GOD and LORD are they reciprocal? Or 2 sets of people?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alltoomany
maybe a balance of good and evil, 2 sets of people? On the sixth day God made both female and male, Man. Seventh day God rested. But The Lord was working on the seventh day..ummmm

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by alltoomany
maybe a balance of good and evil, 2 sets of people? On the sixth day God made both female and male, Man. Seventh day God rested. But The Lord was working on the seventh day..ummmm

Yes, the word "god" and "lord" are reciprocal.

Neither of them are people.

alltoomany
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yes, the word "god" and "lord" are reciprocal.

Neither of them are people.

Lord is man

Shakyamunison
Lord is man

Then why do Christian say "Lord God"?

Mindship
Isn't "Lord" more of a title (as in, "the Lord God"wink?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship

Ok, but then I've also heard many Christian songs that just use the word "Lord" by itself.

alltoomany

The Lord God refers to high material..

Shakyamunison
The Lord God refers to high material..

Like Pot?

alltoomany
Like Pot?

very funny!

Shakyamunison
very funny!

That's the only high material I can think of.

alltoomany
That's the only high material I can think of.

high as in great, grand.. ah i wonder if the term "the high holy one' MEANS pure pot head?

Shakyamunison
high as in great, grand.. ah i wonder if the term "the high holy one' MEANS pure pot head?

Hee hee

Well it wasn't the word "high" that threw me. It was the word "material".

Mindship
Ok, but then I've also heard many Christian songs that just use the word "Lord" by itself. I believe that shows up in Jewish stuff as well. But that could just be like, "The King procured the finest maryjane."

dadudemon
"Lord God" is used because of the dual use of Adonai and YHWH*.

So it translates, roughly, into "Lord God". But it is similar to saying "High Ruling Leader God" or "High ruling leader king emperor type that happens to also be God over everything."

So we just translate it into Lord God...because Lord suffices for all that text for Adonai. But it is still not quite the best synonym, so we capitalize "Lord" to help that differentiation.

Also, and this is weird, sometimes, "lord God" (lower case "L"wink appears or something like that. It was to signify Jesus or something. I don't remember the details but it think it pops up in Isaiah.

I don't think Jesus and God are the same being, at all. We know that they are not the same being. We also know that the Trinity concept did not exist until after Jesus. We find no evidence of it until after Divine Jesus was introduced. I am not even sure Jesus was truly divine until after the resurrection...because the new testament is in question and contradictory.

*A tetragrammaton

alltoomany
I believe that shows up in Jewish stuff as well. But that could just be like, "The King procured the finest maryjane."

yeah you are right the bible is based on reverse psycholgy and mannipulation to some degree

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
"Lord God" is used because of the dual use of Adonai and YHWH*.

So it translates, roughly, into "Lord God". But it is similar to saying "High Ruling Leader God" or "High ruling leader king emperor type that happens to also be God over everything."

So we just translate it into Lord God...because Lord suffices for all that text for Adonai. But it is still not quite the best synonym, so we capitalize "Lord" to help that differentiation.
^ What he said.

yeah you are right the bible is based on reverse psycholgy and mannipulation to some degree That may mean reverse reverse psychology.

Reefer madness, I tell ya.

dadudemon
That may mean reverse reverse psychology.

What is this? I don't even! confused

Mindship
What is this? I don't even! confused It's what I used to short-circuit my daughter when she was in her 'terrible twos' stage. cool

dadudemon
It's what I used to short-circuit my daughter when she was in her 'terrible twos' stage. cool

Okay, you'll have to give me a good example/scenario of this since we already killed the thread.

If this is a tool I can put into the dad-toolbox of success, I must have it.

Then we can pretend it is on topic by relating it back to the Lord God example.

Mindship
Okay, you'll have to give me a good example/scenario of this since we already killed the thread.

If this is a tool I can put into the dad-toolbox of success, I must have it.

Then we can pretend it is on topic by relating it back to the Lord God example. Say you want your child to put on the red jacket. She fights for the green one.

Finally you say, "Know what: put the green one on." (reverse psychology). She puts on the red one (Dad wins).

But then, one day, she gets wise to that and still puts on the green one.

You say, "Good. My plan worked."

"No it didn't. You wanted me to wear the red one."

"Did I really?"

"Yeah, that's what you said."

"I know what I said." (Dad smiles)
------------------------------------------------
It's been a while, but I believe that was the gist of it. You get the child to doubt your initial intent so that she's no longer sure what the opposite would be. It gets tough, of course, if you have a precocious lil' imp.

Shakyamunison
I didn't understand the thread anyway.

dadudemon
Say you want your child to put on the red jacket. She fights for the green one.

Finally you say, "Know what: put the green one on." (reverse psychology). She puts on the red one (Dad wins).

But then, one day, she gets wise to that and still puts on the green one.

You say, "Good. My plan worked."

"No it didn't. You wanted me to wear the red one."

"Did I really?"

"Yeah, that's what you said."

"I know what I said." (Dad smiles)
------------------------------------------------
It's been a while, but I believe that was the gist of it. You get the child to doubt your initial intent so that she's no longer sure what the opposite would be. It gets tough, of course, if you have a precocious lil' imp.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I know what you mean.

It is similar to the salesman idea of getting you to think you need to have something or need to purchase it and then acting innocent of indirectly tricking you into thinking that. "Oh, you want this item? Okay..lemme check on it. BRB with pricing and details. I thought you wanted this, though. lol"

Shakyamunison
Does anyone know what we should do next, now that we have sacrificed this thread.

Mindship
"Dear God, Lord Most High, forgive us our posting transgressions."

pray

Oh, wait. Jews don't kneel. Damn, sinned again!

Shakyamunison

pray

Get up man. People are starting to look.

alltoomany

pray

stay humble

lil bitchiness

pray

Infidel Jew, you must be ki...!!!

No wait...proceed.

Deja~vu
maybe a balance of good and evil, 2 sets of people? On the sixth day God made both female and male, Man. Seventh day God rested. But The Lord was working on the seventh day..ummmm I haven't read through all the responses, but Lord was also attributed to authority and respect, not as a god though some later on tried to make it so.

Search your history books and you will see many references to people as Lord this or Lord that. Look the word Lord up in your concordance and lexicon and see what is also meant by that word.

alltoomany
lord is the fallen seed (bad seed)

Bentley
I don't think Jesus and God are the same being, at all. We know that they are not the same being. We also know that the Trinity concept did not exist until after Jesus. We find no evidence of it until after Divine Jesus was introduced. I am not even sure Jesus was truly divine until after the resurrection...because the new testament is in question and contradictory.

Nice rant big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bentley
Nice rant big grin

He's a rant king. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.