Marvel vs. DC ( Football Game)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
We go with current Football rules. Which team wins ?

Go with these line-ups here.

http://www.mania.com/super-hero-bowl-marvel-vs-dc_article_120351.html

Sirius77
Dang... this is going to be a beastly game. With Thor and supes as qb's, Flash and surfer as wide recievers, and DD, Bizzarro, Kalibak, and Juggy on Defense, this would be a hell of a game regardless.

One question though, are they playing this like a traditional football game? As in no flying, hammers, boards, arm cannons, mother boxes, etc....?

tkitna
Marvel cant really lose though. Hand the ball off to Juggs and he scores everytime.

DC would have to play the clock.

guy222
marvel

george '06
i think deathstroke wouldve been better suited as a coach, but marvel because of juggernaut and nightcrawler

Placidity
Originally posted by tkitna
Marvel cant really lose though. Hand the ball off to Juggs and he scores everytime.

DC would have to play the clock.

Not really:

1. Juggernaut is slow. That means he runs really slowly, and the ball could be stolen from him by many people on the other team, prime person to do it being Flash. The funny thing is he probably wouldn't notice the ball is gone and he'd keep on running, that'll be funny!

2. Juggernaut is slow. That means chances are he won't even be able to receive the ball. The ball needs to be passed REALLY quickly (as in flying ball speed) to him otherwise it will be intercepted. And at such speeds, Juggernaut doesn't even register it until the ball hits him in the face and bounces off.

3. Juggernaut's momentum can be redirected as we've seen. Many people are capable of doing this easily on DC's side. Green Lantern should be able to with minimal effort.

Bentley
Wally solos eek!

the ninjak
Wally would kick ass. But so would Nightcrawler big grin

abhilegend
Wally's faster than teleportation. Heck even superman can sense kurt's sulfuric fume wherever he's gonna appear and snatch the ball.

Sabro
Heh I read football and I thought it's the beautiful game but it turned out to be that American version of rugby (handegg)

Bentley
What? Is this the armored crap thing?

Still, Flash solos eek!

Q99
Wow, Flash aside, that DC team is just so much stronger than the Marvel one.

They're mostly well-rounded heralds (with superspeed!) to Marvel's mostly metas (without superspeed!).

The few big hitters in Marvel are going to have their hands full and then some.

Also on the Juggernaut thing, DC has Gentleman Ghost, which as the article notes can phase through players in order to grab the ball. Martian Manhunter can do that too.

BlackZero30x
marvels defense is pretty "unstoppable" but to slow to hold the flash back. Up sidefor marvel is Prof x could just tell everyone the plays telepathically(bar juggy)so no time delay calls ever lol

Q99
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
marvels defense is pretty "unstoppable" but to slow to hold the flash back. Up sidefor marvel is Prof x could just tell everyone the plays telepathically(bar juggy)so no time delay calls ever lol

The JLA has J'onn set up a mental link regularly too, so no edge there.

quanchi112
Marvel stomps.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Q99
Wow, Flash aside, that DC team is just so much stronger than the Marvel one.

They're mostly well-rounded heralds (with superspeed!) to Marvel's mostly metas (without superspeed!).

The few big hitters in Marvel are going to have their hands full and then some.

Also on the Juggernaut thing, DC has Gentleman Ghost, which as the article notes can phase through players in order to grab the ball. Martian Manhunter can do that too.

thumb up

This pretty much. I can't see anyone touching flash, and even DC's defense has speed. Marvel's has one unstoppable character on defense, but compared to Doomsday and Bizarro, it's going to be VERY hard for someone to run through that if at all-- they have super speed, and well as high durability and strength. DC wins this imo

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Q99
The JLA has J'onn set up a mental link regularly too, so no edge there.

well what i was meaning was that prof x could telepathically tell his team the plays. So they wouldn't have a delay of game called on them. Prof x is the coach.

IMO this is a stomp in DC's favor.

Raptor22
The link sends me to a blank page and freezes my computer. Could someone post the teams. Please and thank-you.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Bentley
What? Is this the armored crap thing? Would u prefer the futbol with queers prancing around.

ares834

As others have noticed team DC can force a fumble. Furthermore, Juggernaut is playing defense. wink

Anyway, DC should win this pretty handily. In fact, it's probably a shut out.

tkitna
Originally posted by ares834
As others have noticed team DC can force a fumble. Furthermore, Juggernaut is playing defense. wink

I understand what people are saying, but i'm trying to imagine a fumble being forced from Juggernaut. Not saying it cant happen, just trying to picture it. Flash isnt doing it though. It would be hysterical watching the flash hang from Juggs arm.

DarkSaint85
I understand what people are saying, but i'm trying to imagine a fumble being forced from Juggernaut. Not saying it cant happen, just trying to picture it. Flash isnt doing it though. It would be hysterical watching the flash hang from Juggs arm.

Runs up to Juggernaut, vibrate the ball through his arms, runs off with it...

DarkSaint85
So we would have:
Thor
Wolverine
Cannonball
Iron Man

Against:
Doomsday
Kalibak
Bizarro
Bane
Lobo
Grundy
Giganta

And at the opposite ends of the field:
Superman
GL
MM
Captain Marvel

Against:
Juggy
Blob
Titania
Shaw
Omega Red
Drax
RHINO!!!!

Seriously, the DC have strength and speed on their side....plus, better fliers. And that's not even getting into the exotics like Gentleman Ghost or Flash....

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Runs up to Juggernaut, vibrate the ball through his arms, runs off with it...

Don't think flash would be vibrating through Jugg's shields (if this is normal powered juggs not that depowered crap)

Anyway DC should win alot more herald level guys with a decent amount being in the high end division. Marvel has a handful of heralds with 2 maybe 3 being high end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.