Steve Rogers vs. Bruce Wayne: Willpower Edt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Which of the two possesses the greater willpower?

srankmissingnin
Cap. He never became addicted to Venom. cool

Starscream M
bruce wayne...steve is a pussy compared to bruce

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
bruce wayne...steve is a pussy compared to bruce

Real question here.

Do you really think that Steve is "pussy" compared to Bruce, or are you just having fun?

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Real question here.

Do you really think that Steve is "pussy" compared to Bruce, or are you just having fun? im exaggerating duh...jeez jake you're kinda dense.

but i do think bruce has stronger willpower.

JakeTheBank
im exaggerating duh...jeez jake you're kinda dense.

but i do think bruce has stronger willpower.

I felt I had to ask based on some of the more...questionable things you've stated.

That's cool. What instances come to mind?

Starscream M
I felt I had to ask based on some of the more...questionable things you've stated.

That's cool. What instances come to mind? their lifestyles....bruce has a much tougher lifestyle

the Darkone
their lifestyles....bruce has a much tougher lifestyle

So does Steve, they are even!!

abhilegend
Steve but not by much.

JakeTheBank

How so?

srankmissingnin

Batman lives an alternative live style.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aWNUoaQmjqo/SZOdgfXD2bI/AAAAAAAAFOQ/0U0IFcsu4DE/s400/batman6-1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Batbed.png

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_capisag.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_capisag2.jpg

8bEMWL_8SlU

Starscream M
How so? batman is wealthy as phuck, but he doesn't enjoy his wealth at all. he lives a solitary life and is forced to keep two personas.

JakeTheBank
batman is wealthy as phuck, but he doesn't enjoy his wealth at all. he lives a solitary life and is forced to keep two personas.

Not sure how that's a harder life than Steve?

psycho gundam
peter parker is broke AF and could have cashed out long ago using his powers, but for the most part chose the greater good. 1-up'd

Starscream M
Not sure how that's a harder life than Steve? he lost his parents...most would've just lived a wealthy luxurious life to cope, but he took the hardest path possible, to become a crimefighter who wouldn't kill

steve has a much more straightforward life...he was a skinny kid who got lucky and got the serum and became a hero, many others in his circumstance wouldve done the same.

Nietzschean
he's was a skinny kid who had heart who never gave up and was willing to face death to serve his country with the experimental serum. he has mental fortitude.

exceptional willpower.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_capisag.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_capisag2.jpg

FUv1ELA7XTI

Fixed

Prep-Man
About equal.

Raptor22
I'd give the slight edge to Bruce. I'm not sure if it's a will power feat but after everything the joker has put him thru, beating Jason to death, paralyzing Barbara etc... he has had, I guess the will to not kill him after all these years. He's even saved his life several times to uphold his code.

Caps Conscience
CAP

ozz81
this is a tuff one, but great thread, yeah probably wayne as they say he has an iron will and never backs down i guess and is resourcefull always finds a quick solution under pressure like in his new 52 detective action comics he managed to escape the doll maker and his mob as he got injected by some drug that numbed or stunned half his body etc at the same time weas badly wounded, same could probably be said about steve ...

quanchi112
Steve.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by ozz81
this is a tuff one, but great thread, yeah probably wayne as they say he has an iron will and never backs down i guess and is resourcefull always finds a quick solution under pressure like in his new 52 detective action comics he managed to escape the doll maker and his mob as he got injected by some drug that numbed or stunned half his body etc at the same time weas badly wounded, same could probably be said about steve ...

He had another great showing in #6, but he's always had a strong will compared to the rest of the league like Superman and Hal.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by psycho gundam
peter parker is broke AF and could have cashed out long ago using his powers, but for the most part chose the greater good. 1-up'd

This. Plus he lost his parents, too.

cdtm
Tie.

Cap didn't break against Korvac, and Bruce didn't break against Desaad.

Hyperion Prime
Steve Rogers wins this hands down.

Juntai
Bruce

Doon
Bruce

carver9
Cap

iceman24567
Cap

BruceSkywalker
good match.. bruce but not by much

Silent Master
Originally posted by iceman24567
Cap

thumb up

godking
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Cap. He never became addicted to Venom. cool He was on drugs for a short time in the streets of poison storyline.

