STAR WARS: Retrospection - Game of Chance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach

Peach

REXXXX
8 isn't bad for 14! Then again, it is all Galder is good at...

He will use Dreams (for free). His Blade Tricks will be- Balanced Guard, Cleave, Block. His Combat Tricks will be- Power Attack, Impervious, Duck, Dodge & Weave, and Focused Blow.

Galder will be tinkering with the family speeder, though he probably has his own (if that's okay) that he takes when he rushes off to Pazol's or when he goes to town. He'll probably wait til the last minute to leave instead of giving himself time to get to Pazol's.

What does the homestead have?

Peach
I went off of Chris has Galder's stats listed as for your other game for that, and thought that 8 was more than good enough for a 14 year old stick out tongue And so noted!

Galder can have a speeder of his own that he likely fixed up on his own, indeed. Of course, it's also likely not in the best shape, but it serves your purposes well enough.

The homestead is just your standard moisture farm - a cozy home, many moisture vaporators around the property, a garage-type shed where repairs to vaporators or the speeders can be made out of the heat of the sun, and underground hydroponics and storage areas. Even though everything's kept in good, working condition, most everything has a feeling of being a bit worn-down, thanks to the rough conditions here.

The Doons are all home, as well; they are Matthias, who is your age, and Alis, his younger sister, who is a couple of years younger; their parents (the owners of the homestead) are Korlis and Sallah.

REXXXX
Galder will go see what Matthias is up to.

Peach
He's currently tinkering with a vaporator that stopped working properly earlier in the day. Keeping them all running smoothly is quite important, after all, so fixing them is generally a priority.

"Hey, Galder, pass me that hydrospanner," he says, kicking at the machine with mild frustration.

REXXXX
Probably where Galder learned to be handy with machines, if not exactly great.

Galder will grab the hydrospanner mundanely with his hand and pass it to the boy.

"Need any help?" Galder asks. "I just gave the speeder a little tune-up, should be running just fine now."

Peach
Most likely!

"Nah, just help me drag it back out into place when I'm done. Shouldn't take more tan a few moments..." he replies, tinkering with it a bit. "And you did? Good, Mom will be pleased..."

REXXXX
"Yeah, sure, I can do that," Galder says. Even as a boy, he has always been very physical strong, though at this age his muscles are more sinewy than the bulk they will become one day. "So... I'm going out tonight. Think anyone will mind?"

Peach
"Nah, once we finish this up that's all that needs to be done for the day, and you know Mom and Dad don't mind you going off to do your own things," Matthias replies. He makes a few more adjustments before setting aside his tools. "There, that should do it."

He pauses for a moment as the two of you start to drag the equipment back out of the shed and where it belongs.

"Still...that old guy you go to see is strange."

REXXXX
"Yeah," Galder says, curt enough to make it clear that the subject is not something Matthias should broach but not enough to be rude. "It's nice getting off the farm sometimes, anyway. I'm grateful to live here and work for you, but Tatooine's a big world."

Peach
He's not offended. They generally don't ever bring up the subject with you.

"Big world...not a whole lot out there, though. Just lots of desert...I don't know about you, but I plan on getting out of here and seeing more of the galaxy when I'm older."

REXXXX
"I definitely plan to," Galder says. "Maybe we can go together. Watch each other's backs. It's not a safe place."

Peach
"Sounds like a plan to me."

It doesn't take long for the two of you to get the repaired vaporator back into place and running again; everything appears to be working fine.

"Well, that's done. Are you gonna stick around any longer or are you heading off soon?" Matthias asks.

REXXXX
"Might be a bit longer," Galder says. "Why?"

Peach
"Just wondering. It's usually not safe out in the desert at night."

You generally get the feeling that, of everyone in the family, Matthias is the most interested in why you go off on your own, sometimes for several days at a time, but is hesitant to really ask about it.

REXXXX
Galder feels it is better that none of them know, at least for now. Or at least that they don't know more than they already do, if they have already had brushes with Pazol at some point.

"I can hold my own," Galder says. "Sand People don't scare me."

He pats the blaster pistol at his hip.

Peach
Mark it down to teenage curiosity, as well as the fact that Matthias considers you a friend.

"Hey, never hurts to be careful. Especially since they tend to travel in groups. But then again, does anything ever scare you?" he asks, as you walk back to the homestead itself, the suns starting to set; one has already gone down entirely.

