Balder vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Both at their peak who takes this and why?

1.Balder vs wolverine with no adimantium

JakeTheBank
Been done before: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=531557&highlight=Balder+vs+Wolverine+forumid%3A77 wink

Also, Balder.

leonidas
meh, never found balder all that impressive tbh, but i could be forgetting some showings. doubt he'd be the best swordsman logan has seen (least by feats), he has no great healing..... not sure what balder brings that logan hasn't seen and beaten before.

no adamantium he loses though.

Bouboumaster
With adamantium = Wolverine win
Without = Wolverine loose

Rage.Of.Olympus
Balder. No contest if he uses magic etc.

Nietzschean
I dont really understand under what feats ppl are giving it to Balder..
the feats I've seen from Balder have bn done by others and have lost to Logan.

JakeTheBank
Balder's physical attributes are above Logan, he has the skill needed to hit Logan and avoid being hit himself, and at his best, can project blazing hot light from his body. Yes, Wolverine can heal, but Balder can beat him up enough to constitute a forum win.

He'd beat adamantium Wolverine and he'd definitely beat Wolverine w/o it.

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Balder's physical attributes are above Logan, he has the skill needed to hit Logan and avoid being hit himself, and at his best, can project blazing hot light from his body. Yes, Wolverine can heal, but Balder can beat him up enough to constitute a forum win.

He'd beat adamantium Wolverine and he'd definitely beat Wolverine w/o it.

yeah, i think i'll have to reconsider. for whatever reason i just assumed this thread was h2h, or rather balder w/o energy. with it, he should win more often than not at least. if he goes just with the sword though, i still think logan takes him out.

cdtm
Balders at least class 50 in strength.. He can take Volstagg, imo, and Volstagg held his own with the Thor clone.

JakeTheBank
Being a Class 50 in of itself isn't enough to beat down Wolverine, but coupled with everything else Balder brings to the table, it's enough to beat him here.

quanchi112
Balder wins without adamantium.

Horrificus
I thought Balder can't be hurt by anything except Mistletoe.
Isn't that how Loki HAD to kill him?

Magnon
Balder wins.

Balder at his best cannot be harmed by anything except mistletoe (excluding maybe high-end magical or cosmic powers etc). The attacks against him simply miss. It would be impossible for Wolverine to land even a single hit against Balder.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Magnon
Balder wins.

Balder at his best cannot be harmed by anything except mistletoe (excluding maybe high-end magical or cosmic powers etc). The attacks against him simply miss. It would be impossible for Wolverine to land even a single hit against Balder.
Right.

So, the only way Logan can win, is if he had bones laced with mistletoe.
big grin

srankmissingnin
Balder no longer has the mistletoe toe protection and his durability won't turn wolverine's claws, Adamantium or otherwise. Balder lacks the speed or skill to engage Wolverine in martial combat and hold his own, and his energy blasts aren't any where near powerful enough to give Logan pause... Unless Wolverine was retconed into a frost troll recently without my knowledge.

Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine, and anyone who can ignore that fact and still give him the win merely because he happens to be Asgardian has no credibility.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Balder no longer has the mistletoe toe protection

OP said at their peak. Just saying....

Newjak
Balder no longer has the mistletoe toe protection and his durability won't turn wolverine's claws, Adamantium or otherwise. Balder lacks the speed or skill to engage Wolverine in martial combat and hold his own, and his energy blasts aren't any where near powerful enough to give Logan pause... Unless Wolverine was retconed into a frost troll recently without my knowledge.

Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine, and anyone who can ignore that fact and still give him the win merely because he happens to be Asgardian has no credibility. Balder had the reaction to see a bullet fired, and then used his sword to redirect the bullet back at the person who shot it at him.

That's not NO feats imo confused

DarkSaint85
Plus, there's the whole immune to harm except for mistletoe thing he's got going on...

OneDumbG0

Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine, and anyone who can ignore that fact and still give him the win merely because he happens to be Asgardian has no credibility. Balder has more strength, more speed, more stamina, more durability and plenty of skill.

This is a guy with at least 10x the strength of Wolverine, has bullet-timed with ease, even when fat fought non-stop for hours through thousands of fire demons, has run around training without sleeping or resting for an entire month, survived getting blitzed by Sentry, fought evenly with Ares, and has stalemated magically induced perfect swordsmanship. This is all on-panel.

