Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGoldenSpy
Can the old dogs beat the new kid in town?

NemeBro
No.

Why do this?

TheGoldenSpy
cuz its cool dood

TheAuraAngel
Who is Asura? :O

NemeBro
Character from Asura's Wrath.

He is relativistic and can shatter bosses larger than planets with a punch.

TheGoldenSpy
Ohh, no one, just some guy that destroyed a buddha the size of planet earth with one arm.

NemeBro
You're such a sad little man.

TheAuraAngel
Ah.

Spite threads are no fun.

TheGoldenSpy
I didn't know he was that fast though.

SasuOna
Bayonetta stops time and pushes the soul out of his body. GG Asura
wait til the game comes out

TheGoldenSpy
He could could clap and the pressure would kill her.

Hanaoka
Asura could kick their asses.
Except Kratos. He's more than Asura thumb up

TheGoldenSpy
Hed last a bit longer but no, maybe if bayonetta stops time and he stones him.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Hanaoka
Asura could kick their asses.
Except Kratos. He's more than Asura thumb up

Kratos is a wet noodle next to Asura.

Hanaoka
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Kratos is a wet noodle next to Asura.

Kratos has many tons of weapons to kill Asura.
And yet, Asura is just a copycat of Kratos.
There's no way Kratos would lose to somebody like Asura

ArtificialGlory
Kratos has many tons of weapons to kill Asura.
And yet, Asura is just a copycat of Kratos.
There's no way Kratos would lose to somebody like Asura

Copycat or not(though Asura looks more like a copycat of certain comics characters, but whatever), this guy looks to be in a completely different league than Kratos. Strength, speed, durability, you name it.

Hanaoka
Copycat or not(though Asura looks more like a copycat of certain comics characters, but whatever), this guy looks to be in a completely different league than Kratos. Strength, speed, durability, you name it.

Kratos just killed the one who cannot die, The Gods.
He chew Gods everyday. That was proven in GoW III where Kratos completely killed The Gods only in a very SHORT TIME.

TheGoldenSpy
Trust me, coming from one of his biggest fans on this site, kratos by himself doesnt stand a chance in hell.

ArtificialGlory
Kratos just killed the one who cannot die, The Gods.
He chew Gods everyday. That was proven in GoW III where Kratos completely killed The Gods only in a very SHORT TIME.

If he killed them, then obviously they can die. God from one fiction does not equal a God from another one, and here comes the peril of using titles like 'God' or 'Immortal', etc. They mean practically nothing without context. Gods in GoW are fairly powerful beings, yes, but there are plenty of characters in fiction who are just as powerful or even more powerful than the GoW Gods and aren't even considered to be Gods.

In short, we should look to feats and abilities and not titles.

Hanaoka
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Trust me, coming from one of his biggest fans on this site, kratos by himself doesnt stand a chance in hell.

He escaped Hell for many times
In GoW 1, He just refused to die when Ares stabed him with a giant blade rock
in GoW 2, Kratos just escaped from hell for the 2nd time at the beginning of the game
in GoW 3, Kratos entered Hell again and did kill the owner of the hell.
Looks like he really get bored with hell so he just kill the owner where he won;t get dragged anymore by Hades

Hanaoka
If he killed them, then obviously they can die. God from one fiction does not equal a God from another one, and here comes the peril of using titles like 'God' or 'Immortal', etc. They mean practically nothing without context. Gods in GoW are fairly powerful beings, yes, but there are plenty of characters in fiction who are just as powerful or even more powerful than the GoW Gods and aren't even considered to be Gods.

In short, we should look to feats and abilities and not titles.

So With what way Asura will kill Kratos ?
Kratos can just turn him become a stone using the gaze of medusa than crush him to ashes

Estacado
Asura kicks Kratos into space.

Hanaoka
Originally posted by Estacado
Asura kicks Kratos into space.

then kratos will just dodge the attack using hermes' boots

BloodRain
Hermes isnt relativistic..

ArtificialGlory
Kratos can just turn him become a stone using the gaze of medusa than crush him to ashes

Asura would probably reduce Kratos to bloody souffle before he can even think of whipping out the Medusa. Besides, powerful beings/creatures don't seem to even be affected by Medusa.

Estacado
Are you Burning Thought's replacement?

Hanaoka
Asura would probably reduce Kratos to bloody souffle before he can even think of whipping out the Medusa. Besides, powerful beings/creatures don't seem to even be affected by Medusa.

OK then what about Dante ? Dante can't die

BloodRain
Asura reacts to relativistic speeds and has planetary strength.. whywasthreadmade?

There is a slight chance he can lose this, but its stupid to thing about what could work until the damn game comes out no expression

TheGoldenSpy
The sword wasnt going that fast when in first hit him.

Hanaoka
Originally posted by BloodRain
Asura reacts to relativistic speeds and has planetary strength.. whywasthreadmade?

There is a slight chance he can lose this, but its stupid to thing about what could work until the damn game comes out no expression

Yeah we just have to wait and see it

BloodRain
Could question the visible speed, but the other guy he fought with was at that speed. His jump was what made the sword get to that speed, and if he's that fast Asura, or at least his reactions, would be as well.

Kuja9001
OK then what about Dante ? Dante can't die

Dante can die.

chuck inglish
how is asura relativistic. and when did he shatter a boss as big as the planet? videos please

TheGoldenSpy
I personally dont think hes that fast but he did kill a giant buddha.

Look up asuras wrath demo on youtube.

KingD19
Wyzen was actually several times larger than the planet earth, and his index finger that he tried to crush Asura with was the size of a small country.

Bro SMASH
Somebody made this same topic on GameFAQs and it's basically come down to just Asura vs. Bayonetta.

So now that the game is released, what do people think now?

NemeBro
Why would it be Asura versus Bayonetta?

Asura could casually beat everyone in this list at once.

Zack Fair
Asura.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by NemeBro
Why would it be Asura versus Bayonetta?

Asura could casually beat everyone in this list at once.

Read through this topic here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605974-asuras-wrath/61638592

Like I said, it eventually came down to just Asura and Bayonetta since some people believe Bayonetta could be Asura.

BloodRain
IIRC Kratos and Dante can both beat Bayonetta =/

Frisky Dingo
Ryu DOES fight Asura.

Who wins? No one knows.......yet.

http://gamingunwrapped.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/asuras-wrath-street-fighter-ryu-dlc-front-600x300.jpg

Phanteros
One punch is all Asura needs to to quake them out.

ares834
Originally posted by Bro SMASH

Like I said, it eventually came down to just Asura and Bayonetta since some people believe Bayonetta could be Asura.

Yeah that guy is an idiot... Asura stomps Bayonetta.

Bro SMASH

Like I said, it eventually came down to just Asura and Bayonetta since some people believe Bayonetta could beat Asura.

ares834
No I understand what you meant. However, Asura is more powerful than Bayonetta by several orders of magnitude. Which is why I was calling the guy an idiot... Because he is dead wrong.

Phanteros
I think Bro SMASH was just correcting his mispelling.

Demonic Phoenix
IIRC Kratos and Dante can both beat Bayonetta =/

I remember someone once saying that a dev stated that Dante = Bayonetta. srug

Nah, Asura would spank her.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Phanteros
I think Bro SMASH was just correcting his mispelling.

Yeah, I was correcting a slight error that I put in red to show.

Estacado
This.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHMilik5qw

ares834
Yeah... That's the best part of the game IMO.

Bro SMASH
So...that's Asura's "Super Saiyan" form?

Estacado
Pretty much.
Wonder what would have happened to Deus if Asura wouldn't have held back and fought him in this form.

ares834

He gets an even more powerful one at the end of the game.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by ares834
He gets an even more powerful one at the end of the game.

Cool! Guess I gotta check out that...episode. laughing out loud I'm currently just watching playthroughs.

Zack Fair
If we were to use the Comics Vs Forum Tiers; where would you guys place Asura?

Phanteros
He be low to mid herald based on what I see.

CosmicComet
Asura's Wrath is a pretty bad movie.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I remember someone once saying that a dev stated that Dante = Bayonetta. srug

The devs made 6 statements like that. One was that Dante beats V.Joe, then the reverse, Bay beats Dante , Dante = Bay and then Joe = Dante = Bay.. There was also the statement that Dante > the rest of Capcom and Dormammu, so..

Bay's at equal strength, slower and has less hax than Dante. Equal speed and weaker than Kratos.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Asura's Wrath is a pretty bad movie.

More whining I see.

How fast would this make them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8LmLFkec0#t=7m25s

BloodRain
Same as the Sora/Riku feat unless those lasers are extremely fast.

Kuja9001
Same as the Sora/Riku feat unless those lasers are extremely fast.

I think 3D retcons that event.

BloodRain
Hm? It looks pretty much the same, just in mid air.. technically making it twice as good as in the game.

...great, now I want to watch the trailer again >__>

Demonic Phoenix
The devs made 6 statements like that. One was that Dante beats V.Joe, then the reverse, Bay beats Dante , Dante = Bay and then Joe = Dante = Bay.. There was also the statement that Dante > the rest of Capcom and Dormammu, so..

Bay's at equal strength, slower and has less hax than Dante. Equal speed and weaker than Kratos.

Then they are all true, except for the last one of course because he was obviously referring to Marvel vs. Capcom 3. 313

Kratos is faster if she's slightly faster than a car.

CosmicComet
Wait, what?

A statement about Dante being greater than Dormammu? From whom? Where?

Maybe in the game canon, but Capcom has no say on that outside of the game, since its not their character.

Dormammu would shit on everyone in this thread by the way. Asura would be less than an afterthought.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Kuja9001
More whining I see.

How fast would this make them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8LmLFkec0#t=7m25s

No whining. Just truth. It's barely a game.

And, probably well into hypersonic, considering the distance there appears to be.

Kuja9001
Originally posted by CosmicComet
No whining. Just truth. It's barely a game.

Just like Heavy Rain right?

CosmicComet
Just like Heavy Rain right?

Funny enough, even Heavy Rain is more of a game than Asura's Wrath.

