Absorbing Man and Wrecking Crew vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight in Metropolis.

country1000
AM and WC wins.

JakeTheBank
Team wins.

Parmaniac
Only if they fight at 100% of their abilities.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Only if they fight at 100% of their abilities.

JakeTheBank
Tbf to everyone here, I don't see Superman as he typically fights walking away from this one in anything resembling ease, either. He'll contend with them in melee, which won't be anything pleasant considering they're all packing enchanted weapons.

Galan007
Superman wins. Imo, Creel is the biggest threat--but he's also not the only energy-absorbing type Supes has faced/owned.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman wins. Imo, Creel is the biggest threat--but he's also not the only energy-absorbing type Supes has faced/owned.

Q99
Yea, Superman. He has enough time to realize he needs to fight tactically, and then once he does he has the tools to win.

abhilegend
Superman. Once he realizes that WC has enchanted weapons, he would use his speed and then that's the game end for team here.

Damborgson
More often than not Superman will win. He's to fast and to strong for the crew. AM will be the last of the team standing but will fall eventually also.

I think team could take one or two though.

KingD19
If Creel is at 100%, there's no way Superman beats him at all.

He could drain the sunlight stored in his body far faster than he could regenerate it. Become a living embodiment of his heat vision or freeze breath(both which effect him). ABsorb his strength, the entirety of his being; et....

Caps Conscience
Supe lovers need to stop. The team would demolish him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
If Creel is at 100%, there's no way Superman beats him at all.

He could drain the sunlight stored in his body far faster than he could regenerate it. Become a living embodiment of his heat vision or freeze breath(both which effect him). ABsorb his strength, the entirety of his being; et....
His powers doesn't work like that. He isn't Parasite or rogue. Kal can bfr him easily, when your name is Absorbing man it isn't hard to guess what's your powers are.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Supe lovers need to stop. The team would demolish him.
Yeah, it isn't like he deals with these kind of threats on almost daily basis, right?

KingD19
Originally posted by abhilegend
His powers doesn't work like that. He isn't Parasite or rogue. Kal can bfr him easily, when your name is Absorbing man it isn't hard to guess what's your powers are.

His powers do work like that. He's absorbed the essence of Asgard before, he's absorbed Hulk's Gamma Radiation Energy, he's absorbed a Cosmic Cube, etc... He can absorb essentially anything, just usually isn't smart enough to do so.

At 100% though he's incredibly creative in fights.

carver9

But his powers does work like that though.

abhilegend
His powers do work like that. He's absorbed the essence of Asgard before, he's absorbed Hulk's Gamma Radiation Energy, he's absorbed a Cosmic Cube, etc... He can absorb essentially anything, just usually isn't smart enough to do so.

At 100% though he's incredibly creative in fights.
That's the thing. He doesn't weakens his opponent like you were describing. Creel is incredibly dumb, any creative villain with his powerset would be damn near unstoppable. We are talking about someone who was turned into cocain, distributed among addicts and later reformed himself months later in sewers from their urines. Given superman's experience with parasite and paragon, I don't think that he would allow creel to touch him. He can coat his hands in ice and throw him away like he did with parasite or just do a plain beat down.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
But his powers does work like that though.
No, they don't.

KingD19
That's the thing. He doesn't weakens his opponent like you were describing. Creel is incredibly dumb, any creative villain with his powerset would be damn near unstoppable. We are talking about someone who was turned into cocain, distributed among addicts and later reformed himself months later in sewers from their urines. Given superman's experience with parasite and paragon, I don't think that he would allow creel to touch him. He can coat his hands in ice and throw him away like he did with parasite or just do a plain beat down.

I never said he would weaken Supes; not directly anyway. I said he could absorb the sunlight from him, which he can do and that would render Clark human or at least make him far weaker than usual. He can also absorb his energy attacks like heat vision and ice breath. Become them and use them against Clark, because he's shown to fall victim to his own abilities. And absorbing Hulk's Gamma Radiation basically had Creel standing on his chest and absorbing as much as Hulk could pump out.

And any time Superman touches him, even through clothing, he can absorb the essence of his strength and durability, becoming as strong as him. If he hits him with ice, he becomes a bald version of Iceman, etc...

Keep in mind I said Creel at 100%. If this is jobbing Creel, he doesn't stand a chance.

gogogadgetgo
Absorbing Man, despite the name, doesn't really absorb or drain powers. He kinda mimics the properties of what he touches. For example, when he touched mjolnier, he didnt absorb its powers but duplicated its properties both physical and magical which is why he can contend with Thor most of the time.

Not sure if touching Superman would grant him Superman's powers, most probably yes which is why IMO, Superman would be hard pressed to win against AM and the Wrecking Crew. The Crew are all packing magical weapons and are all significantly strong enough to do some damage albeit, not strong enough to take him out. But they'd put some good hurting on Superman and AM would be able to finish the job.

abhilegend
I never said he would weaken Supes; not directly anyway. I said he could absorb the sunlight from him, which he can do and that would render Clark human or at least make him far weaker than usual. He can also absorb his energy attacks like heat vision and ice breath. Become them and use them against Clark, because he's shown to fall victim to his own abilities. And absorbing Hulk's Gamma Radiation basically had Creel standing on his chest and absorbing as much as Hulk could pump out.

And any time Superman touches him, even through clothing, he can absorb the essence of his strength and durability, becoming as strong as him. If he hits him with ice, he becomes a bald version of Iceman, etc...

