Cherubs, Seraphs & Snakes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
I find it interesting that the Judeo/Christian religion is so fluid that it constantly seems to change and adapt to whatever particular region it is brought to. I think b/c of this reason the religion continues to grow in certain parts of the world.

If the Religion were to remain static like many others it would have died away and be viewed more as a myth like so many others.

An example of what I am talking about are the Greek gods, titans and monsters. Many roll their eyes if one were to mention them as more than myth due to the absurdity of its claims.

but, they are very similar to the Judeo beliefs when it comes to fantastical monsters and gods. The only difference is that followers simply change the names and even appearance of those monsters and gods mention in the bible to angels and cherubs.

I wonder how many ppl would remain followers if they realized what the writers and god was mentioning when he referred to his creations?

Cherub:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-izK_0slv8tU/TbxghqxvYjI/AAAAAAAABhI/x6_CZ_mPBps/s1600/Shedu+UC.jpg

Seraph:
http://bhaktianandascollectedworks.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/tutl38.jpg

Snake:
http://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2011/03/bipedal-snake-in-garden-of-eden-what.html

The bible has many monstrous creatures which claims to be religious truth within its pages yet many ppl over look due to constant re imagining of creatures and romanticizing them giving them human forms, robes and influence of other religions and cultures.

Many forget that the snake in the Garden of Eden once had limbs which were removed by god when he cursed it to eat ash and crawl on its belly. Apparently some ancient text makes reference of the snake having hands and feet but were later removed from later text.

I just wanted to share and see if I could start a dialogue.

Shakyamunison
It doesn't make sense to you because Satan has twisted your brain. If you were a Christian, then the holy spirit would guide you to the truth.

They have every angle covered. wink

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It doesn't make sense to you because Satan has twisted your brain. If you were a Christian, then the holy spirit would guide you to the truth.

They have every angle covered. wink actually the bible makes perfect sense to me within context of mythology and culture.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nietzschean
actually the bible makes perfect sense to me within context of mythology and culture.

My statement had nothing to do with your understanding of the bible.

All religions have mythology and culture.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
My statement had nothing to do with your understanding of the bible.

All religions have mythology and culture. so u think Satan corrupted the bible, the judeo god's word? O_o"

As far as I am aware of the actual text and religion, Satan is very limited in his power to effect others. He requires god's permission and further more Satan as was originally depicted in the bible is simply the voice of doubt within us all from God to Yeshua. At least that is how modern religious secular scholars have come to understand the text and religion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nietzschean
so u think Satan corrupted the bible, the judeo god's word? O_o"

As far as I am aware of the actual text and religion, Satan is very limited in his power to effect others. He requires God permission and further more Satan as was originally depicted in the bible is simply the voice of doubt within us all from God to Yeshua. At least that is how modern religious secular scholars have come to understand the text and religion.

No, I'm telling you what a Christian would say to your first post.

"Satan has corrupted your mind. That is why you cannot see the truth in front of your eyes."

If you were talking to a Christian, that is what you should expect. If you were talking to the rest of us, well, of course the god of the bible is just like the Greek gods; man made.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.