Bane's Path

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evelynne
This post will contain spoilers from all Darth Bane novels and if you do not want to see them then please stop reading here.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Now, my question is: Why was Bane determined to sacrifice himself for the Sith?

His rule maintained the idea that an apprentice would defeat the master, then become the master, and get his/her own apprentice in order to strengthen each generation of the Sith, until finally the Jedi could be defeated. This eventually happened (save for the few who survived), but isn't there a simpler way?

During the course of Dynasty of Evil, he began seeing the effect of age on his strength. He believed that Zannah was waiting until he was further weakened by age in order to defeat him; such a strategy would not follow his rule, because she would not be without a doubt superior.

After this realization, he sought a way to prolong his life in order to train a new apprentice without withering away in strength. He fought a ritual - essence transfer - which allowed him to force his will upon another and take over his/her body. If he took over Zannah's body, he would rid the order of her as well as become younger.

Now, getting back to my question: Why did Bane, upon realizing this ritual was in the realm of possibilities, not reconfigure his order? If the point was to increase power over time, why not continue using this ritual to improve his own strength, and with 1000 years of training and knowledge and study, he could surely have accomplished was Palpatine did, and probably more. For instance, we saw how he had the mental capability to manipulate others, such as when he tricked Kaan into annihilating the brotherhood with the thought bomb.

I see no reason not to do this. Some force-users have a natural affinity for certain areas, such as Zannah's sorcery. Bane had his own affinity, and with as much time as he needed, he could have trained to master other areas, becoming the most powerful sith.

It isn't a matter of midichlorians; they reside in the body, and as he took over body after body (preferably with more midichlorians each time, just as a master would have to find a suitable apprentice that had a large potential), he would also inherit each person's potential.

I think the fact of time alone would give him a large advantage over all other force-users, because he lived so long and studied, while using young and powerful bodies.

I see the rule of two's logic, but wouldn't this idea - 1 person living forever - produce a more powerful foe for the Jedi?

What does you think?

RE: Blaxican
Are you really a girl?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Evelynne
This post will contain spoilers from all Darth Bane novels and if you do not want to see them then please stop reading here.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Now, my question is: Why was Bane determined to sacrifice himself for the Sith?

His rule maintained the idea that an apprentice would defeat the master, then become the master, and get his/her own apprentice in order to strengthen each generation of the Sith, until finally the Jedi could be defeated. This eventually happened (save for the few who survived), but isn't there a simpler way?

During the course of Dynasty of Evil, he began seeing the effect of age on his strength. He believed that Zannah was waiting until he was further weakened by age in order to defeat him; such a strategy would not follow his rule, because she would not be without a doubt superior.

After this realization, he sought a way to prolong his life in order to train a new apprentice without withering away in strength. He fought a ritual - essence transfer - which allowed him to force his will upon another and take over his/her body. If he took over Zannah's body, he would rid the order of her as well as become younger.

Now, getting back to my question: Why did Bane, upon realizing this ritual was in the realm of possibilities, not reconfigure his order? If the point was to increase power over time, why not continue using this ritual to improve his own strength, and with 1000 years of training and knowledge and study, he could surely have accomplished was Palpatine did, and probably more. For instance, we saw how he had the mental capability to manipulate others, such as when he tricked Kaan into annihilating the brotherhood with the thought bomb.

I see no reason not to do this. Some force-users have a natural affinity for certain areas, such as Zannah's sorcery. Bane had his own affinity, and with as much time as he needed, he could have trained to master other areas, becoming the most powerful sith.

It isn't a matter of midichlorians; they reside in the body, and as he took over body after body (preferably with more midichlorians each time, just as a master would have to find a suitable apprentice that had a large potential), he would also inherit each person's potential.

I think the fact of time alone would give him a large advantage over all other force-users, because he lived so long and studied, while using young and powerful bodies.

I see the rule of two's logic, but wouldn't this idea - 1 person living forever - produce a more powerful foe for the Jedi?

What does you think? To fit in with the movie's continuity. That's the only reason.

Zampanó
You say that as though he didn't! I live in a world where Bane Essence Transferred himself all throughout the Galaxy, ultimately learning the Flow-Walk technique to go back in time and Essence-Transfer himself into the first Force sensitives. Bane is every character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.