanos.

What do you mean. I won't lie because I like a character, or make him out to be more than he is. You made a thread yesterday that asked who has better durability between the Hulk and Doomsday, and I said that Doomsday had better durability at base levels.

You have to realize how the Power Gem works, and that if Thanos was being hit by a Power Gem wielder that he would have been completely dominated within the first 3-4 hits. It's you that is actually doing the low-balling here, against Thor and Hercules. You won't even consider the idea that thor can actually give Thanos a fight without being amplified by external means, when his past showings say the contrary.

Thanos had a great showing and smiled in the face of a hammer to the face from Thor while not tapping the Power Gem. Anything other than this would mean that Thanos was capable of taking hits from guys a notch below the LT, and we both know that the idea of this happening is zero percent. If Thor was amplified by the Power Gem, he would have burst free of the force block, this is the key to us knowing that he was not amped during his battle with Thanos.

When a user takes power from the Power gem, they don't take a slice of it, they take on the full power of the Power Gem. The Power gem makes it's user invincible physically, and being trapped by a force block that Odin nearly walked out of, is far less than being invincible. I like Thanos, you can believe what you want, I just have a more sober view of his levels, than people who may love the character.

Thor was not actively tapping the power Gem, because if he were it was poor writing on the writers part. Just ask yourself this one question, and be honest with yourself. Can Thanos beat Adam Warlock, if he was using the Power Gem? My answer as well as many should be hell no.

Also Thor did not fight Pre-Death Thanos, with the vigor that he did in the book that we are arguing. Thor was holding back in that battle, and we all know this.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mister War
Thanos beats the living hell out of those 2 , Thanos is a high trans - low skyfather give the man his respect

Thor can operate at trans levels as well, when he cuts loose and says you're dead meat. Give the guy some respect.

quanchi112
At that point in time, (the Dr, Strange & Team incident) Thor was indeed subconsciously tapping from the Power Gem as seen on panel, but this again was not Thor tapping from the Gem on an active level. Drax tapped into the Gem subconsciously as well, and with a playful tap sent the Hulk flying into a building, or house. This does not mean that every second that Drax had the Gem, that he was tapping into it actively. If Thanos or Warlock had the Power Gem, they could actively walk around 100% of the time at above Abstract physical levels (minus LT). There has to be rules enforced when speaking about the Power Gem, and it's immense levels, or the implications, of those capable of taking on a wielder becomes pure PIS.

Let me show you what the Power Gem allows it's wielder to become.

Power Gem
Power Gem - Red: Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.

This is why I am against the idea of Thor using the Gem at all during his battle with Thanos.

These scenarios still stand, and can not be overturned, due to fan base, or hate of a particular character. I am not willing to lie, in order to place or take away from any fictional character, we all saw Thanos' physical limits, and the limits of his force blocks when he went up against Odin.

These are the scenarios, and everyone has the right to challenge the battle between Thanos vs Thor

OR

Thor may not have been tapping into the Power Gem during the fight with Thanos (highly likely), and what we saw was Thanos fighting just a regular pissed off Thor, that was unwilling to hold back.

OR

It is up to choice, but what I saw Thor do while facing Nul, and being willing to kill, is what we saw when he fought Thanos. This is my stance, and it will be very difficult to change my opinion on the matter. Wave your fingers, insult me, do whatever it is that you want, but until solid proof is brought to bear that Thor was using the Gem before being locked in stasis, Thor was not using the Power gem, or he would have ripped out of Thanos' force block the instance that it engulfed him.

I agree that Thor was not holding back and was trying to kill Thanos, but not while using the Power Gem, he was doing this under his own power.

As for this thread, Thanos' showing against Thor while not holding back showed that he was handling him like Thor would handle Mr. Hyde.

With Hercules as a teammate, I can see Thanos having difficulty taking this and he would be pressed to defeat this team without tech.

Thanos FTW 7/10 with tech

Stalemate without tech.

This is how I see it without low-balling and taking everyone's powers into account. Who cares ? However Thor tapped into the gem it turned an elite top tier into an outright monster. Thor wasn't holding back and was well beyond that team but wasn't beyond Thanos. Very impressive for Thanos.

Stoic
Who cares ? However Thor tapped into the gem it turned an elite top tier into an outright monster. Thor wasn't holding back and was well beyond that team but wasn't beyond Thanos. Very impressive for Thanos.

Thor wasn't tapping into the PG, he was fighting Thanos under his own steam. Thor did not have the knowledge to contiguously amp from the Power Gem, and in the instance that he did use it, it was only a spike, and not conscious, or willful use of the Gem. The Force Block is the proof. It could not stand up to less than Infinite might in the form of Galactus', Odin, or the Galactus Thanosi, and it certainly would not stand up to a Power gem wielder that can actively tap it's power. Like I asked before, what is 1% of Infinity? It does not exist, it is either infinity or it isn't.

quanchi112
Thor wasn't tapping into the PG, he was fighting Thanos under his own steam. Thor did not have the knowledge to contiguously amp from the Power Gem, and in the instance that he did use it, it was only a spike, and not conscious, or willful use of the Gem. The Force Block is the proof. It could not stand up to less than Infinite might in the form of Galactus', Odin, or the Galactus Thanosi, and it certainly would not stand up to a Power gem wielder that can actively tap it's power. Like I asked before, what is 1% of Infinity? It does not exist, it is either infinity or it isn't. He was tapping into the power gem that's why he wasn't going down under physical assault. The block had to be reinforced and it's obvious Thor was amping himself gradually for a time and when necessary like against Strange and Warlock in the previous issue. You are losing credibility with every post regarding this matter. Keep going.