Keep in mind I said Creel at 100%. If this is jobbing Creel, he doesn't stand a chance.
I thought he just absorbs the properties of the substance he touches like he absorbed thor's strength but thor wasn't weakened. Can you give me the issue number where he fought hulk? No, he can't absorb his strength and durability through his clothes. That's not how his powers work. Becoming solar powered energy being would be fatal for creel though, kal would just absorb him like Rampage's solar charge or evil star's solar attacks or amazo's HV etc. When did kal fell to freeze breath, he would just create a tarnado around creel and send him to space. How does absorbing the properties of ice gives him the powers of Iceman? Did he gained Emma frost's powers when he became diamond against daredevil?
CIS is still applicable, being at best doesn't makes majority of your showings jobbing.

gogogadgetgo
I thought he just absorbs the properties of the substance he touches like he absorbed thor's strength but thor wasn't weakened.

I believe thats how his power does work. If AM can get a hold of Superman, he'd most likely absorb Superman's powers and mimic his powers.

Nietzschean
I thought he just absorbs the properties of the substance he touches like he absorbed thor's strength but thor wasn't weakened. Can you give me the issue number where he fought hulk? No, he can't absorb his strength and durability through his clothes. That's not how his powers work. Becoming solar powered energy being would be fatal for creel though, kal would just absorb him like Rampage's solar charge or evil star's solar attacks or amazo's HV etc. When did kal fell to freeze breath, he would just create a tarnado around creel and send him to space. How does absorbing the properties of ice gives him the powers of Iceman? Did he gained Emma frost's powers when he became diamond against daredevil?
CIS is still applicable, being at best doesn't makes majority of your showings jobbing.

Originally posted by TheSentry

He also overpowers Absorbing Man.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/1.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/2.jpg
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/3.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/RespectThread/Sentry/Fights/Vs%20Absorbing%20Man/4.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
I believe thats how his power does work. If AM can get a hold of Superman, he'd most likely absorb Superman's powers and mimic his powers.
IF superman let creel to touch his skin which is rather unlikely given his past experiences with power leechers like parasite and power mimickry like paragon, he wouldn't become as powerful as superman instantly. It would take him some time ranging from several seconds to minutes to absorb enough sun-light to become sufficient powerful in which he can be easily koed. That's the con of creel's powers, he absorb powers+weaknesses of whatever he touches.

Magnon
Superman wins this 10/10.

The Wrecking Crew is a non-issue, he beats them pretty much instantly. Creel might require some thought, but there are multiple options available to Superman to contain, bfr or even KO him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Nietzschean

I can't see the scans as I'm on my phone right now. What are you trying to tell me here?

JakeTheBank
Absorbing Man can choose to get all the physical attributes/powers of a target he's touched or just the material/substance of it. In those scans above, he absorbed the Sentry's ability to fly and his strength and speed and durability. He could do the same to Superman. Or if he gets hit with heat vision, he could become living energy.

Given CIS and personalities being in tact, it's possible Superman can win this, but 10/10 with ease? Not going to happen.

gogogadgetgo
IF superman let creel to touch his skin which is rather unlikely given his past experiences with power leechers like parasite and power mimickry like paragon, he wouldn't become as powerful as superman instantly. It would take him some time ranging from several seconds to minutes to absorb enough sun-light to become sufficient powerful in which he can be easily koed. That's the con of creel's powers, he absorb powers+weaknesses of whatever he touches.

Creel's powers work differently. He doesn't have to hold on for a prolonged period of time to absorb or mimic superman's powers.

And this is the reason why Creel can go up against Thor. Simply touching mjolnier would allow Creel to take the properties of it. Its durability and its mystical properties included.

A simple touch of Superman's skin would instantly grant Creel all of Superman's powers unwatered down and of the same magnitude. And since Creel knows shit about holding back, Superman would be hard pressed to win unless he decides to let loose. Even then he'd be on the loosing end since when he does decide to stop holding back, he'd have already taken a beating.

gogogadgetgo
Though it is of note to mention that AM loses to Thor more often due to his stupidity. Given this, Superman could still maybe take the slight majority, maybe 6/10 but he'd have to work for all of those wins.

JakeTheBank
Creel's powers work differently. He doesn't have to hold on for a prolonged period of time to absorb or mimic superman's powers.

And this is the reason why Creel can go up against Thor. Simply touching mjolnier would allow Creel to take the properties of it. Its durability and its mystical properties included.

A simple touch of Superman's skin would instantly grant Creel all of Superman's powers unwatered down and of the same magnitude. And since Creel knows shit about holding back, Superman would be hard pressed to win unless he decides to let loose. Even then he'd be on the loosing end since when he does decide to stop holding back, he'd have already taken a beating.

thumb up

Magnon
Both Spider-Man and Spider-Woman (Arachne) have KO'd Creel. Peter simply kept punching him while avoiding his hits until he dropped (Supes can do this too, just by wearing a pair of gloves like Spidey) -- Julia took his ball-and-chain, and hit him in the head with it (this is again within Superman's abilities as well). Absorbing Man's powers also seem to have a slight delay, like when Wolverine cut off his arm faster than he could turn into adamantium. Thus a single superspeed punch in the head could maybe take AM out even if Superman doesn't want to wear gloves (or, say, wrap his cape around his fist). Superbreath could safely send Creel into space, or outright destroy him if Supes makes it focused and intense enough. If AM tries to absorb it he would turn into air and disperse.. it always takes lots of time and possibly outside help for him to rebuild himself after turning into a fluid.

