King Hyperion vs World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistress-Death
Who wins?

carver9
Good fight. I would give it to Hulk after a loooooong fight.

Mistress-Death
Originally posted by carver9
Good fight. I would give it to Hulk after a loooooong fight. wait arnt you poster who said KH would beat Thanos?

carver9
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
wait arnt you poster who said KH would beat Thanos?

I was messing with Quan when I said that. Read the post after that...I said Thanos would win after a long fight and he would win. WWH is a monster and had 616 Earth on complete lock down and had elites scared of what he would do next. His presence made everyone piss in their pants. Hyperion is good but WWH good...hell naw. Strange even went to the lengths of amping to God levels just to take WWH and he failed.

Mistress-Death
Strange never amped to god levels in the slightest and WWH only faced two top guys at most and then they wasn't clear wins

carver9
Strange never amped to god levels in the slightest and WWH only faced two top guys at most and then they wasn't clear wins

Strange amped off of Zom powers and everyone basically prepped against the character or basically pissed on themselves before confronting him. Let's also not forget WWH held back the entire issue and it was stated that he held back to prevent himself from killing innocence. Him having the planet on lock is a ft in and of itself.

Newjak
The only real high end characters he fought were Strange amped and Sentry who at the time constantly changed in levels of power.

Zom-amped Strange also worked WWH like nothing.

quanchi112
WW Hulk wins.

Mistress-Death
Strange amped off of Zom powers and everyone basically prepped against the character or basically pissed on themselves before confronting him. Let's also not forget WWH held back the entire issue and it was stated that he held back to prevent himself from killing innocence. Him having the planet on lock is a ft in and of itself. Strange only used a small portion of Zoms soul and Strange saved Hulk from Zom(this was confirmed in the issue when the Chaos king took over Zom) and Herc and co beat the same Zom power took over Iron Mans armor, Hulk did fear their prep thats why Hulk and co destroyed all the satelites.

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
The only real high end characters he fought were Strange amped and Sentry who at the time constantly changed in levels of power.

Zom-amped Strange also worked WWH like nothing.

Who was missing that he should have fought that was on earth?

basilisk
Exiles King Hyperion as he was originally portrayed probably would have won, even if just by grabbing Hulk and throwing him into space. Given the way he mostly effortlessly destroyed Thor, Hulk, FF, Magneto etc., even supposedly killing his Galactus, I think the writer intended him as closer to a PC Superman level character thrown into alternate Marvel Universes. Not galaxy-sneezing PC Supes level of course, but more lower end PC Super level, still nearly unstoppable by the heroes and villains.

Then along came the Blue Marvel writer guy wanting to make his own hero look cool by trashing someone big. It had the reverse effect, making KH suddenly seem a lot less impressive than was thought. So either all the alternate heroes he beat must have likewise been much weaker versions, which I think destroyed the Exiles writer's intentions, or this KH was just a weaker alternate version of KH not the one from Exiles.

After that KH kind of went the way of current Count Nefaria and he couldn't even handle DP Juggernaut.

So yeah, the KH that came to 616 would lose to either WWH or Thanos.

carver9
Strange only used a small portion of Zoms soul and Strange saved Hulk from Zom(this was confirmed in the issue when the Chaos king took over Zom) and Herc and co beat the same Zom power took over Iron Mans armor, Hulk did fear their prep thats why Hulk and co destroyed all the satelites.

Strange was amped to the point that it was mentioned he could have annihilated the planet.

How did Strange save Hulk from Zom when Strange was punching Hulk so hard that it was putting holes in his body? Strange was unleashing on him but was incapable of dropping Hulk whereas Hulk two pieced his a**.

