After Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
M Night Shyamalam next movie

its to be a science fiction film starring Will Smith and his son, Jaden Smith

After Earth is described as a sci-fi film which tells the story of a father and son's journey through deserted Earth, after their spacecraft crashes on the planet thousand years in the future

photo's and concept art

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=54359

rudester
No its not bobo, its *about a girl who mad a choice to drink and drive and took 2 lives, and her dealing with her guilt. Duh!

Which by the way last years best. Ohh wait it says after earth not another earth "lol my bad.

Esau Cairn
So basically a couple black guys heading back to the jungle, huh.

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester
No its not bobo, its *about a girl who mad a choice to drink and drive and took 2 lives, and her dealing with her guilt. Duh!

Which by the way last years best. Ohh wait it says after earth not another earth "lol my bad.

Seriously its getting old your routine.

rudester
Honestly that's wat I saw. I'm using my black berry I can't see shit*
And what routine? U know wat kaly or watever ur name is soul eater, u can't take ur after earth and shove it up ur ass. M night shamalan sucks anyways. Take that tooo the bank.

Kazenji
Who the **** is Kaly?

The Big O
After that whole, "The Last Airbender" fiasco, I'm violently against Shyamalam. I won't ever see one of his movies again. EVER!!! (Insert that weird looking smilie here)

Robtard
Seems like he's taking ideas from 'The Road'.

Patient_Leech
It does sound like The Road, doesn't it?

Great, another M. Night Shamalama-ding-dong crap-tastrophe. This one actually sounds relatively interesting, though. So here's to hoping..

dadudemon
It will probably be good.

I have not seen an M Night movie I hated. They all entertain, at the worst, and are great, at best.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have not seen an M Night movie I hated. They all entertain, at the worst, and are great, at best.

You must not have seen The Last Airbender. I think he must have been bending some shit coming out of his ass when he made that retarded pile of crap.

The Big O
Thank you, Leech. Thank you. He took something awesome and butchered it in every way imaginable. On purpose, at that.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
It will probably be good.

Have to agree, even his not good films still entertain in some fashion. He's no Uwe Boll

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Have to agree, even his not good films still entertain in some fashion. He's no Uwe Boll

In The Name of the King was better than The Last Crapbender. In all seriousness.

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
In The Name of the King was better than The Last Crapbender. In all seriousness.

Couldn't disagree more. ITNOTK was so bad I couldn't force myself to watch more than 25-35mins. I then later caught another 15-20 mins somewhere after the middle, it was still crap.

Last Airbender was not great, but watchable.

Patient_Leech
I wanted my friend to stab me in the eyeballs in the middle of The Last Airbender. The only redeeming quality of that movie was this hot chick...

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6800000/Seychelle-Gabriel-as-Princess-Yue-the-last-airbender-6868035-400-265.jpg

Robtard
Wasn't she like 13 when the film came out?

Patient_Leech
I dunno. But if there's grass on the field, play ball.

Robtard
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/205/251/hansenlol.jpg

Patient_Leech
What? confused1

lol

The Big O
Just wanted to say again that I am violently against anything Shababalabala does ever since The Last Airbender. Period no expression So I won't be seeing this either. Again, period.

Robtard
Considering he has a few really good films under his belt, isn't it a bit early to say this will suck? We've only have a few still pics and a vague story.

Patient_Leech
Wasn't she like 13 when the film came out?

Just for the record, I checked: She was born in '91 and the film came out in 2010. So she was totally not 13 when it came out. Like 18 or 19, or something. So nanny-nanny poo-poo.

The Big O
I'm not saying this movie will suck because that would be premature. I'm just saying that since my feelings were hurt by TLA, I've been completely turned off by this director. That's all.

Esau Cairn
Give the guy a break about Airbender.
M. Night wanted a 3 movie deal to be loyal to the series but he was only given a one movie deal.
He did the best with what he had.

Kazenji
I did'nt think Airbender was "THAT' bad it was watchable unlike some other movies out there.

rudester
The movie was for his son. He cast all those ethnicities so that people wouldn't think he was being a racist, yet people still did. Did any one notice the bad guys were all indian, the villagers were asain and ohn was white? I think that's where he went wrong, the set also looked fake. His other movie the village also sucked, does anyone know any good movies he's made?