BloodRain
All? Dante < Joe > Dante < Bay = Dante =Joe.... /splodes/ lol nah apparently Capcom said they're bringing their strongest character to MvC when talking about Dante.

MvC/SMT Dante >
stick out tongue

Kratos' speed is Peak+ O.o

Iunno, just something I read. Not from Capcom guys, someone else.

Demonic Phoenix
All? Dante < Joe > Dante < Bay = Dante =Joe.... /splodes/ lol nah apparently Capcom said they're bringing their strongest character to MvC when talking about Dante.

MvC/SMT Dante >
stick out tongue

Kratos' speed is Peak+ O.o

Iunno, just something I read. Not from Capcom guys, someone else.

Moar liek Joe = Dante = Bayonetta, since they can all beat each other apparently. stick out tongue

Yeah, those Crapcom guys were lying.
Demitri >> SMT Dante peaches

In terms of traveling speed, his super leg muscles say otherwise, never mind The Sandals of Hermes.

BloodRain
Moar liek Joe = Dante = Bayonetta, since they can all beat each other apparently. stick out tongue

Yeah, those Crapcom guys were lying.
Demitri >> SMT Dante peaches

In terms of traveling speed, his super leg muscles say otherwise, never mind The Sandals of Hermes.

I'm riding the feat train bro blindfold

Pish, SMT Dante is Multiversal parm_k-monster

Eh, never really seen him do any fast movements so leg muscles be dammed. And iirc Hermes doesn't have a solid speed feat either, plus its unknown how much of his speed was his or his booties.

Kosmic King
I though this was about the Daedric Price Azura. Well, never mind.

NemeBro
Eh, never really seen him do any fast movements so leg muscles be dammed. And iirc Hermes doesn't have a solid speed feat either, plus its unknown how much of his speed was his or his booties.

Kratos has performed great leaps at speeds faster than any human could, if you count that.

Also, Bayonetta would probably beat Dante. Let's be honest here.

She headbutt's skyscrapers and sends them flying.

... God I hate that *****.

BloodRain
Guess he has faster jumping speed, though thinking of the watercrabhorse scene he wasnt far above human speeds.

Have the figures for that somewhere and its not /that/ far from his base strength. But remember thats comes after an eight second charge up. Her usable strength that she can do on the fly are on par with Dante's. She still aint fast enough though..

Aha, physics.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm riding the feat train bro blindfold

Pish, SMT Dante is Multiversal parm_k-monster

Good thing lol-Word of God > Feats schnauz

Yes, he is multiversal. Demitri pimp-slapped him so hard Dante was sent into another Universe. peaches

Apart from his jumping feats which cement his movement speed as being far above Peak-Human, he can also outrun Cronos sweeping his hand across his arm without the need for his boots, and we both know that Cronos can move his arms rather fast.
His booties are what make him the fastest god. He's run straight up a section of a chain that is a mile or so long, and he has filled 6 goblets with wine at the same time.

CosmicComet
the chain was much longer than just a mile from where hermes started running.

the labyrinth is in the center of olympus, and olympus has to be at least a dozen miles tall judging by how small that titan looked while falling after poseidon flew down at his chest.

anyway, by powerscaling, he's supposed to be the fastest in the verse, and Poseidon and Zeus definitely have broken mach speeds before, as have Poseidon's hippocampi.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, but we don't know if he ran all the way up to the Chamber of the Flame, or he paused somewhere in between. All we could see was at best, a mile of the chain.

BloodRain
Good thing lol-Word of God > Feats schnauz

Yes, he is multiversal. Demitri pimp-slapped him so hard Dante was sent into another Universe. peaches

Apart from his jumping feats which cement his movement speed as being far above Peak-Human, he can also outrun Cronos sweeping his hand across his arm without the need for his boots, and we both know that Cronos can move his arms rather fast.
His booties are what make him the fastest god. He's run straight up a section of a chain that is a mile or so long, and he has filled 6 goblets with wine at the same time.

Haku = Lightspeed then sneer

I see what you did there.. Multiversal smack talk foo'! Gonna make Demitri feel bad.... on a multiversal level haermm

Fastest I remember is this, barely above Peak. Almost hypersonic, though his hand speed at that moment in the scene was only 15m/s, and it was gaining on Kratos' 10m/s .
"Nor do we know if the boots gave Hermes all of his speed, or only amped his speed." ~DP :V Dunno why but it was in a file. More to the fact, speed is his only ability. From his status he must have some ability of his own that didnt come from the boots.
None of that gives a speed though. It takes him over a second to run up past 4, 6m chain links, only 24m. The same speed shown through the game like running down the mountain or across the wire. Nootttt sure what filling 6 cups actually means O.o Unless he can make the wine shoot out the bottle way faster than normal, cos there's no other way.

IIRC besides the giant horses , neither of those two had supersonic movement.

CosmicComet
Mach 5 is about a mile a second.

The hippocampi shot up from the water covering more like 6 miles a second.

And that wasn't Kratos' best leap. Earlier he jumped from the hippocampi to mount olympus, and then later he jumps from Cronos' left shoulder to his right palm.

BloodRain
Ah, so that's its name.

If its this then its about 22m (about 9 Kratos heights) in 1.5s, 15m/s is not far from the 10m/s Peak speed. The Cronos one was a 25m/s speed, though some of it may be attributed to the dive. So his jump speed around twice human speed.

Around 6km I'd say. And it took 4 whole seconds for it to get to them to get that high, timed it a few times.

Demonic Phoenix
Haku = Lightspeed then sneer

I see what you did there.. Multiversal smack talk foo'! Gonna make Demitri feel bad.... on a multiversal level haermm

Fastest I remember is this, barely above Peak. Almost hypersonic, though his hand speed at that moment in the scene was only 15m/s, and it was gaining on Kratos' 10m/s .
"Nor do we know if the boots gave Hermes all of his speed, or only amped his speed." ~DP :V Dunno why but it was in a file. More to the fact, speed is his only ability. From his status he must have some ability of his own that didnt come from the boots.
None of that gives a speed though. It takes him over a second to run up past 4, 6m chain links, only 24m. The same speed shown through the game like running down the mountain or across the wire. Nootttt sure what filling 6 cups actually means O.o Unless he can make the wine shoot out the bottle way faster than normal, cos there's no other way.

IIRC besides the giant horses , neither of those two had supersonic movement.

He was holding back. vin

Demitri gets hawt ladies from all over the multiverse. Dante can only get a 10 year old girl to like him. excellent

There's this where he crosses about 20-30 meters while massive platforms fall in slow-mo.

Eh, a) gameplay speed.
b) I highly highly doubt Cronos would move his hands at a very small fraction of his true speed when he is trying to capture Kratos.

What file?
Indeed, Speed is supposed to be his thing, but given how the Boots amp Kratos' speed to the point where he can now run up walls (and create trails of fire as Kratos runs, but it might just be a power of the boots that Hermes did not use on-screen...ask CC about this), the Boots must have also amped a considerably faster being by a similar margin.
On a tangent, he also had a Caduceus in the first novel, but it isn't present in the game.

More like 10, ~15m sections in just over a second, and he was running upwards while laughing so while it was obviously nowhere near as fast as Dante's Tower Dive, it was far more casual.
Yeah, it was a bit of a doozy, but the glasses were still filled at the same time and he appeared to be in three places at once.

Ah, so that's its name.

If its this then its about 22m (about 9 Kratos heights) in 1.5s, 15m/s is not far from the 10m/s Peak speed. The Cronos one was a 25m/s speed, though some of it may be attributed to the dive. So his jump speed around twice human speed.

Around 6km I'd say. And it took 4 whole seconds for it to get to them to get that high, timed it a few times.

3-4 seconds is how long it took to grab Gaia. We don't know if it rammed straight into her, or reached her, then grabbed her like it did with the Titan next to her. Given how fast it shot out of the water, I think it reached her in about a second or so.

NemeBro
Poseidon and Zeus have both broken the sound barrier and gone mach+ speeds with flight, wtf are you talking about BR?

BloodRain
He was holding back. vin

Demitri gets hawt ladies from all over the multiverse. Dante can only get a 10 year old girl to like him. excellent

There's this where he crosses about 20-30 meters while massive platforms fall in slow-mo.

Eh, a) gameplay speed.
b) I highly highly doubt Cronos would move his hands at a very small fraction of his true speed when he is trying to capture Kratos.

What file?
Indeed, Speed is supposed to be his thing, but given how the Boots amp Kratos' speed to the point where he can now run up walls (and create trails of fire as Kratos runs, but it might just be a power of the boots that Hermes did not use on-screen...ask CC about this), the Boots must have also amped a considerably faster being by a similar margin.
On a tangent, he also had a Caduceus in the first novel, but it isn't present in the game.

More like 10, ~15m sections in just over a second, and he was running upwards while laughing so while it was obviously nowhere near as fast as Dante's Tower Dive, it was far more casual.
Yeah, it was a bit of a doozy, but the glasses were still filled at the same time and he appeared to be in three places at once.

3-4 seconds is how long it took to grab Gaia. We don't know if it rammed straight into her, or reached her, then grabbed her like it did with the Titan next to her. Given how fast it shot out of the water, I think it reached her in about a second or so.

So was Dante against Dormammu. estahuh

Trish, Lady and Kyrie (we all know she wanted some) > Random girls.... Well, unless he got someone like Morrigan >__> cos damn..

Appeared 14m/s, not sure how slow but it doesnt look half-speed, so somewhere below double that. 2+x Peak human jumping then.

The whole fight was gameplay speed. Slapping his palm, trying to hit Kratos with his fingers. The locks he breaks would say its not so fast.
As much as doubt goes, I doubt Cronos would try combing his arm to attack Kratos instead of just grabbing him. Whatever the case, theres nothing to suggest he was moving fast in that scene.

Notepad file where I saved some junk from this site a while back :I
Wall running aint a feat in itself , Sora and the Prince can do this with human speed alone. All that says is the Boots amp Kratos' speed, not that its anywhere in league with Hermes himself.
This is where my Greek mythos fails me.. that's that medical sword/snake symbol, right?

