Galactus vs Morpheus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
1. fight takes place in the Dreaming
2. normal reality.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/100903/morpheus_240.jpg

vs

http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/4/4c/Galactus_%28Earth-616%29_008.jpg

zopzop
Before anyone says Morpheus, I want to see/hear of his best feats and fights.

Having said that, sans using the UN, Galactus isn't hurting/KOing/killing Morpheus at all. And IMHO, Morpheus isn't doing jack to Galactus either.

It's an endless stalemate.

janus77
Galactus consumes "normal reality" for the win smile.

Eon Blue
Dream

quanchi112
Galactus.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Eon Blue Dream

McNasty996
Morpheus wins in the Dreaming, that isn't even debatable. In "normal reality" I'm leaning towards Galactus winning, while it is stated that the endless do have influence over their opposite representative we done't know how much influence or power he has over it but I still wouldn't count him out and say that the win is clear cut.

abhilegend
Morpheus.

zopzop
Who has Morpheus fought that would make you think he could beat Galactus in a fight?

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
Who has Morpheus fought that would make you think he could beat Galactus in a fight?
The problem is that sandman isn't your typical superhero comic so its quite difficult to count his feats, but he did take on lucifer in hell and morningstar relented

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/Sandman04-23.jpg

ares834
That wasn't a fight at all....

Still Dream should win.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
The problem is that sandman isn't your typical superhero comic so its quite difficult to count his feats, but he did take on lucifer in hell and morningstar relented

http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/kelsaken/Sandman04-23.jpg No.

Aside from that, a 'feat' I was quite impressed when Garamas and Gyges fled "The Dreaming" after being told that, while Morpheus wasn't currently in said dimension, he had left the castle with orders to defend itself.

Nietzschean
I would really like to see feats and not just unfounded assertions.

Cogito
Mopius

Galan007
Originally posted by Nietzschean
I would really like to see feats and not just unfounded assertions. With Dream, or any of the Endless for that matter, you're not going to find 'teh uber' feats. The Sandman series was about the story of the characters involved, not pretty displays of power. So if the latter is what you're looking for, then you should look elsewhere.

Death is the only exception to that rule--she actually has very impressive feats (because that type of feat was needed for the particular story.)

basilisk
Morpheus murders Galactus in his sleep. Sneaks into worldship while Big G is having nightmares about that Tyrant fight and pillow over the face FTW.

Blight
Originally posted by basilisk
Morpheus murders Galactus in his sleep. Sneaks into worldship while Big G is having nightmares about that Tyrant fight and pillow over the face FTW.

abhilegend
Morpheus murders Galactus in his sleep. Sneaks into worldship while Big G is having nightmares about that Krona fight ass-whooping and pillow over the face FTW.
Fixed.ha-som

tross
So what has Morpheus done that would put him above Galactus ? Also could Galactus devour the Dreaming realm ?

OneDumbG0
Morpheus murders Galactus in his sleep. Sneaks into worldship while Big G is having nightmares about that Tyrant fight and pillow over the face FTW. On a random note: Galactus doesn't sleep.

george '06
could galactus absorb the dreaming like he threatened to do to mephistos realm?

Galan007
Originally posted by george '06
could galactus absorb the dreaming like he threatened to do to mephistos realm? I suppose it's possible. Is mephisto's realm physical or conceptual? I only ask because in the comic in which Galactus began devouring Meph's realm, it seemed to be purely physical--the Dreaming, on the other hand, is purely conceptual.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007
I suppose it's possible. Is mephisto's realm physical or conceptual? I only ask because in the comic in which Galactus began devouring Meph's realm, it seemed to be purely physical--the Dreaming, on the other hand, is purely conceptual.

I think (without knowing it for certain) that it's a bit of both, a physical dimension mixed with magic. Yet I'm not certain what the difference would be for Galactus since what he absorbs is just the energy. But then again I'm not certain and my knowledge of the Endless in comics and how they function is basically none.