Lord Feron
Current superman? Dude is aggressive which is a plus but tactical or smart fighting is not imo his strong point. pre FP Superman wins, he is imo wiser than this current one.

Not saying team can't run a train on him just I see superman winning most of the time.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Magnon
Both Spider-Man and Spider-Woman (Arachne) have KO'd Creel. Peter simply kept punching him while avoiding his hits until he dropped (Supes can do this too, just by wearing a pair of gloves like Spidey) -- Julia took his ball-and-chain, and hit him in the head with it (this is again within Superman's abilities as well). Absorbing Man's powers also seem to have a slight delay, like when Wolverine cut off his arm faster than he could turn into adamantium. Thus a single superspeed punch in the head could maybe take AM out even if Superman doesn't want to wear gloves (or, say, wrap his cape around his fist). Superbreath could safely send Creel into space, or outright destroy him if Supes makes it focused and intense enough. If AM tries to absorb it he would turn into air and disperse.. it always takes lots of time and possibly outside help for him to rebuild himself after turning into a fluid.

None of what you mentioned is in character for Superman or likely at all. By that same token, I could mention dozens upon dozens of options for Creel to due based on what he could do with his powers.

Unless Superman has been briefed on Absorbing Man to the extent of the likes of Thor or something, he's not going to devise a winning strategy first time around, which is what forum fights are all about. His common knowledge on Creel extending to "Oh, well his name wraps up his gimmick pretty nicely" isn't an auto-win, either.

On the average, if Superman does win this, it will be a pretty tough battle.

abhilegend

Mjolnir and kryptonian powers have no similarities. It takes time to gain enough sunlight to become powerful enough for a kryptonian. As creel is taking the properties of only kryptonian dna, not some internal source of energy like sentry, I don't think he would become as powerful as superman. Kal regularly tangles being with equal or greater powers than him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
None of what you mentioned is in character for Superman or likely at all. By that same token, I could mention dozens upon dozens of options for Creel to due based on what he could do with his powers.

Unless Superman has been briefed on Absorbing Man to the extent of the likes of Thor or something, he's not going to devise a winning strategy first time around, which is what forum fights are all about. His common knowledge on Creel extending to "Oh, well his name wraps up his gimmick pretty nicely" isn't an auto-win, either.

On the average, if Superman does win this, it will be a pretty tough battle.
Why not? Kal isn't a fool or a novice in this field. He is a brilliant strategist and its not like he is going to fight like a dumb brute forgetting his other advantages especially when he is facing a group of villains. He has enough showings of taking teams and wrecking them like elite, CSA, ending battle, JLA and many more. I would expect this from carver not you jake. Oh and superman wins 7-8/10 depending on how does he fights.

gogogadgetgo
Mjolnir and kryptonian powers have no similarities. It takes time to gain enough sunlight to become powerful enough for a kryptonian. As creel is taking the properties of only kryptonian dna, not some internal source of energy like sentry, I don't think he would become as powerful as superman. Kal regularly tangles being with equal or greater powers than him.

Actually, thats the point of AM's powers. He takes the exact properties of what he touched. If he touches Superman, he doesn't take on the dna properties of a kryptonian, takes the current properties of Superman. Meaning, its like he's a kryptonian who's been bathing under a yellow sun as long as Superman.

Creel is a cold blooded SOB who fights dirty. Given that they'd have the same strength, speed and durability with the exception of Creel wont be holding back one bit, Superman would be in a lot of trouble.

Not saying that Superman would lose all the time, I'd give him the slight majority actually, but every win would be hard earned.

abhilegend
Actually, thats the point of AM's powers. He takes the exact properties of what he touched. If he touches Superman, he doesn't take on the dna properties of a kryptonian, takes the current properties of Superman. Meaning, its like he's a kryptonian who's been bathing under a yellow sun as long as Superman.

Creel is a cold blooded SOB who fights dirty. Given that they'd have the same strength, speed and durability with the exception of Creel wont be holding back one bit, Superman would be in a lot of trouble.

Not saying that Superman would lose all the time, I'd give him the slight majority actually, but every win would be hard earned.
Has he done something like that i.e. taking the full power of an external energy absorber upon touch? Meh, kal fights such people almost on weekly basis like eradicator, russian zod, bizzaro, ultraman, cyborg superman, daxamites etc. Even IF creel absorbs kal's power, he wouldn't have his experience. It would be like when manchestar black made bizzaro smart, superman still owned him telling him that he doesn't have his experience with his powers. Same as when creel absorbed thor's strength, he was still owned by odinson. Frankly kal wouldn't let creel touch him to begin with and if spidey can ko creel with a glove, kal can just wrap his hand with his cape and ko him. Believe me he beat kilowog using the same tactic when rings had the yellow weakness.

gogogadgetgo
Has he done something like that i.e. taking the full power of an external energy absorber upon touch? Meh, kal fights such people almost on weekly basis like eradicator, russian zod, bizzaro, ultraman, cyborg superman, daxamites etc. Even IF creel absorbs kal's power, he wouldn't have his experience. It would be like when manchestar black made bizzaro smart, superman still owned him telling him that he doesn't have his experience with his powers. Same as when creel absorbed thor's strength, he was still owned by odinson. Frankly kal wouldn't let creel touch him to begin with and if spidey can ko creel with a glove, kal can just wrap his hand with his cape and ko him. Believe me he beat kilowog using the same tactic when rings had the yellow weakness.