Links are around 3x Hermes , and from the link he was standing on there are 4 more until he runs off-screen. This is the one I'm on about in case you're talking about another scene. I wont doubt that it was casual, buts its still his fastest feat he shows in the game.
Kinda quantifiable then. A speed can't be taken from super-pouring, same with afterimages really.
Game feat is the best one unless his comic 'running from the horizon' holds up. Though I can't imagine it being much above supersonic, if that.

We also don't know if it grabbed her straight away. The only facts we have is that it took 4 seconds to get to Gaia. And I'd trust the speed it took to cover the distance over the appeared speed, because that scene is heavily skewed. For instance, there are small type trees there about the size of the Titan, and those trees arent 500m tall. And the whole things size compared to the Titan says its equal to that of a Titan, when we know that it can fit in a Titans hand.
The only way to number that scene is from the creature itself; its tail/body width is 10m and the length in that scene to the top of the screen is 30x the width, 300m. It takes 0.5s to reach that point, so it was moving at 600m/s in that instance. Only Mach 1.8.

Either its Mach 1.8 and there was a lag between scenes, or its Mach 5 for the whole thing.

Poseidon and Zeus have both broken the sound barrier and gone mach+ speeds with flight, wtf are you talking about BR?
Poseidon is not supersonic outside giant horse mode. That wasnt supersonic air pressure trailing him on his dive, it was water vapor or something to the like. Besides seeing the trail fall, hit and splash on the mountain, theres it appearing again when Gaia throws Kratos through Poseidon. He's at the same speed throughout but only gains that trail after he hits the water body.

Only Zeus thing I remember is him jumping into the clouds, was that it?

Demonic Phoenix
So was Dante against Dormammu. estahuh

Trish, Lady and Kyrie (we all know she wanted some) > Random girls.... Well, unless he got someone like Morrigan >__> cos damn..

Appeared 14m/s, not sure how slow but it doesnt look half-speed, so somewhere below double that. 2+x Peak human jumping then.

The whole fight was gameplay speed. Slapping his palm, trying to hit Kratos with his fingers. The locks he breaks would say its not so fast.
As much as doubt goes, I doubt Cronos would try combing his arm to attack Kratos instead of just grabbing him. Whatever the case, theres nothing to suggest he was moving fast in that scene.

Notepad file where I saved some junk from this site a while back :I
Wall running aint a feat in itself , Sora and the Prince can do this with human speed alone. All that says is the Boots amp Kratos' speed, not that its anywhere in league with Hermes himself.
This is where my Greek mythos fails me.. that's that medical sword/snake symbol, right?

Links are around 3x Hermes , and from the link he was standing on there are 4 more until he runs off-screen. This is the one I'm on about in case you're talking about another scene. I wont doubt that it was casual, buts its still his fastest feat he shows in the game.
Kinda quantifiable then. A speed can't be taken from super-pouring, same with afterimages really.
Game feat is the best one unless his comic 'running from the horizon' holds up. Though I can't imagine it being much above supersonic, if that.

We also don't know if it grabbed her straight away. The only facts we have is that it took 4 seconds to get to Gaia. And I'd trust the speed it took to cover the distance over the appeared speed, because that scene is heavily skewed. For instance, there are small type trees there about the size of the Titan, and those trees arent 500m tall. And the whole things size compared to the Titan says its equal to that of a Titan, when we know that it can fit in a Titans hand.
The only way to number that scene is from the creature itself; its tail/body width is 10m and the length in that scene to the top of the screen is 30x the width, 300m. It takes 0.5s to reach that point, so it was moving at 600m/s in that instance. Only Mach 1.8.

Either its Mach 1.8 and there was a lag between scenes, or its Mach 5 for the whole thing.

Poseidon is not supersonic outside giant horse mode. That wasnt supersonic air pressure trailing him on his dive, it was water vapor or something to the like. Besides seeing the trail fall, hit and splash on the mountain, theres it appearing again when Gaia throws Kratos through Poseidon. He's at the same speed throughout but only gains that trail after he hits the water body.

Only Zeus thing I remember is him jumping into the clouds, was that it?

Yeah, Dormmammu was holding back immensely against Dante vin

Quantity over quality brah, as the difference in quality isn't a lot. Oh and Demitri can easily get Morrigan awesome

Not gonna math that, but I think you are lowballing. sneer

Yeah, I highly doubt it was supersonic or sonic, but 15m/s for a 490m being? no expression
Those were QTE events. Gameplay itself is slightly different IMO.
He combed his arm so he could grab Kratos.

Yes, that was the scene I was talking about as well. Using Chain links skews up the result. There are sections of the the chain where Kratos grapples onto that are 6 Kratos heights, so approx 15m. Hermes ran up 10 of those in around a second.
Indeed, the Prince of Persian can run up a wall vertically, as can Ezio/Altair/Desmond, Dante, Sam Fisher and a bunch of other characters. The difference between them and Hermes is that they cannot outrun gravity, not to my recollection, though I think Dante should be able to. Hermes and Kratos can, for at least 150 meters, even though it is a lot more. And no, if the Boots gave them the ability to defy gravity like the wiki says, then he could levitate and shit.

You mean it took 4 seconds for it to grab Gaia. There was another Hippocampi that took like 2 seconds to grab another Titan, and this was after it had already reached it
Yes, that scene is skewed because the camera is static in terms of position.
That's why I used a patch of green on the mountain that was roughly 600 meters (looked to be 1.5x of that Titan, though it wasn't entirely vertical. Assuming it is 400m and thus nearly 100m smaller than Cronos, and I'm not including the length of its foot that was almost in the same plane as its leg i.e. fully vertical) above the surface of the water. It took 0.1 seconds to reach that patch from the surface of the water (3 frames; the vid was at 30 fps) Got Mach 17.5 with simple distance/time for the Hippocampus coming out of the water at that patch. Can't use anything further as the Hippocampus moves past the top of the screen, and it gets skewed from there due to the angle.

It was supersonic air pressure and there's even a sonic boom when he starts going downwards. That Water vapor crap is something someone added on the GoW wiki.
Zeus can become Lightningz and zoom around the battlefield. That's like the Blitz, except Zeus is faster coz his Lightningz faster than regular Lightning. vin

BloodRain
Yeah, Dormmammu was holding back immensely against Dante vin

Quantity over quality brah, as the difference in quality isn't a lot. Oh and Demitri can easily get Morrigan awesome

Not gonna math that, but I think you are lowballing. sneer

Yeah, I highly doubt it was supersonic or sonic, but 15m/s for a 490m being? no expression
Those were QTE events. Gameplay itself is slightly different IMO.
He combed his arm so he could grab Kratos.

Yes, that was the scene I was talking about as well. Using Chain links skews up the result. There are sections of the the chain where Kratos grapples onto that are 6 Kratos heights, so approx 15m. Hermes ran up 10 of those in around a second.
Indeed, the Prince of Persian can run up a wall vertically, as can Ezio/Altair/Desmond, Dante, Sam Fisher and a bunch of other characters. The difference between them and Hermes is that they cannot outrun gravity, not to my recollection, though I think Dante should be able to. Hermes and Kratos can, for at least 150 meters, even though it is a lot more. And no, if the Boots gave them the ability to defy gravity like the wiki says, then he could levitate and shit.

You mean it took 4 seconds for it to grab Gaia. There was another Hippocampi that took like 2 seconds to grab another Titan, and this was after it had already reached it
Yes, that scene is skewed because the camera is static in terms of position.
That's why I used a patch of green on the mountain that was roughly 600 meters (looked to be 1.5x of that Titan, though it wasn't entirely vertical. Assuming it is 400m and thus nearly 100m smaller than Cronos, and I'm not including the length of its foot that was almost in the same plane as its leg i.e. fully vertical) above the surface of the water. It took 0.1 seconds to reach that patch from the surface of the water (3 frames; the vid was at 30 fps) Got Mach 17.5 with simple distance/time for the Hippocampus coming out of the water at that patch. Can't use anything further as the Hippocampus moves past the top of the screen, and it gets skewed from there due to the angle.

It was supersonic air pressure and there's even a sonic boom when he starts going downwards. That Water vapor crap is something someone added on the GoW wiki.
Zeus can become Lightningz and zoom around the battlefield. That's like the Blitz, except Zeus is faster coz his Lightningz faster than regular Lightning. vin

Dante's one-liners > all fiction, stated fact 131

Kay no fair.. everyone knows Morrigan's hotness > omniverse :< Played the nuke card

25m (mid of what you said) in 1.7s. Closer to 15m/s.. And Im too pure and creamy for unfair lowballs, like butter on your morning bagel smokingcowboy .....yeah I dont get it either.

Its either the shown speed of 15, or the speed that he would and should be moving at which is bordering on Ma5. May seem unlikey that he was sweeping at 15m/s, but its more unlikely that Kratos was keeping away from a hypersonic grab.

Maybe it was a different chain, because the one he was on was in no way 15m. Where you getting 10 from? There are only 4 from where he is to the top.
Well Prince09 can horizontally wall run indefinitely, Sora and co can scale buildings and Dante can ride a bike up the tower , and none of them at any decent speed. Cos irl its not about speed and outrunning gravity , its because you cant stay on the wall and will push yourself off. So any wall running feat is at the speed its shown to be at.

But thats if it attacked her in the same way. Kratos was looking in the direction iirc, if it did the same thing to Gaia he would have seen it.
But if we were to agree with that we'd also have to agree that the water guy was of equal size to the Titan. The same Titan that was tree sized. Thinking about it, of the 3 things the Titans size is the most messed up. And as we're getting the speed for the horsething, its the horsething that should be used to measure. And no, I dont know why I wont call it by its name >___> Oh oh, and how did you get it frame by frame?

