Assassin's Creed III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/15/assassin-39-s-creed-3-release-date.aspx

YES.

General Kaliero
Pleasant surprise to be getting it a couple weeks early!

Digi
Jesus, I need to catch up with my video gaming. I still don't have Revelations.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Digi
Jesus, I need to catch up with my video gaming. I still don't have Revelations.

It's a good game but doesn't really add anything to the AC series.

Well then, I wonder who will be the next person we play with. To be honest I actually think it'd make sense to play with desmond even if he is boring as all get out.

Digi
It makes some decisions easier for me though. I'm going to forgo multiplayer entirely in AC:R and wait for ACIII. I will play through the campaign of ACR though.

They've said earlier that ACIII should bring about the closure of Desmond's arc. It was dev. talk from before ACR's release, so take it with a grain of salt. But that's probably where it's headed. They've also stated that they want to slow production time on the games after ACIII, which suggests it's a ending point in the story.

Smasandian
They should slow production on this series. The 4th game was stale.
I'm going to wait this one out until it gets super cheap.

Morridini
Well they had to have it out this year, as this game takes place near December 2012.

And contrary to popular opinion, I do enjoy Desmonds character and his story, so I hope a lot more of this game revolve around him.

BackFire
Originally posted by Smasandian
They should slow production on this series. The 4th game was stale.
I'm going to wait this one out until it gets super cheap.

Yep, this series is turning into another Call of Duty.

Smasandian
The thing is that the second game is such a great game. Revelations, while fun for a bit became incredibly stale after awhile.

Basically, I rather have another great game like the second one that takes a few years to make instead of a game that needs to be released because the story says it does.

Morridini
As far as I can tell they do spend sufficient time on the main entries of the series (apparently ACIII has been in the works for three years now), and Revelations seem like it can be skipped when it comes to overall story progression.

Smasandian
Maybe it has, I wouldn't know but the last two games were very similar to the second. They added stuff to the SP but it was just filler to me and in it didn't really make an impact.

wakkawakkawakka
Well Brotherhood was kind of needed to wrap up Ezio's revenge story but yeah Revalations could be skipped in the overall series.

I would've much rather waited until ACIII was announced then spend money on Revelations but curiosity got the better of me.

Peach
http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii

Honestly? It's likely true, and...I'm not that happy with it.

jalek moye
Just going off the picture and concept, I think it could be pretty cool, although a little different then the other games.

dadudemon
I must also catch up. However, the new game art looks promising.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
http://kotaku.com/5889489/is-this-the-star-of-assassins-creed-iii

Honestly? It's likely true, and...I'm not that happy with it.

I was honestly hoping the game would take place in Germany during WWII or something. American Revolution? That can work...I guess. Not too happy with the concept myself either and not just because I can't fight any Nazi Templars.

wakkawakkawakka
Well the concept art kind of confuses me on some parts. I mean if it's really leading up to that then that could make Desmond's origin's really confusing.

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I was honestly hoping the game would take place in Germany during WWII or something. American Revolution? That can work...I guess. Not too happy with the concept myself either and not just because I can't fight any Nazi Templars.

Why would they do WWII? They've stated before they were avoiding times that have been used frequently in games, and WWII is about the most cliche game setting you can get now.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well the concept art kind of confuses me on some parts. I mean if it's really leading up to that then that could make Desmond's origin's really confusing.

Ehhh, maybe, but no more than anything else, really. We know next to nothing so far, and there's no reason why descendents of new ancestor or Ezio or Altair couldn't have met and had a child. Desmond's going to have lots of ancestors, after all, not just the small handful featured in the games stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Go back 100 years and you have 8 ancestors. Another 100 years, it's 64. Really, ancestors are an easy thing to retroactively add, and out of 64 lines by the time of AC3, three is a miniscule number, and it's not really that confusing.

-Pr-
American Revolution? Don't really know how I feel about that, but it's been a while since I played the games, so I have catching up to do.

jalek moye
I think if they approach it right it'll be as good of a setting as any.

I had always thought this would be the Desmond game though, since its 2012 and all that jazz

dadudemon
Desmond was born in the US, right?

He can have a Native American ancestor AND an Italian one, too. No problems, there.

jalek moye
Yeah Desmond's an American So I assume this native american character is the child of one of eizos descendant and a native american. Or he hooks up with one of Eizo's descendents

Morridini
I really hope these leaks are fake, America doesn't have any interesting or cities to explore at that timeperiod. The modern day AC game I'll gladly see set in the US, but the 1800...