Duuh, of course Hulk feared their prep...this is Reed and Tony we are talking about here. They still had doubts of being able to stop WWH. Hulk had the planet on lock...his mere presence gathered all of Earth defenses together.

carver9
Originally posted by basilisk
Exiles King Hyperion as he was originally portrayed probably would have won, even if just by grabbing Hulk and throwing him into space. Given the way he mostly effortlessly destroyed Thor, Hulk, FF, Magneto etc., even supposedly killing his Galactus, I think the writer intended him as closer to a PC Superman level character thrown into alternate Marvel Universes. Not galaxy-sneezing PC Supes level of course, but more lower end PC Super level, still nearly unstoppable by the heroes and villains.

Then along came the Blue Marvel writer guy wanting to make his own hero look cool by trashing someone big. It had the reverse effect, making KH suddenly seem a lot less impressive than was thought. So either all the alternate heroes he beat must have likewise been much weaker versions, which I think destroyed the Exiles writer's intentions, or this KH was just a weaker alternate version of KH not the one from Exiles.

After that KH kind of went the way of current Count Nefaria and he couldn't even handle DP Juggernaut.

So yeah, the KH that came to 616 would lose to either WWH or Thanos.

King Hyperion trashed Juggernaut...even broke his leg. He also stomped Blue Marvel until he started boasting. He two pieced him as well. Hyperion was still powerful in the 616 verse.

basilisk
King Hyperion trashed Juggernaut...even broke his leg. He also stomped Blue Marvel until he started boasting. He two pieced him as well. Hyperion was still powerful in the 616 verse. Very powerful, definitely, as all Hyperions seem to be. But the sort of guy who easily killed everyone on his previous worlds, including guys like Thor and Hulk? and Galactus? And just laughed at them? That's not quite the same level. Something changed. The BM fight seemed to be a classic case of hero holds back or doubts himself in the first round before finding his motivation to let loose and win in the second round.

Hyperion Prime
Kings Hyperion from EXiles wins.

dmills
Hype as portrayed in Exiles was like a super powered Michael Myers. Nothing could stop him ultimately except for bfr.

psycho gundam
^ that will remain true until hulk punches his life out of his body

dmills
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Not likely.

carver9

Lol.

Newjak
Who was missing that he should have fought that was on earth? The point was don't it make it sound like he went through all these top tiers.

Most of Marvels real top tiers weren't in the arc.

I also forgot Juggernaut, but then again that was a stalemate, So once again WWH didn't walk through a bunch high end people when he assaulted Earth.

King Hyperion trashed Juggernaut...even broke his leg. He also stomped Blue Marvel until he started boasting. He two pieced him as well. Hyperion was still powerful in the 616 verse. A depowered Juggeranut who KH broke his hand on when he tried punching Cain's head erm

As for KH in Exiles, I still think people give him way too much credit for his power level. He was very much overhyped when he was only in the Exiles comics.

His 'best' feats were all off panel with no name heroes from alternate dimensions.

His fighting two hyperions feat was already at a time when he was in the Crystal Palace for awhile and had received an amp because of the energies the Palace gave off were being adsorbed by his body.

But here is a look at some of his other feats.

He couldn't stop an asteroid, where as 616 heroes like Thor would have and have had destroyed similar asteroids with ease.

He got his neck broken by Namorita, and got KOed by Exiles Mimic for a bit.

He got blown up by Gambit's energies.

JakeTheBank
WWH.

Nihilist
Strange was amped to the point that it was mentioned he could have annihilated the planet.Not suprised to see you still lying after all this time about WWH, Zomstrange was never amped to that point at all nor was it even mentioned.

As the previous poster said, Zom said Strange saved him by stopping pounding on him and killing him giving him a chance to recover( all this was on panel proof during a chaos war tie in)

Wrong they just didnt want to kill him thats all as Bruce was their friend, thats why Strange didnt kill him straight of the bat, and they did drop him with a mere satelite.