Ok just so you know I think wiki is copying /my/ words, not the other way round. Check the scene for yourself, right as he makes the curve into his ram you can clearly see the trail fall straight down and what looks like splash on the mountain. Which links directly to Kratos getting the exact same trail only after going through the waterguy.
If its the GoW2 gamepay part, then being partially covered in lightning and leaving a trail =/= turning into lightning. Plus its way slower than any of his moves :V

Note; typing a WoT on a tablet is sodomic pain no expression

chuck inglish
He was holding back. vin

Pish posh Dante covers a good distance while the platform falls in slow mo while the savior retracts his arm in slow mo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPvxnelczg&feature=youtube_gdata_player and if you think The savior's slow think agian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeiu_RncnbI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
He was able to catch Nero mid air

Demonic Phoenix
Dante's one-liners > all fiction, stated fact 131

Kay no fair.. everyone knows Morrigan's hotness > omniverse :< Played the nuke card

25m (mid of what you said) in 1.7s. Closer to 15m/s.. And Im too pure and creamy for unfair lowballs, like butter on your morning bagel smokingcowboy .....yeah I dont get it either.

Its either the shown speed of 15, or the speed that he would and should be moving at which is bordering on Ma5. May seem unlikey that he was sweeping at 15m/s, but its more unlikely that Kratos was keeping away from a hypersonic grab.

Maybe it was a different chain, because the one he was on was in no way 15m. Where you getting 10 from? There are only 4 from where he is to the top.
Well Prince09 can horizontally wall run indefinitely, Sora and co can scale buildings and Dante can ride a bike up the tower , and none of them at any decent speed. Cos irl its not about speed and outrunning gravity , its because you cant stay on the wall and will push yourself off. So any wall running feat is at the speed its shown to be at.

But thats if it attacked her in the same way. Kratos was looking in the direction iirc, if it did the same thing to Gaia he would have seen it.
But if we were to agree with that we'd also have to agree that the water guy was of equal size to the Titan. The same Titan that was tree sized. Thinking about it, of the 3 things the Titans size is the most messed up. And as we're getting the speed for the horsething, its the horsething that should be used to measure. And no, I dont know why I wont call it by its name >___> Oh oh, and how did you get it frame by frame?

Ok just so you know I think wiki is copying /my/ words, not the other way round. Check the scene for yourself, right as he makes the curve into his ram you can clearly see the trail fall straight down and what looks like splash on the mountain. Which links directly to Kratos getting the exact same trail only after going through the waterguy.
If its the GoW2 gamepay part, then being partially covered in lightning and leaving a trail =/= turning into lightning. Plus its way slower than any of his moves :V

Note; typing a WoT on a tablet is sodomic pain no expression

Dormammu's hair > Dante's One-liners. Another stated fact. 313

Demitri's seduction of women > Morrigan...
Morrigan is so damn hawt and powerful. That shouldn't be allowed. haermm

Meh, I'll leave it to CC to dispute this, or I'll do it later. CBA to calc it now.
Admit it, you've been tainted by BT. uhuh

I don't think he was moving his hand at Mach 5, or even Mach 1. But I don't think it was 15m/s either. That's painfully slow for someone his size trying to get something off his arm, when he can move his arm much faster. I think it was that slow because it was in gameplay, and the player wouldn't really be able to run away from something that moved at Mach 1.

I'm not talking about the chain links, but the area Hermes actually runs on. That stone-like structure is divided into trapezoidal sections.
I got 15 by scaling up Kratos as he was climbing on it. He's 8.5 feet, but as his thigs were bent and his arms outstretched, I took it as 8. It was 6x Kratos, so 48 feet or ~15 meters. Looking back at it, I should have taken something like 6 feet, so 10 meters.
Hermes runs up 8 of those, not 10 as I initially stated.
Haven't played PoP08, but I remember the prince having a claw on his left hand which would explain why he can run indefinitely along a wall. I thought Dante sped up the Bike?
Kind of different for Hermes I'd guess. He can't run up a wall any better than the Prince (SoT) when he's tired.

It did grab her, so I think it would have attacked her in the same way.
That titan was not tree sized. It probably seems that way since the camera was fixed in one position. Which is why I went with that green patch, as it was the only thing I could use to compare where both the Hippocampus and the Titan were right in front of the camera and appeared to be at their correct size.
The Titan was much larger right before it fell into the water, than when it was near those trees. There were similar looking trees on the ground that were about as big as its finger.
Used Media Player Classic with a downloaded vid for a frame-step, and MPC gives you the frame-rate of the vid.

I only see that trail disappear, not drop down, and again, there's an audible, supersonic characteristic 'boom' that he makes when he accelerates.
I wasn't being serious about Zeus, but yeah, he does turn into Lightning when teleporting, and he leaves Light/Lightning trails when dashing. Also, do you know a character called Wally West? He does the exact same thing. awesome
Just means his moves are much faster than Lightningz vin

I've tried typing a WoT on a touchphone. Couldn't even get f***ing line-breaks in and had to resort to using line-breaks in the quoted post. haermm

Originally posted by chuck inglish
Pish posh Dante covers a good distance while the platform falls in slow mo while the savior retracts his arm in slow mo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZPvxnelczg&feature=youtube_gdata_player and if you think The savior's slow think agian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeiu_RncnbI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
He was able to catch Nero mid air

Umm, okay?

NemeBro
Morrigan sucks. **** that ho.

Nephthys
Nephthys disapproves...

NemeBro
If you like cardboard with t!ts, I guess Morrigan is okay.

Nephthys
No, I like Morrigan. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Bitches are cool anyway. She made me laugh bigtime. And she was so cute when she called me her first friend. Favourite companion in Dragon Age for me. Pity she was straight.

NemeBro
Darkstalkers Morrigan was the character being discussed, not Dragon Age.

Also, DA Morrigan is just a *****, I am so glad you can kill her.

Nephthys
Oh. Well there are tons of Morrigan/Lillith pics, so I guess she's cool too. Thats Selfcest, right? Hot.

**** you no you can't Morrigans too cool for that Witch Hunt never happened.

Demonic Phoenix
Morrigan sucks. **** that ho.

That's what Belial told Demitri. vin

Also Neph, DA Morrigan is SMALL-TIEM.

BloodRain
Is this a character flaw issue? Cos she's still hot regardless <__<

Dormammu's hair > Dante's One-liners. Another stated fact. 313

Demitri's seduction of women > Morrigan...
Morrigan is so damn hawt and powerful. That shouldn't be allowed. haermm

Meh, I'll leave it to CC to dispute this, or I'll do it later. CBA to calc it now.
Admit it, you've been tainted by BT. uhuh

I don't think he was moving his hand at Mach 5, or even Mach 1. But I don't think it was 15m/s either. That's painfully slow for someone his size trying to get something off his arm, when he can move his arm much faster. I think it was that slow because it was in gameplay, and the player wouldn't really be able to run away from something that moved at Mach 1.

I'm not talking about the chain links, but the area Hermes actually runs on. That stone-like structure is divided into trapezoidal sections.
I got 15 by scaling up Kratos as he was climbing on it. He's 8.5 feet, but as his thigs were bent and his arms outstretched, I took it as 8. It was 6x Kratos, so 48 feet or ~15 meters. Looking back at it, I should have taken something like 6 feet, so 10 meters.
Hermes runs up 8 of those, not 10 as I initially stated.
Haven't played PoP08, but I remember the prince having a claw on his left hand which would explain why he can run indefinitely along a wall. I thought Dante sped up the Bike?
Kind of different for Hermes I'd guess. He can't run up a wall any better than the Prince (SoT) when he's tired.

It did grab her, so I think it would have attacked her in the same way.
That titan was not tree sized. It probably seems that way since the camera was fixed in one position. Which is why I went with that green patch, as it was the only thing I could use to compare where both the Hippocampus and the Titan were right in front of the camera and appeared to be at their correct size.
The Titan was much larger right before it fell into the water, than when it was near those trees. There were similar looking trees on the ground that were about as big as its finger.
Used Media Player Classic with a downloaded vid for a frame-step, and MPC gives you the frame-rate of the vid.

I only see that trail disappear, not drop down, and again, there's an audible, supersonic characteristic 'boom' that he makes when he accelerates.
I wasn't being serious about Zeus, but yeah, he does turn into Lightning when teleporting, and he leaves Light/Lightning trails when dashing. Also, do you know a character called Wally West? He does the exact same thing. awesome
Just means his moves are much faster than Lightningz vin

I've tried typing a WoT on a touchphone. Couldn't even get f***ing line-breaks in and had to resort to using line-breaks in the quoted post. haermm

He doesn't have hair! >oh2 Hey, I'm the only one here that highballs for the opposing side pfft

Thats the thing. Theres a good chance that its faster than the game showed it to be, but that would be admitting to Cronos using a faster movement to catch Kratos, back to mach numbers. Because its foolish for Cronos to use anything but full speed.

Ahh I see I see. How it looks in the cutscene its nothing to what it really is when he's climbing it. 10m it is. Btw I'm against Kratos being 8.5ft even if some guy said it. Would make common people 7ft tall and his 5, 6 year old daughter 6ft tall >__>
He passes 4 whole links and 4 1/3rd links. 1/3rd as the links are.. linking to each other, every second one only adds a third of its length in-between the other links. Total of 53.333m. Clears them in 1.5 seconds, 35.6m/s.
....Dammit. 08. Don't think the claw would help, irl speaking. Nah it was all Lady's bike, flaming revs and everything.
Isnt that the same for Kratos when he has the boots?

No way of knowing for sure though.
Not sure if it was the angle that made the trees look massive, but one things for certain as thats that that horsethings body was compatible to a Titans size(3 thats in a row too much?). Titan is 5cm on the screen, things body is just over 1cm. Suggesting a 100m width, when its only 15m when Kratos is fighting him.
I wont lie, I may just mount your leg for giving me frame-by-frame no expression

3:30, a clear splash when he tilts up. And I pumped up the volume, its a 'whoosh', not a 'boom'.
I know ya wernt, but I know that someone else would pick up on that and use it later :< But that's him teleporting, not moving. And he's just has that glow around him, not like he turned into lightning. Since when can Wally control or turn into lightning? 313smart

That touchphone dealio drove me nuts o'_o

KingD19
Kratos could be 8.5 I suppose. He is a demi-god after all.

BloodRain
Kratos being that tall I can live with. Kids like his daughter being 6ft is something else.

NemeBro
Is this a character flaw issue? Cos she's still hot regardless <__< Character flaw?