Stoic
He was tapping into the power gem that's why he wasn't going down under physical assault. The block had to be reinforced and it's obvious Thor was amping himself gradually for a time and when necessary like against Strange and Warlock in the previous issue. You are losing credibility with every post regarding this matter. Keep going.

You can not take a piece of infinity, you take on the entire Power of the Gem or none at all, not a fraction, or a percentage. The times that people that had the Power Gem, and were not operating at 100% was them not tapping the Gem at all. The writers goofed for plot purposes, but this is a forum, that cancels out moments of PIS, because plot has nothing to do with anything.

Thanos can not tango with Infinite Power, when he could not dominate Odin, who is not an Infinite Power, he's very powerful, but not high Abstact Powerful in any way shape or form. When Warlock had the IG, we saw how just his speech blew guys away, and the other Gems are powered by the Power Gem. No, Thor was not tapping into the Power Gem during his fight with Thanos, he was fighting him under his own steam. You haven't a shred of evidence to overturn this argument, but I have one piece of solid evidence. THE FORCE BLOCK.

quanchi112
You can not take a piece of infinity, you take on the entire Power of the Gem or none at all, not a fraction, or a percentage. The times that people that had the Power Gem, and were not operating at 100% was them not tapping the Gem at all. The writers goofed for plot purposes, but this is a forum, that cancels out moments of PIS, because plot has nothing to do with anything.

Thanos can not tango with Infinite Power, when he could not dominate Odin, who is not an Infinite Power, he's very powerful, but not high Abstact Powerful in any way shape or form. When Warlock had the IG, we saw how just his speech blew guys away, and the other Gems are powered by the Power Gem. No, Thor was not tapping into the Power Gem during his fight with Thanos, he was fighting him under his own steam. You haven't a shred of evidence to overturn this argument, but I have one piece of solid evidence. THE FORCE BLOCK. The writer didn't goof comics don't have to make real world sense. You're a mess I mean that you have no idea what it is you are saying. Thanos has defeated the Maker a being with infinite power before.

Thor was amped and lost. Plain and simple. The writers made it clear but a hater like yourself will even go so far as to say the storyteller screwed up. You're too biased to have a discussion with. Honestly.

Stoic
The Maker was not at her most powerful, and was in a fragile mortal vessel. Context Quanchi. Remember when she oneshotted Thanos? Thor was not using the Gem. If he was he would have broke out of that Force Block, and tore Thanos apart... actually Thanos would have never even been awake to Force Block Thor in the first place, because the first 4 hits would have ended the entire charade. Thor is capable of going toe to toe with Thanos, you just hate the idea of this. Thanos would win, but he would not outright dominate Thor. The Surfer yes, but not Thor. They both fight differently. Like I said, you haven't got one shred of evidence that Thanos was fighting Thor while he was actively tapping from the Power Gem. Not one shred.

quanchi112
The Maker was not at her most powerful, and was in a fragile mortal vessel. Context Quanchi. Remember when she oneshotted Thanos? Thor was not using the Gem. If he was he would have broke out of that Force Block, and tore Thanos apart... actually Thanos would have never even been awake to Force Block Thor in the first place, because the first 4 hits would have ended the entire charade. Thor is capable of going toe to toe with Thanos, you just hate the idea of this. Thanos would win, but he would not outright dominate Thor. The Surfer yes, but not Thor. They both fight differently. Like I said, you haven't got one shred of evidence that Thanos was fighting Thor while he was actively tapping from the Power Gem. Not one shred. She had infinite power but was more vulnerable. Her body doesn't mean she doesn't have infinite power it just means she is more vulnerable in flesh. I wish you understood simple words.

Thanos came back prepared and dominated a being with infinite power. That's how formidable he is.

Thor isn't. Thor never has been. The only time he has is with the power gem. You're clueless. I like that about you.

You have no proof he wasn't using the gem since he was using it beforehand. You actually don't care about proof you're just into who you like more.

Stoic
She was more vulnerable to physical attack, and she wasn't blasting Thanos with anywhere near the amount of power that she did, when she put him in dreamland the first time out. He was also speaking to her, and confusing her, which set him up to be able to KO her. In her mortal vessel she could give a lot more than she could take, which was clearly evident in that book.

Your task is to prove that Thor was amplified during his battle with Thanos, and you won't be able to, because of that one pesky thing. should I say it again? i will just to make it clear. Force Block.

quanchi112
She was more vulnerable to physical attack, and she wasn't blasting Thanos with anywhere near the amount of power that she did, when she put him in dreamland the first time out. He was also speaking to her, and confusing her, which set him up to be able to KO her. In her mortal vessel she could give a lot more than she could take, which was clearly evident in that book.