Though he never knowingly injected himself with drugs as Bruce did.

Placidity
Bruce wins decisively.

Ask yourselves this: Bruce/Capt get tortured by Jack Bauer to reveal some information.

Who cracks first?

Originally posted by Nietzschean
he's was a skinny kid who had heart who never gave up and was willing to face death to serve his country with the experimental serum. he has mental fortitude.

exceptional willpower.

That's not exactly willpower, more just having strong character to me.

If you want to go that route...

Bruce has had the harder, more tragic life, there is no denying it. Capt is a celebrated hero, while Bruce who lost much before and after he became Batman is a vigilante, and sometimes hunted. Bruce is also a loner, attributed to his experiences few can truly understand, he has few friends he can truly confide in. Which character requires greater "will" to carry on - ceaselessly night after night in a dark and cruel city that he knows he will never really cleanse but does it anyway? Its obvious to me.

animale
I think Bruce has a small advantage here,he needs to train harder in order to keep himself in peak condition,he has no serum to help him heal faster than average man when he get beaten.

Cogito
Who tries harder and who has had a harder life =/= who has more willpower.

I'd give Steve the slight edge here.

Newjak
Realistically, this is tie. Willpower defines both of these characters, if you switched them around they would both probably come out the same.

As for whose had it easier, don't forget the Cap was frozen for a long time and when awoke had to come into a world where most of his friends and family were dead, and he was a man out of time and he still persevered.

I don't call that a cake walk.

Existere
Being a superhero is -usually- a job that requires a high level of willpower in the first place. They're constantly put through hell and back in a myriad of different ways and all kinds of horror, stacked against the most ridiculous odds, etc.

Bruce and Steve are each at the top of this willpower-fueled game, and at their level, it's pretty impossible to make a distinction between them since neither are ever written as anything but absolutely strong-willed.

Dum Dum Dugan

That's cool. What instances come to mind?
Though I disagree with you frequently. Your question to Bruce was valid and I support it 100%.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Placidity
Bruce wins decisively.

no he doesent

Ask yourselves this: Bruce/Capt get tortured by Jack Bauer to reveal some information.

Who cracks first?
Niether. Not sure why you assume capt would crack first seem rather rediculous.

If you want to go that route...

Bruce has had the harder, more tragic life, there is no denying it.

I disagree. It not really as more tragic as you imply. his family was killed true which is tragic.But everyone capt new was dead pretty much after he was unfrozen. Also Bruce is friggin billioniare and celebratory. His life is not nearly as bad as your making it sound.

Capt is a celebrated hero, while Bruce who lost much before and after he became Batman is a vigilante, and sometimes hunted.
Capt was at one time the most wanted man in the USA. When has batman ever been the msot wanted man in the USA?

Bruce is also a loner,

irrelevent to the arguement.

attributed to his experiences few can truly understand, he has few friends he can truly confide in.

Capt was frozen for 40 years and pretty much every person he new was dead or in there 80's when he was unfrozen........there is far less if any people who can understand that experience in comics...........while there are numerous people in the real world and in comics who can relate to Batman experience.........

I really think you over looking what capt gone through and using batman gone through worse simply because it billed as a darker character.

Which character requires greater "will" to carry on - ceaselessly night after night in a dark and cruel city that he knows he will never really cleanse but does it anyway? Its obvious to me.

It pretty obvious to me you don't have much knowledge of capt..........

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

It pretty obvious to me you don't have much knowledge of capt.......... ah...the typical dum dum tactic...accuse someone of ignorance when they disagree with you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Starscream M
Though I disagree with you frequently. Your question to Bruce was valid and I support it 100%. what the hell was the point of this pointless post? confused

Omega Vision
Steve is a pussy compared to Bruce.

Get at me, Jake.

Dum Dum Dugan
what the hell was the point of this pointless post? confused
The point that his question was valid given your moronic history of retarded statments.

Dum Dum Dugan
ah...the typical dum dum tactic...accuse someone of ignorance when they disagree with you roll eyes (sarcastic)

what the hell was the point of this pointless post? confused

abhilegend

laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Wolverine trumps them both

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Get at me, Jake.

sneer

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine trumps them both

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Get at me, Jake.

http://www.mediashow.ro/show/347633-2/batman-and-robin-kiss.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/BestGif.gif

iceman24567
Wolverine trumps them both I knew this was coming sooner or later erm

godking
Wolverine trumps them both The same Wolverine who has been brainwashed at least a dozen times ?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by godking
The same Wolverine who has been brainwashed at least a dozen times ?