Peach
That's part of my issue with it, yeah - the fact that 18th century America really isn't going to have anything to explore or climb.

I've got no interest in a modern-day game or Desmond himself, though, so yeah.

dadudemon
*ahem*

Boston, in 1800, was one of the world's busiest trading ports and by far one of the wealthiest. The city bustled with life and diversity as international trade was common. It functioned as an economic hub for the nascent US. Population: 25,000.

New York City in 1800?

Well, it's much too big to be a map but it would work out quite well.

Observe:

http://www.history-map.com/picture/004/1800s-City-York-New.htm

The population of New York City in 1800 was 65,000. Hardly a small city.

Florence Italy during ACII? It was supposed to be a post-plague city so the population was aroun d 30,000 to 50,000.

Based on this, yes, we can have maps like the ones in AC II.

We can have better maps, even...with taller buildings, more variety in the buildings, more variety in people, etc.

Digi
Meh, execution is generally more important, but I agree that a march toward the present is leaving the more interesting time periods in gameplay terms.

Though I wouldn't mind playing as Desmond, only because they could do some amazing things with a modern setting. It might also be the infusion of change the series needs, since they could introduce modern gadgets and weapons and such, while still retaining the feel of the assassin.

Morridini
The official Assassin's Creed Facebook page just posted this;
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/ 421353_10150594294428068_6119163067_9102680_186421
5996_n.jpg

So I guess it's official then.

Peach
Originally posted by dadudemon

post is too long because you use too many unnecessary line breaks

The population isn't really the important part there, though. It's more the fact that early US cities were low and sprawling (hell, even now most are still that way), as well as lacking the historical sites that we're used to in the games.

Also, New York too big for a map? Did you play Brotherhood? Or anything beyond the start of AC2 since the only example you cite is Florence?

Anyway, appears this is official:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150594293448068.391304.6119163067&type=1

wakkawakkawakka
Okay since Desmond is American I guess it isn't that confusing concerning his origins. But the American Revolution is kind of boring at least compared to the sights of ACII or Brotherhood.

Well boring might be a bad word to describe it but I can't think of anything else right now.

General Kaliero
Underwhelming, is probably the word you're looking for.

I'm not decrying the game yet, but I lived in Boston for five years, and I already know this stuff. I would have much rather had an exotic setting.

BloodRain
I'm still concerned that the next time period, mainly for the modern setting but still for 1800, will made all the free running more difficult. Just not sure how an assassin will be scaling these more modern buildings or cover the un-leapable gaps between them.

A minor thing that they'll work around, but still..

Also my US history sucks, id its going to be during the american revolution was there a location or city that was vital during it?

Peach
Originally posted by BloodRain
I'm still concerned that the next time period, mainly for the modern setting but still for 1800, will made all the free running more difficult. Just not sure how an assassin will be scaling these more modern buildings or cover the un-leapable gaps between them.

A minor thing that they'll work around, but still..

Also my US history sucks, id its going to be during the american revolution was there a location or city that was vital during it?

Boston and New York were the biggest and probably most important cities at that time.

General Kaliero
Boston, New York, Philadelphia were the major cities of the period.

The coordinates given in The Da Vinci Disappearance, and confirmed to be the location of the Grand Temple in Revelations correspond to the village of Turin in upstate New York, north of Albany.

General G

Also, New York too big for a map? Did you play Brotherhood? Or anything beyond the start of AC2 since the only example you cite is Florence?

Anyway, appears this is official:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150594293448068.391304.6119163067&type=1

Have you been to any of those places in Brotherhood or Revelations??? Those maps in the games are significantly scaled down. I promise you that if you try to run across the rooftops of Constantinople in a single day, even back then, you would not be able to do it.

New York was huge back then. They would scale it down appropriately, making the buildings closer together. This could very easily be done. As others have said, climbing trees and cliffs and running through forests would be a nice shift from the places we've already been in.

Also, playing as a Native American with tomahawks and scalping people (you know it'll be in there) will be amazing and highly appeals to me.

And if you're reeeeeeally that worried about it, P, there could easily be missions in both Britain and France during this same time period. Natives from the America's went over to Europe to negotiate with the proper authorities (see Joseph Brant: best known American-Indian during the Revolution). There is literally SO MUCH that could be done with this game. I'm very happy with this.

Ushgarak
A lot will depend on what year it is set in. If during the Revolutionary era, New York was pretty small and with a population below 15th century Florence. A lot changed in a short time post-Revolution.

Scale won't be an issue; architectural dullness might be trickier.

