Mirror Mirror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Another take on Snow White........i'll be going to see Snow White & The Huntsman,not this

Can't believe Tarsem Singh has gone from Immortals to this nonsense

kpLVO396eHs

Patient_Leech
I'll reserve judgement until I see it. It looks like it could be fun. Obviously I'd rather him do more gritty, violent stuff, heh, but you can't blame the guy for wanting to try something different. You know his visuals will be amazing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I'll reserve judgement until I see it. It looks like it could be fun. Obviously I'd rather him do more gritty, violent stuff, heh, but you can't blame the guy for wanting to try something different. You know his visuals will be amazing.

Yeah i suppose.....Tarsem Singh has done a different type of movie each time from The Cell to Immortals

you heard of The Fall?.....another one of his.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I saw The Fall a couple months ago. It's really good. Kind of sad, though. To me he has a signature in the way everything climaxes into a crescendo at the end. The Fall, The Cell, Immortals all have a similar intensity the way they end. So it'll be interesting to see how he handles a completely different genre.

Kazenji
Tarsem Singh not happy at how the movie is portrayed for the trailers

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=55716

Patient_Leech
That's pretty interesting, cuz it barely looks like his work from the way it's portrayed on the trailers. I can see why he'd be upset.

rudester
it looks lame, to comical but then again did anyone see how they did the movie, Red Riding Hood? That wasnt good at all.

Patient_Leech
5 out of 6 reviews so far approve: RT

Esau Cairn
I did find myself having a chuckle at some of Julia Robert's lines & I've never been a big fan of hers.

I'll see this but wait for its dvd release.

Hattie71
Tarsem Singh has gone from Immortals to this nonsensehttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

SupermanAscends
This movie was not that bad.

I'll have to compare this to Snow White and the Huntsman.

Esau Cairn
What's to compare?

This movie's a comedy aimed for kids & family.

The other's darker & action-themed.

Patient_Leech
I hope to see this this weekend..

Patient_Leech
This movie was rather charming. And it has Tarsem's signature visuals. It's sort of Princess Bride-ish. I was genuinely amused on several occasions. I liked that the 7 dwarves are actual dwarves, because if Tim Burton or George Lucas or somebody was doing the film, they probably would be CG and have no appeal whatsoever. This film is a nice combination of old-school filmmaking and new technology in that it's focused mostly on the characters and performances for humor rather than gimmicky effects. Nathan Lane played a pretty amusing character.

Even though it's not necessarily my cup of tea, I enjoyed it for what it is. A very good date movie. thumb up thumb up

One thing I didn't understand, though, is why the Queen didn't assemble a big army or protective soldiers of some sort to protect her power..?

siriuswriter
Leech - the bigger the pride, the bigger the fall. big grin

Patient_Leech
Alright, fair enough. stick out tongue Have you seen it, sirius?

maryd094
Can't believe Tarsem Singh has gone from Immortals to this nonsensehttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

siriuswriter
Not yet. I went to the Lorax to treat my mom and The Hunger Games to treat my dad - someone's gotta treat me to another before I can go again. My funds won't permit it.

But I did show it to my mom, and told her about it, and said "I think you'd like this movie, so I have planted the seeds.

wink

Patient_Leech
Rob a bank... stick out tongue

siriuswriter
Oh yes, by the time I'm out I can watch it on INSTANT Netflix!!!

rudester
I saw it was lame...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.