No it is that she is a shallow piece of cardboard with t!ts, it is not that she doesn't have flaws, it is that she doesn't have character. She doesn't deserve to be the most popular Darkstalkers character and everyone who thinks she deserves the top billing in Capcom crossover games should probably take a hammer and bash their testicles until they rupture.

Hsien-Ko from the same series is a more interesting character, and also happens to be hotter. estahuh

Morrigan's "sister" Lilith is also a better character, ftr.

KingD19
Kratos being that tall I can live with. Kids like his daughter being 6ft is something else.

Again; he's a demi-god, his godly blood might have made her a bit taller/bulkier than a normal girl her age. Probably not but it's the only explanation that excuses the developers from being lazy asses. laughing

NemeBro
"A bit".

Six foot tall six year olds are only "a bit" larger than a normal girl her age.

Lol.

KingD19
She was only 6? I thought she was older. It's been some times since I played the 1st one.

BloodRain
Hsein-ko is hot, but not hotter. Eh, I know nothing of the DS verse or their character so youre probably right. Morrigan's fine from a fapable point of view :V

Theres actually this 6ft tall 10 year old that goes to my old primary school. Almost creeped the shit outa me no expression

NemeBro
Hsein-ko is hot, but not hotter. Eh, I know nothing of the DS verse or their character so youre probably right. Morrigan's fine from a fapable point of view :V

Theres actually this 6ft tall 10 year old that goes to my old primary school. Almost creeped the shit outa me no expression No you're wrong Hsien-ko is hotter. estahuh

Sure she is good in terms of fapping, but that is it.

I knew a kid who was seven feet tall in my middle school, as early as at least seventh grade lol.

Demonic Phoenix
Is this a character flaw issue? Cos she's still hot regardless <__<

He doesn't have hair! >pfft

Thats the thing. Theres a good chance that its faster than the game showed it to be, but that would be admitting to Cronos using a faster movement to catch Kratos, back to mach numbers. Because its foolish for Cronos to use anything but full speed.

Ahh I see I see. How it looks in the cutscene its nothing to what it really is when he's climbing it. 10m it is. Btw I'm against Kratos being 8.5ft even if some guy said it. Would make common people 7ft tall and his 5, 6 year old daughter 6ft tall >__>
He passes 4 whole links and 4 1/3rd links. 1/3rd as the links are.. linking to each other, every second one only adds a third of its length in-between the other links. Total of 53.333m. Clears them in 1.5 seconds, 35.6m/s.
....Dammit. 08. Don't think the claw would help, irl speaking. Nah it was all Lady's bike, flaming revs and everything.
Isnt that the same for Kratos when he has the boots?

No way of knowing for sure though.
Not sure if it was the angle that made the trees look massive, but one things for certain as thats that that horsethings body was compatible to a Titans size(3 thats in a row too much?). Titan is 5cm on the screen, things body is just over 1cm. Suggesting a 100m width, when its only 15m when Kratos is fighting him.
I wont lie, I may just mount your leg for giving me frame-by-frame

3:30, a clear splash when he tilts up. And I pumped up the volume, its a 'whoosh', not a 'boom'.
I know ya wernt, but I know that someone else would pick up on that and use it later :< But that's him teleporting, not moving. And he's just has that glow around him, not like he turned into lightning. Since when can Wally control or turn into lightning? 313smart

That touchphone dealio drove me nuts o'_o

Flames for hair, and Flames for hair > Dante. Also, no hair > Dante. awesome

Demitri would pick her up every night for a booty call. It's because of his teaching skills that she is now a Succubus.

I'll math it some other time. Yeah, but you gave BT some ammo that was annoying. sneer

Eh, it shouldn't really be a choice between max speed and shown gameplay speed. After all, you can't really expect someone to move at full speed all the time. That said, I still maintain that it was much faster than Peak Human speeds, but not Sonic speeds. That, or Kratos did actually use the Boots to escape in Canon.

Dev statement. srug Even if Kratos is ~6 feet, it would make Theseus 8 feet tall, and Hercules at least 10 feet tall. So yeah, demi-gods in GoW can be freakishly tall.
Though yeah, his child gets some leeway as he's demi-god and stuff (she was touched by the Ambrosia), but his wife does not get a pass. Then again, she did not fear him and could handle sex with Kratos, so I doubt she is only human. awesome
Counted them in HD. Was roughly 6 in 1 second (30 fps again), and 8 in 1.3. Meh. Nowhere close to sonic, but still fairly fast considering he's running straight up and laughing.
He grips the wall when running. Also, I don't think he can run indefinitely based on the vid I saw. I remember Charlotte saying Dante charged the Bike with his energy. He's done that in the anime after all.
Dunno. He can run up/along them without any support, but when he starts the run, he uses a Blade as an Ice-pick.

So then we go with my calc of Mach 17.5. uhuh

That circular 'splash' disappears off-screen though, so can't really tell. When I crank up the volume, I hear a slightly subtle 'boom' when he makes his diving motion, and then the 'whoosh' you pointed out once he starts descending. When he passes the clouds, he sounds like a jet. Gaia's arm makes the same sound (but louder) when she's punching Poseidon. Then there's also the fact that he, a 200 kilo dude at best, was moving fast enough to knock a multimillion tonne Titan off the Mountain. Guys like Kratos may occasionally say FU to momentum, but that shit still counts in GoW.
So IMO he is using Water Vapour to accelerate himself (agreeable to me as he's affiliated with Water), but he is still moving at >Supersonic speeds.

Don't really care about any size discrepancy (will look at it though), so calc should still stand. Was also lowballing just to be nice. stick out tongue
Yeah, I know. Internets is SRS BZNESS. haermm
Don't see why he'd turn into Lightning when he's teleporting, but not when he's zipping around. He is Lightning personified.
Brah, Zeus made Wally West. That's why he leaves Lightning trails when he moves, just like his daddy. 131

Demonic Phoenix
No you're wrong Hsien-ko is hotter. estahuh

Morrigan >> Felicia > Hsien-Ko. DEAL WIT EET.

NemeBro
Afraid not.

Felicia?

What is up with the compulsive need for boys to want to **** a cat any time they see one that plagues our society these days?

Nephthys
You've never heard of chasing some tail Nemebro?

NemeBro
I'm a real man. Cats are too easy. Bears make more fitting prey for a bastion of manliness like me.

BloodRain
Hsien-ko > Felicia, thats it though.

Fapping is my sole interest in them so its A-game here.

O_o Anyone below 20 being that tall is wrong and disturbing.

Flames for hair, and Flames for hair > Dante. Also, no hair > Dante.

Demitri would pick her up every night for a booty call. It's because of his teaching skills that she is now a Succubus.

I'll math it some other time. Yeah, but you gave BT some ammo that was annoying.

Eh, it shouldn't really be a choice between max speed and shown gameplay speed. After all, you can't really expect someone to move at full speed all the time. That said, I still maintain that it was much faster than Peak Human speeds, but not Sonic speeds. That, or Kratos did actually use the Boots to escape in Canon.

Dev statement. Even if Kratos is ~6 feet, it would make Theseus 8 feet tall, and Hercules at least 10 feet tall. So yeah, demi-gods in GoW can be freakishly tall.
Though yeah, his child gets some leeway as he's demi-god and stuff (she was touched by the Ambrosia), but his wife does not get a pass. Then again, she did not fear him and could handle sex with Kratos, so I doubt she is only human.
Counted them in HD. Was roughly 6 in 1 second (30 fps again), and 8 in 1.3. Meh. Nowhere close to sonic, but still fairly fast considering he's running straight up and laughing.
He grips the wall when running. Also, I don't think he can run indefinitely based on the vid I saw. I remember Charlotte saying Dante charged the Bike with his energy. He's done that in the anime after all.
Dunno. He can run up/along them without any support, but when he starts the run, he uses a Blade as an Ice-pick.

So then we go with my calc of Mach 17.5.

That circular 'splash' disappears off-screen though, so can't really tell. When I crank up the volume, I hear a slightly subtle 'boom' when he makes his diving motion, and then the 'whoosh' you pointed out once he starts descending. When he passes the clouds, he sounds like a jet. Gaia's arm makes the same sound (but louder) when she's punching Poseidon. Then there's also the fact that he, a 200 kilo dude at best, was moving fast enough to knock a multimillion tonne Titan off the Mountain. Guys like Kratos may occasionally say FU to momentum, but that shit still counts in GoW.
So IMO he is using Water Vapour to accelerate himself (agreeable to me as he's affiliated with Water), but he is still moving at >Supersonic speeds.

Don't really care about any size discrepancy (will look at it though), so calc should still stand. Was also lowballing just to be nice.
Yeah, I know. Internets is SRS BZNESS.
Don't see why he'd turn into Lightning when he's teleporting, but not when he's zipping around. He is Lightning personified.
Brah, Zeus made Wally West. That's why he leaves Lightning trails when he moves, just like his daddy.

Vergil's demon blood hair-gel > Flameo hair ahah

God no, Im shocked Demitri gets any.. just look at the guy xnone. And you're /born/ with skills like hers, aint something you can teach

Hey I just gave BT a strength feat, it was Morridini and dadudemon that opened up the Sun core situation >.<

Fair point, but its still a massive unknown gap between what was shown and what we know to say its anything else. Like even though its logically sound that he was moving faster, no evidence points to it. Not even Kratos having any other speed feat to hint to this.

**** the devs! Demi-gods sure, not the other mortals. His wife's just blessed with the vagina of the gods... which > BoO
41m/s then, tbh Im disappointed that he hasn't shown anything faster in the game for being the fastest god.
Yeah behind him, that wouldn't work. Remembered now, its only infinite when he crosses from a wall to the other side. Half counts. The only time Dante charges a bike is in the anime. In the scene all he did was rev it up in the same way Lady did when burning some demons. DeBel may have been mentioning the anime scene... ah DeBel..
So Kratos doesn't get the same speed as Hermes. Not as fast, doesn't go vertical and has the assistance of his blades.

Your speed comes from faulty Titan size ahah. The Titan and the Horsething don't match up to their actual size, which is a major thing if comparing its size to what distance the thing covers. As we're using the Horsething we should be using its own size to gauge the speed. In 2 frames it moves 6cm . The snake part body width is 1.5cm and given that this part of its body is 10m, the thing moved 40m in 2 frames. 600m/s, just like the speed I got before.