BloodRain
The forest part sounds more Predator than Assassin. Not as a main theme, could be nice for a side thing.

...urm, can someone post whats on that Facebook link? ermmfrown

Peach
Pictures of the cover art for the game.

Originally posted by General G
Have you been to any of those places in Brotherhood or Revelations??? Those maps in the games are significantly scaled down. I promise you that if you try to run across the rooftops of Constantinople in a single day, even back then, you would not be able to do it.

New York was huge back then. They would scale it down appropriately, making the buildings closer together. This could very easily be done. As others have said, climbing trees and cliffs and running through forests would be a nice shift from the places we've already been in.

Also, playing as a Native American with tomahawks and scalping people (you know it'll be in there) will be amazing and highly appeals to me.

And if you're reeeeeeally that worried about it, P, there could easily be missions in both Britain and France during this same time period. Natives from the America's went over to Europe to negotiate with the proper authorities (see Joseph Brant: best known American-Indian during the Revolution). There is literally SO MUCH that could be done with this game. I'm very happy with this.

New York was most definitely not huge back then. Not even close. Maybe compared to other cities in the Colonial US, but certainly it was nothing compared to the cities we're used to playing in in the AC series. And as far as size? Even New York today isn't as big as Rome, though they're pretty close.

And no kidding it's not to scale, but they are also dead-on accurate. Have you ever compared AC maps to real life maps of those cities? They match up almost perfectly.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
A lot will depend on what year it is set in. If during the Revolutionary era, New York was pretty small and with a population below 15th century Florence. A lot changed in a short time post-Revolution.

Scale won't be an issue; architectural dullness might be trickier.

Architectural dullness basically sums it up perfectly.

I'm hoping that, story-wise, it starts out several years before the war and leads up to that actually taking place; the cover art makes it clear that at least some of the game takes place during the war but I think that the short time period that the actual war was going on is just too short for the sort of story they like to do. I mean, AC2 took place over two decades.

ares834
Actually, the more I think about this the more excited I get. Jumping from tree to tree while killling red coats does sound like a good time.

BloodRain
Red coats.... red coats....... Ah crap thats us >-<

Anyhow, wouldn't them going into trees be a step back modern-wise? Personally think the tech to interact with trees is ahead of what they have now.

Would like to see a small section where you play as Adam.

Peach
http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/03/02/assassins-creed-iii-first-details/

Leaked info.

Feeling a bit better about it; takes place over a span of 20 years so there's plenty of time in-game to build up a story that makes you actually care.

Phanteros
Awesome. I wonder what the new Assasin's personality might be?

srankmissingnin
Damn it... looks like Ubisoft might get my money again. I've been incredibly disappointed with every single Assassins Creed game but it looks like I'm going to give them one more shot to wow me. I'm a huge fan of history and historical fiction, and I think the American Revolution is a fascinating period that I haven't seen explored much in historical fiction, I just hope they can execute this better than before. How about some cool and compelling villains this time Ubi? Everyone knows a hero is only as good as their enemies, and so far they've all been lame.

Digi
I hope they make the founding fathers have slaves, which would be historically accurate for some of them, and this Connor frees them.

Final boss: Benjamin Franklin with a pocket-sized Tesla Coil. Messing with history is awesome!

Phanteros
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m09l513OPO1qbn3hqo3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1330794794&Signature=bhQiEzEncim6j5C8NC%2FhcpIpDyQ%3D

this should despell rumors of the Assassin being pro America.

KingD19
That looks like Washington.(I think) If it is, then he's not killing him. Because they said Conner and George's relationship is one of the main things of the game.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Phanteros
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m09l513OPO1qbn3hqo3_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1330794794&Signature=bhQiEzEncim6j5C8NC%2FhcpIpDyQ%3D

Yeah, no, they specifically say he's fighting for the American side of the conflict.

I wanted him to be between the sides, like Altair was in AC1, but there you go.

Demonic Phoenix

He shouldn't really be on the side of America per se, not unless there weren't any Templars affiliated with the Americans, which I find lulzy. That said, according to this, he does have major ties to America.

Also, for a moment, I thought that that was Napoleon Bonaparte. Must be the hand.

KingD19
Well the Templars have ties with every race and even most affiliations.

Al-Mualim himself, the head of the Assassin Order was a Templar.

And since he's taken the name Conner, he's one of those natives that wants to be accepted by America.

General Kaliero
Washington was a Freemason, which in the AC universe is connected to the Templars. So there is some chance of him and, obviously, other Americans, being connected to the Templars in some way.