Your task is to prove that Thor was amplified during his battle with Thanos, and you won't be able to, because of that one pesky thing. should I say it again? i will just to make it clear. Force Block. False. He was prepared the second go around. Imagine taking a punch without being prepared for it as opposed to being prepared for it. Same principle.

He actively didn't want to kill her. He held back as to not release her essence. Thanos toyed with her and dominated a being with infinite power. Boom.

Anyone who reads the blood and thunder arc knows he was. You are biased and want to pretend he wasn't. You're so biased you even said the writers got it wrong. It's their story not yours. smile

Stoic
False. He was prepared the second go around. Imagine taking a punch without being prepared for it as opposed to being prepared for it. Same principle.

He actively didn't want to kill her. He held back as to not release her essence. Thanos toyed with her and dominated a being with infinite power. Boom.

Anyone who reads the blood and thunder arc knows he was. You are biased and want to pretend he wasn't. You're so biased you even said the writers got it wrong. It's their story not yours. smile

Are you serious? her first blast KO'd Thanos, and left a huge crater where he lay counting sheep. When they fought a second time she was not putting out energy on that level. Stop the lies. Thor was fighting Thanos under his own steam. You only need to prove that he was tapping the PG, I have already proved that he wasn't. Overturn it, or stop with the shit. Strawman's Quanchi? For real. Give me a reason to believe that Thanos can operate at infinite levels.

To do this, you will have to explain away Odin dominating Thanos.

You will have to explain away Galactus nearly cooking him alive, and him begging for his life.

You will have to explain away his condition after taking a blast from the Galactus Thanosi.

None of these guys are Infinite's, or High Abstracts. The Power gem allows it's wielder to operate at these levels.

All you have is your strawman routine. But still no solid evidence. Until you bring it, I won't reply. this goes for anyone saying the contrary. Bring it or just quit. I have no problem conceding any point, and will say that I am wrong. I don't have an ego problem. Just bring me one solid shred of evidence. No strawman's and I will concede.

quanchi112
Are you serious? her first blast KO'd Thanos, and left a huge crater where he lay counting sheep. When they fought a second time she was not putting out energy on that level. Stop the lies. Thor was fighting Thanos under his own steam. You only need to prove that he was tapping the PG, I have already proved that he wasn't. Overturn it, or stop with the shit. Strawman's Quanchi? For real. Give me a reason to believe that Thanos can operate at infinite levels.

To do this, you will have to explain away Odin dominating Thanos.

You will have to explain away Galactus nearly cooking him alive, and him begging for his life.

You will have to explain away his condition after taking a blast from the Galactus Thanosi.

None of these guys are Infinite's, or High Abstracts. The Power gem allows it's wielder to operate at these levels.

All you have is your strawman routine. But still no solid evidence. Until you bring it, I won't reply. this goes for anyone saying the contrary. Bring it or just quit. I have no problem conceding any point, and will say that I am wrong. I don't have an ego problem. Just bring me one solid shred of evidence. No strawman's and I will concede. The bulk or her blast hit him and he was unprepared. He met her the second time and dominated her. Her all out blasts weren't just hitting him like the initial blast. Thor was using the power gem before fighting him and using it during and after he encased him in force block.

The story made it clear you said the writers screwed up. You are all over the map while backpedaling and now claiming he wasn't amped. I won't put up scans for someone who claims writers are wrong. Your opinion is biased it doesn't matter. Bottom line.

The comic makes it clear Thor WITH THE POWER GEM became a real monster.

Thanos wasn't there to best Odin and his durability is clearly greater than the maker's.

All of these examples are irrelevant to Imperative Thanos. You're so bad at this.

The comic made it clear Thor was a real monster due to the power gem. The comic doesn't have to tell us every single time he is amping they expect the reader to comprehend what is going on. You can't keep up due to bias. Deep down you know I am right and it burns you up. Thanos wins here.

Stoic
Thor was never contiguously using the Power Gem, and was only using it in spurts. Meaning he was not always walking around at 100% amped. In the case of the Power gem, it's either 0% amplification or 100% amplification, there are no in between or percentages when discussing infinity. It's either the whole thing or not.

Thor was not amplified at the time of the fight, he was however amplified during the Dr. Strange & company scene. This much is true, as it stated it on panel. This however does not mean that 20 minutes later, that Thor was still actively using the Power Gem, nor does this mean that Thor was using it during the battle with Thanos. So post the scans, and we will still see that you still haven't found one shred of evidence. Only more strawman antics.

quanchi112
Thor was never contiguously using the Power Gem, and was only using it in spurts. Meaning he was not always walking around at 100% amped. In the case of the Power gem, it's either 0% amplification or 100% amplification, there are no in between or percentages when discussing infinity. It's either the whole thing or not.

Thor was not amplified at the time of the fight, he was however amplified during the Dr. Strange & company scene. This much is true, as it stated it on panel. This however does not mean that 20 minutes later, that Thor was still actively using the Power Gem, nor does this mean that Thor was using it during the battle with Thanos. So post the scans, and we will still see that you still haven't found one shred of evidence. Only more strawman antics. There is no proof it's either 0 percent or 100 percent again you just insert your opinion as proof. Debating doesn't work that way.

