Gladiator VS Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Gladiator- Classic

VS

Beta Ray Bill- Classic

Warrior or War-Horse?

quanchi112
Bill.

abhilegend
Horse-face wins.

carver9
Bill wins.

Bouboumaster
Split, or small edge to Bill

JakeTheBank
Bill.

h1a8
Gladiator, simply too fast

Glorificus
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator, simply too fast

This. Gladiator can move at multiple times lightspeed. He managed to keep up and even slightly outspeed Thor using his OWN speed during the whole time dilation thing with the Fantastic 4.

Mistress-Death
Bill smashes his head in, and speed isn't a problem for bill

carver9
Originally posted by Glorificus
This. Gladiator can move at multiple times lightspeed. He managed to keep up and even slightly outspeed Thor using his OWN speed during the whole time dilation thing with the Fantastic 4.

Yeah, their speed was increased to Hyper speed and Gladiator kept up with them, fought them and was even controlling a computer at hyper speed during that issue.

The thing about this is, I would give Thor and Bill the majority against "any" Herald. They are just too freaking powerful.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Bill smashes his head in, and speed isn't a problem for bill

Batman-Prime
Stalemate

KillAll
BRB imo

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Yeah, their speed was increased to Hyper speed and Gladiator kept up with them, fought them and was even controlling a computer at hyper speed during that issue.

The thing about this is, I would give Thor and Bill the majority against "any" Herald. They are just too freaking powerful.
Alternate reality gladiator and neither thor nor bill are "too" powerful for high heralds. Bill wins a hard battle here.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Alternate reality gladiator and neither thor nor bill are "too" powerful for high heralds. Bill wins a hard battle here.

It was Gladiator.

Like I've stated...Thor and Bill are too powerful for me to see a Herald getting a majority against them (minus Surfer...possibly).

Batman-Prime
BRB and Glads could each Take Superman for a slight majority, though.

abhilegend
It was Gladiator.

Like I've stated...Thor and Bill are too powerful for me to see a Herald getting a majority against them (minus Surfer...possibly).
So? Its not applicable to 616 gladiator.
Lulz.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
BRB and Bill could each Take Superman for a slight majority, though.
BRB and Bill?hmm

Batman-Prime
BRB and Bill?hmm

Sry meant Glads^^

abhilegend
Sry meant Glads^^
Not really.

leonidas
yeah, i agree that is blatantly inaccurate and i was gonna jump in there too, but, wrong thread for it......

country1000
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Bill smashes his head in, and speed isn't a problem for bill Gladiator wins. Stronger and faster. There is NO chance that bill would have been able to increase his speed the way Gladiator did in order to confront thor and the fantastic 4. Bill would have had to use reeds device just like thor did. Since it is well known that Gladiator can deliver planet destroying punches and can attack at said speed, bills only chance is if this fight takes place in a comic and not a forum battle.

abhilegend
Originally posted by country1000
Gladiator wins. Stronger and faster. There is NO chance that bill would have been able to increase his speed the way Gladiator did in order to confront thor and the fantastic 4. Bill would have had to use reeds device just like thor did. Since it is well known that Gladiator can deliver planet destroying punches and can attack at said speed, bills only chance is if this fight takes place in a comic and not a forum battle.
Alternate reality gladiator, not applicable for 616 gladiator and bill smashed planetS in his fight against stardust. Try again.

Stoic
Either could win on any given day. Split.

country1000
Alternate reality gladiator, not applicable for 616 gladiator and bill smashed planetS in his fight against stardust. Try again. Still gladiator, besides, 616 gladiator was the one who increased his speed to 100 times light speed and destroyed a planet with his fist. Bill smashed a planet with his hammer, not his fist, big difference. Bill cannot engage gladiator in high speed combat and at the same time use his hammer as offense and defense. Do you remember when flash and zoom fought at light speed and superman was a statue? Well guess what, gladiator was moving 99 times faster. Do you think bill is faster than superman? You try again.

Stoic
Still gladiator, besides, 616 gladiator was the one who increased his speed to 100 times light speed and destroyed a planet with his fist. Bill smashed a planet with his hammer, not his fist, big difference. Bill cannot engage gladiator in high speed combat and at the same time use his hammer as offense and defense. Do you remember when flash and zoom fought at light speed and superman was a statue? Well guess what, gladiator was moving 99 times faster. Do you think bill is faster than superman? You try again.

I tend to agree with your entire stance, but what of all of the times that Gladiator has lost to opponents much slower, or arguably weaker than himself? I think that this is the reason for many posters ignoring exactly what you stated, and are saying that Bill wins without considering Gladiator's best speed, strength, and striking feats.

country1000
Originally posted by Stoic
I tend to agree with your entire stance, but what of all of the times that Gladiator has lost to opponents much slower, or arguably weaker than himself? I think that this is the reason for many posters ignoring exactly what you stated, and are saying that Bill wins without considering Gladiator's best speed, strength, and striking feats. True, but what they are doing is using what happened to a character thats NOT a mainstream hero. gladiator will lose or fail to stomp heros or main characters in a comic book setting with limitations to what gladiator can do. They want to throw gladiators abilities out the window because of comic book fights like gladiator vs cannonball, gambit or characters he should and would crush is a forum battle.