And it's not like no other Americans have been notable Templars. Edison and Ford were both noted as Templars back in AC2.

KingD19
Yeah, Edison ruined Tesla.

Phanteros
Conner? Why name the Assasin after hounds? I thought they had a Eagle theme going on. He should be name Antin or something like that.

KingD19
That's his chosen American name. His native name may very well mean Eagle or something.

Nephthys

KingD19
Another site says the colon is included. -shrugs-

Nephthys
Wierd name.

Phanteros
I googled the name to know what it means but I can't find anything. I guess they ditched the Eagle theme.

Peach
Well, it's not like Desmond's name has anything to do with eagles/hawks/birds of prey...

Also Desmond and Connor are both names of Irish origin.

General Kaliero
Connor's name traditionally means "Lover of Wolves," or "Wolf Kin," so if he's taken it by choice it might carry some personal significance for him on his Native American side.

No idea what his Mohawk name means, though.

Peach
There's also the point that it says that Connor is going to be more of a predator in how he fights; Ezio and Altair's methods reflected the fact that both were named for birds of prey - they both mainly stuck with fast hit-and-run tactics - get in fast, strike hard, get away.

Whereas Connor's name reflects that he is not that sort. What we've seen and been told shows that he's more of a hunter that'll actively and hunt down his prey...more like a wolf would.

It's less that there's a theme to their names, and more that their names reflect their styles.

Peach
Bit more stuff here:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721351/assassins-creed-3-details-leak-gameplay-characters-settings-weapons-and-more-revealed/

BloodRawEngine
I saw deer-hunting. It looks like it'd fit with your name-reflects-style explanation.

Smasandian
I think this is perfect setting for this game.

Any setting in Europe/Middle East would of been old news. It would of felt like the last 4 games.

Having it in this time period and area is a perfect way of getting some new fresh paint for the franchise. I'm just hopping game play has received equal freshness and not just the same old.

Peach
...how the hell does 12th century Israel and Syria feel anything like Renaissance Italy?

The first game doesn't even feel like part of the series any longer.

General Kaliero
For that matter, 18th century France would have been as far a cry from 16th century Italy as Italy was from 12th century Israel.

KingD19
I think what he meant was, if the game took place in Europe or the Middle East like AS1, ASII, ASB, and ASR, it would have felt the same as the last 4 since it was in the same location.. Not that 1 felt anything like 2-B and R.

General Kaliero
I got what he meant, I just think what he meant is illogical.

jalek moye
All these details are making this game sound really epic

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by General Kaliero
For that matter, 18th century France would have been as far a cry from 16th century Italy as Italy was from 12th century Israel.

Bastards should include the French Revolution in this game.

BloodRain
Was America back that that different from Italy and the rest of Europe? It doesnt look that different from AC2+. That is, besides the wider streets...

Peach
Originally posted by KingD19
I think what he meant was, if the game took place in Europe or the Middle East like AS1, ASII, ASB, and ASR, it would have felt the same as the last 4 since it was in the same location.. Not that 1 felt anything like 2-B and R.

The thing is...that's just silly. Europe is not all one homogenous place. It would still be on the same continent but it also would be very different.

General Kaliero
Was America back that that different from Italy and the rest of Europe? It doesnt look that different from AC2+. That is, besides the wider streets...
Because of the expansionist attitude of New World colonials, American cities tended to grow outward instead of up, and because of the relatively limited supplies and labor, buildings were simpler and, in general, smaller.

While cities like Rome, London, and Paris are very dense, buildings on top of others, with the maximum use of the existing space, New York, Boston, as far out as Los Angeles were sprawling, wide city areas until the relatively recent development of skyscrapers.

Where I live now, San Antonio, is a prime example of just this sort of thing. When my family moved here, our newly-built neighborhood would best be described as "rural," and the fringes of the city were half an hour's drive away. Now, the city's grown outwards to meet us, and the same convenience that was a fair drive away is now practically on our doorstep. And that's only over a period of eight years. At the same time, the only tall buildings are historic downtown, which is a mere few square miles. The rest of the city is sprawling and low.

Smasandian
I'm well aware of that fact. If not then I'm an idiot and never went outside my house in Canada.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Bastards should include the French Revolution in this game. They'll probably give Connor the Ezio treatment and have him featured in the french revolution in the next game of him and probably have The Terror in it as well.

BloodRain
And the freerunning fears are back.

Christ Im learning more history here then all the years at school. So the area will probably be like the area around the Florence Cathedral?