But it still detaches from his body and the rest of the trail and moves downwards. If there was a boom at that moment, it can't be a sonic-boom as he was still stationary during it. Actually to knock something as heavy as a 500m rock titan back like he did, around 100m/s from what it moved, for his 200kg weight he would have to be moving at massively hypersonic speeds . Id say its the strength force to unbalance that Titan, not speed. Right at 4:20, Kratos gets the same trail /after/ colliding with the Waterthing, he doesn't have it before. This should be evident enough that this trail is water based, not a shockwave,

Yer damn right its serious aweerm
Well the appearance doesn't suggest he turned into lighting. Being the personification of lightningsays little in itself. Helios's face could only glow and not turn into a mini Sun, Poseidon could only manipulate water when in contact with it instead of just becoming water. No god could turn into the thing they govern over.

Must be due to lack of sleep, but I seriously thought GoW Zeus actually made DC Wally haermm

stargun
Asura would solo this even without his arms.

Demonic Phoenix
Vergil's demon blood hair-gel > Flameo hair

God no, Im shocked Demitri gets any.. just look at the guy. And you're /born/ with skills like hers, aint something you can teach

Hey I just gave BT a strength feat, it was Morridini and dadudemon that opened up the Sun core situation >.<

Fair point, but its still a massive unknown gap between what was shown and what we know to say its anything else. Like even though its logically sound that he was moving faster, no evidence points to it. Not even Kratos having any other speed feat to hint to this.

**** the devs! Demi-gods sure, not the other mortals. His wife's just blessed with the vagina of the gods... which > BoO
41m/s then, tbh Im disappointed that he hasn't shown anything faster in the game for being the fastest god.
Yeah behind him, that wouldn't work. Remembered now, its only infinite when he crosses from a wall to the other side. Half counts. The only time Dante charges a bike is in the anime. In the scene all he did was rev it up in the same way Lady did when burning some demons. DeBel may have been mentioning the anime scene... ah DeBel..
So Kratos doesn't get the same speed as Hermes. Not as fast, doesn't go vertical and has the assistance of his blades.

Your speed comes from faulty Titan size. The Titan and the Horsething don't match up to their actual size, which is a major thing if comparing its size to what distance the thing covers. As we're using the Horsething we should be using its own size to gauge the speed. In 2 frames it moves 6cm . The snake part body width is 1.5cm and given that this part of its body is 10m, the thing moved 40m in 2 frames. 600m/s, just like the speed I got before.

But it still detaches from his body and the rest of the trail and moves downwards. If there was a boom at that moment, it can't be a sonic-boom as he was still stationary during it. Actually to knock something as heavy as a 500m rock titan back like he did, around 100m/s from what it moved, for his 200kg weight he would have to be moving at massively hypersonic speeds . Id say its the strength force to unbalance that Titan, not speed. Right at 4:20, Kratos gets the same trail /after/ colliding with the Waterthing, he doesn't have it before. This should be evident enough that this trail is water based, not a shockwave,

Yer damn right its serious
Well the appearance doesn't suggest he turned into lighting. Being the personification of lightningsays little in itself. Helios's face could only glow and not turn into a mini Sun, Poseidon could only manipulate water when in contact with it instead of just becoming water. No god could turn into the thing they govern over.

Must be due to lack of sleep, but I seriously thought GoW Zeus actually made DC Wally

Yeah, but Vergil >>>>>>>>> Dante, so Flame-O hair still >>>>>> Dante.

Indeed. Look at him. It's clear his powers of Seduction > Morrigan's. Ergo, he taught her what she knows. awesome

What was shown was gameplay speed of an advancing death trap that the player needs to outrun. So I wouldn't really take that speed into account.

She was also blessed with the Boobs of the Gods. No wonder Kratos is damn sorry he killed her.
He was holding back. uhuh
Eh, he may have charged it up while revving it. Can't remember exactly what she said. CBA to check it.
Prolly not the same speed, but he can run up wall vertically as well. And he only needs the assistance of the blades in that he uses them to grip the wall at the very beginning. He doesn't need them after that.
Plus, when he runs, he leaves behind Fire. vin

Which two frames? Once the Leviathan comes out, the camera starts shifting, and there is only one frame where you can see it right in front of the camera. In the next frame, an unknown amount of the Leviathan moves off-screen, making it hard to obtain a clear-cut figure of how far it moved. How did you get 6cm?
Seems like its size is fairly consistent with the Titan's Size to me. That, and this Titan may have been smaller than Gaia, or at least its hand was smaller than hers. Hers appears to be kind of stocky.
The thing still looks like it would fit in that Titan's hand. So I still stand by the Mach 17.5 speed uhuh
In addition, it looks slightly different from the other Leviathans, particularly its body. The others have these dark-brown scales, but this one had a bunch of cylindrical water structures in it. Might have been the Mother Leviathan. haermm

He wasn't stationary. He was diving once the shockwave appeared.
Kool. Poseidon's Hypersonic then. stoned
Nah, it isn't only strength. It's strength and speed. Otherwise he would have just walked up to the Titan and pushed it off with his hands.
Yes, the trail is water-based. I agreed to that. However, Poseidon was still moving at >Supersonic speeds due to the shockwave at the start of his descent, the sound he makes when he's nearing the Titan, and the fact that he unbalanced it simply by bullrushing it. You're reaching to try and say he wasn't moving faster than Sound.

It's either Lightning, or Light. Pick one. uhuh
Helios is a little weird. His face could glow, but at the same time, the Light could actually kill stuff. His chariot was a bright fireball. There's also one time where he releases Light against Perses, and there's an explosion.
Poseidon turned into water when he died, and released a Tidal wave, while Zeus' body turned into Lightning when he died. So yes, it suggests they actually are what they govern, especially in the case of Zeus & Poseidon.

He did. shifty

BloodRain

NemeBro
... One of Zeus's abilities in the third game is turning into lightning and attacking Kratos. He does it in combat.

Noob.

BloodRain
Ah, didn't see it. Only saw a sparked dodge, the teleport and a dark cloud version of the light trail from the second game.. cba to look again, when does he do it?

Kuja9001
... One of Zeus's abilities in the third game is turning into lightning and attacking Kratos. He does it in combat.

Noob.

That isn't lightning

This is lightning

Zeus never did that.

Demonic Phoenix

NemeBro
That isn't lightning

This is lightning

Zeus never did that. Go to 4:40.

Don't you ever try to contradict me.

Kuja9001
Go to 4:40.

Don't you ever try to contradict me.

You mean the clone and the teleport?

BloodRain

Demonic Phoenix

NemeBro
You mean the clone and the teleport? Yes, where he turns into lightning and teleports, noob.

Kuja9001
Yes, where he turns into lightning and teleports, noob.

don't insult me because you can't tell the difference between something turning into lightning and lightning surrounding someone.

chuck inglish
When did magic lightning= real lightning?

NemeBro
chuck inglish, you really don't want me to quantify Zeus's lightning. I've already done it.

The result was mach 3,048.

And no Kuja, he turns into lightning. Your bizarre desire for that not to be the case has no bearing on what happened.

chuck inglish
chuck inglish, you really don't want me to quantify Zeus's lightning. I've already done it.

===
Bro where's the thread you calced it on? It would help kratos out alot on my native debating website

BloodRain

Sorry but I'm sure that its unquantifiable;

First is the line, "It seared past Athena and flashed into the sky (...) lightning struck the desert.". Flashing into the sky and a lightning strike, I read this as Zeus shooting into the sky and making lightning strike over Ares. Wasn't anything about him throwing it across the land. Also edge to edge, Crete is 400km from Egypt. Minor point.

Most important is that the geography in GoW is not that of our own. The avg radius of Greece is 360km, while the Gow 'world' radius is only <40km. Whether they include Egypt in this, I dunno.

Damn straight. Austin would stun them.

Bring those babies on.
Don't worry. Once he catches sight of Kratos, he'll be running away from him massively faster than Hermes did. Dunno. Can't really quantify it, except maybe that it looks like he's covering a large distance in that instant? Dunno. CC reads more comics than I do.
Wings on Feets can accomplish that too, and they can leap forward in Time as well.

It was more like a bulky hill back then, as opposed to the somewhat streamlined cone in GoW3. And that's assuming he climbed towards the temple in a straight line without any stops, and thus did not have to take a break or alter his course in some way.
Yeah, but it couldn't have been a single Hippocampi, and it was Poseidon who went into the water, so it had to have been that thing. 20m for the width of that thing? Looks more like 40-50 to me.
Also, I still don't approve of using its own hazy width to calc the distance traveled. That's like calc stacking.

I still see a a slight downward movement and I took into consideration the zoom. Meh.
Moar like Supersonic head-diving. Him jumping off that ledge was when that 'Boom' started.
Good thing Poseidon was moving at hypersonic speeds. I'd also suggest he had more mass as he released a Tidal wave and raised the sea level by like a mile when he died, but then he'd have a lot more mass than the Titan did.

Zeus is FTL.
No, was saying he turned into Lightning, then just ported. To be honest, he's also displayed teleportation that looks completely different. More like giving off Lightning when he's moving, as opposed to having it around him.
Just that one bolt against Gaia and Kratos. The regular bolts have him spawning it in his palm.
Dunno what that boss in Zelda does, but Poseidon can also summon Lightning from the Sky. Both him and Zeus could alter the Weather by taking deep breaths.

I want what you're smokin' brah, no way some fake wrestler is > anything pfft
If he does its 'cos of Kratos reputation to shag attractive people, bishis must beware >-> The distance is roughly 100m give or take. Whatever comic gais use to get a timeframe it'd have to be pretty low to even breach supersonic from this. If Kratos has trouble with Hermes, wouldn't that mean that he faces trouble against opponents with <Supersonic movement speed?
Did I mention mine are hot-rod red?

