Threat Assessment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Who would be the biggest threat to the...
1. Marvel Universe, Dr. Doom with a Green Lantern Power Ring, a blood lusted Thor with a Red Lantern Power Ring, or Thanos with a Sinestro Corps Yellow Power Ring?

2. DC Universe, Darksied with the Ultimate Nullifier, Sinestro with the Soul Gem, or Superboy Prime with the Reality Gem?

JakeTheBank
Breaking this down:

Marvel Universe
Dr. Doom: He's been given a weapon which operates on willpower and imagination. no expression

Thor: It'd basically be Blood and Thunder all over again, but less effective.

Thanos: I suppose the universe at large does fear him because of his whole nihilistic tendencies and mass genocide and whatnot.

DC Universe
Darkseid: Probably the least worrisome, actually. Darkseid would likely not even bother using the UN as he'd much rather control the universe than see it destroyed. At best, it might be his Hail Mary play.

Sinestro: I really don't see him using the Gem in such a way that would make him vastly more formidable than he was when he lead the Sinestro Corps during SCW.

Superboy Prime: Easily the most dangerous of the three, Prime is as likely to cause harm to himself as well as to others with the Reality Gem.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Breaking this down:

Marvel Universe
Dr. Doom: He's been given a weapon which operates on willpower and imagination. no expression

Thor: It'd basically be Blood and Thunder all over again, but less effective.

Thanos: I suppose the universe at large does fear him because of his whole nihilistic tendencies and mass genocide and whatnot.

DC Universe
Darkseid: Probably the least worrisome, actually. Darkseid would likely not even bother using the UN as he'd much rather control the universe than see it destroyed. At best, it might be his Hail Mary play.

Sinestro: I really don't see him using the Gem in such a way that would make him vastly more formidable than he was when he lead the Sinestro Corps during SCW.

Superboy Prime: Easily the most dangerous of the three, Prime is as likely to cause harm to himself as well as to others with the Reality Gem.

Agreed, generally.

Darkseid would use the UN in the same way that he already used the OE, as they're actually very similar in designed effect (though not on the same level in terms of power).

SBP would try to recreate his own universe, and would F the shit out of everything. It'd be a crisis event.

Galan007
Darkseid: Probably the least worrisome, actually. Darkseid would likely not even bother using the UN as he'd much rather control the universe than see it destroyed. At best, it might be his Hail Mary play. I'm assuming the wielder of each item gains full knowledge of said item. If that is the case, Darkseid would know that the UN can not only destroy its target, but recreate and change it as well (that's what Reed did, after all.) That said, I could see him destroying the universe and recreating it in his own image (much like the Rock of Ages storyline.)

JakeTheBank
I suppose if he goes the route of recreating the universe instead of just destroying it, yeah, Darkseid would be pretty worrisome on second glance. Still, while a thoroughly evil bastard, Darkseid is still pretty sane and responsible with power (for a villain).

Prime with the Reality Gem would be a hoot.

Galan007
^ Prime would likely accuse the gem of calling him stupid... Then he'd try to kill it...

....To death. ermmnone

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
SBP would try to recreate his own universe, and would F the shit out of everything. It'd be a crisis event. That would be a great story line, they should try it out sometime.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Who would be the biggest threat to the...
1. Marvel Universe, Dr. Doom with a Green Lantern Power Ring, a blood lusted Thor with a Red Lantern Power Ring, or Thanos with a Sinestro Corps Yellow Power Ring?

2. DC Universe, Darksied with the Ultimate Nullifier, Sinestro with the Soul Gem, or Superboy Prime with the Reality Gem?

1- Thanos, without a ring, is way more powerful that an actual wielder. What does it bring to the table? I know that 1000+1 is more that 1000, but you got the point. Thanos is the most fearsome of the three, because he still is the most powerful of them, with or without the ring.

2- Sinestro would be the least woriesome. Darkseid got the most powerful item, but like it was said before, I don't see him too shooting at the universe. I think he would use it as a back-up plan. Superboy Prime is ****ed up, and with the reality gem, it would suck for everything less powerful that the gem itself.

Prep-Man
Constantine with prep trumps all.

BattleMage
Breaking this down:

Marvel Universe
Dr. Doom: He's been given a weapon which operates on

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

2- Sinestro would be the least woriesome. Darkseid got the most powerful item, but like it was said before, I don't see him too shooting at the universe. I think he would use it as a back-up plan. Superboy Prime is ****ed up, and with the reality gem, it would suck for everything less powerful that the gem itself.
I'm not so certain. If Sinestro knows what the Soul Gem is and what it is capable of, he could use it's abilities to enhance his yellow power ring.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.