Seriously, Balder stomps on boneclaw Wolverine something fierce. And it's arguable that he wouldn't have any qualms about simply decapitating him.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Balder has more strength, more speed, more stamina, more durability and plenty of skill.

This is a guy with at least 10x the strength of Wolverine, has bullet-timed with ease, even when fat fought non-stop for hours through thousands of fire demons, has run around training without sleeping or resting for an entire month, survived getting blitzed by Sentry, fought evenly with Ares, and has stalemated magically induced perfect swordsmanship. This is all on-panel.

Seriously, Balder stomps on boneclaw Wolverine something fierce. And it's arguable that he wouldn't have any qualms about simply decapitating him.

thumb up

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
OP said at their peak. Just saying....

All characters are current versions operating at the best of their abilities by default. Unless specified the character is the most recent incarnation, the OP specifying "peak" only reiterates the "best of their abilities"part of the forums rules, it doesn't arbitrarily roll back characters back to their strongest... or Wolverine would be Dark Pheonix or CoUV amped.

Originally posted by Newjak
Balder had the reaction to see a bullet fired, and then used his sword to redirect the bullet back at the person who shot it at him.

That's not NO feats imo confused

I didn't say he had no feats, I said he had no feats to suggest he could hang with Wolverine. A single bullet time feat doesn't even remotely start to swing that pendulum in the other direction.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p388/proteus_lives/th_Scan11640.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Daredevilv2-047-10.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Daredevilv2-047-11.jpg

Balder is almost fast as Typhoid Mary. Awesome... I remember how well she did against Wolverine. eek!

Balder has more strength, more speed, more stamina, more durability and plenty of skill.

I changed my mind! With such and impressive resume how can he lose!!!! Sentry flew into him and he locked swords with the Mighty Ares for one panel!!! ZOMG HE IS F@CKING SUPER SAIYAN SUPERMAN SSJ4 PRIME ONE MILLION!!!!

/sarcasm

Serious, which one of these examples is supposed to paint the picture that Balder has a shot in hell of beating any incarnation of Wolverine?

Newjak
All characters are current versions operating at the best of their abilities by default. Unless specified the character is the most recent incarnation, the OP specifying "peak" only reiterates the "best of their abilities"part of the forums rules, it doesn't arbitrarily roll back characters back to their strongest... or Wolverine would be Dark Pheonix or CoUV amped.

I didn't say he had no feats, I said he had no feats to suggest he could hang with Wolverine. A single bullet time feat doesn't even remotely start to swing that pendulum in the other direction.

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p388/proteus_lives/th_Scan11640.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Daredevilv2-047-10.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_Daredevilv2-047-11.jpg

Balder is almost fast as Typhoid Mary. Awesome... I remember how well she did against Wolverine. eek!

I changed my mind! With such and impressive resume how can he lose!!!! Sentry flew into him and he locked swords with the Mighty Ares for one panel!!! ZOMG HE IS F@CKING SUPER SAIYAN SUPERMAN SSJ4 PRIME ONE MILLION!!!!

/sarcasm

Serious, which one of these examples is supposed to paint the picture that Balder has a shot in hell of beating any incarnation of Wolverine? Haha and does typhoid mary have the ability to produce blinding burning light?

Does she also have Asgardian strength?

And a sword that will be able to keep up with Wolverine's claws?

And where do you get almost as fast if they did the exact same feat???

Also I don't know how well she did against Wolverine.

But the point is that Balder isn't slow, or lumbering. He is very quick and fast. If you think he can't hit wolverine you sir are underestimating Balder.

OneDumbG0

/sarcasm

Serious, which one of these examples is supposed to paint the picture that Balder has a shot in hell of beating any incarnation of Wolverine? Because Balder is superior to Wolverine is just about every category of physicality you mentioned. And Balder is also insanely skilled. Deflecting onto Typhoid Mary's superior speed feats over Wolverine's doesn't change that both she and Balder have superior speed feats over Wolverine. Balder isn't going to be speeding around Wolverine like Quicksilver but it's beyond doubt that he won't be overwhelmed (or even particularly tasked) by Wolverine's agility.

Your intransigience isn't being helped by your buffoonish satire either. Originally posted by Newjak
Haha and does typhoid mary have the ability to produce blinding burning light? She is a pyrokinetic actually. She probably could.