Even taking a less linear path, having some breaks and even a few naps, its ridiculously slow. Climbers have done 300m/45mins, 1,444m/4hours and 3,000m/24hours. With the extra strength, endurance and being able to stab his blades into the mountain, Kratos shoulda aced it in half an hour.
Guess the logic does outweigh a slight visual issue. A grasping hands palm width is about 6-7cm on a 1.8m person. (500/1.8)*0.06-0.07= 17-20m for a 500m Titan. Also the things body-body is 13m from head to gut , and this part is almost the size of the width making it 20.43m. Both results together is why I used 20m.
Think calc stacking only includes feat+feat, this is measuring to /get/ the speed. Standard everyday calc :3 Though if we were to use the Titan's height then we'd have to also say that the horsethings size was not accurate, making its movements uncalcable for inaccuracy of the scene.

In the end only a sound and appearance suggest sonic. His trails look and sound would oppose this instance with the movement and later acceleration adding to this opposition.
Lol I think that'd be something like mountain weight.. and that'd be scary O.o

I'll give you FTL Zeus if you give me Multiversal Dante peaches
Theres pretty much no way to tell if he became lightning or it was just covering him when he 'ported, because turning into lightning would have nothing to do with teleporting. Which ones that? o: From the top of my head theres when he's using the BoO, when he gets charged from Gaia's heart, think theres a time he draws from above to throw the orbs. I know he does it in the GoW2 fight too.
So one can manipulate weather and lightning, and the other can manipulate weather, lightning, water and waterhorsethings? Someones an underrated brother..

NemeBro

First is the line, "It seared past Athena and flashed into the sky (...) lightning struck the desert.". Flashing into the sky and a lightning strike, I read this as Zeus shooting into the sky and making lightning strike over Ares. Wasn't anything about him throwing it across the land. Also edge to edge, Crete is 400km from Egypt. Minor point.

Most important is that the geography in GoW is not that of our own. The avg radius of Greece is 360km, while the Gow 'world' radius is only <40km. Whether they include Egypt in this, I dunno.

What the **** are you talking about?

Zeus sent the bolt flying "with a flick of his wrist" and it traveled in an "instant". We have the means of propulsion and a time frame that is reasonably at most one second.

Demonic Phoenix

Erm, Zeus' Bolts are the equivalent of Lightning. Have no clue as to why you are separating the two. So it is quantifiable, even if the word used is 'instant'.

Likely not. With the exception of the whole World is flat crap and other differences where noted, it's likely the same as ours since it has Persia, Crete, Greece, Egypt, the Lighthouse of Alexandria and some other stuff I can't remember right now .
I hope you aren't getting 40 km from that concept art, because it's wrong, or rather, just shows off GoW3's area.

I want what you're smokin' brah, no way some fake wrestler is > anything pfft
If he does its 'cos of Kratos reputation to shag attractive people, bishis must beware >-> The distance is roughly 100m give or take. Whatever comic gais use to get a timeframe it'd have to be pretty low to even breach supersonic from this. If Kratos has trouble with Hermes, wouldn't that mean that he faces trouble against opponents with <Supersonic movement speed?
Did I mention mine are hot-rod red?

Even taking a less linear path, having some breaks and even a few naps, its ridiculously slow. Climbers have done 300m/45mins, 1,444m/4hours and 3,000m/24hours. With the extra strength, endurance and being able to stab his blades into the mountain, Kratos shoulda aced it in half an hour.
Guess the logic does outweigh a slight visual issue. A grasping hands palm width is about 6-7cm on a 1.8m person. (500/1.8)*0.06-0.07= 17-20m for a 500m Titan. Also the things body-body is 13m from head to gut , and this part is almost the size of the width making it 20.43m. Both results together is why I used 20m.
Think calc stacking only includes feat+feat, this is measuring to /get/ the speed. Standard everyday calc :3 Though if we were to use the Titan's height then we'd have to also say that the horsethings size was not accurate, making its movements uncalcable for inaccuracy of the scene.

In the end only a sound and appearance suggest sonic. His trails look and sound would oppose this instance with the movement and later acceleration adding to this opposition.
Lol I think that'd be something like mountain weight.. and that'd be scary O.o

I'll give you FTL Zeus if you give me Multiversal Dante peaches
Theres pretty much no way to tell if he became lightning or it was just covering him when he 'ported, because turning into lightning would have nothing to do with teleporting. Which ones that? o: From the top of my head theres when he's using the BoO, when he gets charged from Gaia's heart, think theres a time he draws from above to throw the orbs. I know he does it in the GoW2 fight too.
So one can manipulate weather and lightning, and the other can manipulate weather, lightning, water and waterhorsethings? Someones an underrated brother..

Steve Austin would just stun Dante's ass in a fight. awesome
Yeah, Dante wouldn't survive being shagged by Kratos. Eh, I could easily say it's a lot more than 100 or a lot less. Some of his run is covered by that cliff.
It would, but his other feats mean that it was likely PIS, or Hermes was moving much faster. excellent
Mine are colour-changing.

He climbed it bare-handed, at least, that's how he climbs in GoW. It also took place in a desert with an eternal sandstorm. In addition, there was the fact that the hill was on top of a moving giant.
Or chalk it up to Rule of Cool I guess. Dante took >11 seconds to run at hypersonic speeds down a small tower, and even then he had only reached the middle.
Assuming the Hippocampi's width is 10m, the cylindrical portion of Poseidon's construct is ~30m. Based on this
model of Gaia, her hand width is >35m (6mm/85mm X 500m). I say >35 as I cannot see the entire width of her angledhand, and I'm getting her height by measuring the top of her head to a toe on her forward left foot, when she is turned.
When she was grasping that thing, her hand was vertical, not horizontal, so using grasping width is inaccurate. As far as I can tell, her hand width nearly matched up with its width.

Since it is impossible to calc it, appearance and sound is all we can go by. Tells me he's at least supersonic. And nah, I hear a boom when he's jumping off the ledge.
Poseidon's mass = Mountain? Lulz. Must be insanely strong if he can jump off a ledge with that kind of a body mass. haermm

Fine. Dante is multiversal. He became multiversal after FTL Zeus spread his consciousness across the multiverse. excellent

Except he visibly turns into Lightning, then disappears, much like how his clones turn into Lightning, then disappear. And again, he also has a different kind of teleportation.
Only times he's shown to visibly draw Lightning from the Clouds was in that GoW3 Scene, and when he's creating the BoO. Every other time has him just opening his palm and creating Lightning. Kratos does the same when Zeus grants him Zeus' Fury.
Guess so. stick out tongue

TheGoldenSpy
What the **** are you talking about?

Zeus sent the bolt flying "with a flick of his wrist" and it traveled in an "instant". We have the means of propulsion and a time frame that is reasonably at most one second.

which game did this happen I dont remember?

Nephthys
It happened in the novel iirc.

TheGoldenSpy
lol so his bolts are fatser than real lighting?

Kratos casually speedblitzes Dante then GG

He doesn't even have to attack him, just running at him would make dante explode sorry bloodrain

LOL you're right, Zeus,s magical lighting is actually 20 times better.

Nice going, nobody would have bothered digging that up if you people wouldn't always try that magical lighting BS.

BloodRain

TheGoldenSpy
Yeah, it's FASTER than average lighting.

If Kratos can move his arm fast enough to hit the bolt back, that means he moves it at least as fast as the lighting itself, probably a bit faster. No reason why he couldn't move his legs that fast either. Dante's too slow LOL he get's speedblitzd. Good game.

Wrong thread anyways.

BloodRain
Well technically you said faster than real lightning. Was just correcting that point :I

Isn't that like saying "If Master Chief/Spider-Man can move fast enough to dodge or block bullets, that means he moves it at least as fast as the bullet itself, probably a bit faster. No reason why he couldn't move his legs that fast either." and giving Chief, Spidey and any other bullet dodge supersonic movement speed.

And no, DMC4 Dante has lightning reactions, Alastor gives lightning speed and his stronger DT forms have lightning speed. Minus his stronger time-manip. But yes, wrong thread for this.

chuck inglish
How does DMC 4 Dante have lightning reactions? and when did kratos block a bolt from zues?

BloodRain
Blitz; could move and react at lightning speed. Dante would at least need these reactions to be able to tag Blitz.

He does it during gameplay, and I think another time that others keep bringing up. Can't remember though..

TheGoldenSpy
Dante doesn't. He fought a demon that could turn into lighting but only beat it when it was stationary, he failed to hit it in the cutscene, He didn't even get his sword out in time.

This was when Dante was much stronger, than DMC1, and i've seen nothing from alastor that gives anything near lighting speed. Doesn't matter even if it did, as Kratos would still be several times faster.

And no, Kratos has already resisted time stop before, so that wouldn't help either.

chuck inglish
He does it during gameplay, and I think another time that others keep bringing up. Can't remember though..

Gameplay feats count? Well might as well chalk one up for Nero cause in this video he outspeeds dodges electricity....constantly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXi1k44uJs8 (4:11)

BloodRain
@Chuck: It doesnt usually.. it must be the feat I cant remember that they use. Dammit, now Im stuck watching Brea's other vids lol

@Spy:First part is gameplay, we know it has the reactions to instantly move when its about to be struck. Second part "Yeah, one instance, mid-swing, and not to mention that when Blitz hops away Dante wasnt even looking at it ."

It allows Dante to move at normal speed when everything around him is moving at least 1/12,000th its speed aka lightning speed. And.. did you read anything I said? 1) A reaction feat doesnt equal a speed feat. Kratos' movement speed is at best 30m/s iirc. 2) The bolts aren't Mach 3,000, its unquantifiable.

Resisting a time slow-down of 1/3rd, and a power that comes from the fate statue which is, by its sole use, resisted by his fate amulet. Dante's is not from the fate stature and is stronger than 1/3rd.

chuck inglish
And besides during gameplay Dante is able to lock on to blitz while he's moving at lightning speeds

TheGoldenSpy
@Chuck: It doesnt usually.. it must be the feat I cant remember that they use. Dammit, now Im stuck watching Brea's other vids lol

@Spy:First part is gameplay, we know it has the reactions to instantly move when its about to be struck. Second part "Yeah, one instance, mid-swing, and not to mention that when Blitz hops away Dante wasnt even looking at it ."