Kazenji
does anyone know any good movies he's made?

Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs.

rudester
The six sence, its been said he got the idea from a tv episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark, where a young man has a bad relationship with his mother. His sister is his friend. He starts to see a ghost, this beautyful girl and starts to investigate, he uncovers her grave finally only to find out they were lovers that both died in the same crash. But I believe he copied the theme from a movie called angle heart. As for unbreakable, I could never really understand why samuel L jackson thought he had special powers? Signs was alright I admite. Think that was his only good one, next to six sense

As for after earth. Will smith is not a very good actor. He's just face, he comes across as a snob and I think he likes the sound of his own voice. The only good movie that I thought was clever was, six degrees of seperation. I think he's been tight-cast for after earth? It seems that every movie he does is either about earth or the end of the world. The one, indep day, men blk, hancock,

Esau Cairn
The six sence, its been said he got the idea from a tv episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark, where a young man has a bad relationship with his mother. His sister is his friend. He starts to see a ghost, this beautyful girl and starts to investigate, he uncovers her grave finally only to find out they were lovers that both died in the same crash. But I believe he copied the theme from a movie called angle heart. As for unbreakable, I could never really understand why samuel L jackson thought he had special powers? Signs was alright I admite. Think that was his only good one, next to six sense

I have no idea how you can compare The Sixth Sense with Angel Heart...

And Samuel Jackson NEVER thought he had powers...he was the weakling that questioned why life was so unfair to him.

rudester
The six sense was all about that moment where he discovered he was dead, angle heart was that moment where he discovered that he was the killer who just coulnt remember.

Kazenji
Needs a facepalm picture in this thread.....

The Big O
The movie was for his son. He cast all those ethnicities so that people wouldn't think he was being a racist, yet people still did. Did any one notice the bad guys were all indian, the villagers were asain and ohn was white? I think that's where he went wrong, the set also looked fake. His other movie the village also sucked, does anyone know any good movies he's made? I don't think he was trying to be racist and I hadn't heard about that. He just got so many things wrong with this movie when he had an instruction manual he could've pulled from that was the actual show which aired on Nickelodeon for three years.

He added stuff that didn't work and left some major points and themes out. The majority of the people who went to see this at least knew about the cartoon and were utterly let down when they actually saw the movie. When I went to see the movie there was a little kid there that actually said, "What the heck was that," when the credits started. Everyone in the theater was gravely silent at the end credits. The only thing he barely got right was the special effects.

M. Night does have some good movies under his belt, namely the ones that were brought up already but he been in a slump lately with shlock like The Village, The Lady in the Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender and Devil........

rudester
I don't think he was either, I read that some where, he was also asked during an interview.
A cartoon is hard to do in a movie, esp one with superpowers. Look at street fighter or dragon ball.

He has an on and off relationship with movies, guess it has to do with the pressure of being successful.

jaden101
Originally posted by Kazenji
Who the **** is Kaly?

I re-read that whilst singing "Alice" in my head.

Kazenji
Originally posted by The Big O
I don't think he was trying to be racist and I hadn't heard about that. He just got so many things wrong with this movie when he had an instruction manual he could've pulled from that was the actual show which aired on Nickelodeon for three years.

He added stuff that didn't work and left some major points and themes out. The majority of the people who went to see this at least knew about the cartoon and were utterly let down when they actually saw the movie. When I went to see the movie there was a little kid there that actually said, "What the heck was that," when the credits started. Everyone in the theater was gravely silent at the end credits. The only thing he barely got right was the special effects.

M. Night does have some good movies under his belt, namely the ones that were brought up already but he been in a slump lately with shlock like The Village, The Lady in the Water, The Happening, The Last Airbender and Devil........

Lady in the water was'nt that bad of a movie and he did'nt do Devil he only wrote it.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I actually enjoyed Devil. For what it was. Silly, though it was. It was entertaining. It's been many years since i've seen any of the movies he's directed, though. Unbreakable is supposed to be pretty good, but I hardly remember it.