Oh a WWH wins, KH is overhyped.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/strangektfo.jpg

Nihilist
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/strangektfo.jpg Good scan of Hulk smashing Strange AFTER Strange stopped beating on him and saved him and gave him chance to recover, Zomstranges own words...unless you think Zomstrange was lying.

psycho gundam
nope, just that just like hercules there are just so many hulk shots one can take before they get slumped. hulk just needs a few seconds to recover fully from getting his torso opened up, and then he proceeded to remold dr. strange's face. none of these "strong men" have what it takes to put him down feasibly, even when they look good against him it's just temporary, and then when hulk hits them in return that's the end of it.

hulk was running through everyone for 4 issues before that (and mad tie-ins) with minimal rest. nobody wants to go one on one with that.

...while holding back

Stoic
WW Hulk was holding back the entire time though. Everything that we saw was him going easy, this includes his battle with the Sentry, and planting Ares, and She Hulk like poles. An all out Hulk would whip King Hypes butt.

Horrificus
Originally posted by basilisk

So yeah, the KH that came to 616 would lose to either WWH or Thanos. Agree with this.

zopzop
nope, just that just like hercules there are just so many hulk shots one can take before they get slumped. hulk just needs a few seconds to recover fully from getting his torso opened up, and then he proceeded to remold dr. strange's face. none of these "strong men" have what it takes to put him down feasibly, even when they look good against him it's just temporary, and then when hulk hits them in return that's the end of it.

hulk was running through everyone for 4 issues before that (and mad tie-ins) with minimal rest. nobody wants to go one on one with that.

...while holding back

Didn't Zomling/Strange say during the CK fiasco that Strange saved Hulk by resisting his will? Wasn't he throwing Hulk around like a rag doll until that Shadow Priest preformed an exorcism on Zomling/Strange?

iceman24567
As usual people exaggeration Hulk "beating" Zomstrange typical

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
Didn't Zomling/Strange say during the CK fiasco that Strange saved Hulk by resisting his will? Wasn't he throwing Hulk around like a rag doll until that Shadow Priest preformed an exorcism on Zomling/Strange? Wow. We agree.

Stoic
Didn't Zomling/Strange say during the CK fiasco that Strange saved Hulk by resisting his will? Wasn't he throwing Hulk around like a rag doll until that Shadow Priest preformed an exorcism on Zomling/Strange?

I read the arc, and I know what you're saying, but do you believe that the Zomling would have been able to defeat the Hulk if he wasn't holding back? What would have happened if they were in a pocket universe, where no one gets hurt except for those two... how would it have turned out?

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
I read the arc, and I know what you're saying, but do you believe that the Zomling would have been able to defeat the Hulk if he wasn't holding back? What would have happened if they were in a pocket universe, where no one gets hurt except for those two... how would it have turned out?

The Zomling/Strange creature would have killed the Hulk. Especially with PIS off.

psycho gundam
all i remember is chaos king turning strange "off", realeasing zom's true self, then he and hulk trading about a punch respectively (hulk holding back against unleashed zom/strange) and then skaar/heroim taking his lunch money....then heroim did his thing and then he was finally pwnt by marlo

nothing close enough to form a rally against what i said before. hulk stomps if he feels like it like he did last time they fought.

come at me

Originally posted by iceman24567
As usual people exaggeration Hulk "beating" Zomstrange typical read it and weep

i'll save you girls some dignity by not posting it here

Stoic
The Zomling/Strange creature would have killed the Hulk. Especially with PIS off.

Well considering what we saw in the Dark Dimension, it was obvious that the Hulk was holding back during his battle with the Zomling. Without much proof to support the Zomling except for him saying it, the Hulk while not holding back may have been capable of two piecing the Zomling for all we know. There was a time when the Zomling wasn't holding back, this much is true, and only after throwing the Hulk towards civilians did Strange attempt to wrestle free of the possession. I was impressed with the showing, but not enough to outweigh my impression, of what the Hulk was able to give, and receive during HOTM.

