Namor and Aquaman (underwater) vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
thor's been given a magic herb that let's him breathe and move as he normally can on land underwater. no hammer for thor. can he win?

Existere
Team should take most of the matches after a long brawl.

JakeTheBank
Team. Orin could attempt to wear Thor down with TP or summoning various creatures to distract Thor as Namor takes him directly. At least, that would be my strategy in dealing with Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor fights like his a blonde Hulk (Meaning he even forgets how to throw and charge his hammer) and Aquaman's telepathy hampers him enough, the team could probably win. They'd have a hell of a time putting him down though and it would need to happen as soon as possible because the moment he gets mad, there's a good chance that he'll run a train on them. Thor's weather manipulation alone (Not talking about any huge lightning bolts or storms etc. just basic shit) would be a real problem.

Fraction's current Thor would f*ck their shit up from the get go though. Aquaman would probably be rendered useless after one hit. Unless an opponent is an Elite Top Tier level character (Hulk, Surfer etc.), I do not like their chances against that version of Thor.

JakeTheBank
OP took away Mjolnir.

With it, this fight could be anything from Thor barely winning to Thor raping them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oops, didn't see that.

Most of what I said stands though. If Thor fights like a brick (Which he probably will here), then the team could very well wear him down. Longer it takes, the more irritated Thor gets though and the lower their chances of winning are imo.

Still don't like their chances against Fraction's Thor. They'll most likely get lightning bolts down their throats for their trouble (Even had Thor generate lightning out of his hands recently, haven't seen that since JIM).

Existere
Can Namor absorb Thor's lightning like he does all other?

Meh, a while ago there was a Superman vs. these two thread, and if you took away his heat vision, I feel similarly about this match like I did about that one.

Team probably wins. The art would be better in this match, and there would be more people pissed off after the other one, but it all evens out. Or something.

leonidas
yeah i wonder about the lightning too. namor has actually been shown to use it at one point and has thor ever summoned lightning underwater...?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Oops, didn't see that.

Most of what I said stands though. If Thor fights like a brick (Which he probably will here), then the team could very well wear him down. Longer it takes, the more irritated Thor gets though and the lower their chances of winning are imo.

Still don't like their chances against Fraction's Thor. They'll most likely get lightning bolts down their throats for their trouble (Even had Thor generate lightning out of his hands recently, haven't seen that since JIM).

Fraction Thor used lightning from his hands recently?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Existere
Can Namor absorb Thor's lightning like he does all other?

Meh, a while ago there was a Superman vs. these two thread, and if you took away his heat vision, I feel similarly about this match like I did about that one.

Team probably wins. The art would be better in this match, and there would be more people pissed off after the other one, but it all evens out. Or something.

If Thor gets exotic here (I don't see this happening unless it's Fraction, his unusually pissed, or it's just a pretty rare instance) then I see him taking them both out.

Absorption could be a possibility but a knock out is more likely.

guy222
team

Prep-Man
Team for the healthy majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah i wonder about the lightning too. namor has actually been shown to use it at one point and has thor ever summoned lightning underwater...?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8513/mightythor09meganthegro.jpg

It should be noted that Thor was still noticeably diminished as he still hasn't fully remember himself. The only way to kill a God is to have them forgotten and then they are consumed by Demorgorge (An Eternity level concept of death here).

I liked the visual representation, Thor looked malnourished and the more of himself he regained, the more filled out he got.

Originally posted by leonidas

He absorbed electricity once, yes and has proven to be fairly resistant to it. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt against Storm but not as much against Thor.

This is the best I could find unfortunately:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesRiverStorm.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Fraction Thor used lightning from his hands recently? Way to keep the pretender in check. Too little too late for him.

-Pr-
Arthur has also survived being hit by lightning, though I don't know how he'd do against Thor's.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8513/mightythor09meganthegro.jpg

It should be noted that Thor was still noticeably diminished as he still hasn't fully remember himself. The only way to kill a God is to have them forgotten and then they are consumed by Demorgorge (An Eternity level concept of death here).

I liked the visual representation, Thor looked malnourished and the more of himself he regained, the more filled out he got.

He absorbed electricity once, yes and has proven to be fairly resistant to it. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt against Storm but not as much against Thor.

This is the best I could find unfortunately:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesRiverStorm.jpg

not sure how effective thor's lightning would be. the blast in the scan doesn't appear to be that big. i actually don't like the idea of thor blasting from his hands. he's god of the storm. summoning and controlling seem to be a better fit than blasting. but meh.

i see the team winning this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.