The Big O
Maybe it's just me but Lady in the Water was sheer confusion to me. I had no clue what was going on and had a vague sense that it was some sort of grim fairy tale or something like that. And I thought he did more than write Devil but my mistake.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I actually enjoyed Devil. For what it was. Silly, though it was. It was entertaining. It's been many years since i've seen any of the movies he's directed, though. Unbreakable is supposed to be pretty good, but I hardly remember it.

You find alot of films silly.......

rudester
I liked the devil for it being wat it was. Making a movie in an elevator lol wat was the budget really?

Lady in the water, I liked it. Can't rember it tho..

The Big O
it was almost 3 hrs long, iirc and i think it was about Paul Giamatti getting mixed up in a real life fairy tale or something along those lines.....

Kazenji
I liked the devil for it being wat it was. Making a movie in an elevator lol wat was the budget really?

There was also stuff happening outside of the elavator everyone trying to work out what the hell is going on and the cops investigating the murders earlier.

Esau Cairn
The six sense was all about that moment where he discovered he was dead, angle heart was that moment where he discovered that he was the killer who just coulnt remember.

You're really stretching for comparisons here.

It's like saying Avatar & The Town are the same because both deal with greed & stealing.

Galan007
M Night Shyamalam next movie

its to be a science fiction film starring Will Smith and his son, Jaden Smith This sealed the deal: I will not see this movie. I don't care how many movies Will has bribed directors to let his kid be in... He is just terrible. Absolutely terrible. He cheapens the films that he 'stars' in.

ares834
Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs.

Meh. Didn't like Signs but Unbreakable is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Lady in the Water, The Happening, and The Last Airbender were all terrible though.

Kazenji
each to their own i suppose.

marwash22
zaN0HV_N6UA

marwash22
what kind of dumbass accent is Will supposed to be using?

Robtard
Meh, looks pretty bland and Jaden Smith isn't good at acting. He was obnoxiously annoying in The Day The Earth Stood Still and he sucked in The Karate Kid.

I have no sound, so I can't tell you. Possible it's some made up future accent though?

marwash22
the accent sounds like they mixed a Southern one with a British one.

Esau Cairn
It's funny how audiences bag M. Night & yet all the big Hollywood names are attracted to his movies....

Willis. Jackson. Joaquin.Weaver. Brody. Gleeson. Hurt. Walberg. Smith.

marwash22
to be fair, everything he did up to "Signs" was quality work, so most of the people you listed don't count.

Also, Sam Jackson will do anything.

Dolos
Midnight Shamalon.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22
to be fair, everything he did up to "Signs" was quality work, so most of the people you listed don't count.

Also, Sam Jackson will do anything.

You're stating an opinion. I'm stating fact.

I also left out Gibson's name, as well as Robin Wright.

Kazenji
Lets see if we can guess the twist before the movie is released.

marwash22
Lets see if we can guess the twist before the movie is released. the whole thing is just an elaborate Willow Smith music video.

marwash22
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You're stating an opinion. I'm stating fact.

I also left out Gibson's name, as well as Robin Wright. your point was that:

audiences bag M. Night & yet all the big Hollywood names are attracted to his movies....

that's a weird thing to say seeing as some of the people you listed were attracted to his movies before he started making shitty films.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by marwash22

I think we're confusing each other here...

When I say, "attracted" I mean, "wanting to star" in his movies.
So no matter the audience reaction, big name Hollywood actors are always keen to be associated with M Night's projects.

Esau Cairn
Lets see if we can guess the twist before the movie is released.

The Big Twist is Will & Jaden Smith are actually white folk.

Severely sunburnt. smokin'

Ascendancy
The twist is that Will and Jaden have actually landed on earth in the past and somehow introduce a process that allows evolution to start anew and, viola, here we are today.

That, or they land on a future earth that has been destroyed in a war between hipsters and rockabillies for control of the title of whackest subset.

SpaceMonkey
I'm so glad this piece of crap bombed. Thank you, moviegoers.

Robtard
Why do you hate brown people?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I'm so glad this piece of crap bombed. Thank you, moviegoers.

Why so glad?