You have to go figure, if the Hulk in that scan above, busted up the Zomling's face with a few light peppered punches, how badly would he have looked if he went apeshit on him?

iceman24567
all i remember is chaos king turning strange "off", realeasing zom's true self, then he and hulk trading about a punch respectively (hulk holding back against unleashed zom/strange) and then skaar/heroim taking his lunch money....then heroim did his thing and then he was finally pwnt by marlo

nothing close enough to form a rally against what i said before. hulk stomps if he feels like it like he did last time they fought.

come at me

read it and weep

i'll save you girls some dignity by not posting it here It seems you are the one thats frazzled erm

zopzop
Well considering what we saw in the Dark Dimension, it was obvious that the Hulk was holding back during his battle with the Zomling. Without much proof to support the Zomling except for him saying it, the Hulk while not holding back may have been capable of two piecing the Zomling for all we know. There was a time when the Zomling wasn't holding back, this much is true, and only after throwing the Hulk towards civilians did Strange attempt to wrestle free of the possession. I was impressed with the showing, but not enough to outweigh my impression, of what the Hulk was able to give, and receive during HOTM.

You have to go figure, if the Hulk in that scan above, busted up the Zomling's face with a few light peppered punches, how badly would he have looked if he went apeshit on him?

Even when CK "unleashed" Zom, Strange was STILL exerting an influence on Zom as seen right before Margo used Death's power to WTFPwn him. A PISless Zomling would annihilate Hulk.

psycho gundam
Even when CK "unleashed" Zom, Strange was STILL exerting an influence on Zom as seen right before Margo used Death's power to WTFPwn him. A PISless Zomling would annihilate Hulk. back tracking already eh

heroim did that after he and skaar lumped up his face

smokin'

It seems you are the one thats frazzled erm did you read it yet or what? i'll wait

zopzop
back tracking already eh

smokin'

I can provide the scan. Strange's personality was still there and exerting an influence over the Zomling. Too bad Margo/Death wrecked him.

iceman24567
back tracking already eh

heroim did that after he and skaar lumped up his face

smokin'

did you read it yet or what? i'll wait I read it and came to this conclusion
It seems you are the one thats frazzled erm no expression

psycho gundam
yes, after heroim did his magic thing, after he pounded him, after hulk ignored him during the entire comic

I read it and came to this conclusion i cant help you with your problem then

Stoic
Even when CK "unleashed" Zom, Strange was STILL exerting an influence on Zom as seen right before Margo used Death's power to WTFPwn him. A PISless Zomling would annihilate Hulk.

This is the wrong thread to discuss this I think. There was a time during WW Hulk that Zom was in full control of Strange, and he would have killed Hiroim if no one intervened. When he attacked the Hulk all the way up until civilians were in danger of being killed was really the only time that Strange began fighting the possession. Go back and check it out for yourself.Zom was actually in full control up to a point, and the damage that he did on the Hulk was far less impressive than the damage that the Hulk received, and gave during the HOTM story line. Just go back and examine it again. I'm not saying that the Hulk would beat Zom, because that would be crazy, but an Avatar of Zom? Absolutely, provided that the Hulk is going nuts.

iceman24567
yes, after heroim did his magic thing, after he pounded him, after hulk ignored him during the entire comic

i cant help you with your problem then I aint the one thats frazzled dazzled money mike

psycho gundam
still waitiiing iceman

i know you didn't read it yet

zopzop
This is the wrong thread to discuss this I think. There was a time during WW Hulk that Zom was in full control of Strange, and he would have killed Hiroim if no one intervened. When he attacked the Hulk all the way up until civilians were in danger of being killed was really the only time that Strange began fighting the possession. Go back and check it out for yourself.Zom was actually in full control up to a point, and the damage that he did on the Hulk was far less impressive than the damage that the Hulk received, and gave during the HOTM story line. Just go back and examine it again. I'm not saying that the Hulk would beat Zom, because that would be crazy, but an Avatar of Zom? Absolutely, provided that the Hulk is going nuts.