Mjolnier comes to mind.

Dont forget that Creel is no slouch when it comes to slugging it out.

Meh, is Superman's costume still made of that uberly durable kryptonian cloth? If so Creel could touch that and he'd be durable enough long enough to take a grab at Superman stick out tongue

Then there's also the WC that Superman has to contend with.

Q99

Eh, Superman's far more skilled and practiced in use of those powers.

Creel doesn't know about holding back, but nor does he know how to push them to their limits.

abhilegend
Mjolnier comes to mind.

Dont forget that Creel is no slouch when it comes to slugging it out.

Meh, is Superman's costume still made of that uberly durable kryptonian cloth? If so Creel could touch that and he'd be durable enough long enough to take a grab at Superman stick out tongue

Then there's also the WC that Superman has to contend with.
I thought that he only took the properties of uru not the powers of mjolnir. Not comparable though as mjolnir is a source of its own power while superman needs to recharge with sunlight. Not that I recall as his cape got shredded a lot even after IC. That's where having speed just a notch below flash comes in handy and he almost always blitzes facing a group of villains so no CIS there.

carver9

WTF. If Creek can absorb Mjolnir properties, he should have NO PROBLEMS absorbing Supermans powers....his EXACT powers. Where do you get this sh** from?

KingD19
Scans already showed just from Sentry having his booted(covered) foot on Creels neck, he absorbed all the power he wanted from him. He can do the same to Clark.

And this was Sentry, one of the most powerful guys in Marvel; Creel was going toe to toe with him, and explicitly stated that every time they touched he was getting more powerful.

abhilegend
WTF. If Creek can absorb Mjolnir properties, he should have NO PROBLEMS absorbing Supermans powers....his EXACT powers. Where do you get this sh** from?
Read first before posting upon something, ok. Creel just absorbed the properties of uru, not powers of mjolnir itself. You know like weather manipulation or energy absorption.

abhilegend
Scans already showed just from Sentry having his booted(covered) foot on Creels neck, he absorbed all the power he wanted from him. He can do the same to Clark.

And this was Sentry, one of the most powerful guys in Marvel; Creel was going toe to toe with him, and explicitly stated that every time they touched he was getting more powerful.
I couldn't see them as I am on my phone. That would be more like artistic or writer's error as his powers doesn't work that way. That's like rogue absorbing powers through clothes, it isn't a common occurence and can be cited as PIS. Who do you think creel is fighting here?

KingD19
You keep saying his powers don't work like that, when they do. You're just assuming he's like Rogue.

Nietzschean
I couldn't see them as I am on my phone. That would be more like artistic or writer's error as his powers doesn't work that way. That's like rogue absorbing powers through clothes, it isn't a common occurence and can be cited as PIS.

unless she is wearing unstable molecules.. confused

carver9
Lol...this Guy. Creel powers works exactly like that. He can have Superman exact copy if he chose to with just a simple touch. This isn't hard to comprehend.

abhilegend
You keep saying his powers don't work like that, when they do. You're just assuming he's like Rogue.
So amuse me, how does his powers work? Both creel and rogue are touch based character, while rogue's powers were always active(no longer applicable), creel's doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that creel absorbing sentry's powers through his boot isn't a clear indicative of how his powers work normally.

abhilegend
Lol...this Guy. Creel powers works exactly like that. He can have Superman exact copy if he chose to with just a simple touch. This isn't hard to comprehend.
Lulz.

abhilegend
unless she is wearing unstable molecules.. confused
That's not what I meant. I said its like rogue touching someone's clothes and stealing their life-force.

carver9
So amuse me, how does his powers work? Both creel and rogue are touch based character, while rogue's powers were always active(no longer applicable), creel's doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that creel absorbing sentry's powers through his boot isn't a clear indicative of how his powers work normally.

Rogue absorbs everything about a person...their memories, even the training they have had using their power. She also kills them if she holds on too long. She is limited to skin contact though. She can ONLY absorb powers...she can't absorb properties like adamantium, bricks, cocaine (absorbing man turned to cocaine before by mistake).

Absorbingman...he can all properties. The guy has absorbed trash and was a living trash can. He can absorb adamantium...basically any type of material...including magic. When he absorbed properties from Mjolnir, he even became a living tornado. He can touch someone and absorb their powers as well while not weakening that person like Rogue or parasite does. Absorbingman can absorb "anything", no limits at all. He can also absorb through fabric, it doesn't have to be skin to skin contact.

That's the difference.

abhilegend
Rogue absorbs everything about a person...their memories, even the training they have had using their power. She also kills them if she holds on too long. She is limited to skin contact though. She can ONLY absorb powers...she can't absorb properties like adamantium, bricks, cocaine (absorbing man turned to cocaine before by mistake).

Absorbingman...he can all properties. The guy has absorbed trash and was a living trash can. He can absorb adamantium...basically any type of material...including magic. When he absorbed properties from Mjolnir, he even became a living tornado. He can touch someone and absorb their powers as well while not weakening that person like Rogue or parasite does. Absorbingman can absorb "anything", no limits at all. He can also absorb through fabric, it doesn't have to be skin to skin contact.