REXXXX
"Not in the least," Galder says. "I'm unstoppable, Matthias. The Galaxy won't be ready for me when I march out into it. You'll see."

Galder will probably have tried to teach Matthias some of his close quarters moves at some point.

Peach
"No one's completely unstoppable, Galder..." Matthis replies, but he's grinning. He's used to such things from you.

Matthias is better with a gun, but has learned a few moves from you, yes. Always helps to have a backup plan, of course.

The two of you have returned to the homestead by now, and Alis is in the shed, putting away the tools the pair of you left out.

"Thanks for cleaning up after yourselves..." she comments. She's small for her age, with light brown hair. "Dinner won't be ready for a while."

REXXXX
"May have to skip out on it, then," Galder says. "I've got plans for my evening. What's being cooked?"

(Just to be clear... Sallah is Mom, Korlis is Dad?)

Peach
Yep!

"Oh, nothing special, just the usual stuff..." Alis says with a shrug. "How long are you going to be gone, just the night?"

REXXXX
"I think so," Galder says.

Peach
Alis just nods and finishes straightening up the stuff that the two messy teenage boys left laying around. "I can let my parents know for you, if you're leaving soon."

The second sun is about to set; Pazol said he wanted you there by full dark, and he tends to be displeased if you're late. Not that you usually care a huge amount, though.

REXXXX
Galder will spend a little time packing some meager supplies like he usually does, just enough water and food to last him a day as he is rarely away longer than that before he can resupply. If he has any supplies that Pazol asked him to pick up from town, he will bring those as well, but normally Pazol does not count on Galder for these things.

Then, he'll give his speederbike a check-over and get ready to go.

Peach
There is nothing that Pazol requested that you bring along with you, not this time. Sallah will happily help you bundle up some food, and wishes you a safe trip and that she hopes to see you the next day.

Everything's fine on the speeder, and you set off across the desert. It's not exactly a long trip, but it's not just like you're hopping next door, either.

On the way there you see no Sand People, and you don't exactly sense danger...but something feels a bit off to you.

REXXXX
Galder has never been one to pay close attention to his senses, especially never having had a mentor that paid to them as well (Gathol was a Pariah, Pazol is a Corsair... at least in my mind). But he tries to keep a look out for himself as he zooms across the sand dunes toward where his master's lair lies.

Peach
It gets stronger the closer you get to Pazol's cave - as well as more familiar. Pazol is likely up to one of his tricks again; sometimes he likes to ambush you as you're making your way to his lair.

REXXXX
"Typical," Galder mutters to himself. He is unsure how close he wants to take his bike to the cave, just in case Pazol jumps out at him while he is still aboard it. He slows down to a crawl and moves cautiously into the canyon where Pazol lurks.

Peach
You don't think you see something out of the oridinary...no, wait. Not far ahead, up and to the left, you spot a few pebbles bounce down the wall of the canyon.

REXXXX
Galder will keep moving as if he did not notice anything, but slip his father's lightsaber into one hand...

Peach
Pazol is not the best at Intrusion, nor is he the best with the Force.

However, that doesn't stop a blaster from suddenly being fired at you...

REXXXX
Galder will tumble off of his speederbike, glad that he wasn't going as crazily fast as he had been on his way here, letting the thing drift lazily across the sand.

He ignites his lightsaber and deflects the incoming blast, while snapping his pistol into his other hand.

Balanced Guard, Block, Gunslinger, take cover and use Coordination as Galder tries to figure out where the shot came from.

Peach
Your attacker was clearly not actually aiming to hit you, as the blaster bolt strikes the sand about a foot to your right.

A moment later, someone drops down from the canyon wall not far ahead of you.

"I saw you spot where I was," Pazol says gruffly. "Never wise to give someone the chance to attack. You're lucky."

REXXXX
Galder still stands poised behind the rock he chose, gun pointed at Pazol and lightsaber held up, ready to block.

"Never lower your guard, either," Galder says. He keeps his finger pressed tight on the trigger but does not squeeze off a shot, unsure if Pazol wants the lesson to continue.

Peach
"Who says I have?" Pazol replies; you can see he's still holding his own blaster and has his other hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. He watches you for a moment, before jerking his head behind him, to where the canyon ends in a large cave.

"Let's go. You're late."

REXXXX
Galder gives a curt nod before shutting off his lightsaber. However, it stays in his hand, as does his pistol, until he is absolutely sure that he is in the clear.