I can provide you the scan Stoic. Strange, up till the very end still had some sort of influence on the Zomling. Right as he got his hands on Margo, Strange's personality popped up again and Strange told Margo to fight (Death's influence).

psycho gundam
^ thanks to heroim. please recognize that

Stoic
I can provide you the scan Stoic. Strange, up till the very end still had some sort of influence on the Zomling. Right as he got his hands on Margo, Strange's personality popped up again and Strange told Margo to fight (Death's influence).

Yes I am aware of that, but what I was referring to was WW Hulk, not Zom Strange's 2nd appearance. All the same, The Hulk never once went full on postal up until he went to the Dark Dimension, this was maybe the third time in the history of the character, that he has ever fully let go. The Hulk in that state would tear the Zomling's world down around him... literally.

carver9
Hulk clearly held back the entire arc.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkintelligence.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Hulk/hulkholdingbackagainsthercules.jpg

I'm not referring to him going WBH...I'm saying, even at his WWH levels he was holding back and that much was obvious. If he wanted these heroes dead, they would have been dead. There is even proof he held back against Sentry as well.

zopzop
Yes I am aware of that, but what I was referring to was WW Hulk, not Zom Strange's 2nd appearance. All the same, The Hulk never once went full on postal up until he went to the Dark Dimension, this was maybe the third time in the history of the character, that he has ever fully let go. The Hulk in that state would tear the Zomling's world down around him... literally.

The Zomling is the fragment of Zom that survived the wrath of the Living Tribunal. It survived that, it will survive anything the Hulk throws at it. Only PIS/CIS would save the Hulk.

Stoic
While I can see this as a possibility, I can also see that being housed within a flesh and blood vessel is likely weaker than having a demonic or extradimensional body. The Zomling that we saw was not capable of defeating HOTM Hulk in my opinion. If it were in another body, then I could see it being on a higher level.

Strange's body is likely the weak link. I saw no evidence that, that particular Zomling was greater than WB Hulk. I wouldn't be surprised if a Zomling with a stronger body than Strange's would be able to go toe to toe, with Zeus, or one of his peers, but that one just wasn't that strong. A title no matter how great is still a title, and I see too many people being hung up on them. Look at what the Hulk did to Nightmare in his own realm, or the Shaper of Worlds.

iceman24567
still waitiiing iceman

i know you didn't read it yet Nuh uh

zopzop
While I can see this as a possibility, I can also see that being housed within a flesh and blood vessel is likely weaker than having a demonic or extradimensional body. The Zomling that we saw was not capable of defeating HOTM Hulk in my opinion. If it were in another body, then I could see it being on a higher level.

Strange's body is likely the weak link. I saw no evidence that, that particular Zomling was greater than WB Hulk. I wouldn't be surprised if a Zomling with a stronger body than Strange's would be able to go toe to toe, with Zeus, or one of his peers, but that one just wasn't that strong. A title no matter how great is still a title, and I see too many people being hung up on them. Look at what the Hulk did to Nightmare in his own realm, or the Shaper of Worlds.

Yeah, I'll give you that. Since he was reintroduced in the WWH arc, the Zomling seems to depend on his host body a lot. The crazy thing is, that is a power/ability/limitation he NEVER exhibited before. He's a being of pure mystic energy and he devours magic. If he devours enough, he'd reform into his full self. This "host body" thing is crapola sad

janus77
WWH wins.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Kings Hyperion from EXiles wins. hey havent heard from you in a while.

And im leaning towards hyperion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Damborgson
hey havent heard from you in a while.

And im leaning towards hyperion. Why are you leaning towards Hyperion ?

Horrificus
Yes I am aware of that, but what I was referring to was WW Hulk, not Zom Strange's 2nd appearance. All the same, The Hulk never once went full on postal up until he went to the Dark Dimension, this was maybe the third time in the history of the character, that he has ever fully let go. The Hulk in that state would tear the Zomling's world down around him... literally. Couldn't they just be lying about the Hulk never having gone all out before?

