What Herald can survive this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
What Herald or below can live through this (minus Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool...people with fast healing factors)?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/148/exiles0652005puardcp173qd.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/161/exiles0652005puardcp183kj.jpg/

Naija boy
Surfer

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Surfer

Thats the only Herald you could see surviving it?

Stoic

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk, Lobo

Read OP.

Naija boy
Stardust would def survive it as well (it probly wouldnt even affect him at all quite frankly). Captain marvel as well. If i searched enough i think id be able to find evidence that Thor would survive it as well.

Stoic
Living laser

Newjak
Pretty much any Herald on the list would probably survive that attack unless they weren't durable to begin with.

So Thor, Surfer, Superman, Gladiator, Hulk, Juggernaut, they would survive it.

leonidas
did hype survive it?

JakeTheBank
Any good high herald.

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
did hype survive it?

Yeah but he ended up getting pound on by two Hypes after the attack.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by carver9
What Herald or below can live through this (minus Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool...people with fast healing factors)?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/161/exiles0652005puardcp183kj.jpg/ What if King Hyperion didn't have a good healing factor?

Sirius77
Anyone from Thor or Hulk, to Surfer and Supes. They all have feats in which they've survived having foreign objects phased into them. I mean I can't recall one for surfer, but if he didn't have one, it would kind of surprise me tbh. Very often, it isn't uncommon to see them functioning well enough to do battle in a couple of panels to a couple of pages after such a thing.

Also, Martian Manhunter could probably do it. Really anyone with a good healing factor or decent durability. Heck, even DCnU Supes has something similar in Superman #6. An entire Legion ship was reduced in size small enough to be teleported into Supe's brain with no ill effects. They stated that if they enlarged to full size, they would be crushed immediately, and Supes would just get a blood clot or something and recover pretty quickly. So I don't think that sand would really even be an issue for most notable heralds on average tbh.

h1a8

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/161/exiles0652005puardcp183kj.jpg/

lol, i don't understand what happened. please explain.

Newjak
Originally posted by h1a8
lol, i don't understand what happened. please explain. She teleported half a ton of sand into him

Q99
Sandman. Sand (JSA). Dust. Mercury. Anyone made of energy.

Though I guess people who turn into elements is unfair too ^^

h1a8
Originally posted by Newjak
She teleported half a ton of sand into him

lol, I didn't see the second scan.

Wasn't that PIS. I mean what class 100 being can't withstand a half of ton of sand?

Q99
Originally posted by h1a8
lol, I didn't see the second scan.

Wasn't that PIS. I mean what class 100 being can't withstand a half of ton of sand?

Internally? Not that many.

There's a lot of difference between outside and inside.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99

There's a lot of difference between outside and inside.

I agree. Some people don't understand what happened in those scans. Hyperion had a ton of sand teleported into him. It went inside his organs and it was even teleported into his head as well. Too many people isn't surviving that imo.

Does anybody have any type of scan showing that the Heralds mentioned here can withstand an attack like that?

-Pr-
Superman would (even post reboot), though he has a healing factor, so he can't really be counted imo.

JakeTheBank
Recently, Superman displayed invulnerable brain tissue, which to me, is basically them saying he's just as invulnerable inside as out.

Tbh, any being with invulnerability/extreme durability, should likewise possess the needed internal defenses to cope with the injuries and attacks they face. If you're strong/durable enough to lift hundreds of tons, internally, your body must be strong enough to support lifting and supporting that weight without your organs collapsing upon themselves and bursting and whatnot.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Recently, Superman displayed invulnerable brain tissue, which to me, is basically them saying he's just as invulnerable inside as out.

Tbh, any being with invulnerability/extreme durability, should likewise possess the needed internal defenses to cope with the injuries and attacks they face. If you're strong/durable enough to lift hundreds of tons, internally, your body must be strong enough to support lifting and supporting that weight without your organs collapsing upon themselves and bursting and whatnot.

Why do you think I said it. biscuits

abhilegend
I agree. Some people don't understand what happened in those scans. Hyperion had a ton of sand teleported into him. It went inside his organs and it was even teleported into his head as well. Too many people isn't surviving that imo.

Does anybody have any type of scan showing that the Heralds mentioned here can withstand an attack like that?
Black adam survived a tesserect in his head the size of football field.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Too much logic, Fanboi !!11uhuh
sneer

janus77
Not a herald leveller as such, but Sandman is definitely a good call. I think Mr. Fantastic could survive it too, by expanding his brain/organs.

Q99
Originally posted by abhilegend
Black adam survived a tesserect in his head the size of football field.

Note, survived, but was taken down by it, and the Marvel family's bodies are magical constructs to begin with (CM has literally survived being turned inside out before).

Many Herald levelers are weaker on the inside, to various extents. Some parts are tougher than others.

Placidity
The sand still needs to go out somewhere no matter how durable you are, the matter doesn't just disappear, esp if we are talking abt half a ton, which would be a lot. Probably get pushed out the back end...

Newjak
Originally posted by Q99

There's a lot of difference between outside and inside. Even internally these guys are super durable, they have to be in order to survive in space or nukes or in the sun or sometimes black holes.

If they're insides were weak those organs would have been destroyed.

As to the sand the thing. Even if you teleport the Sand into someone who is durable it's not like they are gonna do what happened to Hyperion. The Sand still needs to be able to force the body to contort to take up the extra space.