Nietzschean
I suppose it's possible. Is mephisto's realm physical or conceptual? I only ask because in the comic in which Galactus began devouring Meph's realm, it seemed to be purely physical--the Dreaming, on the other hand, is purely conceptual.

It is conceptual a dark reflection of Mephisto's own soul.. it also is based on individuals own perception to an extend.

TheGodKiller
Bump
No.

Aside from that, a 'feat' I was quite impressed when Garamas and Gyges fled "The Dreaming" after being told that, while Morpheus wasn't currently in said dimension, he had left the castle with orders to defend itself.
Noting how that was before Gyges and Garamas ascended to godhood(by transcending time and taking Yahweh's(absentee) position as a result), I don't see anything "impressive" about that.

Apart from that, didn't the Red King and Dr Destiny each make a whole universe using just a fraction of Dream's power? Also, during Lucifer's pillage of the House of Windowless Rooms it was all but stated that Izanami deeply feared the Dream-Lord.

Glorificus
Galactus with his UN would erase Dream obviously. But without it, there's not much he can do to Dream. Even if he destroys one incarnation of Dream like the Kindly Ones did, there'd be another one to take its place, since the concept of dreaming still exists.

Mindset
Galactus eats him.

Golgo13
Morpheus.

Mindset
DC fanboy.

Golgo13
thumb up Can't hide it.

Eternal Idol
Galactus wins, via being Galactus.

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
thumb up Can't hide it. Get your finger outta my butt!

Golgo13
Do I have to? sad

Mindset
Well, you can take your time.

Golgo13
I'm forever in your debt. stick out tongue

curryman
Galactus can erase multiversal concepts with the UN??

I could never imagine him killing death or love. Consider the amount of juice the Beyonder had to put into killing Death.

Dream passed on the mantle because he chose to. Those were the rules he played by, and that was more important than living. Which sort of makes this whole fight pointless since he would never want to kill Galactus.

Could he? I think so.

Mindset
Originally posted by curryman
Galactus can erase multiversal concepts with the UN??

I could never imagine him killing death or love. Consider the amount of juice the Beyonder had to put into killing Death.

Dream passed on the mantle because he chose to. Those were the rules he played by, and that was more important than living. Which sort of makes this whole fight pointless since he would never want to kill Galactus.

Could he? I think so. Well, he can destroy the multiverse with the UN.

So yes.

bobbi
In the dreaming its not a question. Obviously morpheus wins.

In the real world it'd be tough. Best feat of morpheus I guess is with Dr. Destiny using a fraction of his power to alter reality. You can basically attribute all of Dr. D's feats to a fraction of morpheus's. He made his own realities with that gem of his so that's fairly impressive. But dream can't really die as long as there is something that dreams in the universe. And it's doubtful that he could reality manipulate galactus. If galactus doesnt' sleep like people have been saying here he wouldn't really be vulnerable to any of morpheus's attacks.

The best case scenario for morpheus is controlling like reed richards while he sleeps to make him fight galactus. He could do that to any character that sleeps and just send them to fight. It should be enough to drain his energy so we get your standard hungry galactus that gets beaten up by thor :P

Bouboumaster
Galactus eats him in a sandwhich.

Golgo13
Originally posted by bobbi
In the dreaming its not a question. Obviously morpheus wins.

In the real world it'd be tough. Best feat of morpheus I guess is with Dr. Destiny using a fraction of his power to alter reality. You can basically attribute all of Dr. D's feats to a fraction of morpheus's. He made his own realities with that gem of his so that's fairly impressive. But dream can't really die as long as there is something that dreams in the universe. And it's doubtful that he could reality manipulate galactus. If galactus doesnt' sleep like people have been saying here he wouldn't really be vulnerable to any of morpheus's attacks.

The best case scenario for morpheus is controlling like reed richards while he sleeps to make him fight galactus. He could do that to any character that sleeps and just send them to fight. It should be enough to drain his energy so we get your standard hungry galactus that gets beaten up by thor :P

What issue did Dr. Destiny do that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus eats him in a sandwhich. thumb up

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus eats him in a sandwhich. Amen, brother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.