Or, maybe somebody was just exaggerating? You know, these hero types have been known to stretch the truth a bit from time to time... smile

Nihilist
Originally posted by Horrificus
Couldn't they just be lying about the Hulk never having gone all out before?

Or, maybe somebody was just exaggerating? You know, these hero types have been known to stretch the truth a bit from time to time... smile And huge fanboy battleboard writers.

Horrificus
hey havent heard from you in a while.

And im leaning towards hyperion. On paper, numbers to numbers, KH would probably win.

Matching powers to powers, it shouldn't really matter how strong the Hulk gets.

It's the same old argument that has floated around the boards for years.

But, in the universe this Hulk dwells in, the impossible happens a lot, in his favor. Hulk should have other powers finally made official. Like, reality warping, changing of the laws of physics. Because these are the only explanations for a lot of his higher-level wins.

psycho gundam
On paper, numbers to numbers, KH would probably win. no, he wouldn't

Matching powers to powers, it shouldn't really matter how strong the Hulk gets. yes, it should

Stoic
Couldn't they just be lying about the Hulk never having gone all out before?

Or, maybe somebody was just exaggerating? You know, these hero types have been known to stretch the truth a bit from time to time... smile

Hey do you question Mangog when he says that he has the power of one billion billion beings? It was pretty evident that the Hulk was holding back, as there are at the very least two identifiable points to refer to.

1. He begged for someone to stop him as he fought to hold back the power that was being released from him. One footfall shows us this much.

2. What happened in the Dark Dimension, proves that he was holding back, or the planet Earth would have been reduced to rubble. if what he did to the Sentry was him holding back, it's pretty obvious that Bob would have been slaughtered, by HOTM Hulk.

It wasn't a lie, or an over exaggeration.

Why The World Breaker would destroy King Hyperion

If we take the fact that Blue Marvel was capable of defeating King Hyperion, and come to realize that Blue Marvel and the Sentry were pretty much in the same weight class, we will come to the conclusion that the Hulk of WW Hulk fame would be above King Hyperion, as he was above the Sentry who happened to be on the Blue Marvel's level. The very idea, that the Hulk was holding back against Bob so that the entire population of Earth would not die, pretty much tells me all that I need to know in order to weigh out who wins this thread.

In conclusion. If the Hulk does not hold back against King Hyperion, he would defeat him handily.

zopzop
But, in the universe this Hulk dwells in, the impossible happens a lot, in his favor. Hulk should have other powers finally made official. Like, reality warping, changing of the laws of physics. Because these are the only explanations for a lot of his higher-level wins.

thumb up

I've been thinking this very thing. But oh well, it's the writers that have the final say.

Horrificus
The Zomling is the fragment of Zom that survived the wrath of the Living Tribunal. It survived that, it will survive anything the Hulk throws at it. Only PIS/CIS would save the Hulk. Excellent Point.

Stoic
Excellent Point.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that if we use titles and such instead of going by feats, Roma would stomp the Annihilators without giving proof of her prowess. Zom Strange did nothing to show that he could pour out the level of power that the Hulk did during HOTM. We are talking about the vessel that Zom was in and not Zom itself, there is a difference.

As for you comment in an earlier post, which Hero from Batman on up doesn't bend the laws of physics? Do you think that even a billion billion people could tow seven earth sized planets? I don't, actually I know that they wouldn't be able to.

Horrificus
The Hulk is a faucet for Gamma power. I saw the situation of him cracking the earth with a step, as one of energy leakage. Since, physically, a step could not transfer energy in that way and the fact that the panels were clearly showing Gamma popping up from cracks and fissures.

Now, if this was shown to be an actual "power" of his, that could be used in a fight, or had been, that would be a different story. It would stick him up there with the Heralds.