That's the difference.
Thanks for the lecture Prof. Carver. You think that I don't know about them. How does posting some random feats adds to him able to absorb powers through clothes?

Nietzschean
That's not what I meant. I said its like rogue touching someone's clothes and stealing their life-force.

Absorbing man actually can absorb a person's power through their clothes and armor. I always assumed he simply had to consciously try and bypass their clothes.

He has done it to Stellaris and she was wearing her purple armor and he glowed and made an energy connection with Stellaris bypassing her armor..

he gave her a bear hug..

abhilegend
^Really, give me the issue number and I would check it out. Assuming its true and he has to conscioussly activate his powers to mimic powers, that still does not answer that how would creel copy superman's powers when kal blitzes him which he almost always does facing a group of villains. Given creel's track record against speed, it doesn't looks good.

Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/36152-5055-40370-1-thunderstrike_super.jpg

Absorbing Man also stole Hank Pym's powers when Hank touched him to shrink him down and Hank was wearing gloves.

http://s1d6.turboimagehost.com/sp/77dc4546bba0e2b8b96f9c72f22c3330/Avengers_Academy-07-019.jpg

Caps Conscience
Yeah, it isn't like he deals with these kind of threats on almost daily basis, right?

Maybe, but the combo is just too much for supes. Deal with it.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman wins. Imo, Creel is the biggest threat--but he's also not the only energy-absorbing type Supes has faced/owned. Creel doesn't absorb energy. He just absorbs the properties of whatever he touches. He touched Thor, and became just as strong and powerful as Thor. He touched Mjolnir and became just as tough as it. He gets blasted by fire, he becomes that fire. This is all instantaneous. I can't actually remember Absorbing Man ever draining energy actually.

Team wins. This team'd give Thor plenty of fits. And Thor doesn't even have a magic weakness.

leonidas
^some people have been saying that creel DOES absorb energy though, (ala parasite). which is something i've never seen either and keep waiting for scans to see.

i don't see the crew's weapons being much of an issue for kal though. at all, really. though they have some good showings, i'll use their more general portrayal and say kal wrecks the crew pretty easily imo. creel IS an issue though. an intelligent creel COULD beat kal, or pretty well anyone. a creel with cis on is something else altogether. comicbook creel gets schooled by daredevil. i like supes' chances.

Parmaniac
So amuse me, how does his powers work? Both creel and rogue are touch based character, while rogue's powers were always active(no longer applicable), creel's doesn't. That doesn't change the fact that creel absorbing sentry's powers through his boot isn't a clear indicative of how his powers work normally. How about you just stop comparing Creel to Rogue, both are entirely different in nature.

He also touched the street once and said he absobed the heart of NY steel and concrete (and had the properties of both) he doesn't need 100% direct connection, really he doesn't not at all.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
^some people have been saying that creel DOES absorb energy though, (ala parasite). which is something i've never seen either and keep waiting for scans to see.

i don't see the crew's weapons being much of an issue for kal though. at all, really. though they have some good showings, i'll use their more general portrayal and say kal wrecks the crew pretty easily imo. creel IS an issue though. an intelligent creel COULD beat kal, or pretty well anyone. a creel with cis on is something else altogether. comicbook creel gets schooled by daredevil. i like supes' chances.

Give him Carver9 brain and nothing short of abstract is stopping him.

Batman-Prime
Give him Carver9 brain and nothing short of abstract is stopping him.

Because a Carver9 Brain is not capable to think abstract?

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Because a Carver9 Brain is not capable to think abstract?

Lol...you missed me huh? I have that affect on people.

country1000
Read first before posting upon something, ok. Creel just absorbed the properties of uru, not powers of mjolnir itself. You know like weather manipulation or energy absorption. Creel has absorbed the hammers power.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/lorrdraiden/ThorvsAbsorbingMan.jpg

country1000
Has he done something like that i.e. taking the full power of an external energy absorber upon touch? Meh, kal fights such people almost on weekly basis like eradicator, russian zod, bizzaro, ultraman, cyborg superman, daxamites etc. Even IF creel absorbs kal's power, he wouldn't have his experience. It would be like when manchestar black made bizzaro smart, superman still owned him telling him that he doesn't have his experience with his powers. Same as when creel absorbed thor's strength, he was still owned by odinson. Frankly kal wouldn't let creel touch him to begin with and if spidey can ko creel with a glove, kal can just wrap his hand with his cape and ko him. Believe me he beat kilowog using the same tactic when rings had the yellow weakness. As soon as superman hit creel, creel will have his strength and all his powers. While creel is beating superman into the ground or giving him hell, guess what the wrecker can do with his crowbar?? Go look in his respect thread and see the things he can do to superman with his MAGICAL WEAPON.http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66339/1702270-journey_into_mystery_121_03_super.jpg

Nietzschean
i'm gonna say The Crew 7/10.

Superman's cis will seriously hamper him in the old U and with the new DcU. I havent seen much to convince me he can get the majority win.

country1000
I remember a time when creel asorbed the powers of thors hammer and thor himself said... He has become a living weapon that dwarfs the POWERS of the greatest warrior... Also he touched thors hammer with his ball and chain and the ball and chain started returning to creels hand like thors hammer. Creel was surprised that the weapon returned to him. He and his weapon asorb a lot more than people claim.

h1a8
Superman could bfr each one with ease.