Pip's comments outweight your asinine theories. Thanos wins here.

Stoic
Yeah just like Spidey said that the Sentry drove off Galactus. The only thing that you said that was correct was that Thanos would win, he would be messed up after it, but yeah he would win a small majority. He could lose as well.

quanchi112
Yeah just like Spidey said that the Sentry drove off Galactus. The only thing that you said that was correct was that Thanos would win, he would be messed up after it, but yeah he would win a small majority. He could lose as well. Except we see Thor use the power gem on panel. We see how formidable he became with it. Thanos still bested him. Thanos easily crushes these two. Thanos, 10/10.

Stoic
When did we see Thor use the Power Gem in his battle with Thanos? When was it stated that he gained mastery over the Power Gem. Like I said not one shred. Not one.

quanchi112
When did we see Thor use the Power Gem in his battle with Thanos? When was it stated that he gained mastery over the Power Gem. Like I said not one shred. Not one. The power gem has access to infinite power, right ?

Thor lost against Thanos with access to infinite power. He wasn't the last to fall with access to infinite power either.

Stoic
Thor lost to Thanos under his own steam. He wasn't tapping the infinite, nor would it take infinite might to burst out of his force cube. Odin did it, and we all know that Odin is not a High Abstract in any way, shape, or form.

You are wrong, but by all means, it is your right to believe whatever it is that helps you sleep at night.

quanchi112
Thor lost to Thanos under his own steam. He wasn't tapping the infinite, nor would it take infinite might to burst out of his force cube. Odin did it, and we all know that Odin is not a High Abstract in any way, shape, or form.

You are wrong, but by all means, it is your right to believe whatever it is that helps you sleep at night. Thor had access to infinite power is the point. You're obsessed with the number infinite when it's attached to their overall power.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos12TheBastard-Meganpg19.jpg

This guy had access and Thanos easily pwned him while purposely not killing him.

I love using actual evidence while you just throw out theory after theory.

I sleep just fine knowing Thanos beats character's asses with infinite power sources.

Stoic
Thor had access to infinite power is the point. You're obsessed with the number infinite when it's attached to their overall power.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos12TheBastard-Meganpg19.jpg

This guy had access and Thanos easily pwned him while purposely not killing him.

I love using actual evidence while you just throw out theory after theory.

I sleep just fine knowing Thanos beats character's asses with infinite power sources.

Is that the Forgotten One? Are you claiming that he had infinite power?

quanchi112
Is that the Forgotten One? Are you claiming that he had infinite power? He's called the Fallen One. The comic clearly states he has infinite power. Do you need help reading the scan ?

Stoic
Powers/Abilities: The Fallen One had cosmic powers befitting those of a herald of Galactus. He can survive in the vacuum of space, probably has no need for food or water, can fly at faster than light speeds (and/or can access hyperspace), has superhuman strength (at least class 75), can fire incredibly powerful blasts of energy capable of totaling Thanos' ship, etc. However, its most striking attribute is the fact that the Fallen One uses as a power source black matter, the "binding halo by which galaxies are made solvent," and therefore has a nearly inexhaustible power source. It is also naturally violent and dangerously insane, deriving great joy in making others suffer.

Stoic
Oh sh1t! Eye opener huh?

quanchi112
Powers/Abilities: The Fallen One had cosmic powers befitting those of a herald of Galactus. He can survive in the vacuum of space, probably has no need for food or water, can fly at faster than light speeds (and/or can access hyperspace), has superhuman strength (at least class 75), can fire incredibly powerful blasts of energy capable of totaling Thanos' ship, etc. However, its most striking attribute is the fact that the Fallen One uses as a power source black matter, the "binding halo by which galaxies are made solvent," and therefore has a nearly inexhaustible power source. It is also naturally violent and dangerously insane, deriving great joy in making others suffer. Comics override bios. Maker had infinite power as well. That's two examples.

carver9
Gladiator has infinite strength.

Stoic
The Maker flattened Thanos with her power. Listen if you want to believe that Thanos can beat guys one notch below the LT go for it. It's not true, but by all means continue. As I said, when threads concerning Thanos are in play, it's best not to reply to you.

quanchi112
Gladiator has infinite strength. Based on what ?
The Maker flattened Thanos with her power. Listen if you want to believe that Thanos can beat guys one notch below the LT go for it. It's not true, but by all means continue. As I said, when threads concerning Thanos are in play, it's best not to reply to you. Thanos easily defeated her when ready for her. Thanos easily bested someone with infinite power. I've given three examples of him besting someone with access to infinite power. You ignore evidence and then make up your own.

Stoic
Based on what ?
Thanos easily defeated her when ready for her. Thanos easily bested someone with infinite power. I've given three examples of him besting someone with access to infinite power. You ignore evidence and then make up your own.