But, even in that story arc, he was not doing this. It just happened, uncontrollably, in that scene. Similar to Wonder Man leaking (Last Avengers Story?), Captain Atom leaking (Kingdom Come), the Weird (DC) leaking and eventually exploding in space to save Earth. And these are just a few of many characters that have had similar situations.

As had been said by many Hulk fans, he was begging to be stopped. This is because he had no control.

The fact is, for all the power that the Hulk channels, it is not reliable, doesn't keep him from getting harmed and doesn't give him any "highest-end" feats.

janus77
It can be controlled and it is channelled and controlled by both the Bruce aspect and the Hulk aspect. The problem arose in that situation because Bruce went OTT at the betrayal and his own feelings of misjudgement.

Since then he has managed to perfectly control the upper reaches of this power, using it to do everything from clear out whole city blocks of Mindless Ones to demolishing dimensional barriers and the dark dimension.

Even before that, he's used the gamma energy thing on a few occasions. Though not all as controlled.

It's not that he can't control the power, it's that if he's not in control of his own rage, then he loses control of the power. He has to maintain control over his emotions or else the outpouring of power would overwhelm everything.

psycho gundam
The Hulk is a faucet for Gamma power. I saw the situation of him cracking the earth with a step, as one of energy leakage. Since, physically, a step could not transfer energy in that way and the fact that the panels were clearly showing Gamma popping up from cracks and fissures.

Now, if this was shown to be an actual "power" of his, that could be used in a fight, or had been, that would be a different story. It would stick him up there with the Heralds.

But, even in that story arc, he was not doing this. It just happened, uncontrollably, in that scene. Similar to Wonder Man leaking (Last Avengers Story?), Captain Atom leaking (Kingdom Come), the Weird (DC) leaking and eventually exploding in space to save Earth. And these are just a few of many characters that have had similar situations.

As had been said by many Hulk fans, he was begging to be stopped. This is because he had no control.

The fact is, for all the power that the Hulk channels, it is not reliable, doesn't keep him from getting harmed and doesn't give him any "highest-end" feats. utter nonsense

Horrificus
utter nonsense Good argument.

psycho gundam
jimmy hoffa was transported into another dimension as part of the FBI's new witness protection program.

make a lengthy and compelling argument refuting that.

Horrificus
Originally posted by janus77
It can be controlled and it is channelled and controlled by both the Bruce aspect and the Hulk aspect. The problem arose in that situation because Bruce went OTT at the betrayal and his own feelings of misjudgement.

Since then he has managed to perfectly control the upper reaches of this power, using it to do everything from clear out whole city blocks of Mindless Ones to demolishing dimensional barriers and the dark dimension.

Even before that, he's used the gamma energy thing on a few occasions. Though not all as controlled.

It's not that he can't control the power, it's that if he's not in control of his own rage, then he loses control of the power. He has to maintain control over his emotions or else the outpouring of power would overwhelm everything. Well, for the most part, I kind of agree with what you are saying. But, that is because I think you are agreeing with what I am saying.
Even though it is due to his emotions, it is still a lack of control and he still doesn't use it as a weapon.
For instance, the famous "foot step". If he was able to do that as a strike, during a fight, that would be potent and it would also be a "power".

Maybe he has done stuff since then, that negates what I am saying. I can't say I know for sure, because I don't.

But, if we are talking about WWH, my argument stands.

carver9
Hulk had/have complete control of his gamma energy or his strength. This shouldn't even be an argument anymore since he has shown this multiple of times.

Horrificus
jimmy hoffa was transported into another dimension as part of the FBI's new witness protection program.

Make a lengthy and compelling argument refuting that. Comparing my arguments to unfounded fantasy, without having to actually negate my post, might work from time to time in here.
But, it still doesn't cancel out the points I made.

Horrificus
Hulk had/have complete control of his gamma energy or his strength. This shouldn't even be an argument anymore since he has shown this multiple of times. As I said, maybe he DOES have control now. I couldn't argue against that honestly.