Hey!
On other occasions, he resist some of the most powerful telepath on Earth.

But that's not the point.
The point is that he got more will that any of those two baffoons.

godking
Hey!

The point is that he got more will that any of those two baffoons. The same wolverine who at times has gone mindless to escape the guilt of what he has done ?

The same wolverine who has also at times has basically given up losing faith in himself and becoming an alcoholic ?

Roger has NEVER been mentally broken to the point of giving up on himself.

Bruce Wayne has been mentallly broken only on two occasions once by Bane after months of exhausting battles and once in the Batman RIP storyline.

Wolverine has a lot more instances of being mentally broken to the point of giving up on himself then either Rogers or Wayne.

abhilegend
The same wolverine who at times has gone mindless to escape the guilt of what he has done ?

The same wolverine who has also at times has basically given up losing faith in himself and becoming an alcoholic ?

Roger has NEVER been mentally broken to the point of giving up on himself.

Bruce Wayne has been mentallly broken only on two occasions once by Bane after months of exhausting battles and once in the Batman RIP storyline.

Wolverine has a lot more instances of being mentally broken to the point of giving up on himself then either Rogers or Wayne.
The good captain wins. The only rivals of cap in willpower department amongst heroes are Kal, Highball and in villains doom. Bruce is not far though

abhilegend
Hey!

The point is that he got more will that any of those two baffoons.
Thanks to level 9 telepathic shields courtesy of chuck and a fractured psyche, I think.

Batman-Prime
Bruce has slightly better Willpower.

Cogito

Bruce was broken by Emperor Joker

Prep-Man
I'd think EJ would break Cap or Logan as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Cogito
Bruce was broken by Emperor Joker
Kal saved brucey's behind by taking all of his pain in his own mind and the douche shot missiles at him when superman told him.
ranting

abhilegend
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I'd think EJ would break Cap or Logan as well.
Korvac couldn't break cap though.

Dum Dum Dugan
The same Wolverine who has been brainwashed at least a dozen times ?
That has nothign to due with will power. Batman and Capt would both have been brainwashed as well. Your points rather stupid to be honest.

abhilegend
That has nothign to due with will power. Batman and Capt would both have been brainwashed as well. Your points rather stupid to be honest.
So what feats does logan has on willpower?

Sr J-Bieb
Batman and Cap would brainwash Wolverine

Also, Cap resisted the Carnage symbiote while Wolverine is a cute little pet.

You can't make this up

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by abhilegend
So what feats does logan has on willpower?
how about sustain his body from will alone for years. Force of will matching pheniox ect. You do not want to play the will game with Wolverine.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

You can't make this up
Wolverine has never been controlled by carnage so the rather irrelevent.

Sr J-Bieb
Wolverine has never been controlled by carnage so the rather irrelevent. Care to bet your anal virginity on it?

abhilegend
Batman and Cap would brainwash Wolverine

You can't make this up
I thought "Wolverine is the best there is", and from that it's an undeniable fact that he has the most willpower.durverine

Dum Dum Dugan
Care to bet your anal virginity on it?
Please dont say things like that to me. really wierd thing to say to some one.

Sr J-Bieb
concession accepted

abhilegend
how about sustain his body from will alone for years. Force of will matching pheniox ect. You do not want to play the will game with Wolverine.
When did he do that and what of his HF? Superman spent 15 years trapped in the core of earth nearly powerless while lava filled his entire body. Matching wills with phoenix, what does that mean?

Dum Dum Dugan
concession accepted
Not thats not a concession but as always troll away.

Sr J-Bieb
Not thats not a concession but as always troll away. Sure, trolling. Telling you stuff that happens in comics, and then you backing out of a bet.

"This happened"
"No it didn't"
"Care to bet on it"
"No, don't say that"

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by abhilegend
When did he do that and what of his HF? Superman spent 15 years trapped in the core of earth nearly powerless while lava filled his entire body. Matching wills with phoenix, what does that mean?
create a thread and I will post some scans. I dont want to drive this thread any more off topic.