Newjak
She is a pyrokinetic actually. She probably could. Didn't know that stick out tongue

But still I bet Balder's would pack more power.

OneDumbG0
^ If you didn't know that, you probably didn't know she's also a telekinetic. I remember speculation being cast on her bullet-timing feat because of that actually.

She's a mutant and she was among those not depowered by Wanda.

Newjak
^ If you didn't know that, you probably didn't know she's also a telekinetic. I remember speculation being cast on her bullet-timing feat because of that actually.

She's a mutant and she was among those not depowered by Wanda. Nope I would say Typhoid Mary is not on my list of extremely known characters.

All I saw of her was briefly during Dark Reign as that numbered unknown mutant and that one scan with the sword-bullet feat.

Nietzschean
Wolverine still has the superior skills and agility feats. in Melee battle i dont see Balder winning. he could blind wolverine, possible but Logan has battled blind b4 and has impressive blind fighting feats.

Balder's strength only does so much especially when he is using slashing and stabbing attacks, it seems almost irrelevant.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Newjak
Haha and does typhoid mary have the ability to produce blinding burning light?

Does she also have Asgardian strength?

And a sword that will be able to keep up with Wolverine's claws?

And where do you get almost as fast if they did the exact same feat???

Also I don't know how well she did against Wolverine.

But the point is that Balder isn't slow, or lumbering. He is very quick and fast. If you think he can't hit wolverine you sir are underestimating Balder.

She is a decently powerful pyrokenetic and her flames have better and more numerous feats than Balder's light show...

Mary accomplished her fight inside melee range while dodging bullets and redirect the bullet into the shooter's mouth. Balder simple altered the trajectory. Mary's is a much better feat.

Balder get's turn up by Wolverine like he is a random Asgardian fighting the Dark Avenger's in Siege. His speed, skill and durability aren't up to par and class 50 strength doesn't go far enough to balance the scales. He is HOPELESSLY outclassed.

Because Balder is superior to Wolverine is just about every category of physicality you mentioned. And Balder is also insanely skilled. Deflecting onto Typhoid Mary's superior speed feats over Wolverine's doesn't change that both she and Balder have superior speed feats over Wolverine. Balder isn't going to be speeding around Wolverine like Quicksilver but it's beyond doubt that he won't be overwhelmed (or even particularly tasked) by Wolverine's agility.

Your intransigience isn't being helped by your buffoonish satire either. She is a pyrokinetic actually. She probably could.

What is this rebuttal supposed to be addressing? Balder is superior in every category of physicality I mentioned? Well... for starters... I didn't mention any. Who and what are you even responding to? Secondly: Balder is superior to Wolverine in one category. Strength. That's it. In a fight Wolverine folds up Balder like a lawn chair before soccer practice.

Wolverine has noticeably better speed feats than Typhoid Mary... and unlike Balder, Mary actually has more than one speed feat of her own.

OneDumbG0
^ You mentioned speed, skill and durability. Look at my initial post and my quoting of your initial post. And pretending that Balder doesn't out-stat Wolverine and doesn't arguably rival him in skill is plain ignorance. Originally posted by Nietzschean
Wolverine still has the superior skills and agility feats. in Melee battle i dont see Balder winning. he could blind wolverine, possible but Logan has battled blind b4 and has impressive blind fighting feats.

Balder's strength only does so much especially when he is using slashing and stabbing attacks, it seems almost irrelevant. Wolverine is arguably more skilled. I haven't seen him stalemate magically induced perfect swordsmanship. He doesn't have greater agility feats.

Wasn't irrelevant when Ares planted his fist into Wolverine's face, among others.

srankmissingnin
^ You mentioned speed, skill and durability. Look at my initial post and my quoting of your initial post. And pretending that Balder doesn't out-stat Wolverine and doesn't arguably rival him in skill is plain ignorance.

Quote the post you are responding to next time, because your reply had nothing to do with what you quoted.

Balder out stats Wolverine in strength. That's it. There isn't two sides to this discussion. Wolverine has better speed and skill feats than Balder in quality and quantity... and not just by a small amount.... by like a lot.

OneDumbG0
^ ... I am not tortuously retracing our conversation that is, like, 3 posts each. For phucks' sake, look at my initial post and your post that I am quoting.

I am not wasting my time dealing with your plain ignorance of Balder's on-panel feats. They're clearly there and you won't accept them much less competently compare them. There's no constructive debate to be had here. I'm not going to waste my time deconstructing your hypocritical attitude towards anything that threatens Wolverine.

