Odin vs Stranger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Stranger at his best vs

1. Classic Odin
2. Current Odin

Both give it all they have Who takes this and why ?

Colossus-Big C
stranger

Stoic
Odin. Based on feats alone, Odin would defeat the Stranger. Odin's recent battle with Galactus, shows that he is one step behind Galactus in terms of power, and versatility. The Stranger has never done anything to make me believe that he is above the Spinx at optimal levels.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Odin. Based on feats alone, Odin would defeat the Stranger. Odin's recent battle with Galactus, shows that he is one step behind Galactus in terms of power, and versatility. The Stranger has never done anything to make me believe that he is above the Spinx at optimal levels.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic

On the flip side, more recent showings indicate that the Stranger is beyond a Skyfather; Odin was stopped by the dimensional pathways (or something to that effect) collapsing during the IG saga...

The Stranger (or any of the true cosmics for that matter) could not be stopped by something like that...

Afterall, there is a reason why the Stranger stood with "Eternity's Cosmic Brigade" during the Infinity Gauntlet while Odin (or any other Skyfather) did not; the Stranger is on another level than Odin is...

Now sure, you can dig up the Strangers past and use that against him, but keep in mind that character power levels change over time...

Those old Stranger showings dont reflect how Marvel portrays the Stranger of today...

And as of today, the Stranger is portrayed as being beyond Odin...

TheLordofMurder
Also, as pertains Odins fight against Galactus, please note that the Big-G defeated Odin without ever raising a hand against him...

JakeTheBank
Odin.

janus77
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Also, as pertains Odins fight against Galactus, please note that the Big-G defeated Odin without ever raising a hand against him...
To be fair, Odin self-KO'd via headbutt. I doubt Galactus would have achieved such a result from directly attacking Odin (given how pathetic they write Galactus nowadays).

janus77
Stranger should win, Odin would win.

Galan007
Odin>>>Iceman>Stranger.

Odin wins. /thread

guy222
stranger ftw

gogogadgetgo
Wasn't the Stranger one of LT's faces before he jumped out or some shit like that?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would eat him. Having a cosmic origin gets a character way too much leeway sometimes.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
On the flip side, more recent showings indicate that the Stranger is beyond a Skyfather; Odin was stopped by the dimensional pathways (or something to that effect) collapsing during the IG saga...

The Stranger (or any of the true cosmics for that matter) could not be stopped by something like that...

Afterall, there is a reason why the Stranger stood with "Eternity's Cosmic Brigade" during the Infinity Gauntlet while Odin (or any other Skyfather) did not; the Stranger is on another level than Odin is...

Now sure, you can dig up the Strangers past and use that against him, but keep in mind that character power levels change over time...

Those old Stranger showings dont reflect how Marvel portrays the Stranger of today...

And as of today, the Stranger is portrayed as being beyond Odin...

I haven't read the Infinity Gauntlet saga for a very long time so refresh my memory, were Odin and the Skyfathers specifically targeted by Thanos? Because I remember Warlock, Mjolnir and maybe some other beings teleporting to the location of that battle.

Also, I hope you aren't using Stranger's simply standing side by side with those entities as evidence of superiority. I mocked Colossus Big C when he used Zeus standing among the Cosmics in the End as conclusive evidence of him being equal to them and I'll do the same to you. You're gonna need shit that's a lot more concrete than that, especially since Skyfathers have been involved in various high end Cosmic affairs over the years.

What other recent showings does the Stranger have that supports him being above Skyfather?

abhilegend
Odin wins. LOM takes no PIS/CIS rule a bit too far.

Doon
Originally posted by abhilegend
Odin wins. LOM takes no PIS/CIS rule a bit too far.

Agreed. Almighty Odin for the win.

Horrificus
Does it matter that the Stranger was once 1/4 of the Living Tribunal?
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Silver_Surfer_1989_031_22.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Silver_Surfer_1989_031_22.jpg

That's impressive as far as titles go, it may even be more impressive than Galactus, but do you really believe that a title automatically places the Stranger above Galactus simply because he was a quarter of the Living Tribunal? Remove Galactus, and replace his name with Odin. The Stranger's feats have never impressed me as being over the trans tier, and at times he has appeared to be less.

leonidas
Originally posted by Horrificus

yeah, i've never really understood that scan --COULD HAVE BEEN THE FACE OF THE STRANGER? wtf is that supposed to mean? stranger was NEVER part of LT. lt implying that stranger might have somehow been a part of lt is just....weird. doesn't really do anything for me, and it does even less for the stranger. never understood why stranger fans have thought so much of that scene. shrug

Glorificus
Odin headbutts him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin would eat him. Having a cosmic origin gets a character way too much leeway sometimes.

This.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1966/odinig.th.jpg http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/2181/odinig2.th.jpg

Smells like PIS to me.

Hell, what recent showings does he have to suggest he's even skyfather tier, let alone ABOVE skyfather.

Horrificus
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i've never really understood that scan --COULD HAVE BEEN THE FACE OF THE STRANGER? wtf is that supposed to mean? stranger was NEVER part of LT. lt implying that stranger might have somehow been a part of lt is just....weird. doesn't really do anything for me, and it does even less for the stranger. never understood why stranger fans have thought so much of that scene. shrug Actually, I'm not sure either. I thought maybe somebody else would be able to shed some light on it, or point out an answer in another book.
But, whether it means he was part of LT once, or was offered the spot by LT and said no, it still seems impressive.

Even if he had once been a part of the LT, left and also left most of his power, it is still a mind boggling situation for a Marvel U character to have that history.

Also, I believe the Stranger has actually made statements in the past about how, during his experiments and observations, negative incidents sometimes prove more valuable than positive. His motivations always impossible to figure out.
Even allowing his pet planet to suffer, and remain imprisoned when he could have released it, just because he thought it would add some extra spice to his experiment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.