Is it a Jedi thing to grow long hair?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Is it a custom for the Jedi's to grow long hair once they've completed their training? nI mean, Qui Gon had long hair, Obi Wan had long hair in II & Anakin had long hair in III. Is it something that Jedi's do atsome point? I think if by some very,ever so slim chance, Lucas decides to make an Episode IIV, he should give Luke long hair to keep the tradition going.

Lord Lucien
I think it was a subtle throwback to the hippie generation of peace and love, man.

Stealth Moose
At this point I'm fairly certain that the poster is Cleverbot gone rogue.

Lord Lucien
I do not understand. Please say again.

Pwned
An episode IIV? I don't think you understand those numerals, you just said episode 3. Which he did make. Luke was in it, but only at the end.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Pwned
An episode IIV? I don't think you understand those numerals, you just said episode 3. Which he did make. Luke was in it, but only at the end.
What do you mean, I just said episode 3? I said Anakin had long hair in Episode III, or 3 if you'd perfer, but I said if they ever make an Episode IIV, they should give Luke long hair,. Episode IIV would be chronilogicly after Episode VI. That's what I was saying. If they make a 7th film set chronilogicly after Episode VI, Luke should have long hair. Do you get what I mean? Or have I miusunderstood you?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Episode IIV You don't know Roman numerals. 'IIV' is '3'. You're trying to say Episode 7, which is 'VII'.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You don't know Roman numerals. 'IIV' is '3'. You're trying to say Episode 7, which is 'VII'.
Is it??? Oh.. I see. I thought 3 was just III. I guess I look quite thick now don't I? Episode VII is what I meant obviously. I did look up Roman Numerals & I thought I saw 7 as IIV.

REXXXX
For anything after the number five (V), you just add a tally (six is VI, seven is VII) until you reach nine, then it's one before ten (IX), and then 10 (X). And so on.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by REXXXX
For anything after the number five (V), you just add a tally (six is VI, seven is VII) until you reach nine, then it's one before ten (IX), and then 10 (X). And so on.
Oh.. Thanks! That's a real help. I'll rmember that.

Arhael
Obivan was given long hair and heavy beard in second episode simple for the sake of making him look older and wiser as he is now master. In episode 3 he got short hair, so he resemble closer appearance from original trilogy. Same for anakin - longer hair for more adult look.
Luke in EU have always had semi-short hair but in older age he tended to brush them backward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.