She was not an omnipotent in that frail mortal shell. Stop the lies. Thanos got worked by Odin, and the reason that he didn't die was because Odin did not want to destroy Asgard in the process of curbing your boy. Odin still got the better of that conflict whether or not you like it.

quanchi112
She was not an omnipotent in that frail mortal shell. Stop the lies. Thanos got worked by Odin, and the reason that he didn't die was because Odin did not want to destroy Asgard in the process of curbing your boy. Odin still got the better of that conflict whether or not you like it. She isn't but she does have infinite power in a mortal body. Thanos pwned her easily. Odin agreed he wanted to bring about Thanos' death and was unable to do so. Thanos did not falter. All on panel.

Stoic
odin stopped,because he did not see the use in killing Thanos, and Marvel simply would not allow for it. It was enough to just see Thanos on his knees before a greater power than his own.

Do I have to educate you once again about what an infinite power is? Either it is infinity or it isn't. She was not omnipotent, nor would she have been in a more powerful form. Thanos beat a Herald level character named the Maker while she was in a mortal shell. No more, no less.

quanchi112
odin stopped,because he did not see the use in killing Thanos, and Marvel simply would not allow for it. It was enough to just see Thanos on his knees before a greater power than his own.

Do I have to educate you once again about what an infinite power is? Either it is infinity or it isn't. She was not omnipotent, nor would she have been in a more powerful form. Thanos beat a Herald level character named the Maker while she was in a mortal shell. No more, no less. Odin stopped because he was incorrect in his assessment of the situation that doesn't mean he wasn't trying to kill him prior to. He actually admitted to as much on panel but you didn't read it so who cares.

That isn't how it's defined in comics that's how you define it. Comics are based off characters and ideas created by writers they don't have to adhere to real world logic. You should know this by now but having to tell you this shows me you really don't grasp the obvious.

Stoic
I'm pretty sure that if Odin continued beating on Thanos like he was the entire time, that Thanos would have died. This is all that matters. Thanos did not win that battle, he was however worked in that battle. One shotting the Surfer, as opposed to it taking multiple hits to put him down. Big gap in the power dept.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure that if Odin continued beating on Thanos like he was the entire time, that Thanos would have died. This is all that matters. Thanos did not win that battle, he was however worked in that battle. One shotting the Surfer, as opposed to it taking multiple hits to put him down. Big gap in the power dept. That's speculation. We saw Thanos survive and be completely fine on his own after taking on Odin for a lengthy comic book battle. Big power gap between Thor and Odin. If Odin didn't put down Thanos what makes you think his weaker son has a chance. LOL.

carver9
Based on what ?
Thanos easily defeated her when ready for her. Thanos easily bested someone with infinite power. I've given three examples of him besting someone with access to infinite power. You ignore evidence and then make up your own.

It was stated on panel that Gladiator has infinite strength just like it was stated on panel that the Fallen One had infinite power. Let's not ne bias again Quan.

quanchi112
It was stated on panel that Gladiator has infinite strength just like it was stated on panel that the Fallen One had infinite power. Let's not ne bias again Quan. Post the scan then. Words don't have the meaning you think they do. So post away, carvey.

Stoic
It was stated on panel that Gladiator has infinite strength just like it was stated on panel that the Fallen One had infinite power. Let's not ne bias again Quan.

He's bullsh1tting as usual, and taking hyperbole way out of context. He does not know what infinity means. The Power Gem was expressly always written to give its user infinite power. Thor was not tapping the infinite, he was fighting Thanos under his own steam. There is no such thing as 1% of infinity. It's the whole thing or nothing at all. This is the case with the Power Gem.

An infinite power would crush Thanos like a bug. Quan would have people believe that Thanos could take on the LT. Simply sad.

quanchi112
He's bullsh1tting as usual, and taking hyperbole way out of context. He does not know what infinity means. The Power Gem was expressly always written to give its user infinite power. Thor was not tapping the infinite, he was fighting Thanos under his own steam. There is no such thing as 1% of infinity. It's the whole thing or nothing at all. This is the case with the Power Gem.

An infinite power would crush Thanos like a bug. Quan would have people believe that Thanos could take on the LT. Simply sad. Infinity means neverending. Thanos said his power source is infinite. That's as clear as it gets. You are biased.

Wait a minute what did you just say about the power gem...did you say always portrayed as infinite power ?

I am going to make you eat your words again and am saving this link. You really don't read enough comics.

carver9
Post the scan then. Words don't have the meaning you think they do. So post away, carvey.

So if it say Gladiator has unlimited strength, are you going to accept it? I don't want to get this scan for nothing if you are not going to accept it.

Stoic
Infinity means neverending. Thanos said his power source is infinite. That's as clear as it gets. You are biased.

Wait a minute what did you just say about the power gem...did you say always portrayed as infinite power ?

I am going to make you eat your words again and am saving this link. You really don't read enough comics.

PIS is what you offer to bring to the table? Don't bother, I know your game. Never ending power does not kneel to a higher power, because there would be no higher power. A laser blast augmented by the Power Gem would be infinitely more powerful than without it, a punch augmented by the power gem would be infinitely more powerful than without the power gem.

This is what your scans will fail to show. Writers make errors all of the time. Some writers hate some characters and end up allowing PIS moments to occur.

Thanos thought that he possessed infinite power, until he got his ass busted by Odin.