OneDumbG0
^some people have been saying that creel DOES absorb energy though, (ala parasite). which is something i've never seen either and keep waiting for scans to see. Then people don't know Creel's main power. His main power is to mimic the properties of whatever he touches. He's not an energy-drainer per se. Although I'm certainly welcome to look at an on-panel feat where he does so. The analogies made towards strict energy-drainers are irrelevant here, although the Wrecker has drained energy with his enchanted crowbar. Originally posted by leonidas
i don't see the crew's weapons being much of an issue for kal though. at all, really. though they have some good showings, i'll use their more general portrayal and say kal wrecks the crew pretty easily imo. creel IS an issue though. an intelligent creel COULD beat kal, or pretty well anyone. a creel with cis on is something else altogether. comicbook creel gets schooled by daredevil. i like supes' chances. They're enchanted weapons. They aren't skyfather-level Mjolnir type weapons, but they certainly don't have to be to seriously mess Superman up. Absorbing Man has been beaten by Daredevil, yes, only after being wrecked over and over and nearly sacrificing his own life to do so. But Creel's also given Thor massive fits on his own. So while I can see Superman defeating Creel by tricking him or exploiting his dim-wittedness... I can't see it happening a majority of the time.

Especially not when he's got the magically-powered Wrecking Crew on his butt also. Not with Kal's magical weakness. Not without a potent weapon/ability to counter their magic like Mjolnir would offer. Not without ample experience fighting them like Thor possesses.

And again, I don't even see Thor taking down all five easily at all. And he's got great magical resistance, the plot-device magic counter Mjolnir, and dozens of fights under his belt. Originally posted by country1000
I remember a time when creel asorbed the powers of thors hammer and thor himself said... He has become a living weapon that dwarfs the POWERS of the greatest warrior... Also he touched thors hammer with his ball and chain and the ball and chain started returning to creels hand like thors hammer. Creel was surprised that the weapon returned to him. He and his weapon asorb a lot more than people claim. thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Then people don't know Creel's main power. His main power is to mimic the properties of whatever he touches. He's not an energy-drainer per se. Although I'm certainly welcome to look at an on-panel feat where he does so. The analogies made towards strict energy-drainers are irrelevant here, although the Wrecker has drained energy with his enchanted crowbar. They're enchanted weapons. They aren't skyfather-level Mjolnir type weapons, but they certainly don't have to be to seriously mess Superman up. Absorbing Man has been beaten by Daredevil, yes, only after being wrecked over and over and nearly sacrificing his own life to do so. But Creel's also given Thor massive fits on his own. So while I can see Superman defeating Creel by tricking him or exploiting his dim-wittedness... I can't see it happening a majority of the time.

Especially not when he's got the magically-powered Wrecking Crew on his butt also. Not with Kal's magical weakness. Not without a potent weapon/ability to counter their magic like Mjolnir would offer. Not without ample experience fighting them like Thor possesses.

And again, I don't even see Thor taking down all five easily at all. And he's got great magical resistance, the plot-device magic counter Mjolnir, and dozens of fights under his belt. thumb up

meh. the crew have a couple bludgeoning style weapons. they also can't fly. supes can and has dealt with that type of magical weapon in the past-effectively. i see the crew being dismissed pretty handily.

creel is another matter entirely. however, given that he has absorbed both uru (on at least 2 occasions i remember off-hand) cap's shield at least once and even quasar's q-bands, and yet each time fails...... erm

with cis on i see supes taking him out, like thor takes him out, almost everytime. before you go filing me under the supes' fanclub banner, i did say that serpent-enhanced creel would beat kal 1on1. an intelligent creel is a beast. this is purely a case of what-i've-seen-on-panel colouring my attitude toward creel. he SHOULD be far greater than he has been portrayed. call it pis or cis or whatever. i'm not against the idea of creel beating him. just based on his most common showings, i gotta think kal takes him out almost everytime.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Then people don't know Creel's main power. His main power is to mimic the properties of whatever he touches. He's not an energy-drainer per se. Although I'm certainly welcome to look at an on-panel feat where he does so. The analogies made towards strict energy-drainers are irrelevant here, although the Wrecker has drained energy with his enchanted crowbar. They're enchanted weapons. They aren't skyfather-level Mjolnir type weapons, but they certainly don't have to be to seriously mess Superman up. Absorbing Man has been beaten by Daredevil, yes, only after being wrecked over and over and nearly sacrificing his own life to do so. But Creel's also given Thor massive fits on his own. So while I can see Superman defeating Creel by tricking him or exploiting his dim-wittedness... I can't see it happening a majority of the time.

And again, I don't even see Thor taking down all five easily at all. And he's got great magical resistance, the plot-device magic counter Mjolnir, and dozens of fights under his belt. thumb up

This.