Now at the same time, they defend a HERO like superman or thor beating a skyfather villian that should wipe the floor with them. Its accepted to them that a hero or mainstream popular character beats villians like darkseid or thanos and we all know why the hero wins. They seem to forget that the bad guys will ALWAYS lose in the end in a comic, but would most likely crush the character that beat them in a forum battle.

So what we have is the HERO effect vs the bad guy effect. They know the bad guy will lose in the end in a comic ( just ask firelord when he fought spiderman ) or how cannonball and thing survived a fight with gladiator. So they use that against the bad guys but accept when the HERO beats someone that SHOULD murder them.

leonidas
or we use most consistent feats as well as battles to form a more generalized opinion of a character and how they most commonly perform instead of looking at a couple high end feats and ignoring general portrayal. but, meh, to each their own.

country1000
Originally posted by leonidas
or we use most consistent feats as well as battles to form a more generalized opinion of a character and how they most commonly perform instead of looking at a couple high end feats and ignoring general portrayal. but, meh, to each their own. Wrong. A villains will be portrayed 99% of the time getting his butt kicked no matter how well they performed at the beginning. Thus you cannot form a generalized opinion on them when you know full well they will lose to the hero 99% of the time no matter how strong,fast,smart or powerful they are. You HAVE to look at their ( couple ) of high end feats because thats all they have to gauge them, most of the time they are losing to HEROS they should be able to stomp using their powersets.

Now on the other hand, the hero who is written to WIN 99% of the time will be judged highly because they win as heros MUST. Thats when people confuse the heros time to win with stuff such as... He stopped holding back and won, he stepped it up, his dial goes to 11, he was beaten before he was thrown into that reactor and other false beliefs. The bad guys DO NOT get that benefit, they are busy being written to lose to the hero making it impossible to gauge what they can do in a forum battle unless we use their ( shining moments ) or high end feats as FEW as they are. The HERO has tons of adverage feats because they WILL be written to save the day. But like you say, to each their own.

abhilegend
Still gladiator, besides, 616 gladiator was the one who increased his speed to 100 times light speed and destroyed a planet with his fist. Bill smashed a planet with his hammer, not his fist, big difference. Bill cannot engage gladiator in high speed combat and at the same time use his hammer as offense and defense. Do you remember when flash and zoom fought at light speed and superman was a statue? Well guess what, gladiator was moving 99 times faster. Do you think bill is faster than superman? You try again.

Really, because I think straight line travel and combat speed are two different things, eradicator has come from the edge of universe to earth in a few panels but he obviously can't fight at those speeds. Who cares, bill still has his hammer in this fight. Flash and zoom fought at faster than light speed and gladiator flew in a straight path, big whoop. Call me when you have something concrete but knowing you its not possible.

Wrong. A villains will be portrayed 99% of the time getting his butt kicked no matter how well they performed at the beginning. Thus you cannot form a generalized opinion on them when you know full well they will lose to the hero 99% of the time no matter how strong,fast,smart or powerful they are. You HAVE to look at their ( couple ) of high end feats because thats all they have to gauge them, most of the time they are losing to HEROS they should be able to stomp using their powersets.

Now on the other hand, the hero who is written to WIN 99% of the time will be judged highly because they win as heros MUST. Thats when people confuse the heros time to win with stuff such as... He stopped holding back and won, he stepped it up, his dial goes to 11, he was beaten before he was thrown into that reactor and other false beliefs. The bad guys DO NOT get that benefit, they are busy being written to lose to the hero making it impossible to gauge what they can do in a forum battle unless we use their ( shining moments ) or high end feats as FEW as they are. The HERO has tons of adverage feats because they WILL be written to save the day. But like you say, to each their own.

Blah, blah, blah. Gladiator isn't a villain and tell that to doom, thanos, magneto etc.

-Pr-
Kallark can do it, I think, but the most likely choice is Bill imo.

Wrong. A villains will be portrayed 99% of the time getting his butt kicked no matter how well they performed at the beginning. Thus you cannot form a generalized opinion on them when you know full well they will lose to the hero 99% of the time no matter how strong,fast,smart or powerful they are. You HAVE to look at their ( couple ) of high end feats because thats all they have to gauge them, most of the time they are losing to HEROS they should be able to stomp using their powersets.

No, Leo is right. At least in the context of the debating format of this forum.

country1000
Really, because I think straight line travel and combat speed are two different things, eradicator has come from the edge of universe to earth in a few panels but he obviously can't fight at those speeds. Who cares, bill still has his hammer in this fight. Flash and zoom fought at faster than light speed and gladiator flew in a straight path, big whoop. Call me when you have something concrete but knowing you its not possible.