General Kaliero
They'll probably give Connor the Ezio treatment and have him featured in the french revolution in the next game of him and probably have The Terror in it as well.
Actually, I would like that a lot. Connor could be some sort of American delegate to France, and then discover a Templar plot that sets off the Revolution. It would be similar to Revelations, thematically, without the constrictions of having to end two character stories.

I don't expect it to happen, but it would be rather cool.

Phanteros
They probably do it rather than just creating a new character for that time period. Because I can't see them moving on and not do the French Revolution.

Phanteros
http://www.abload.de/img/1dijze.jpg

Connor fighting whoever that is without a hood.

wakkawakkawakka
That doesn't really look like a fight but whatever.

I'm more interested in exactly how Desmond and friends plan to stop the supposed Apocalypse by using memories from said ancestor from the American Revolution. Just seems weird and kind of like a side trip but I guess it can be important.

General Kaliero
That doesn't really look like a fight but whatever.

I'm more interested in exactly how Desmond and friends plan to stop the supposed Apocalypse by using memories from said ancestor from the American Revolution. Just seems weird and kind of like a side trip but I guess it can be important.
Um... they need his memories to figure out how to open the Grand Temple?

Pretty obvious, I think.

KingD19
That also looks like Connor at a very young age. Late childhood or pre-teens.

wakkawakkawakka
Um... they need his memories to figure out how to open the Grand Temple?

Pretty obvious, I think.

But I thought Desmond already got a clue where to look. I mean wasn't that supposed to be the big thing in Revelations?

Unless of course Connor is that clue, which is kind of inconvinient especially with the supposed time crunch the Assasins are in.

General Kaliero
Where to look yes. How to get in, not necessarily. Like how Ezio knew where Altair's Library was, but needed keys to open it.

Barker
Box art looks amazing.

I bought II last September and never played it. (haermm)

A friend said 1 isn't really required for the story, is that true? Might fire it up tonight if so.

Peach
Nope, not really. It sets up the Desmond storyline but that's explained anyway.

wakkawakkawakka
Well even if Ac1 is rather unecessary now I still like Altair.

My main concern for this game is that it has two this to accomplish:1) Ubisoft has to flesh out this Connor guy and 2) Finish Desmond's storyline since this is rumored to be the last game featuring him IIRC.

Peach
BSa0Xg-YadY

batdude123
CAN'T WAIT! ha-som

Phanteros
No epic music? sad

wakkawakkawakka
Er....I didn't see a hidden gun and whatnot.

I do wonder exactly how Connor learned about the Assasin's and their Creed.

Peach
No epic music? sad

This was just a short teaser trailer. It's not the big CG one that we'll probably get around E3 like usual (this one wasn't even CG - that's all done by the in-game engine). So I'm sure they'll have some sweet music for us next time around big grin

Er....I didn't see a hidden gun and whatnot.

I do wonder exactly how Connor learned about the Assasin's and their Creed.

Number one, why show off weapons that we already know exist and have had for several games now?

Number two, if you didn't see a hidden gun...you didn't actually watch the trailer...at about 28 seconds, Connor's clearly got a tomahawk in one hand and a dagger in the other, and then shoots the soldier he's fighting. Hello there, hidden gun, nice to see you (again).

wakkawakkawakka
Number one, why show off weapons that we already know exist and have had for several games now?

Number two, if you didn't see a hidden gun...you didn't actually watch the trailer...at about 28 seconds, Connor's clearly got a tomahawk in one hand and a dagger in the other, and then shoots the soldier he's fighting. Hello there, hidden gun, nice to see you (again).

The hidden gun wasn't a big deal, I was just commenting on not seeing it is all. Besides since he already has a hidden blade, I guess a hidden gun wouldn't be to far behind. Along with this considering how the hidden gun was kind of a big step foward when first introduced, the tomahawk seems like a step backwards in the tech department.

That aside, Connor's equipment issue is a rather small problem compared to the bigger questions I have about this game ranging from simple thing such as how Connor became an Assasin to concerns about how will the upcoming apocalypes turn out and exactly how will Connor's knowledge be helpful.

Peach
The hidden gun wasn't a big deal, I was just commenting on not seeing it is all. Besides since he already has a hidden blade, I guess a hidden gun wouldn't be to far behind. Along with this considering how the hidden gun was kind of a big step foward when first introduced, the tomahawk seems like a step backwards in the tech department.

That aside, Connor's equipment issue is a rather small problem compared to the bigger questions I have about this game ranging from simple thing such as how Connor became an Assasin to concerns about how will the upcoming apocalypes turn out and exactly how will Connor's knowledge be helpful.