Like I've said before, this is an extraordinary challenge for Kal, just because of Creel alone. Adding in the Crew, and he'd need to go above and beyond the norm to win this.

carver9
Even though the Crew usually lose, that still doesn't take away from their performance. They usually do good during battle (but eventually lose).

country1000
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman could bfr each one with ease. The wrecker can bfr superman with ease.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor148-10.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor148-13.jpg

country1000
meh. the crew have a couple bludgeoning style weapons. they also can't fly. supes can and has dealt with that type of magical weapon in the past-effectively. i see the crew being dismissed pretty handily.

creel is another matter entirely. however, given that he has absorbed both uru (on at least 2 occasions i remember off-hand) cap's shield at least once and even quasar's q-bands, and yet each time fails...... erm

with cis on i see supes taking him out, like thor takes him out, almost everytime. before you go filing me under the supes' fanclub banner, i did say that serpent-enhanced creel would beat kal 1on1. an intelligent creel is a beast. this is purely a case of what-i've-seen-on-panel colouring my attitude toward creel. he SHOULD be far greater than he has been portrayed. call it pis or cis or whatever. i'm not against the idea of creel beating him. just based on his most common showings, i gotta think kal takes him out almost everytime. Do you have any idea what the wreckers ( bludgeon style ) weapon can do?? They dont need to fly to hurt superman, as soon as superman attacks creel and finds himself fighting a killer with ALL his powers and strength, he will be busy trying to stay alive leaving himself open for all kinds of blasts from wrecker or energy drain from thunderballs MAGICAL weapon.

Nietzschean
The Wrecking would more than likely drain him once they since his energy stores..

OneDumbG0

with cis on i see supes taking him out, like thor takes him out, almost everytime. before you go filing me under the supes' fanclub banner, i did say that serpent-enhanced creel would beat kal 1on1. an intelligent creel is a beast. this is purely a case of what-i've-seen-on-panel colouring my attitude toward creel. he SHOULD be far greater than he has been portrayed. call it pis or cis or whatever. i'm not against the idea of creel beating him. just based on his most common showings, i gotta think kal takes him out almost everytime. I don't see why the type of weapons they possess makes a difference here. Superman's been magically bludgeoned to great effect. Absorbing Man can fly actually. If he touches Superman, he can fly, that's obvious. If he remembers that Loki granted his ball and chain the ability to fly during Acts of Vengeance, he can fly on his own as well.

Creel smacked Thor around the first time he absorbed uru, left him in a heap and flew off through the magical compulsion of Loki. Creel was more than a match the second time he absorbed uru. Thor was actually knocked out and beaten. Then Thor had to trick him with a convenient plot device plastic toy Mjolnir. Creel absorbed Cap's shield and saved Cap's life. He then walked off having earned Cap's respect. Quasar's Quantum Bands connected Creel to the infinite Quantumverse. Suffice it to say, his inability to regulate that amount of power should have little bearing here.

I can see Superman out-thinking Creel a lot myself. Probably even for the majority. Just that when you've got the entire Wrecking Crew out there trying to beat on Superman simultaneously, I don't see it happening for the majority at all. That's this thread.

abhilegend
Originally posted by country1000
Creel has absorbed the hammers power.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/lorrdraiden/ThorvsAbsorbingMan.jpg
He absorbed thor's powers not mjolnir's. He just absorbed the properties of uru. Here's the rest of the scan

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAbsorbingMan05JIM115.jpg

abhilegend
As soon as superman hit creel, creel will have his strength and all his powers. While creel is beating superman into the ground or giving him hell, guess what the wrecker can do with his crowbar?? Go look in his respect thread and see the things he can do to superman with his MAGICAL WEAPON.http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66339/1702270-journey_into_mystery_121_03_super.jpg
Good thing is that superman's powers doesn't work like thor's. But you wouldn't know it, would you?

abhilegend
Do you have any idea what the wreckers ( bludgeon style ) weapon can do?? They dont need to fly to hurt superman, as soon as superman attacks creel and finds himself fighting a killer with ALL his powers and strength, he will be busy trying to stay alive leaving himself open for all kinds of blasts from wrecker or energy drain from thunderballs MAGICAL weapon.
Do you have any idea what superman can do with his punches? Other than ODG's usual lowballing of superman's magical resistance, none of the wrecking crew poses much of threat to superman. even she-hulk has owned them

http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc883/th_93426_Secret_Wars_007-18_122_883lo.jpg
http://img162.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-27942/loc1000/93434_Secret_Wars_007-19_122_1000lo.jpg

JakeTheBank
Do you have any idea what superman can do with his punches? Other than ODG's usual lowballing of superman's magical resistance, none of the wrecking crew poses much of threat to superman. even she-hulk has owned them

http://img165.imagevenue.com/loc883/th_93426_Secret_Wars_007-18_122_883lo.jpg
http://img162.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-27942/loc1000/93434_Secret_Wars_007-19_122_1000lo.jpg

And the Wrecking Crew have proven a match for Thor himself and have beaten down the Defenders.

abhilegend
i'm gonna say The Crew 7/10.

Superman's cis will seriously hamper him in the old U and with the new DcU. I havent seen much to convince me he can get the majority win.
CIS doesn't work that way. He wouldn't forget that he has superspeed because you would like so. He almost always uses speed when facing teams and considering creel's speed, I can't imagine how he's going to touch kal

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3615/34op.jpg

The Wrecking would more than likely drain him once they since his energy stores..