I was hoping it'd be good just as a sci-fi fan. After such atrocious reviews, though, I'll definitely be waiting. Looked like it might have some neat visuals at least. I haven't been terribly thrilled with the M. Night movies that I've seen, though, so I certainly wouldn't expect much. Unbreakable is pretty good. I liked The Village at the time. The Last Airbender was f#cking horrible, though.

Why do you hate brown people?
Are you lumping Africans and Indians into the same category? Now THAT'S racist... *wags finger*

quanchi112
I thought the movie was extremely generic and lackluster. A fee interesting ideas but that was pretty much it.

SpaceMonkey
I am glad because I would hate it if After Earth's success led to that being the formula for success in movies.

Guy becomes famous + hands his son starring roles in movies=Blockbuster.

I would have watched that movie it was another actor and some random kid. Not the Smiths. That just isn't right. NOTHING to do with race.

quanchi112
I am glad because I would hate it if After Earth's success led to that being the formula for success in movies.

Guy becomes famous + hands his son starring roles in movies=Blockbuster.

I would have watched that movie it was another actor and some random kid. Not the Smiths. That just isn't right. NOTHING to do with race. I see your reasoning but your theory has nothing to do with the quality of a film at its core.

Esau Cairn
Reviews are linking the story/plot to Scientology's belief in the order of souls...

How a young kid in the movie must overcome his fears to reach the level of his father...

Robtard
Reviews are linking the story/plot to Scientology's belief in the order of souls...

How a young kid in the movie must overcome his fears to reach the level of his father...

Yeah, read that too and I don't see it in this film really. Seems like a stretch at best. Also, the Smiths stopped being Scientologist some years back, iirc.

Film was crap. Acting was atrocious, story nothing special and the SFX was mediocre at best. My kids liked it, but they're wee little ones and this movie was aimed at the kid/early teen crowd who doesn't need good acting or a sensible story.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by quanchi112
I see your reasoning but your theory has nothing to do with the quality of a film at its core.

I have nothing to say regarding the quality of the film, as I have not seen it. Just glad it flopped.

Robtard
I have nothing to say regarding the quality of the film, as I have not seen it. Just glad it flopped.

You guessed it was "crap". I am here to tell you that you guessed correctly.

quanchi112
I have nothing to say regarding the quality of the film, as I have not seen it. Just glad it flopped. It stunk.

Kazenji
Still going to see

i'll judge it myself.

Robtard
Still going to see

i'll judge it myself.

Save yourself the 7 Koala pelts (that's what you people use for currency over there, right?) and don't. Trust me.

quanchi112
Still going to see

i'll judge it myself. Go for it!!!

Esau Cairn
Save yourself the 7 Koala pelts (that's what you people use for currency over there, right?) and don't. Trust me.

At least we watch a movie & not worry about...hell, not being shot at.

Kazenji
Go for it!!!

And you go watch Daredevil: directors cut.

quanchi112
And you go watch Daredevil: directors cut. Not a chance.

Kazenji
Went and seen it

i enjoyed it but i wouldn't say its a "OMG go and see it right now" movie

7.5/10

pitos
Poor movie, I excepted more about this title

Major_Lexington
Seems like he's taking ideas from 'The Road'.

If this movie is anything like the Road I'll pass.. sleep (looks like more action, but so did the trailer for the road!)

quanchi112
Went and seen it

i enjoyed it but i wouldn't say its a "OMG go and see it right now" movie

7.5/10 You enjoyed it ?

laughing out loud

Kazenji
Your point is?

quanchi112
Your point is? It was hilariously awful. Of course you'd champion it.

Kazenji
That's real original attack someone over something you dislike.

quanchi112
That's real original attack someone over something you dislike. It tanked and was lame as it gets. But whatever. You are free to champion mediocrity.

Kazenji
It tanked and was lame as it gets.

Yeah it tanked in the U.S. hasn't elsewhere..

Like your any different bandwagon boy

and i'll like whatever i want without other people influencing me.

Patient_Leech
Oh my god, ladies. Put your man panties on and be a little more eloquent as to WHY it was good or not so good, instead of making annoying personal comments. Stop acting like f#cking children.. or shit, I don't know how old you two are, so who knows, maybe I'm wasting my breath.

Kazenji
Quanchi's always like that anyway so just ignore him.

drkwrld
I like will smith will most def watch this one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.