CosmicComet
Don't see how Balder has superior speed feats to Wolverine...

srankmissingnin
^ ... I am not tortuously retracing our conversation that is, like, 3 posts each. For phucks' sake, look at my initial post and your post that I am quoting.

I am not wasting my time dealing with your plain ignorance of Balder's on-panel feats. They're clearly there and you won't accept them much less competently compare them. There's no constructive debate to be had here. I'm not going to waste my time deconstructing your hypocritical attitude towards anything that threatens Wolverine.

Dude you had to manually edit out the part of the quote you were responding to, it would take you less effort to not do that and then I would know for certain what you are addressing... or is not manually removing text from a post to arduous a task?

I know what Balder has done, which is why I am confident when I say that his feats don't measure up to Wolverine's. There is no hypocrisy or equivocation, Balder not possessing skill or speed feats on par with Wolverine is an objective fact. Simple. Do you want to have a scan by scan feat war? I've already posted the only Balder speed feat that exists so it wont be that difficult for you.

OneDumbG0
^ ... what the heck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. Stop acting like I have to spoonfeed you something you can look at yourself. This isn't a 20+ page discussion with 310+ posts between us. Stick your foot in your own mouth on your own time. Don't drag me along with you.

There's ignorance on your part. Plain ignorance. Sorry you have trouble accepting that Balder's bullet-timing feat is greater than any Wolverine's performed. Wolverine having a whole bunch of inferior ones doesn't change that. And you know better.

I also know better that I won't ever get you to admit that. Plain simple logical conclusion that it is. Originally posted by CosmicComet
Don't see how Balder has superior speed feats to Wolverine... Hood fired a bullet at Balder. Balder saw it coming after it was fired, positioned his sword to intercept it and, rather than just deflect it, he spun his body completely around and sent it right back at Hood without it ever stopping in one single motion with the flat of his blade. Again, all after the bullet was fired. So no aim-blocking/dodging was involved.

Wolverine's never done that.

srankmissingnin
^ ... what the heck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. Stop acting like I have to spoonfeed you something you can look at yourself. This isn't a 20+ page discussion with 310+ posts between us. Stick your foot in your own mouth on your own time. Don't drag me along with you.

There's ignorance on your part. Plain ignorance. Sorry you have trouble accepting that Balder's bullet-timing feat is greater than any Wolverine's performed. Wolverine having a whole bunch of inferior ones doesn't change that. And you know better.

I also know better that I won't ever get you to admit that. Plain simple logical conclusion that it is. Hood fired a bullet at Balder. Balder saw it coming after it was fired, positioned his sword to intercept it and, rather than just deflect it, he spun his body completely around and sent it right back at Hood without it ever stopping in one single motion with the flat of his blade. Again, all after the bullet was fired. So no aim-blocking/dodging was involved.

Wolverine's never done that.

I'm looking right at it dude. You edited out the part of the quote you were addressing because it was in response to another poster. If you are going to reply to that section anyway... then don't remove it from the quote. It's not difficult.

Wolverine has dodged the Living Lightening, point blank artillery fire, dodged / blocked countless lasers and energy based projectiles, and moved to intercept a shooter after the trigger was pulled and still blocked the barrel of the gun before the bullet could leave. And that is just the easily quantifiable stuff. Wolverine has SIGNIFICANTLY better speed feats.

OneDumbG0
^ What the phuck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST ON THE FIRST PAGE. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. You never mentioned physicality? Phucking christ.

All which can easily be explained by aim-blocking and aim-dodging. Which can not be applied to Balder's bullet-timing speed feat in any way. And the last one you mentioned is horse-sh1t. We've discussed that one before. This conversation is over.

Nietzschean
^ You mentioned speed, skill and durability. Look at my initial post and my quoting of your initial post. And pretending that Balder doesn't out-stat Wolverine and doesn't arguably rival him in skill is plain ignorance. Wolverine is arguably more skilled. I haven't seen him stalemate magically induced perfect swordsmanship. He doesn't have greater agility feats.

Wasn't irrelevant when Ares planted his fist into Wolverine's face, among others.

What agility feats does Balder have in his limited appearance?