LOL, looks like any guy can absorb superman's energy nowdays. Its not like better energy manipulators than wrecking crew has used this tactic on superman and failed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Rhinos starting to get respect.

http://members.lycos.nl/ramonantonius/rhino1.JPG
http://members.lycos.nl/ramonantonius/rhino2.JPG
http://members.lycos.nl/ramonantonius/rhino3.JPG
http://members.lycos.nl/ramonantonius/rhino4.JPG

hysterical2

h1a8
The wrecker can bfr superman with ease.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor148-10.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/Thor148-13.jpg

False, since Superman has speed and can bfr them before he can flinch.
Also, I'm not sure of the context what how or what the wrecker was doing in those scans. All I know is that he doesn't have the power to bfr anyone in the vast majority of his career. So I'm thinking of a plot device or just a one off power that was never used again.

country1000
He absorbed thor's powers not mjolnir's. He just absorbed the properties of uru. Here's the rest of the scan

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsAbsorbingMan05JIM115.jpg Creel has absorbed thor hammer to the point to where his ball and chain returned to him just like thors hammer.. Thor admitted that he cannot beat his own hammer when creel absorbed it.. Are you blind enough to think that just turning into uru can beat thor???? Do you know what thor means when he says..... He has become a living weapon that dwarfs the POWER of the greatest warrior?? We all know you will throw your own body over superman to protect his azz from getting beat and claim that NOTHING works on superman. You think that creel CANNOT absorb supermans power, you think the wrecker CANNOT bfr his azz or affect him with his weapon yet he has bfr loki,balder and sif and even held thor in place with a jesture. You are close to being the WORST thing to superman on this site.

country1000
Originally posted by h1a8
False, since Superman has speed and can bfr them before he can flinch.
Also, I'm not sure of the context what how or what the wrecker was doing in those scans. All I know is that he doesn't have the power to bfr anyone in the vast majority of his career. So I'm thinking of a plot device or just a one off power that was never used again. And here we have the worst.

country1000
Good thing is that superman's powers doesn't work like thor's. But you wouldn't know it, would you? So supermans strength and powers are shielded huh??? I dont even know why i waste my time with such crap.

abhilegend
Creel has absorbed thor hammer to the point to where his ball and chain returned to him just like thors hammer.. Thor admitted that he cannot beat his own hammer when creel absorbed it.. Are you blind enough to think that just turning into uru can beat thor???? Do you know what thor means when he says..... He has become a living weapon that dwarfs the POWER of the greatest warrior?? We all know you will throw your own body over superman to protect his azz from getting beat and claim that NOTHING works on superman. You think that creel CANNOT absorb supermans power, you think the wrecker CANNOT bfr his azz or affect him with his weapon yet he has bfr loki,balder and sif and even held thor in place with a jesture. You are close to being the WORST thing to superman on this site.
Nice rant. Where did his ball and chain returned to him? Thor still beat his ass to the point that he couldn't even touch him with all of his powers. You think creel can instantly become as powerful as superman, then prove it. These childish antics are of no worth. Yeah, he did bfr someone 40 years ago and now he's going to do it in a fight with one of the fastest heralds, right? Its not like superman has beaten magical foes before in a fight and he would just crumple against wrecker's crowbar or some very minor energy manipulator can siphon his energy now. Nice lowballing though.

abhilegend
So supermans strength and powers are shielded huh??? I dont even know why i waste my time with such crap.
I don't know why you come from CBR to this lowly place in the first place. If you don't know about something, its better to just shut up.

country1000
Nice rant. Where did his ball and chain returned to him? Thor still beat his ass to the point that he couldn't even touch him with all of his powers. You think creel can instantly become as powerful as superman, then prove it. These childish antics are of no worth. Yeah, he did bfr someone 40 years ago and now he's going to do it in a fight with one of the fastest heralds, right? Its not like superman has beaten magical foes before in a fight and he would just crumple against wrecker's crowbar or some very minor energy manipulator can siphon his energy now. Nice lowballing though. Do you want to know what your problem is?? You run to every thread with superman in it bring only ONE side of the character. you ALWAYS bring.... superman resisted this, superman did that, hes too fast to get hit, this was tried and it failed on him, he has beaten magical foes, he has, he has, he has is ALL you bring... Well guess what? Some people look at BOTH sides of a character.... You know?? The side when he DID NOT resist this, when he DID NOT do this, When he GOT HIT, when this was tried on him and WORKED, When he LOST to magical foes. You only want to bring the ( SHINING MOMENTS ) but turn a deaf ear to the opposite. Then you accuse people of ( lowballing Kal ) while at the same time you try and make him a God in YOUR eyes.

country1000
I don't know why you come from CBR to this lowly place in the first place. If you don't know about something, its better to just shut up. KMC is a great place. CBR i dont know. But i suspect they dont agree with you either huh?

abhilegend
Do you want to know what your problem is?? You run to every thread with superman in it bring only ONE side of the character. you ALWAYS bring.... superman resisted this, superman did that, hes too fast to get hit, this was tried and it failed on him, he has beaten magical foes, he has, he has, he has is ALL you bring... Well guess what? Some people look at BOTH sides of a character.... You know?? The side when he DID NOT resist this, when he DID NOT do this, When he GOT HIT, when this was tried on him and WORKED, When he LOST to magical foes. You only want to bring the ( SHINING MOMENTS ) but turn a deaf ear to the opposite. Then you accuse people of ( lowballing Kal ) while at the same time you try and make him a God in YOUR eyes.
Blah, blah, blah. If you want to go that route, go ahead. Post scans where superman lost and then talk. Btw, here characters work at their best as stated by rules which is something I personally don't agree with. What you're doing is that posting random feats and claiming that superman would lose and I'm supposed to believe you. Try again.

abhilegend
KMC is a great place. CBR i dont know. But i suspect they dont agree with you either huh?
Lulz.

Nietzschean
I don't know why you come from CBR to this lowly place in the first place. If you don't know about something, its better to just shut up. u might want to start taking your own advice.

abhilegend
u might want to start taking your own advice.
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/ThouMad.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.