I'm sorry but a half ton of sand just isn't enough force to cause someone as durable as Thor/Glads/Superman/Surfer/Captain Marvel/ etc to blow up like a balloon.

Newjak
Originally posted by Placidity
The sand still needs to go out somewhere no matter how durable you are, the matter doesn't just disappear, esp if we are talking abt half a ton, which would be a lot. Probably get pushed out the back end... I would be willing to assume that she would only be able to teleport the amount of sand that could fill up the body, anything else would simply be left behind and wouldn't be teleported.

Q99
Originally posted by Newjak
Even internally these guys are super durable, they have to be in order to survive in space or nukes or in the sun or sometimes black holes.

If they're insides were weak those organs would have been destroyed.

But generally not *as* super durable as the outside.

Consider The Atom killing Darkseid in Rock of Ages.

nwg202
I wonder what would have happend if blink tried teleporting a block of metal or adamantium inside his skull? Or if she teleported him inside solid metal or teleport a limb off. Very creative way of using teleportation powers.

Newjak
Originally posted by nwg202
I wonder what would have happend if blink tried teleporting a block of metal or adamantium inside his skull? Or if she teleported him inside solid metal or teleport a limb off. Very creative way of using teleportation powers. It really comes down to how strong the molecular bonds are for that person and considering what they have to take I would say they are very strong.

leonidas
the body stills needs to filter the sand and the person needs to be able to survive without being able to breathe until such time as they can get the sand out. i think the damage thing is less an issue than the suffocation factor. if a herald can drown, the attack could kill them. were we to look at the attack a little closer, the brain would also be flooded which imo would make it difficult to think. the person would likely be blind and deaf as well. if you don't have a constantly working healing factor, and need to breathe, i think (logically at least) the attack is pretty damn devastating. shrug

Cogito
The sand still needs to go out somewhere no matter how durable you are, the matter doesn't just disappear, esp if we are talking abt half a ton, which would be a lot. Probably get pushed out the back end...

The sand would be condensed into diamonds (or something even more dense).

h1a8

If can be easily compressed. Remember black holes are 12 or more stars (solar mass ones) compressed into a very small volume. Superman has held a black hole, sucked in many tons of water, etc. I don't see how most heralds can't contain the pressure of the sand without exploding.

IMO, the feat was PIS.

h1a8
the body stills needs to filter the sand and the person needs to be able to survive without being able to breathe until such time as they can get the sand out. i think the damage thing is less an issue than the suffocation factor. if a herald can drown, the attack could kill them. were we to look at the attack a little closer, the brain would also be flooded which imo would make it difficult to think. the person would likely be blind and deaf as well. if you don't have a constantly working healing factor, and need to breathe, i think (logically at least) the attack is pretty damn devastating. shrug

I agree. That's some nasty shyt right there.

Newjak
the body stills needs to filter the sand and the person needs to be able to survive without being able to breathe until such time as they can get the sand out. i think the damage thing is less an issue than the suffocation factor. if a herald can drown, the attack could kill them. were we to look at the attack a little closer, the brain would also be flooded which imo would make it difficult to think. the person would likely be blind and deaf as well. if you don't have a constantly working healing factor, and need to breathe, i think (logically at least) the attack is pretty damn devastating. shrug I do agree with that, but I don't see them exploding outwards like KH did.

nwg202
Thor, Hulk and jugs seemed to get really hurt when they were phased into the ground. Thor and wwhulk by kitty and juggs by vision. They survived of course, but teleporting a foreign object into your brain should at the very least hurt a whole lot more. Phasing someone and teleporting someone into an object are basically the same thing.

Yup, bloodlusted teleporters can really cause major damage similar to speedsters when they use their powers creatively.

nwg202
i wonder if this trick will work on herald level beings too. it's really a move that will kill someone so we don't see teleporters use it often. I wonder how you can determine if a portal can close around someones limb and take it off. How does one's durability counter a teleporters powers? Doomsday was put into stasis in a teleportation loop right? bastion was pretty durable and knightcrawler was able to take his arm off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by nwg202
Thor, Hulk and jugs seemed to get really hurt when they were phased into the ground. Thor and wwhulk by kitty and juggs by vision. They survived of course, but teleporting a foreign object into your brain should at the very least hurt a whole lot more. Phasing someone and teleporting someone into an object are basically the same thing.

Yup, bloodlusted teleporters can really cause major damage similar to speedsters when they use their powers creatively.
I recall superman being in shock but awake when fernus phased a table into his body, but he's his molecules pushed aside by an intangible foe and recovered instantly.

Newjak
The hard part for me to decide on these attacks is that how does teleporting someone's limbs off work?

I mean in order for their bodies to take the attacks they do the bonds that hold their body to together have to be extremely powerful. At least that seems reasonable to me.

So would teleporting something work. I mean in order for the teleportation to work and displace that body part it must first break those bonds that hods that part together.

Same with teleporting something into their brain.

What happens when the object being teleported in isn't string enough ti displace the matter already there?

Ambient
Simple! It doesnt get teleported..

I quess we have to look at what form of teleportation it is. Like say spatial tp which pretty much bend and cut space/reality that should work on mostly everything. Dimentional jumP tp shouldn't be able to severe parts of say a highly durable parts, ie: Supes, Thor, surfer. So something done by say night crawlers/blink couldn't cut limbs from most durable heralds..

Ambient
Double post

Nihilist
Butterball,easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.