Ares is far above Balder in Strength, the results would not necessarily be the same especially if u add up all the moments when Logan has shrugged off blows from guys in Balder strength level and even those far above him.

one punch is not going to be enough to knock out Logan without some heavy PIS.

what swordmanship feats does Balder have, u are making statements but, it doesnt seem o be backed by anything. simply asserting it doesnt make it so.

srankmissingnin
^ What the phuck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST ON THE FIRST PAGE. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. You never mentioned physicality? Phucking christ.

All which can easily be explained by aim-blocking and aim-dodging. Which can not be applied to Balder's bullet-timing speed feat in any way. And the last one you mentioned is horse-sh1t. We've discussed that one before. This conversation is over.

What the phuck are you talking about? You quoted me. The quote was a question I was asking you. Your response had nothing to do with the post you quoted. If you just wanted to address my initial response a second time... then you should have quoted that post again. Thanks for confirming my suspicions that you don't actually read posts and just reword your initial response over and over again, ignoring any points that have been brought up.

Some of the laser feats may be aim dodging but not all of them. The tank shell feat wasn't aim dodging, and the last isn't "horse shit." You can attempt to disregard it you like, but it's a valid feat. Like I said that is just the easily quantifiable stuff, there is a whole list of feats like Wolverine cutting a large section of a wall than maneuvering himself to catch Nightcrawler before he can fall into a pit of fire. Dozens and dozens of speed feats significantly more impressive that redirecting a 9mm hand gun bullet.

You say this conversation is over but it never even started. You've just decided - once again - to dismiss all Wolverine's feats off hand unless they conform with your narrow and bias view of the character that requires he lose to anyone above Turk. Maybe stop being a troll and make an attempt at an objective assessment for once? And if you aren't capable of separating your personal bias of a character then maybe don't post in those threads? Just a thought.

the Darkone
Balder in Asgard is consider wicked fast, out of Asgard fast enough too give Wolverine hell, Balder is a God for crying out loud!

Nietzschean
Originally posted by the Darkone
Balder in Asgard is consider wicked fast, out of Asgard fast enough too give Wolverine hell, Balder is a God for crying out loud! the God title argument doesnt fly here. roll eyes (sarcastic)

especially when the guy being argued against has killed gods..

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by the Darkone
Balder in Asgard is consider wicked fast, out of Asgard fast enough too give Wolverine hell, Balder is a God for crying out loud!

Which would mean something if the term "god" wasn't merely an arbitrarily designation with no merit. Even Sabretooth is the "god" of a group of indigenous South American hunters. If Balder is faster than Wolverine he needs to prove it, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because thousands of years ago some primitive humans worshiped him.

Existere
Balder's feat instantly looks more impressive than anything I can remember Wolverine pulling off, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Nietzschean
Which would mean something if the term "god" wasn't merely an arbitrarily designation with no merit. Even Sabretooth is the "god" of a group of indigenous South American hunters. If Balder is faster than Wolverine he needs to prove it, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt because thousands of years ago some primitive humans worshiped him. iirc their have bn narration by the gods themselves that mutants are the new gods risen from humanity.. em i right?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Nietzschean
iirc their have bn narration by the gods themselves that mutants are the new gods risen from humanity.. em i right?

There have been several stories where mutants / superheroes are cited by the "gods" as being the new mythology that has replaced them, and things of that sort. The fact that even so call gods refer to their history has mythology and not theology is telling in and of itself.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Existere
Balder's feat instantly looks more impressive than anything I can remember Wolverine pulling off, but maybe I'm remembering wrong?

It's flashier, that's about. In terms of quantifiable speed required to accomplish the feat in question, Wolverine has topped it numerous times.

OneDumbG0
What the phuck are you talking about? You quoted me. The quote was a question I was asking you. Your response had nothing to do with the post you quoted. If you just wanted to address my initial response a second time... then you should have quoted that post again. Thanks for confirming my suspicions that you don't actually read posts and just reword your initial response over and over again, ignoring any points that have been brought up. Enough with the trolling. My very first post in response to a statement you made about Balder's physicality was focused on... wait for it: Balder's physicality. Look at my very first post in this thread. It's on page 1.

You spouted this drivel, " durability won't turn wolverine's claws, Adamantium or otherwise. Balder lacks the speed or skill to engage Wolverine in martial combat and hold his own . . . Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine."

I rebutted that statement of yours by listing Balder's superior stats, "Balder has more strength, more speed, more stamina, more durability and plenty of skill." and listed examples of feats supporting that.