But - like I said. You do see him use the hidden gun. It's there and he's using it in that trailer.

Tomahawk will probably be his main (non-hidden blade) weapon, like how Ezio and Altair both were swordsmen. It's not a step back at all, it's just different.

(and really...who uses the hidden gun in-game anyway? Such a cheap weapon. Give me throwing knives or the crossbow any day.)

We basically know nothing so far, so have a bit of patience.

Edit: Okay, GK points out that it looks more like he's shooting the soldier with his own rifle.

BloodRain
^That wasnt his hidden gun, that was the other guys rifle. Can see him hit the trigger with his tomahawk.
Edit: Dammit GK >_>

Makes me wonder if we'll see the hidden blade or gun. The blade especially is more an 'eagle' thing. I'm waiting for Connor to show off his hidden tomahawk, all unfolding from his wrist :3

Demonic Phoenix

Looks like you didn't actually watch the trailer either. He does not use his Hidden Gun. Connor fired the Soldier's own rifle after impaling him. Never mind the fact that his possession of two Flintlocks makes a Hidden gun all but useless.

EDIT: Dammit BR & GK.

^That wasnt his hidden gun, that was the other guys rifle. Can see him hit the trigger with his tomahawk.
Edit: Dammit GK >_>

Makes me wonder if we'll see the hidden blade or gun. The blade especially is more an 'eagle' thing. I'm waiting for Connor to show off his hidden tomahawk, all unfolding from his wrist :3

The Hidden Blade will definitely appear. It's the trademark of the series after all.

Also, we should be able to throw that Tomahawk of his. Would be ossum.

Peach
Looks like you didn't actually watch the trailer either. He does not use his Hidden Gun. Connor fired the Soldier's own rifle after impaling him. Never mind the fact that his possession of two Flintlocks makes a Hidden gun all but useless.

EDIT: Dammit BR & GK.

The Hidden Blade will definitely appear. It's the trademark of the series after all.

Also, we should be able to throw that Tomahawk of his. Would be ossum.

I've watched it like a dozen times now. It's quick enough where I didn't catch it until I essentially frame-by-framed it stick out tongue Messed up there.

Honestly, if it is gone, then big deal. We get a freaking bow. I am totally going to sit up in the trees and shoot all the things with it. Crossbow is my favorite weapon in ACB and ACR, so I am beyond happen with having a regular longbow to play with.

It looks like you can see the hidden blade strapped to the inside of his arm in the cover art, and throwing the tomahawk? Yes please. I love throwing weapons big grin

BloodRain
In that case we might be seeing a more combat version of the blade. And no to throwing. I lost some good heavy weapons from throwing them and not being able to find them again..

And I oppose the past me, running through the trees would be a plus.

Peach
But throwing the heavy two-handed swords is the funniest thing ever!

And personally I meant more along the lines of replacing the throwing knives with smaller axes. Would be fun big grin

General Kaliero
From what I can find, Rakohnhake:ton loosely translates to "He who hunts," and the "hake" portion is similar to some Native American words for hawk. So it's a good bet that the name is meant to mean "bird of prey" or something similar.

Digi
I'm getting on board with this. A change of scenery is needed for the franchise. Their chosen setting is as good as any I suppose, and watching Connor hop through trees seems fun. Like, hunting in a forest...that could be good times.

Peach
I thought running through trees was going to be stupid until I actually saw that...now I'm totally all for it.

Especially since one of his weapons is a freaking longbow.

I hope we get a collector's edition in the US this year.

From what I can find, Rakohnhake:ton loosely translates to "He who hunts," and the "hake" portion is similar to some Native American words for hawk. So it's a good bet that the name is meant to mean "bird of prey" or something similar.

Figured it'd be something like that!

Arachnid1

Peach

Demonic Phoenix
I've watched it like a dozen times now. It's quick enough where I didn't catch it until I essentially frame-by-framed it stick out tongue Messed up there.

Honestly, if it is gone, then big deal. We get a freaking bow. I am totally going to sit up in the trees and shoot all the things with it. Crossbow is my favorite weapon in ACB and ACR, so I am beyond happen with having a regular longbow to play with.

It looks like you can see the hidden blade strapped to the inside of his arm in the cover art, and throwing the tomahawk? Yes please. I love throwing weapons big grin

Using a bow and arrows will be sweet, and Connor uses his left hand to draw arrows, so that is a neat touch IMO.
Honestly though, I would have preferred the Crossbow, as it is one-handed, but this is a welcome change. Throwing Knives might make a return too, but I didn't see any on Connor.