Stoic
So if it say Gladiator has unlimited strength, are you going to accept it? I don't want to get this scan for nothing if you are not going to accept it.

it only works when Quanchi does it. Your argument will fall on deaf ears.

carver9
it only works when Quanchi does it. Your argument will fall on deaf ears.

I know..lol. I want to see how he will react when I post the scan.

quanchi112
PIS is what you offer to bring to the table? Don't bother, I know your game. Never ending power does not kneel to a higher power, because there would be no higher power. A laser blast augmented by the Power Gem would be infinitely more powerful than without it, a punch augmented by the power gem would be infinitely more powerful than without the power gem.

This is what your scans will fail to show. Writers make errors all of the time. Some writers hate some characters and end up allowing PIS moments to occur. You are picking and choosing. By your own definition the power gem than is more powerful than the Living Tribunal. You really don't have a clue about anything and are all over the place.

You said the gem has always been portrayed as infinite. Those are your words then you again say writers make mistakes. You don't even believe what you yourself type then which is actually worse.

Key word here is seemingly.

There it goes. Keep putting your foot in your mouth because you are out of your league against me.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos-Quest-01-23.jpg

quanchi112
I know..lol. I want to see how he will react when I post the scan. Post the scan.

Stoic
You are picking and choosing. By your own definition the power gem than is more powerful than the Living Tribunal. You really don't have a clue about anything and are all over the place.

You said the gem has always been portrayed as infinite. Those are your words then you again say writers make mistakes. You don't even believe what you yourself type then which is actually worse.

Key word here is seemingly.

There it goes. Keep putting your foot in your mouth because you are out of your league against me.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Thanos-Quest-01-23.jpg

You just screwed yourself again. Did you read the part where it says that the Champion taps into the power on a subconscious level? Well once again subconscious does not mean active. Do you understand the English language?

Do you know what that says to me? It says that there are times when he uses the Power Gem, and times that he does not, because he simply does not know how to properly or actively walk around 100% of the time at infinite levels. Thor was in the same boat. Those little tanks that the Champion was tossing about... did they appear to be above what the Champion could toss about without wearing the Power Gem? Do you thin Thor would have difficulty tossing those tank about under his own power? You just keep painting yourself into the corner, and still offer nothing but a waste of my time, because you still have yet to offer one shred of proof that Thor was tapping into the infinite while fighting Thanos. Not one shred. Not one.

The Gem has never been in question, the user on the other hand is what is in question. Warlock with the Power Gem was able to blow Abstracts away like leaves just by speaking. It was the Power Gem that was the catalyst of that feat, as none of the other Gems operate in that way.

carver9
Post the scan.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/354/glad2jf0.jpg/

Nihilist
What do you mean. I won't lie because I like a character, or make him out to be more than he is. You made a thread yesterday that asked who has better durability between the Hulk and Doomsday, and I said that Doomsday had better durability at base levels.

You have to realize how the Power Gem works, and that if Thanos was being hit by a Power Gem wielder that he would have been completely dominated within the first 3-4 hits. It's you that is actually doing the low-balling here, against Thor and Hercules. You won't even consider the idea that thor can actually give Thanos a fight without being amplified by external means, when his past showings say the contrary.

Thanos had a great showing and smiled in the face of a hammer to the face from Thor while not tapping the Power Gem. Anything other than this would mean that Thanos was capable of taking hits from guys a notch below the LT, and we both know that the idea of this happening is zero percent. If Thor was amplified by the Power Gem, he would have burst free of the force block, this is the key to us knowing that he was not amped during his battle with Thanos.

When a user takes power from the Power gem, they don't take a slice of it, they take on the full power of the Power Gem. The Power gem makes it's user invincible physically, and being trapped by a force block that Odin nearly walked out of, is far less than being invincible. I like Thanos, you can believe what you want, I just have a more sober view of his levels, than people who may love the character.

Thor was not actively tapping the power Gem, because if he were it was poor writing on the writers part. Just ask yourself this one question, and be honest with yourself. Can Thanos beat Adam Warlock, if he was using the Power Gem? My answer as well as many should be hell no.

Also Thor did not fight Pre-Death Thanos, with the vigor that he did in the book that we are arguing. Thor was holding back in that battle, and we all know this. Just another load of excuses and lowballin from a troll

laughing out loud "Thor did not fight Pre-Death Thanos, with the vigor that he did in the book that we are arguing. Thor was holding back in that battle, and we all know this."

Suprise suprise more lowballin, seriously dont bother anyone youre a waste of time

Stoic
Just another load of excuses and lowballin from a troll

laughing out loud "Thor did not fight Pre-Death Thanos, with the vigor that he did in the book that we are arguing. Thor was holding back in that battle, and we all know this."

Suprise suprise more lowballin, seriously dont bother anyone youre a waste of time

Seriously just crawl back up the buthole that you wriggled free from.

-Pr-

...I don't get it.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
...I don't get it.

Lol...you get it, you just don't want to "admit" you got it.

Mindset
Almost limitless.

There's a keyword you're missing.

-Pr-
Lol...you get it, you just don't want to "admit" you got it.

No, I really don't. All I see is a scan of a character being described as being powerful, the same kind of scan that exists for about a dozen other characters in the herald tier.

carver9
Originally posted by Mindset
Almost limitless.