You then asked me, "which one of these examples is supposed to paint the picture that Balder has a shot in hell of beating any incarnation of Wolverine?"

I replied, "Because Balder is superior to Wolverine is just about every category of physicality you mentioned. And Balder is also insanely skilled."

You then replied, "What is this rebuttal supposed to be addressing? Balder is superior in every category of physicality I mentioned? Well... for starters... I didn't mention any."

Yes, you did mention Balder's physicality. It's the very topic I opened up our discussion on. And for the entire last page you're acting like you never mentioned Balder's physicality (to the point where you're accusing me of surreptitious editing)? You cannot possibly be so god damn stupid. I don't think you're this god damn stupid. I really don't. My only conclusion is: you're trolling. You're trolling the hell out of me.

Don't do it anymore, otherwise you're reported.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Existere
Balder's feat instantly looks more impressive than anything I can remember Wolverine pulling off, but maybe I'm remembering wrong? No, you're not remembering wrong. Balder's feat is quantifiable. There is no possibility that aim-blocking or aim-dodging can be inserted to explain it.

Wolverine's best bullet-timing feats don't match it. And Wolverine's plethora of other speed/agility feats that are being regurgitated are more than assailable on aim-blocking or aim-dodging terms (making them inferior).

This is all that matters.

srankmissingnin
Enough with the trolling. My very first post in response to a statement you made about Balder's physicality was focused on... wait for it: Balder's physicality. Look at my very first post in this thread. It's on page 1.

You spouted this drivel, " durability won't turn wolverine's claws, Adamantium or otherwise. Balder lacks the speed or skill to engage Wolverine in martial combat and hold his own . . . Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine."

I rebutted that statement of yours by listing Balder's superior stats, "Balder has more strength, more speed, more stamina, more durability and plenty of skill." and listed examples of feats supporting that.

You then asked me, "which one of these examples is supposed to paint the picture that Balder has a shot in hell of beating any incarnation of Wolverine?"

I replied, "Because Balder is superior to Wolverine is just about every category of physicality you mentioned. And Balder is also insanely skilled."

You then replied, "What is this rebuttal supposed to be addressing? Balder is superior in every category of physicality I mentioned? Well... for starters... I didn't mention any."

Yes, you did mention Balder's physicality. It's the very topic I opened up our discussion on. And for the entire last page you're acting like you never mentioned Balder's physicality (to the point where you're accusing me of surreptitious editing)? You cannot possibly be so god damn stupid. I don't think you're this god damn stupid. I really don't. My only conclusion is: you're trolling. You're trolling the hell out of me.

Don't do it anymore, otherwise you're reported.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

What ever dude. If you are going to bother quoting someone, then quote the part you are planning on addressing. It's neither difficult nor time consuming.

No, you're not remembering wrong. Balder's feat is quantifiable. There is no possibility that aim-blocking or aim-dodging can be inserted to explain it.

Wolverine's best bullet-timing feats don't match it. And Wolverine's plethora of other speed/agility feats that are being regurgitated are more than assailable on aim-blocking or aim-dodging terms (making them inferior).

This is all that matters.

Please Wolverine's best speed feats shit all over that. A hand gun bullet only has a muzzle velocity of between 500 and 1000 mph... it isn't like it was fired from a riffle.

YFZ 350
Logan should win.

OneDumbG0
roll eyes (sarcastic)

What ever dude. If you are going to bother quoting someone, then quote the part you are planning on addressing. It's neither difficult nor time consuming. Reported. We were discussing Balder's physical stats the entire time from the very beginning. For you to turn around in your response to just my second post on that issue and pretend we weren't talking about it wasn't accidental. You're not absent-minded enough. I can only guess you wanted to deflect from where the conversation was heading and derail it with "I-never-said-that-yes-u-did-no-I-didn't-yes-u-did" nonsense.