Yeah, wouldn't really be an AC game without the Hidden Blade.
Same here. I love walking up to a group of enemies and tossing a spear/axe/greatsword at one of them. Was lulzy.

In that case we might be seeing a more combat version of the blade. And no to throwing. I lost some good heavy weapons from throwing them and not being able to find them again..

And I oppose the past me, running through the trees would be a plus.

Throwing heavy weapons is awesome though. Throwing a Tomahawk would be class.

Of course it would be. I think free solo climbing is there as well?

Peach
If you ever want to have some fun in ACR, then go into Cappadocia, start killing guards, and then just have fun. They spawn endlessly and lots of them carry around heavy weapons. It is far too entertaining.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Will do.

~ Also looks like Horses will be returning. Missed them in ACR.

BloodRain
Still have no clue to how they'll make the trees intractable, just sounds like a ton of data.

No hidden gun or crossbow (Y) As much as I loved the crossbow it made things too simple. Near instant kill with the knives, instant with the gun, faster with the crossbow and an even easier range-game with the bombs.

Knives were the only thing needed. Liking the bow though as it wont be a rapid, quick-draw ranged weapon

Demonic Phoenix
Still have no clue to how they'll make the trees intractable, just sounds like a ton of data.

No hidden gun or crossbow (Y) As much as I loved the crossbow it made things too simple. Near instant kill with the knives, instant with the gun, faster with the crossbow and an even easier range-game with the bombs.

Knives were the only thing needed. Liking the bow though as it wont be a rapid, quick-draw ranged weapon

Maybe something similar to the Lifts with the interactivity of planks/poles put in i.e. Approach a tree, and Connor automatically and quickly climbs to the top of the tree which is used for traversal.

Pretty sure the Gun was more powerful than the Crossbow. Was evident when you used them against the Papal Guards and Borgia Tower Captains. Didn't matter though, seeing as most enemies could be one-shotted by either.
Not sure about AC:R though. Janissaries definitely could not be one-shotted by either. They were uber for AC enemies.

Eh, I think it will be at least as fast as the Hidden Gun in terms of firing capacity.

BloodRain
I suggest people check the wiki page. Some interesting pieces of info, if its sound that is.

Maybe something similar to the Lifts with the interactivity of planks/poles put in i.e. Approach a tree, and Connor automatically and quickly climbs to the top of the tree which is used for traversal.

Pretty sure the Gun was more powerful than the Crossbow. Was evident when you used them against the Papal Guards and Borgia Tower Captains. Didn't matter though, seeing as most enemies could be one-shotted by either.
Not sure about AC:R though. Janissaries definitely could not be one-shotted by either. They were uber for AC enemies.

Eh, I think it will be at least as fast as the Hidden Gun in terms of firing capacity.
That'd work fine but itd take away from the free mobility that you get on buildings.

No idea, never used ranged unless necessary :I far too OP. Thats good enough, theres just something champ about that long bow..

Demonic Phoenix
I suggest people check the wiki page. Some interesting pieces of info, if its sound that is.

That'd work fine but itd take away from the free mobility that you get on buildings.

No idea, never used ranged unless necessary :I far too OP. Thats good enough, theres just something champ about that long bow..

Trees aren't the same as buildings though. stick out tongue Besides, with the way he is shown moving through trees, I'm guessing branches will function as beams/planks/poles/swinging poles depending on their size.

Yeah.
Also, in addition to his pistols, Connor can also use rifles. Heh.

And I'm digging the Blue on his costume.

Zack Fair
So i guess we will finish Desmond's story sometime in the mid 2020s.

BloodRain
You would, Yankee estahuh

Hm, that wouldnt be so hard to input. But nowhere near as cool as full interaction :<

Its the seasonal chance that has me.

I hope they mean the AC3 series will end the Desmond story, not this game alone.

Demonic Phoenix

Peach
Originally posted by Zack Fair
So i guess we will finish Desmond's story sometime in the mid 2020s.

Wrong.

BloodRain

Demonic Phoenix
If you're America's top hat, you're still American ahah

If its going to have Connor's 10 year plot with Desmond and his conclusion story, the game must be huge. Like AC2+ACR size. Personally I'd rather this game start the final conclusion and have another game end it. Not just to get another game out of the serie, but I feel the final game plot should be greater than the 3 game spanning AC2 plot.

Nay, I'm North American, not American, like you are European, but not German. uhuh (I think you are British?)