It allows Dante to move at normal speed when everything around him is moving at least 1/12,000th its speed aka lightning speed. And.. did you read anything I said? 1) A reaction feat doesnt equal a speed feat. Kratos' movement speed is at best 30m/s iirc. 2) The bolts aren't Mach 3,000, its unquantifiable.

Resisting a time slow-down of 1/3rd, and a power that comes from the fate statue which is, by its sole use, resisted by his fate amulet. Dante's is not from the fate stature and is stronger than 1/3rd.

NO.

1.The Demons stops moving in cutscenes, just like when Dante is able to hit him in gameplay. So it stopping to rest isn't a gameplay only thing like you're suggesting.

2.If Dante was anywhere near that fast he would have pulled his sword out and smacked the demon right in the head with it. After all, the developers love making Dante look cool in those things and this was DMC4 dante at his best. Instead, the thing get's right in his face and leaves before dante could even begin to pull his sword out. That is not a lighting timer, unlike Kratos, who would have poked it in it's eyes with his lighting speed.

3.He just does a bunch of slices around a bunch of slow falling glass, mach 20 at best.

4. Never read the novel, but you're saying zeus tossed it from greece, up towards the sky and hit egypt in an instant, so instead of shooting it straight, he decided to show off and make it go the longer route just because he could and it was that damn fast. So now it's even FASTER.

If he had just summoned it, they would not have written it flying past athena.

5.Who gives it crap if it's from the statues? LOL you're nitpicking again. There's no such thing as "Fate based time" in the GOW verse. That's just a category ur making up. The amulet doesn't mention anything about it only working for "fate based time". That's something you have to prove.

No, you got that time out of the magical light coming from the stone that was causing time to be stopped in the first place, so of course it's gonna be strange. Light isn't that slow normally in the GOWverse, just only on that magical stone that was distorting time. That is unquantifiable, the pillar that was suspended which is much more reliable way to measure says time was slowed down WAY more than 1/3rd.

chuck inglish
@TheGoldenSpy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaGot5OgyA (0:24) Dante is able to keep track of blitz

TheGoldenSpy
ok cool.

BloodRain
:V What happened to 'wrong thread for this'?

1. Yes, and we clearly see it chooses to avoid being attacked rather than stand stationary. The only time Dante can hit it in gameplay is during attacks or when its worn out from getting attacked. The cutscene says it can still dodge when its attacking, and cutscene > gameplay. Dante still has to hit it to make it rest, meaning he has to hit it with its lightning reactions/speed dodging ability. So he has to have the reactions.

2. Note the 'wasn't even looking at it' part. How could he have reacted if he wasn't even looking at it?

3. ..you're going to take a random, baseless guess over a calc? The speed of the glass compared to its real speed says the speed was 1/12,00th normal. Dante was moving at least 5m/s during this. 5*12,000=60,000m/s aka lightning speed at least.

4. No I'm saying he hit the clouds above him making the clouds above Ares release a bolt. More importantly, there is no measurable distance to get a speed from. The GoW geography =/= ours, its vastly smaller. No figure can be taken from this.

5. Lets see, its a statue with powers that can be activated with the amulet Kratos wields. They're connected, the amulet protects him from the effect in the same way it does when he activates it. That's the purpose of the amulet.

Yes, yes I did. And no, the stone was making the /statue/ slow down time just like his amulet does, the stone itself was not doing it. Light in the GoW verse is not on the table here. The lightmagicenergy, whatever, has a different speed before than after. So time was slowed down. Unless you can prove that it was moving slow due to another reason. Though Ive searched, and there is no reason to suggest this.

TheGoldenSpy
:V What happened to 'wrong thread for this'?

1. Yes, and we clearly see it chooses to avoid being attacked rather than stand stationary. The only time Dante can hit it in gameplay is during attacks or when its worn out from getting attacked. The cutscene says it can still dodge when its attacking, and cutscene > gameplay. Dante still has to hit it to make it rest, meaning he has to hit it with its lightning reactions/speed dodging ability. So he has to have the reactions.

2. Note the 'wasn't even looking at it' part. How could he have reacted if he wasn't even looking at it?

3. ..you're going to take a random, baseless guess over a calc? The speed of the glass compared to its real speed says the speed was 1/12,00th normal. Dante was moving at least 5m/s during this. 5*12,000=60,000m/s aka lightning speed at least.

4. No I'm saying he hit the clouds above him making the clouds above Ares release a bolt. More importantly, there is no measurable distance to get a speed from. The GoW geography =/= ours, its vastly smaller. No figure can be taken from this.

5. Lets see, its a statue with powers that can be activated with the amulet Kratos wields. They're connected, the amulet protects him from the effect in the same way it does when he activates it. That's the purpose of the amulet.

Yes, yes I did. And no, the stone was making the /statue/ slow down time just like his amulet does, the stone itself was not doing it. Light in the GoW verse is not on the table here. The lightmagicenergy, whatever, has a different speed before than after. So time was slowed down. Unless you can prove that it was moving slow due to another reason. Though Ive searched, and there is no reason to suggest this.

1.That wasn't the point. The point was that the creature has two modes of speed. One where he moves around at lighting speed and the other where he stands still for a few seconds. Why he stops moving at that speed I can only guess, but that's not my problem to figure out, the point is the two modes of speed match up in both cutscene and gameplay and he is only able to hit it when it stops moving at lighting speed, which I guess may be due to the demon resting or recharging. You are assuming Dante hit's it at that speed, but that never happens in gameplay or cutscenes.

2.He was looking right at it when it charged him. Look at the video again.

3. I know you realize nobody will take Dante as a lighting timer from that, and deep down I know you don't believe it either.

4.Then they simply would have written him summoning it from the clouds. No. It originated from his hand and landed in egypt. Weather he aimed it to the clouds or the ground, it doesn't matter.

No, All that we know from GOW is that the world may be flat, there is no reason to assume the distances are any different from real life just because of that.

5.It simply states it let's him move while all around him slows, not that it ONLY protects him from the statue. If Dante tried to stop time, that amulet would activate just like normal.

The point was that it's not a normal stone that acts the same way as real light, it's a weird object that has nothing comparable in real life, it's a stone of magical properties and it's much better to measure a simple act of physics (The piller falling down, which you keep ignoring) over something that niether you or I fully understand how it works.

BloodRain
1. Except that even when not moving at lightning speed he can still jump to that speed to dodge an attack at will. And if it can do that in a cutscene, the resting during gameplay means little.

2. Annnnd when it jumps away we see Dante was looking at the ground.

3. You not liking calcs isn't counter to the calc itself, you not liking it has no relevance.

4. Like how they could have said he threw it over the horizon? But they didn't, they said it shot past her and into the sky.

Besides the concept art, Kratos goes to the literal end of the world and the distance to the center can be measured. 20-40km. Its nothing like ours.

5. So you're choosing to believe that the amulet being able to protect him from the time power that it itself can effect, their relation, means nothing at all? Its not a random time pause, its the same effect that the amulet can create.

I'm not comparing it to anything in real life, I'm using its speed. We see its speed before, we see its speed after. There's a difference, and that difference is what the time dilation is. The effect comes from the statue, not the rock or the amulet. So the power is constantly the same, and as we know time gets slowed down when he uses it we know that the scene is a slow-mo. We also know the rate at which time is slowed down when he uses it, and its the same, 1/3rd. This means that everything under the effects moves at 1/3rd its speed, the only exception being the pillar. Its the pillar that can't be used.

TheGoldenSpy
1. Except that even when not moving at lightning speed he can still jump to that speed to dodge an attack at will. And if it can do that in a cutscene, the resting during gameplay means little.

2. Annnnd when it jumps away we see Dante was looking at the ground.

3. You not liking calcs isn't counter to the calc itself, you not liking it has no relevance.

4. Like how they could have said he threw it over the horizon? But they didn't, they said it shot past her and into the sky.

Besides the concept art, Kratos goes to the literal end of the world and the distance to the center can be measured. 20-40km. Its nothing like ours.

5. So you're choosing to believe that the amulet being able to protect him from the time power that it itself can effect, their relation, means nothing at all? Its not a random time pause, its the same effect that the amulet can create.

I'm not comparing it to anything in real life, I'm using its speed. We see its speed before, we see its speed after. There's a difference, and that difference is what the time dilation is. The effect comes from the statue, not the rock or the amulet. So the power is constantly the same, and as we know time gets slowed down when he uses it we know that the scene is a slow-mo. We also know the rate at which time is slowed down when he uses it, and its the same, 1/3rd. This means that everything under the effects moves at 1/3rd its speed, the only exception being the pillar. Its the pillar that can't be used.

1.It can, and when it does Dante is unable to react to it, as shown by the games own cutscenes, if you disagree, explain why the player is unable to damage it when it teleports please.

2. You mean he was looking at it when it was going at a slower speed, and as soon as it goes lighting mode, Dante loses sight of it because as I said, both the gameplay and cutscenes are making it clear that Dante can't keep up with it, which is why nobody will ever take point number 3 seriously.

4. He shot a bolt from Greece to Egypts sky so it doesn't matter.

Where did you get that measurement from?

5. The amulet is shown both to activate the statues and protect him from time slows not started by it as well.

No. The water doesnt move, the bells can't be moved at all, the lever that moves the platform can't be moved and the pillar is frozen, the only thing that moves is the light from the time stone.

That's 4 against 1, you lose.

CosmicComet
One note, he didn't toss it UP into the sky. It simply disappeared into the sky.

Notice in the quote, it said Athena stepped aside to get out of the way, and that the bolt soared past her when he threw it--meaning it was traveling sort of horizontally. He was sitting on his throne when he threw it.

TheGoldenSpy
So it just looked like it disappeared towards the horizon from their perspective.

CosmicComet
right

chuck inglish
"It can, and when it does Dante is unable to react to it, as shown by the games own cutscenes, if you disagree, explain why the player is unable to damage it when it teleports please."
===
he damages it by shooting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaGot5OgyA (0:24) he's able to follow it's movements. you're starting to sound like a GOW fanboy mad cause kratos gets stomped by dante

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>