Blah, blah, blah. Gladiator isn't a villain and tell that to doom, thanos, magneto etc. Do you even know what you are talking about? What's the quickest way to an opponent face? A STRAIGHT LINE. Did eradicator run into metors, moons and planets? Was he out of control? Can a speedster outrun his OWN perception? Show me a scan of ANY speedster running or flying at speeds beyond light under their own power not being able to perceive objects or getting confused as to where they are going or knocking over stuff or running or flying into trees killing themselves.

In order for gladiator to have even confronted thor and the fantastic 4, he had to 1. see them.... 2. notice what they were doing.... 3. catch up to them by increasing his speed to match.... 4. Maintain that speed to fight thor and interact with them after their little fight. Could bill have done that? NO. As far as something concrete, i dont need to present it to you, just look inside your head and you will find more than enough.

country1000
Originally posted by -Pr-
Kallark can do it, I think, but the most likely choice is Bill imo.

No, Leo is right. At least in the context of the debating format of this forum. Well then it appears that the debating format is set up to favor the Heros whereas the little used or bad guys get the short end of the stick. Thats unfair to people defending a character thats not a hero.

-Pr-
Well then it appears that the debating format is set up to favor the Heros whereas the little used or bad guys get the short end of the stick. Thats unfair to people defending a character thats not a hero.

No it isn't. The PIS rule deals with any "they win because they're the hero" instances, and villains are judged on their feats and merits, not on plot.

Besides, I wouldn't even call someone like Gladiator a villain, tbh.

leonidas

yeah, that makes no sense. and why you keep referring to glads as a villain is beyond me. he hardly fits into the 'little used' category anymore either. he's got PLENTY of appearances now to form a general sense of where he falls. your stance makes no allowance at all for the character as a whole, and instead focuses on powerset by using a select scene or feat. it has nothing to do with hero/villain. and bad guys get the benefit of the doubt ALL the time on the forum, so your point is again rendered meaningless. we don't debate solely on highest feats around these parts. high end feats are only part of the picture adn without some consistent replication high feats can also be viewed as pis, just as low ones can. which is why a more consistent view of the character needs to be formed.

abhilegend
Do you even know what you are talking about? What's the quickest way to an opponent face? A STRAIGHT LINE. Did eradicator run into metors, moons and planets? Was he out of control? Can a speedster outrun his OWN perception? Show me a scan of ANY speedster running or flying at speeds beyond light under their own power not being able to perceive objects or getting confused as to where they are going or knocking over stuff or running or flying into trees killing themselves.

In order for gladiator to have even confronted thor and the fantastic 4, he had to 1. see them.... 2. notice what they were doing.... 3. catch up to them by increasing his speed to match.... 4. Maintain that speed to fight thor and interact with them after their little fight. Could bill have done that? NO. As far as something concrete, i dont need to present it to you, just look inside your head and you will find more than enough.
Thor and bill can travel at ftl speed in a straight line too. Gladiator flew from pluto or was it saturn and eradicator flew from edge of universe, guess who would encounter more planets, stars or moons? Again, alternate reality gladiator with no bearings on 616 gladiator.

Doon
They are pretty evenly matched in my opinion, but Gladiator is too arrogant. I can see that being his undoing.

WaveMotionGun
I like Gladiator 6/10. Full strength and confidence Gladiator can pull this out.

JakeTheBank
Bill wins.

Originally posted by WaveMotionGun
I like Gladiator 6/10. Full strength and confidence Gladiator can pull this out.

DARTH POWER
^ That last one wasn't Carver.. I was confused for a second as well lol

Lord Feron
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ That last one wasn't Carver.. I was confused for a second as well lol

his hate has blinded him! just sees that wolverine avatar and goes nuts!

JakeTheBank
Lol my bad.

In my defense, this wouldn't be the first time Carv contradicts himself in the same thread.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
his hate has blinded him! just sees that wolverine avatar and goes nuts!

laughing out loud Must...Destroy

carver9
Originally posted by WaveMotionGun

I'm starting to like you already...the Sig, your decision, confusing Jake. Here is the pop quiz...the answer to this question would depict me and your future as allies. Who would win in a fight between Superman and Gladiator?

juggernaut74
Glads.

Lord Feron
I'm starting to like you already...the Sig, your decision, confusing Jake. Here is the pop quiz...the answer to this question would depict me and your future as allies. Who would win in a fight between Superman and Gladiator?

I almost feel like carver is just talking to himself... stick out tongue

abhilegend
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I almost feel like carver is just talking to himself... stick out tongue
He always does that though, what's new?

Stoic
On one hand Gladiator can throw many unanswered punches in bunches, and these would be high impact punches, and give Bill lasek surgery at the same time.

On the other hand Bill could block those punches, and laser assaults by using the hammer as a shield, and return some heavy impacts, and energy assaults of his own. Either of these guys could win, and I think that it would depend on who would get off the first volley.

Batman-Prime

Gladiator!

kgkg
Bill wins. I'm disappointed.

carver9
Gladiator!

Happy Dance

Damborgson
Bill.

Galan007
Bill.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.