What kind of pistol does Pazol use? Is he any good?

Either way, Galder follows at a distance.

Peach
He uses a heavy blaster; he's lived out on the Rim for a long time and it's not always safe to wave around a lightsaber. He's not as good with a gun as he is with a saber, but he's certainly no slouch with it at all.

Pazol also does not put away his blaster, nor does he take his hand off of his lightsaber, as he enters his lair. The entrance to the cave opens up into a deceptively large area that is sparsely decorated; comfort is not something that he finds terribly important.

He enters and takes one of the few seats available, watching you he does so.

"I have something I must do," he states bluntly.

REXXXX
"And what's that, mentor?" Galder asks, declining to sit. He is always hesitant to call Pazol his Master.

Peach
"I will be going off-planet for several days. Possibly up to a week," he replies. "You will be staying here."

REXXXX
This makes Galder slightly aggravated.

"Why do I have to stay here?" Galder whines. "I always stay here! What is it you're doing that I can't go?"

Peach
"For starters, because you act like a child when you do not get your way, and I have no use for sniveling children," he snaps in response. "I have something I would rather you do here."

REXXXX
Galder is put out by the comment but does not push the point. Even as talented as he is, Pazol is still the more talented. For now.

"What would you have me do?" Galder asks.

Peach
"You are to stay here and work on meditation," Pazol says, watching you. "Do not complain that it is boring or useless. Even beings like us, who are more given to fighting than receiving visions from the Force, can benefit from it."

REXXXX
Galder sighs.

"Yeah, I guess," Galder says. "I can do that whenever I'm not working at the Doon farm. I already do sometimes. My father taught me a little of that."

Galder eyes Pazol's hand on his lightsaber.

"So. What is it that you're doing, then?"

Peach
"No, you misunderstand me. You are to stay here while I am away. They can do without you for a few days," he states. "There are enough supplies where you will not need to go into Mos Eisley or any of the other towns."

He glowers at you, as if he's trying to intimidate you; you also get the idea that he's all but daring you to disobey.

"Negotiating to replace some items that I need."

REXXXX
"Here in your cave?" Galder says. "Argh, okay. Whatever. I'll do it."

Peach
"Good. I will be leaving early in the morning," Pazol states. "I should only be gone four or five days, depending on what happens."

The idea of spending that long here, by yourself, makes you feel the need to scream...

REXXXX
He almost certainly is not going to do so.

Peach
That likely surprises no one!

Pazol has no particular training for you that night, he simply requests that you make sure his speeder is working properly, and to not waste time trying to trap it this time.

REXXXX
Galder will do as he is asked and make sure the speeder is running. He is sorely tempted to tamper with it, but he's better at fixing things than he is at breaking them in this way.

Peach
You've tried it in the past, of course, but usually it didn't go as you wanted and Pazol noticed it pretty quickly.

There's nothing else that Pazol has for you to do that evening; it is getting late, though.

REXXXX
Galder will go ahead and meditate, to appease his mentor. He sits in the mouth of the cave and closes his eyes, settling into the still-warm sand of the desert.

Peach
You sit down to meditate, then, gradually slipping into something of a trance...

Nothing comes to you, though, and at some point you drift off into sleep. The heat of the sun on your face wakes you up, and at some point in the night you shifted over so that you're leaning against the mouth of the cave. Not a terribly comfortable sleeping position.

Pazol has already left.

REXXXX
Galder wakes himself up and does a few stretches to get his body ready for the day, before ducking back into the cave to escape the morning heat. He decides to look through Pazol's stuff, wondering how someone can really be content living in a cave.

Peach
Pazol's something of an odd person. He made it clearly early on when he started training you that he doesn't like other people. Still, though, there's plenty of other ways to be off on your own without hiding in a cave, you'd think.

Not much of interest! He took his lightsaber and blaster with, of course, and he doesn't have much in the way of decor or the like. You find a couple of datapads and crystals, though.

REXXXX
Galder will investigate those!

Peach
Some of the stuff in encrypted; the things that you can access without fiddling around with trying to break codes is just...mundane stuff. News reports, both local and galactic, mostly. Some supply lists. That sort of thing.

REXXXX
Anything interesting going on in the news? Galder is always intrigued by news from the outside galaxy.