I didn't bite. I immediately told you I wasn't going to indulge your request to retrace a conversation that hadn't even spanned 5 posts. For you to go on and spend nearly the entire last page pretending like we were talking about something else, demanding that I show you where you did talk about it, then accusing me of sly editing because I wasn't indulging your baited attempts is trolling. From you? From someone who I don't think is a complete moron with goldfish-like memory? It's trolling. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Please Wolverine's best speed feats shit all over that. A hand gun bullet only has a muzzle velocity of between 500 and 1000 mph... it isn't like it was fired from a riffle. Just an Asgardian Norn-stone empowered handgun. Wolverine has never calmly spun a bullet along his claw in one deft motion to send it right back at his opponent AFTER it's been fired.

srankmissingnin
Reported. We were discussing Balder's physical stats the entire time from the very beginning. For you to turn around in your response to just my second post on that issue and pretend we weren't talking about it wasn't accidental. You're not absent-minded enough. I can only guess you wanted to deflect from where the conversation was heading and derail it with "I-never-said-that-yes-u-did-no-I-didn't-yes-u-did" nonsense.

I didn't bite. I immediately told you I wasn't going to indulge your request to retrace a conversation that hadn't even spanned 5 posts. For you to go on and spend nearly the entire last page pretending like we were talking about something else, demanding that I show you where you did talk about it, then accusing me of sly editing because I wasn't indulging your baited attempts is trolling. From you? From someone who I don't think is a complete moron with goldfish-like memory? It's trolling.

You are accusing me of "going on and on," while you write long winded circumlocutory posts, bitching and moaning while you get more and more aggressive? My last post amounted to "Okay whatever," and if it were anyone else but you that would have been the end of it... but you have some pathological need to get the last word in. Let it go man. You quoted me and didn't respond to anything in the quote, I told you its good practice to include the section you are responding to in the quote... and then you lost your shit. I've moved on, stop acting like a child please. Let it go.

Just an Asgardian Norn-stone empowered handgun. Wolverine has never calmly spun a bullet along his claw in one deft motion to send it right back at his opponent AFTER it's been fired.

That must have made the bullets faster!!!! Probably FTL!!!!! eek!

Ignoring the fact that Wolverine's claws are much shorter and thinner than the flat of a sword, and the physics shatter logistics of the feat... why would Wolverine even want or attempt to do that in the first place?

Newjak
What exactly is Wolverine's best speed feet?

OneDumbG0
You are accusing me of "going on and on," while you write long winded circumlocutory posts, bitching and moaning while you get more and more aggressive? Yeah, when it comes to your trolling, long winded and circumlocutory these aren't: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ You mentioned speed, skill and durability. Look at my initial post and my quoting of your initial post. Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ ... I am not tortuously retracing our conversation that is, like, 3 posts each. For phucks' sake, look at my initial post and your post that I am quoting. Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ ... what the heck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. Stop acting like I have to spoonfeed you something you can look at yourself. This isn't a 20+ page discussion with 310+ posts between us. Stick your foot in your own mouth on your own time. Don't drag me along with you. Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ What the phuck are you talking about? LOOK AT MY FIRST POST ON THE FIRST PAGE. LOOK AT WHAT I QUOTED. You never mentioned physicality? Phucking christ. How many times do I have to tell you to read the same god damn post? How many times before I realize that you're just faking being a complete moron about it? Nobody is that stupid. First time you don't remember it? Maybe you were confused. Second time after I tell you to reread it? Alright, now you're just taking the piss. Third time after I tell you to reread it? Now you're being a troll. Fourth time after I tell you to reread the same post? Full-blown troll-mode. Then you backhandedly acting like you aren't doing it? Phuck it. I told you I was reporting you and I did. Simple as that.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
My last post amounted to "Okay whatever," and if it were anyone else but you that would have been the end of it... but you have some pathological need to get the last word in. Irony. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Let it go man. You quoted me and didn't respond to anything in the quote, I told you its good practice to include the section you are responding to in the quote... and then you lost your shit. I've moved on, stop acting like a child please. Let it go.I call it how I see it. You can't possibly be so stupid that you don't remember your first post in this thread that I quoted. Reporting you for continued trolling after I tell you to read that friggin post five times isn't me losing my sh1t. It's me being tired of your trollish antics. Because again, you can't possibly be so stupid as to forget what you were talking about just two of your own posts prior and not be able to phucking see it after I tell you half a dozen times to read it.

Seriously, take your foot out of your mouth.

Horrificus

Balder has NO feats that support the notion that he has a shot in hell against Wolverine, and anyone who can ignore that fact and still give him the win merely because he happens to be Asgardian has no credibility. Well, my good fellow, you DO seem to resemble the fabled Benjamin Grimm. nerd Perhaps I should reconsider my perspective, based upon the data you have recently presented.

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.