Superman vs. the Elite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=54618

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/33503/Superman%20vs%20The%20Elites_first%20look_resize.jpg

-Pr-
Unusual art style.

JakeTheBank
That it is.

Though, I'm pleasantly surprised they're adapting this story for animation.

Q99
What's with the jaw?

Anyway, Manchester animated? Heck yea.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That it is.

Though, I'm pleasantly surprised they're adapting this story for animation.

I just hope we finally get to see Superman as an effective fighter rather than an invincible punching bag.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
I just hope we finally get to see Superman as an effective fighter rather than an invincible punching bag.

Same.

I do like the occasional display of Superman just pummeling something into oblivion, but I do like the thinking man's brawler approach to his combat style.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Same.

I do like the occasional display of Superman just pummeling something into oblivion, but I do like the thinking man's brawler approach to his combat style.

Same here. I just wish that they'd brought that to the animated movies, rather than either Worf effecting him or just having him keep someone busy by letting them wail on him.

Superman Doomsday was the only one where I felt like he was actually well represented.

Existere
Looking forward to Superman beating them to a pulp with that massive chin.

-Pr-
Just saw the trailer; have to say I'm looking forward to it.

Galan007
Trailer:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=56397

His chin doesn't look that bad. The OP pic over-exaggerates it, imo.

Anyway, looks pretty good.

-Pr-
Anyone seen this yet?

Have to say, I was quite pleased with it tbh.

Galan007
It was good.

Robtard
Watched it last night, it was decent. I didn't care too much for the animation style and the story seemed like it was rushed. Elite arrive, they're friendly with Supes, then the next second they're not.

Galan007
Yeah the animation was too 'kiddy' imo. The story, however, was still better than I thought it would be. Not great, but not bad either.

emporerpants
I thought it was quite excellent. I actually didn't mind the few changes that they made. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably my fav DC animated movie. I actually really liked what the note superman left for lois said.

ankur29
I liked it.

Nice SM feats,looked scary with the bloodshot eye in the end and his general ownage of the elite especially the heat vision lobotomy was chillingly awesome.

I enjoyed Manchester black killing atomic skull and i have to say crazy as he was i found myself siding with MB a lot.

jinXed by JaNx
This is easily the best comic flick i've seen in a looong time. IT is also the best portrayel of, Superman. From addressing the moral, ethics and symbol that Superman has stood for. This movie focuses on the question of whether or not Superman is still relevant and answers with a resounding, yes, suggesting that the relevance of Supermans beliefs are needed now, perhaps more than ever. It was also nice to see a glimpse of, Supermans true power.

the ninjak
This movie was pretty good. Lois was a *****. The Antiheroes brought forward the great question of "why don't heroes kill their enemies". And Supes went badass.

KingD19
Art style could have been better with some of the Elite...I'm mainly talking about Manchester and Coldcast...but aside from that it was great.

Zack Fair
Same here. I just wish that they'd brought that to the animated movies, rather than either Worf effecting him or just having him keep someone busy by letting them wail on him.

Superman Doomsday was the only one where I felt like he was actually well represented. What about Superman/Batman Apocalypse?

DL this now.

-Pr-
Superman/Batman Apocalypse was fine... Until the final fight. That ruined it for me.

Zack Fair
Why? I actually liked the way Superman blitzed Darkseid.

Endless Mike
The Elite were like a parody of The Authority, weren't they?

the ninjak
Originally posted by Zack Fair

He lurrvvvvvvess Supes. And he's a Mod. He's on another level/ stick out tongue

-Pr-

Because they made the Supergirl vs Darkseid fight the big fight, rather than the Superman vs Darkseid one from the comic.

Plus, in the comic superman gave a much better showing.

Zack Fair
Because they made the Supergirl vs Darkseid fight the big fight, rather than the Superman vs Darkseid one from the comic.

Well yeah I agree. They made it look like Superman couldn't stand up to Darkseid without getting sun amped. I guess I didn't really get what you meant by "represent" at first.

At least Superman vs The Elite gave us an awesome show from Superman. Too bad the art style was a bit of a letdown for me.

I-Drop
Good movie. I liked the story so the art was good enough. I'd watch a stick figure movie if it was well written. Ending wasn't that great. I wanna read the actual comic it was based off now.

BlackWind
I liked the movie. Probably my favorite part was the Elite being decinated and the looks of terror on their faces. It was clear they weren't used to being victims like that. Lucky they weren't messing with somwone really mean.

Zack Fair
Its all fun and games until Superman gets serious. Then everyone starts panicking and crying.

StiltmanFTW

Girl Power > Superman's jobber aura, apparently laughing

In the comic he was amped by Loebforce.

-Pr-
This was before Loebforce. This was when the guy knew how to write a damn comic.

Kazenji
This was before Loebforce. This was when the guy knew how to write a damn comic.

Yeah and also had his son to help him out.

Dr Mystery
I prefered the Doomsday movie but this was a solid outing. I can find Superman a bit boring if the story isn't handled well, but this was interesting.

bluewaterrider
They made it look like Superman couldn't stand up to Darkseid without getting sun amped.

Superman couldn't stand up to Darkseid without getting sun amped. That was true in the movie AND the comic that preceeded it.

abhilegend
^Action comics 586, OWAW, Apokolips Now all disagree.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Superman couldn't stand up to Darkseid without getting sun amped. That was true in the movie AND the comic that preceeded it. My problem is having Supergirl stand up to Darkseid without any amps.

Ridley_Prime
I actually liked the animation style of Superman vs the Elite as much as or more than some others once I got used to it. And yeah, once Supes got serious enough, it was scary in a cool way. Heat vision + lobotomizing and all.

edit: Guess I probably shouldn't bump threads here much older than this one, interesting as a number of them are. Sad though that people still talk about the trainwreck that was Superman Returns.

xJLxKing
Worst Superman movies ever

jedi90
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Worst Superman movies ever

i thought public enemies was the worst adaption.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.