Peach
A planet in a sector not too far from Tatooine was destroyed when its sun went supernova recently, but other than that, the galaxy as a whole's been quite quiet lately.

Not much going on on Tatooine either, just notes of a few slave sales, nothing too interesting. Usual small stuff - report of a Tusken raider attack or two, but that's about it.

REXXXX
(Wouldn't be called Vataan, would it?)

Galder is blown away by that news and wonders why he didn't sense anything like that. Then again, he's not so attuned. Still, he feels that it is probably major galactic news and files it away in his mind.

Hmph. Maybe Galder could attend to those attacks, but he doesn't really want to go out of his way to help people out. He might be interested in the slave auctions, just to see what's going on in town. They're big events, he'd think.

Peach
(Nope!)

If you were better attuned to the Force, or the system closer - it is relatively near Tatooine, but still quite some distance away. The more terrible part of it is the fact that despite all attempts, the native refugees from the planet were so far unable to adapt to life elsewhere and were dying out in large numbers.

Most of the attacks weren't too near this area anyway, and up near Mos Espa. Still, the desert is dangerous, and just because there's been no trouble here doesn't mean it'll stay that way.

Going to town to check things out is certainly an option.

REXXXX
What was the name of the planet? Surely the Jedi or the Republic would step in to do something...

What other choices does Galder have, besides sitting on his ass as Pazol expects?

Peach
Shadda-Bi-Boran. The Republic did try to help, but the physiology of the natives meant they could not adapt to other planets or colonies.

Obviously, you can try to meditate for a while. You can go back to the Doons. You can go into Mos Eisley. Or you could practice with your blaster or saber or the Force...Galder currently has an amount of freedom he probably hasn't had before.

REXXXX
Galder is probably going to practice with his weapons for a little. Maybe he can find a womprat or two to hunt for sport.

Peach
If you wish! Some of the cities will pay a small amount for each one bagged and killed, the damn pests.

REXXXX
Nice. Galder can knock off a few before he heads to town, that way he has some spending money.

Peach
It wouldn't be too much, but anything is better than nothing.

To clarify first, what kind of speeder is it Galder has - a regular one or a bike? And do you intend to go hunting in the speeder itself or on foot?

REXXXX
It's a speeder bike, something fast and nimble but probably not armed or armored. Just meant to get him around quickly in the desert.

Galder is going to hunt on foot, anticipating that the womp rats will scatter if he goes after them with the loud engines.

Peach
Well, the bigger issue there would be that shooting and driving at the same time might be a bit difficult, but certainly a better idea there.

It doesn't take you much time - about twenty minutes walking, before you come across a small pack of the pests; about a half-dozen total. Hardly worth it, but better than nothing. At least there are no Sand People around.

REXXXX
Galder will try to creep up on the things, as not to spook them off.

With Presence he at least has an okay pool for Intrusion...

Peach
Will you be using your blaster or lightsaber?

REXXXX
Blaster. Don't want any questions asked.

Peach
Galder is able to easily sneak up on the ratty things, and kills two of them before they're even aware that they're there, and another two before they react. The remaining couple are apparently smart enough to try running instead of attacking you, though apparently they're not that smart since, well, running from a blaster doesn't really do much good.

All six are dead in just a moment.

However, you suddenly sense danger.

REXXXX
Galder furrows his brow and tries to sense where the danger is coming from, while looking for some kind of cover.

Peach
There's not much in the way of cover here, except for the dunes themselves and a few large rocks.

You think that...it's away. If you were to keep going in the direction you had been going to come out here, you would walk right into it.

It's not an immediate danger, but your faint sense of "not right" gets stronger as you wait longer.

REXXXX
Galder will blunder into said discomfort, then, wanting to know what it is that he is feeling and not content to wait for it to find him.

Peach
And so Galder ignores his senses telling him to get away and continues onward! You catch a flash - the sun reflecting off of something metallic - from over a dune, just a moment before your sense flares strongly enough that even you can't ignore it, and you drop to the ground.

Just before a blast passes where you were just standing.

Oh, hell. Sand People.

REXXXX
Galder's lip naturally pulls back into a snarl as he realizes that he is under attack by the Tusken Raiders that rove through Tatooine's deserts.

"Bad idea!" Galder yells at them, drawing his pistol and snapping it in the direction of the glare he saw. He starts shooting back while ducking behind the nearest form of cover he can locate.

BGu GS CC in please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.