Onslaught vs Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/611733-man3_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/229/120397-182119-onslaught_large.jpg

Prep-Man
SA Mangog?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
SA Mangog? Let me guess... I see Mangog used the word "thy" in the caption above. I don't think he talked like that recently.
But, I'm not sure. wink

Galan007
The OP scan of Mangog is from Thor v2 #24, published in 2000.

Don't ask me why I know that. durno

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Galan007
The OP scan of Mangog is from Thor v2 #24, published in 2000.

Don't ask me why I know that. durno

You were looking for the part where Thanos admits Odin defeated him.

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
You were looking for the part where Thanos admits Odin defeated him. Perhaps. evillaugh

But then I realized that I had to backtrack to issue #21 to find said quote. evil face

WhiteWitchKing
Perhaps. evillaugh

But then I realized that I had to backtrack to issue #21 to find said quote. evil face

Lol

Horrificus
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
You were looking for the part where Thanos admits Odin defeated him.

Perhaps. evillaugh

...Interesting...sly

Thank you both.

Galan007
Originally posted by Horrificus
...Interesting...sly

Thank you both. Here's the statement in question:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10854431_Thor_vol2-523-021-17.jpg
Thor v2 #21

Now some (I'm sure you can guess who) will argue the validity of that statement, because it was made by a Thanosi (even though Thanosi share the same thoughts/ambitions as the real Thanos.) I pay 'those people rabid fanboys' no mind. smile

Horrificus
Here's the statement in question:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10854431_Thor_vol2-523-021-17.jpg
Thor v2 #21

Now some (I'm sure you can guess who) will argue the validity of that statement, because it was made by a Thanosi (even though Thanosi share the same thoughts/ambitions as the real Thanos.) I pay 'those people rabid fanboys' no mind. smile Good advice.
It's just nice to know that this scan exists. smile

Prep-Man
Any opinions on this?

JakeTheBank
Onslaught gets merced by Silver Age Mangog.

Jurgens Mangog...he was still beastly to the point where it took internal damage from the Anti-Force, at the time one of Thor's most potent attacks, to put him down. It's closer, imo, but I don't see Onslaught winning unless he's full potential or whatever.

bbrem123
yea depends on which onslaught

Damborgson
F*ck Onslaught

Horrificus
I think Mangog was created as a "God-Killer" character. Maybe, one of the first in comic books.
He was made to be the ultimate physical villain.
As much as we have talked about his abilities, in the forums, nobody has really paid much attention to the potentially unlimited power-sources he has been able to tap into.

rotiart
From a more recent standpoint it took Thor alone to out down mangog.
Whereas with onslaught it took Thor plus virtually the entire marvel earth to put down onslaught and crack that armor...

Onslaught also has attackeD people psionically... Removing the even cytorrak gem out of the unstoppable juggernaught albeit off panel...

the Darkone
Originally posted by rotiart
From a more recent standpoint it took Thor alone to out down mangog.
Whereas with onslaught it took Thor plus virtually the entire marvel earth to put down onslaught and crack that armor...

Onslaught also has attackeD people psionically... Removing the even cytorrak gem out of the unstoppable juggernaught albeit off panel...

It took Classic Odin death to defeat SA Mangog, that alone says more about how powerful SA Mangog was, even Classics admitted he couldn't beat SA Mangog, and Classic Odin with feats is up their cosmic hierarchy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.