There's a keyword you're missing.

Being "almost" limitless is pretty much close to what I was stating.

abhilegend
Lulz, may I post spectre saying superman and diana being the two mightiest beings in existence. Spectre is definitely more reliable than reed, right?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lulz, may I post spectre saying superman and diana being the two mightiest beings in existence. Spectre is definitely more reliable than reed, right?

Superman ans Diana ARE two of the mightiest beings in DC. I don't have a problem with that. They have peers though...don't forget that.

abhilegend
Superman ans Diana ARE two of the mightiest beings in DC. I don't have a problem with that. They have peers though...don't forget that.
Gladiator doesn't have peers? Tell me O mohawk prophet, what has gladiator done with his "almost" limitless strength? Maybe lifting infinity, no?

h1a8
The showing made Thanos look not only good but great since an entire team which consisted of Strange, Warlock, Surfer, and a team failed yet he easily defeated him after he took him on for pure sport.

Meaningless.
A normal Thor can beat them if they fought the same way. The only way the PG really helped Thor was in the backlash of Strange's and Warlock's energy beam.

At best, Thanos was slightly below a 2x amped Thor.

carver9
Gladiator doesn't have peers? Tell me O mohawk prophet, what has gladiator done with his "almost" limitless strength? Maybe lifting infinity, no?

Rest planets and collapse stars with his bare hands.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/gladjx4.jpg/

abhilegend

yawning
Just a hyperbole which is all gladiator has other than beating a poor giant space rock. Drax already destroyed a star with bare hands and got beat by she hulk and tossed around by thor. BTW none of what you mentioned takes "almost" limitless strength to accomplish.

-Pr-

i love how you give Gladiator the benefit of the doubt yet not other characters.

quanchi112
Meaningless.
A normal Thor can beat them if they fought the same way. The only way the PG really helped Thor was in the backlash of Strange's and Warlock's energy beam.

At best, Thanos was slightly below a 2x amped Thor. No, he couldn't since the power gem resisted their attacks. You are speculating like you always do. I have proof you have nothing.

quanchi112
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/354/glad2jf0.jpg/ This is just pathetic. You're scans always never mean exactly what you state. My scan said infinite not nearly or almost. I knew you'd post the scan and sink your own ship. I mean what I say you just continue to lie.

vince_slice
You just screwed yourself again. Did you read the part where it says that the Champion taps into the power on a subconscious level? Well once again subconscious does not mean active. Do you understand the English language?

Do you know what that says to me? It says that there are times when he uses the Power Gem, and times that he does not, because he simply does not know how to properly or actively walk around 100% of the time at infinite levels. Thor was in the same boat. Those little tanks that the Champion was tossing about... did they appear to be above what the Champion could toss about without wearing the Power Gem? Do you thin Thor would have difficulty tossing those tank about under his own power? You just keep painting yourself into the corner, and still offer nothing but a waste of my time, because you still have yet to offer one shred of proof that Thor was tapping into the infinite while fighting Thanos. Not one shred. Not one.

The Gem has never been in question, the user on the other hand is what is in question. Warlock with the Power Gem was able to blow Abstracts away like leaves just by speaking. It was the Power Gem that was the catalyst of that feat, as none of the other Gems operate in that way.

You realize how fallacious your argument is right? You claim that when a user taps into the PG he has infinite power or he has none. This is obviously a false dichotomy. You do realize that's not how the gem works right? When Thor had the PG he was gradually growing stronger the longer he had it. You're blatantly ignoring that in order to sustain your fallacious arguments.

quanchi112

The Gem has never been in question, the user on the other hand is what is in question. Warlock with the Power Gem was able to blow Abstracts away like leaves just by speaking. It was the Power Gem that was the catalyst of that feat, as none of the other Gems operate in that way. I never said he wasn't using it at a subconscious level the scan is relevant because it talks about the conduit for the power gem.

Seemingly. It's just like carver's scan with Nearly . My scans says infinite no words to make it seem or be near infinite you either are or aren't. You have always said this so I am right once again and you aren't either aren't getting it or tripping all over your own words.

Champion obviously used the power gem to destroy the planet. He wasn't even aware of doing so but Thanos knew exactly how to toy with him to achieve his own ends. Thor also actively/instinctively used it against Warlock and Strange.

Sorry but having an infinite power source doesn't mean squat up against Thanos. I have given you two examples while you have nothing. smile

DarkSaint85
This is just pathetic. You're scans always never mean exactly what you state. My scan said infinite not nearly or almost. I knew you'd post the scan and sink your own ship. I mean what I say you just continue to lie.

Lol I loved the buildup by carver...only for it to sink without a trace.

Just like my prom dates, incidentally, but that's a story for another time.

Incidentally, I couldn't see the scan earlier....was it taken down?

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol I loved the buildup by carver...only for it to sink without a trace.

Just like my prom dates, incidentally, but that's a story for another time.

Incidentally, I couldn't see the scan earlier....was it taken down? It's on the sixth page. What's funny is how he doesn't 'understand simple sentences if he actually believes the scan says infinite. You are right he will probably go into hiding.