I wouldn't mind Connor having three games to finish his story like Ezio did. Desmond's arc has to end in AC3 though.

Peach
Nay, I'm North American, not American, like you are European, but not German. uhuh (I think you are British?)

I wouldn't mind Connor having three games to finish his story like Ezio did. Desmond's arc has to end in AC3 though.

I would totally be fine with that.

General Kaliero
They have said AC3 will be bigger than any of the previous games.

BloodRain
N.A is to American like Britain is /not/ to Germany 313

Technically wouldn't these three hypothetical games still be classed as AC3, like the others were to AC2?

Wonder if they can make this double the size of one of the other games.

Peach
You have to wonder what they mean by bigger, though.

Like, size-wise, Brotherhood was much larger than AC2, and technically there was more to do, but the story itself was much shorter.

AC3 is obviously going to be bigger in size, but is the story going to be bigger as well?

I am curious what multiplayer changes they're going to make, since the consensus is the changes they made for Revelations were rather a mixed bag - some good, some terrible. I hope they combine the good from both Brotherhood and Revelations and make it awesome.

Badabing
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/15/assassin-39-s-creed-3-release-date.aspx

YES. I can't wait! woot

BloodRain
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-09-assassins-creed-3-will-be-back-to-basics

Some info, plus this pic of the younger Conner before becoming as Assassin;
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_279568_thumb_wide940.jpg

Phanteros
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81/Gn4rk1ll/1469x-1.jpg

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_280347_thumb_wide940.jpg

I jizzed.

wakkawakkawakka
Still more interested in how this ties into the Grand Temple more than anything.

Demonic Phoenix
wzcgyO-BrJU

Meh.

Also: http://kotaku.com/5896386/50-things-about-assassins-creed-iii-that-you-should-know

Peach
Of course those CEs are not for the US miffed

Digi
"Freedom Edition"

lol

Phanteros
Of course those CEs are not for the US miffed Maybe NA players can import the CEs.

Demonic Phoenix
Screens showing the Winter settings and Connor stalking a deer.

http://h11.abload.de/img/2m7kei.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/3o6k9b.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/1h5kjw.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/5gakc4.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/4t9jcr.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/7wzj6e.jpg
http://h11.abload.de/img/665k0n.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
P_aIfCUrEfs

Bullmonkéy
Yay! No tower defense!

BloodRawEngine
A de-tatchable hidden blade.

Mind. Blown.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

Mind. Blown. Wow, I didn't even notice that. That is damn cool.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine

Mind. Blown.

Yeah, that was kewl.

Demonic Phoenix
kRKfvbDduc8

Peach
Sweeeeet.

BloodRain
Just sexy. Would like to see some of the city and this record breaking crowd number next.

'Red coat? Blue coat? Bear coat? I'll kill them all'

Nemesis X
I was looking around the internet and found something interesting.

Duck and cover, people. Peach and GK are about to flip s**t. But seriously, I'm not happy with this either no expression

ares834
I can't speak on whether Ubi stole his ideas or not but stopping the release seems absurd. Why not ask for a couple more million that way every one is better off?

BloodRain
Oh yeah, forgot to post that. Well nothings been said of it since, and they've been going through things (like trailers and interviews) like its not bothering them.

Nemesis X
Oh yeah, forgot to post that. Well nothings been said of it since, and they've been going through things (like trailers and interviews) like its not bothering them.

Overconfidence perhaps?

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I was looking around the internet and found something interesting.

Duck and cover, people. Peach and GK are about to flip s**t. But seriously, I'm not happy with this either no expression

I don't see anything coming of it. The concept isn't exactly an original one, and it's been used in stories and the like before his book was written, so if he wants to sue for plagiarism, he's got to recognize that he's potentially a plagiarist as well.

BackFire
Yeah, it's bogus. Nothing will happen. People sue people all the time, there's no way they will successfully block the release of a game like this. Not happening.

Demonic Phoenix
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/31/assassins-creed-3-ubiworkshop-edition-has-500-pages-for-100/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/05/asscreed3.jpg

Phanteros
underwhelming....

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah, it is pretty laem.

2nd edition for the Encyclopaedia. Bah.

BloodRain
I suggest people read up on subject 4's story. His rank, mentions and being the guy that injects you in ACR multiplayer, imo it says he's going to be a deadly foe for Desmond.

Demonic Phoenix
-pUhraVG7Ow
gZrklEy9ohQ

Demonic Phoenix
Naval Gameplay:

TpBL-g9-Ss4

Peach
Want.

So much.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>