Wolverine vs Batman in will or something of that nature.

And I am done with this thread. if you want feats of will power either make the appropriated versus thread or PM me. other wise there no reason to bring this more off topic. I should have left it along but I strongly disagree with what godking was saying. APOLOGIES to thread maker for further derailing thread. I am done.

Dum Dum Dugan
Sure, trolling. Telling you stuff that happens in comics, and then you backing out of a bet.

I did back out of anything. to back out assume I accept said bet i dident. You wierd dude. u say wierd shit all the time, and yes troll. And i rather not be part of that crap.

If ur gunan post it post it other wise I dont give a shit.

Sr J-Bieb
I did back out of anything. to back out assume I accept said bet i dident. You wierd dude. u say wierd shit all the time, and yes troll. And i rather not be part of that crap.

If ur gunan post it post it other wise I dont give a shit. You're getting angry because I made a joke, while talking about what happened in comics...
So clueless sometimes.

But anywho...
Here's who Carnage has under his control
http://i42.tinypic.com/1428n87.jpg

Here's Cap resisting him while everyone else is in attentdance
http://i39.tinypic.com/2dsjubk.jpg

And here's Cap outright breaking control
http://i42.tinypic.com/eamk3c.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/344dpwl.jpg

Cap's willpower>Wolverine's
Fact

Dum Dum Dugan
You're getting angry because I made a joke, while talking about what happened in comics...
So clueless sometimes.

But anywho...

Fact
Not clueless at all i just sick of all the jokes. I dont find them funny, i find most of them wierd and old. And there nothing wrong with me disliking comments like those.

I never read those issue. But that does look to be Wolverine. Can I please have the issue and title so i may read the issue my self.

Also one feat does not make Capt> Wolverine but thats for another thread.

Sr J-Bieb
Not clueless at all i just sick of all the jokes. I dont find them funny, i find most of them wierd and old. And there nothing wrong with me disliking comments like those.

I never read those issue. But that does look to be Wolverine. Can I please have the issue and title so i may read the issue my self.

Also one feat does not make Capt> Wolverine but thats for another thread. No need to troll me because you're full on mad about jokes.

Carnage USA, 2 and 3.

Directly Cap>Wolverine.
Cap is a willpower God

Dum Dum Dugan
No need to troll me because you're full on mad about jokes.

Carnage USA, 2 and 3.

Directly Cap>Wolverine.
Cap is a willpower God
Thats not trolling.

Thank you.

pm the bottum part since I already said i won't bring this further off topic.

Prep-Man
here is a good list of feats for batman's will.

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/p/willpower.html

Placidity
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

http://magneticimpulse.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/green-lantern-batman1.jpg

Badabing
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted.

http://magneticimpulse.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/green-lantern-batman1.jpg thumb up

OneDumbG0
You're getting angry because I made a joke, while talking about what happened in comics...
So clueless sometimes.

But anywho...

Fact thumb up

JakeTheBank
Steve Rogers also recently displayed an epic willpower feat in the pages of his ongoing.

While in the manifested reality of "Nowhere", which was under the sway and control of Bravo, Cap lost his physical prowess, and through sheer force of will, managed to kick Bravo's ass inside his own reality.

Wolverine doesn't when a willpower contest with either guy.

JakeTheBank
Steve Rogers also recently displayed an epic willpower feat in the pages of his ongoing.

While in the manifested reality of "Nowhere", which was under the sway and control of Bravo, Cap lost his physical prowess, and through sheer force of will, managed to kick Bravo's ass inside his own reality.

Wolverine doesn't when a willpower contest with either guy.

^ *win

Uriel005
Remember there is a big difference in their willpowers.. One is derived from psychosis and the other is naturally occurring. I give a slight edge to batman, but more because his willpower comes from what amounts to a mental instability making him veritably incapable of being anything other than the utterly driven hero that he is. Steve made a choice and continues to make one every time his will is called into question.

godking
That has nothign to due with will power. Batman and Capt would both have been brainwashed as well. Your points rather stupid to be honest. People have tried to do so without succes.

Wolverine has been branwashed a dozen times. And seems to be brainwashed at least once every 5 years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.