But, my point is, that he didn't have control during WWH, which was the whole lynchpin of the "stop me before I break the world" thing.

He may have had potential power, enough to do a lot, but he wasn't really wielding it after it got to a certain level.

janus77
Horrificus, you're confusing temporary rage with an inability to control and also cause and effect. WWH was completely focused and controlled anger, all the way through the arc except, when he found out that Meik had betrayed him, had manipulated his anger and that he was in part culpable for all of Meik's doings, as he had been a bad example to Meik.

Once he began to feel himself descending into rage, he fought as hard as he could, to repress it, to prevent it from taking over and, with the help of the cathexis ray and his own will, he completely drained whatever gamma he'd stored up, drained himself emotionally and reverted to Banner.

It (the WBH mode) wasn't the cause of his lack of control, but the manifestation of his lack of mental equilibrium.

Thus, he can calmly hold together a planet that is twice the size of Earth and prevent it exploding apart without releasing energies all over the place and causing untold collateral damage.

He can and does, release gamma energies as a destructive effect of high end power output, as he did in HOTM and on a few other instances, and again it has no effect on his ability to control the power.

Horrificus
Originally posted by janus77
Horrificus, you're confusing temporary rage with an inability to control and also cause and effect. WWH was completely focused and controlled anger, all the way through the arc except, when he found out that Meik had betrayed him, had manipulated his anger and that he was in part culpable for all of Meik's doings, as he had been a bad example to Meik.

Once he began to feel himself descending into rage, he fought as hard as he could, to repress it, to prevent it from taking over and, with the help of the cathexis ray and his own will, he completely drained whatever gamma he'd stored up, drained himself emotionally and reverted to Banner.

It (the WBH mode) wasn't the cause of his lack of control, but the manifestation of his lack of mental equilibrium.

Thus, he can calmly hold together a planet that is twice the size of Earth and prevent it exploding apart without releasing energies all over the place and causing untold collateral damage.

He can and does, release gamma energies as a destructive effect of high end power output, as he did in HOTM and on a few other instances, and again it has no effect on his ability to control the power. What you say makes sense. I haven't dug into Hulk enough lately to give you a proper fight.
I get what you are saying.

JakeTheBank
We all agree that King Hyperion gets merced, though, right?

That's what counts.

Horrificus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

That's what counts. I agree that if Hulk is able to use the reality warping powers which allow him to do things that don't even make "comic-book-sense", along with his Gamma energy manipulation, he will win.

Why not just call him "Hulkpossble Man"?

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

That's what counts. King Hyperion gets drilled into the pavement.

Damborgson
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why are you leaning towards Hyperion ? sorry for the long time in responding. just saw this. tbh i was talking outta my ass. KH wouldnt be able to hurt WWh enough to win. I think I was just saying it cuz I like him better and I was just like pssh whatever. But anyways WWH will win. Thats my final word.

quanchi112
sorry for the long time in responding. just saw this. tbh i was talking outta my ass. KH wouldnt be able to hurt WWh enough to win. I think I was just saying it cuz I like him better and I was just like pssh whatever. But anyways WWH will win. Thats my final word. This is the kind of honesty I was hoping to find. It keeps me coming back. I feel like if I push hard enough people will realize the good I do for the universe with my debating skills.

Always Believe.

JakeTheBank
I agree that if Hulk is able to use the reality warping powers which allow him to do things that don't even make "comic-book-sense", along with his Gamma energy manipulation, he will win.

Why not just call him "Hulkpossble Man"?

Tbh, I think Hulk could just punch the shit out of him and be done with it.

King Hyperion is out of his depth here.

Damborgson
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is the kind of honesty I was hoping to find. It keeps my coming back. I feel like if I push hard enough people will realize the good I do for the universe with my debating skills.

Always Believe. http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01688/felipe-massa_1688574c.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.