Thor vs Mar-vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is a fist fight...Thor has his hammer for this fight. No exotic powers or energy blasts. This is Lord Mar-vell.

Who wins?

dmills
Mar-vell.

JakeTheBank
Physically, Mar-Vell did really nothing to suggest he's as capable as Thor or someone in his class.

Thor bashes his face in.

Factoring in all other powers, conventionally, Mar-Vell would triumph.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Physically, Mar-Vell did really nothing to suggest he's as capable as Thor or someone in his class.

Thor bashes his face in.

Factoring in all other powers, conventionally, Mar-Vell would triumph.

Now wait a minute. You say he did nothing physically to suggest that he was as capable as Thor physically, by the same token did he do anything to suggest that he isn't?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
Now wait a minute. You say he did nothing physically to suggest that he was as capable as Thor physically, by the same token did he do anything to suggest that he isn't?

At best, he might be in the standard heraldish Class 100, probably due to energies amping his physical might from the Cancerverse.

But in a strictly physical contest, limited only to his strength of arms and fists, I don't recall anything to suggest he could handle Thor or beat him.

dmills
At best, he might be in the standard heraldish Class 100, probably due to energies amping his physical might from the Cancerverse.

But in a strictly physical contest, limited only to his strength of arms and fists, I don't recall anything to suggest he could handle Thor or beat him.

So based on what you don't recall, you're saying Thor bashes Mar-vell's face in?

JakeTheBank
So based on what you don't recall, you're saying Thor bashes Mar-vell's face in?

I read TI. It's a figure of speech as in based off what I read from the series, which was start to end, nothing leaps out to me to argue for Mar-Vell beating Thor with his bare hands.

dmills
I read TI. It's a figure of speech as in based off what I read from the series, which was start to end, nothing leaps out to me to argue for Mar-Vell beating Thor with his bare hands.

That's all well and good, I'm just trying to figure out what you're basing the "Thor bashes Mar-vell's face in" on? Based on your own comments, the best you could say is that its inconclusive right?

*Yeah I'm kinda being a Dick half jokingly evil face

JakeTheBank
That's all well and good, I'm just trying to figure out what you're basing the "Thor bashes Mar-vell's face in" on? Based on your own comments, the best you could say is that its inconclusive right?

*Yeah I'm kinda being a Dick half jokingly evil face

Thor's track record of bashing people's faces in, of course! I just feel that in this arena, Mar-Vell is seriously disadvantaged against a character with a wealth of feats and showings catered to said arena, and a top tier one at that.

Sirius77
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Without exotic abilities, based upon what was shown in TI of Vell, we can't conclude that he would do anything but lose to thor in h2h imo. From what I remember, the only people that he faced in h2h were nova and thanos. He fought as well against nova as someone like surfer might h2h, and when he fought thanos, he got trashed as badly as any top tier would be physically.

If he could use his exotic powers and not fight like a brick, then this would be pretty different though.

dmills
He one pieced with his bare hands Rider after he breached his shields. I can guarantee that no one with herald level strength (as has been proven on panel for years) could do that.

Sirius77
He one pieced with his bare hands Rider after he breached his shields. I can guarantee that no one with herald level strength (as has been proven on panel for years) could do that.

He didn't do that with his bare hands, that was a blast. I was assuming that exotic powers included energy manip, i.e blasting.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/truman801/thanos_04_12.jpg

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly can't see Thor one shotting Surfer's board... whether it was a blast or a fist... his "power" seemed to be on another level.

Estacado
Originally posted by Sirius77
He didn't do that with his bare hands, that was a blast. I was assuming that exotic powers included energy manip, i.e blasting.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/truman801/thanos_04_12.jpg
Looks like an amped punch to me.

Sirius77
I just see what appears to be some type of energy construct pushing Nova back, and red lightning emanating from Vell's hand. But meh.

Sirius77
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly can't see Thor one shotting Surfer's board... whether it was a blast or a fist... his "power" seemed to be on another level.

I'd be inclined to agree with you then. I think he is trans, there really isn't any argument there. I just haven't seen anything that would indicate that he is physically above thor in any way. Like I said, if he was using his exotic powers like he was in that scan, then he would win a very healthy majority imo.

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

God like Cable One shotted Surfers board, is he trans tier now?

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
God like Cable One shotted Surfers board, is he trans tier now? Is that the only thing he did ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.