DarkSaint85
It's on the sixth page. What's funny is how he doesn't 'understand simple sentences if he actually believes the scan says infinite. You are right he will probably go into hiding.

What I meant was, clicking on the link doesn't bring the picture up anymore, like it had been removed...

quanchi112
What I meant was, clicking on the link doesn't bring the picture up anymore, like it had been removed... Oh you're right. I only clicked on it once. This is fantastic he's been humiliated so badly he deleted his scan which sunk his own case. I might save his post.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
i love how you give Gladiator the benefit of the doubt yet not other characters.

I never use that scan as anything for Gladiator strength...I use it when people say crazy things like Quan continuously do.

carver9
This is just pathetic. You're scans always never mean exactly what you state. My scan said infinite not nearly or almost. I knew you'd post the scan and sink your own ship. I mean what I say you just continue to lie.

So we both agree that Gladiator has almost limitless strength and can collapse stars with his hands.

Let me know.

carver9
yawning
Just a hyperbole which is all gladiator has other than beating a poor giant space rock. Drax already destroyed a star with bare hands and got beat by she hulk and tossed around by thor. BTW none of what you mentioned takes "almost" limitless strength to accomplish.

I know its hyperbole just like Quan scan was hyperbole. I never use any of these scans as a indication of how strong Gladiator is.

DarkSaint85
I too have almost limitless strength...its just that I'm a far way off from it...

How close to limitless strength would you say Gladiator had, carver? :-p

DarkSaint85

Just wanted to remind you what you said, carver.....

But at least you didn't get the scan for nothing, was pretty amusing for us.

carver9
I too have almost limitless strength...its just that I'm a far way off from it...

How close to limitless strength would you say Gladiator had, carver? :-p

Almost means "near", "close to".

quanchi112
So we both agree that Gladiator has almost limitless strength and can collapse stars with his hands.

Let me know. Almost isn't the same as limitless. You said infinite you lied.Originally posted by carver9
I know its hyperbole just like Quan scan was hyperbole. I never use any of these scans as a indication of how strong Gladiator is. My scan said infinite not near to. My scan was proof yours wasn't. You're a liar.

carver9
Almost isn't the same as limitless. You said infinite you lied. My scan said infinite not near to. My scan was proof yours wasn't. You're a liar.

Same thing Quan. So does Gladiator have "almost" limitless strength or what?

carver9
Just wanted to remind you what you said, carver.....

But at least you didn't get the scan for nothing, was pretty amusing for us.

Shaking my head.

quanchi112
Same thing Quan. So does Gladiator have "almost" limitless strength or what? He doesn't have limitless strength while Fallen One has an infinite power source. There was no word before infinite like in the Gladiator case. You're a known liar.

carver9
He doesn't have limitless strength while Fallen One has an infinite power source. There was no word before infinite like in the Gladiator case. You're a known liar.

Gotcha....glad we can use hyperbole statements.

Gladiator can do ANYTHING once he puts his mind to it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/89154739hk4.jpg/

Gladiator is one of the strongest lugnuts in the Galaxy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/26488759kc5.jpg/

Strongest guy in the Galaxy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/503/82709674rp3.jpg/

Gladiator power is "unmatched" throughout the universe. With this statement, even Galactus can't match him (lol).

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0092/07

I'm enjoying this. Hyperbole for the win.

quanchi112
Gotcha....glad we can use hyperbole statements.

Gladiator can do ANYTHING once he puts his mind to it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68/89154739hk4.jpg/

Gladiator is one of the strongest lugnuts in the Galaxy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/123/26488759kc5.jpg/

Strongest guy in the Galaxy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/503/82709674rp3.jpg/

Gladiator power is "unmatched" throughout the universe. With this statement, even Galactus can't match him (lol).

http://f.imagehost.org/view/0092/07

I'm enjoying this. Hyperbole for the win. My statement was a direct statement of limitless power this is all hyperbole. I am glad you can admit this is hyperbole while mine isn't.

carver9
My statement was a direct statement of limitless power this is all hyperbole. I am glad you can admit this is hyperbole while mine isn't.

Hyperbole since he shown nothing of the sort of having limitless power just like Gladiator never shown to have almost limitless strength...never shown to be the most powerful guy in the Universe or being UNMATCHED in the Universe. All the same buddy.

quanchi112
Hyperbole since he shown nothing of the sort of having limitless power just like Gladiator never shown to have almost limitless strength...never shown to be the most powerful guy in the Universe or being UNMATCHED in the Universe. All the same buddy. Fallen One had access to an infinite source of power. There's no way to show that without a statement the statements regarding to Gladiator are hyperbole.

carver9
Fallen One had access to an infinite source of power. There's no way to show that without a statement the statements regarding to Gladiator are hyperbole.

Gladiator power thrives from an unknown amount of power. Both are still hyperbole. Fallen One destroying planets doesn't mean he have unlimited powa.

quanchi112
Gladiator power thrives from an unknown amount of power. Both are still hyperbole. Fallen One destroying planets doesn't mean he have unlimited powa. I put up a scan where Thanos states his source is infinite. That's why it was directly stated on panel. You don't comprehend simple sentences.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>